Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Results 326 to 332 of 332

Thread: The Infraction Point System - NEW INFRACTIONS 7/18/14

  1. #326

    Default

    censor evasion is really the only thing we infract for in terms of foul language. pretty much any word that we would not allow on these forums under any circumstances will be caught by the censor, so it will still work when you are copy/pasting something. implied cursing really shouldnt be done either, just let it censor out the whole word or choose a different word that is not censored. in terms of "unlucky typos," we will use discretion on whether it actually looks like a typo or if it was on purpose to evade. it's only 1 point anyways so if that happens to you, make sure you read more carefully.


    be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)
    Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)
    [21:03] <+Skiks> ellie is out of context
    [21:04] <+Skiks> the experience

  2. #327
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Arizona, Usa
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Some of these are silly reasons though... So i have some questions. Im just going to point out, these are opinions but strongly include my common sense into them. Im not trying to offend or be rude anyone and im not saying names.

    Im just a curious person honestly enough.

    _____

    5. What if someone doesnt realize theyre bumping an older topic? Some topics just dont get locked and stay up higher on the list so they look new, so its technically not just their fault, an admin should lock topics that are no longer in use. Heres an infraction for doing something you didnt notice you were doing wrong.

    7. This was a problem for me. When i was here a year ago i asked an admin where to post something. It was my team and what i should add to it and change and whatnot. I posted my thing and then another admin gave me an infraction of 10 points after removing it and said "oh you cant post that there", but thats literally what it was for, there was no where else to post it, it was the most fitting thread, i remember being so upset that night. Where elsd did the admin expect me to post it? I dont have personal friends to help me.

    25. Why would someone get infractions for having two accounts if they arent using the second one for banhopping? They would still have the same number of pokemon to trade, etc. Thats kind of strange to me.

    28. Lmao... I dont even know what to say about this. Why would someone get in trouble for unknowingly using plagerism? That makes no sense.

    _____

    I can see good reasons for the rest of the rules though, those few just dont make complete sense to me.

    Ive also wanted to say that alot of people get infractions without getting to explain themselves first. If they sound or seem legit, you shouldnt give them an infraction. I had that problem when i was on here a year ago. Admins dont listen to you because they dont want to admit theyre wrong at times. Everyone makes mistakes. Atleast they should get a warning before actually getting an infraction point, especially if theyre new or didnt know better. Equal rights.

    Sorry i dont know if its because im a bit older or whatever, but ive come to conclusion that somethings wrong here. I had to say it. Now i can stop thinking about it.

  3. #328
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    all about how
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Hi there; while I'm not staff I think I can still help you out with these

    Quote Originally Posted by Moana View Post
    _____

    5. What if someone doesnt realize theyre bumping an older topic? Some topics just dont get locked and stay up higher on the list so they look new, so its technically not just their fault, an admin should lock topics that are no longer in use. Heres an infraction for doing something you didnt notice you were doing wrong.
    what you want to do is go to Settings > General Settings and scroll down to where it says "Default Thread Age Cut-Off". Make sure "Show threads from the last 2 months" is selected and and save your changes. After this you shouldn't have any trouble with that rule because the only threads showing will be either still active or stickied (which are fine to post in at anytime)

    Mods do lock topics that are no longer in use but only after they notice after someone bump them. It would take forever if they just locked every single thread after it went inactive. Most of the mods are university students now and wouldn't have time for this


    25. Why would someone get infractions for having two accounts if they arent using the second one for banhopping? They would still have the same number of pokemon to trade, etc. Thats kind of strange to me.
    While I'm not entirely sure what the reason behind it is and it's a rule that I got burned on myself, my guess would probably be related to infractions. If you get two infractions for breaking the same rule twice, the second infraction is supposed to be automatically longer lasting than the first. This doesn't automatically happen if, for example, someone breaks a rule twice, but they did it once on each account and therefore receive one infraction on each account. My guess is the mods want to prevent that from happening

    I can't answer the others but I hope this helped a little bit. A mod should come and answer the rest



  4. #329
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    The Time-Space Continuum
    Posts
    2,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moana View Post
    Some of these are silly reasons though... So i have some questions. Im just going to point out, these are opinions but strongly include my common sense into them. Im not trying to offend or be rude anyone and im not saying names.

    Im just a curious person honestly enough.

    _____

    5. What if someone doesnt realize theyre bumping an older topic? Some topics just dont get locked and stay up higher on the list so they look new, so its technically not just their fault, an admin should lock topics that are no longer in use. Heres an infraction for doing something you didnt notice you were doing wrong.

    7. This was a problem for me. When i was here a year ago i asked an admin where to post something. It was my team and what i should add to it and change and whatnot. I posted my thing and then another admin gave me an infraction of 10 points after removing it and said "oh you cant post that there", but thats literally what it was for, there was no where else to post it, it was the most fitting thread, i remember being so upset that night. Where elsd did the admin expect me to post it? I dont have personal friends to help me.

    25. Why would someone get infractions for having two accounts if they arent using the second one for banhopping? They would still have the same number of pokemon to trade, etc. Thats kind of strange to me.

    28. Lmao... I dont even know what to say about this. Why would someone get in trouble for unknowingly using plagerism? That makes no sense.

    _____

    I can see good reasons for the rest of the rules though, those few just dont make complete sense to me.

    Ive also wanted to say that alot of people get infractions without getting to explain themselves first. If they sound or seem legit, you shouldnt give them an infraction. I had that problem when i was on here a year ago. Admins dont listen to you because they dont want to admit theyre wrong at times. Everyone makes mistakes. Atleast they should get a warning before actually getting an infraction point, especially if theyre new or didnt know better. Equal rights.

    Sorry i dont know if its because im a bit older or whatever, but ive come to conclusion that somethings wrong here. I had to say it. Now i can stop thinking about it.
    Hello! Like keepitsimple I'm not a mod, but I think I could help with your dilemma a little on the things keepitsimple hasn't:

    7: I don't know the specifics of this situation, but if an admin gave you an infraction after another admin said you should post it there then it may be unjust. However, if the first admin you asked didn't give an answer then most likely it was the subject matter of your thread that disobeyed the subforum rules. It could possibly be the thread layout, or the title, or something else entirely, but since I haven't seen this thread I can't make a conclusion.

    28: an example was given in the second post. You could find a fan-sprite believing it to be official and post it without credit, which would be unintentional plagiarism. Since you didn't realise, it would only be a minor infraction, while copy-pasting a whole fanfic while saying you wrote all of it would indeed be deliberate.

    As for that bit at the bottom, how would you know that "a lot of people" get infractions unfairly if you can't see them? Maybe someone told you about their infraction, but in the long run that wouldn't be too many people. See, most of these infractions are things which are most definitely deliberate - even if you're unaware of the double-posting rule and signature limits (both of which I ended up getting infractions for when I first joined), you know how you messed up and know not to do it again. The point of an infraction isn't supposed to be pointing the finger at someone and calling them guilty - all it's supposed to be is a more "hey, you messed up, I can understand that but just don't do it again".

    And plus, if a user sounds legit, then they probably are legit, and here's the big point - the mod will then infract based on the specific infraction. If they genuinely claim that they didn't know the double-posting rule, they will get an infraction because, well, it's in the rules that you should read when you first join the forum (I myself am guilty of this, as said earlier). If they claim that their deliberate plagiarism infraction was wrong because they never knew a Sprite was fanmade, then the infraction would presumably be lowered to an unintentional plagiarism one. Simply claiming that admins aren't just in any way because of a single experience you had doesn't prove that they're all demons that are out for our blood.

  5. #330
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moana View Post
    Some of these are silly reasons though... So i have some questions. Im just going to point out, these are opinions but strongly include my common sense into them. Im not trying to offend or be rude anyone and im not saying names.

    Im just a curious person honestly enough.

    _____

    5. What if someone doesnt realize theyre bumping an older topic? Some topics just dont get locked and stay up higher on the list so they look new, so its technically not just their fault, an admin should lock topics that are no longer in use. Heres an infraction for doing something you didnt notice you were doing wrong.

    7. This was a problem for me. When i was here a year ago i asked an admin where to post something. It was my team and what i should add to it and change and whatnot. I posted my thing and then another admin gave me an infraction of 10 points after removing it and said "oh you cant post that there", but thats literally what it was for, there was no where else to post it, it was the most fitting thread, i remember being so upset that night. Where elsd did the admin expect me to post it? I dont have personal friends to help me.

    25. Why would someone get infractions for having two accounts if they arent using the second one for banhopping? They would still have the same number of pokemon to trade, etc. Thats kind of strange to me.

    28. Lmao... I dont even know what to say about this. Why would someone get in trouble for unknowingly using plagerism? That makes no sense.

    _____

    I can see good reasons for the rest of the rules though, those few just dont make complete sense to me.

    Ive also wanted to say that alot of people get infractions without getting to explain themselves first. If they sound or seem legit, you shouldnt give them an infraction. I had that problem when i was on here a year ago. Admins dont listen to you because they dont want to admit theyre wrong at times. Everyone makes mistakes. Atleast they should get a warning before actually getting an infraction point, especially if theyre new or didnt know better. Equal rights.

    Sorry i dont know if its because im a bit older or whatever, but ive come to conclusion that somethings wrong here. I had to say it. Now i can stop thinking about it.
    I've not been staff for several years, but I have a very good idea on how it used to work.

    5. Most other forums I visit generally don't like you resurrecting dead threads. Locking threads while nice, would require alot of work to check and close them. Plus, its often the Staff member's decision to enforce that rule. I've know a few cases, probably hidden in the old 3rd Gen section, where the staff member at the time let it slide.

    7. OK, I'm a Ex-Staff member, and this sounds like you may need to take up above the staff members in question. If you still have them, Report both PMs, with the message saying I got infracted for doing this as the staff member said. Reporting them will make a copy that PM that no one can edit, in to the "Hidden" Staff reports forum. At least that way it's, not just your word against his/hers. You may have still broken the rules, but without any more info I can't say.

    25. If you've managed to get banned, Generally, you've done something serious, or you've constantly broken the rules around here. Most of the time, you need at least two separate incidents within 45 days to get banned for a week. Generally, it to prevent a new account continuing the trouble which got you banned in the first place. Currently there is only a few "instant" ban offences. Posting Porn on a site visited by children is understandable. The two more are for "Spam bots" and Ban evaders. Remember the staff do have access to a few extra pieces of information that the server keeps, which can be used against you. The staff generally don't just ban someone unless they've got some serious evidence to back it up.

    28. As a ex-staff member, I don't remember seeing an instance where that was used as response. But then I was not in areas where this would be anywhere close to a standard response. To put simply, It's a huge can of worms, but then Copywrite and Plagiarism usually is. To put simply, it can be a huge issue for Serebii. Generally people shouldn't be copying stuff willy nilly and claiming it's their own..

    Staff will go on a case by case basis, most staff can only choose from the"Standard Offences" list in the first post. Staff do also know when the actions will ban someone. (Point based Bans will force a new window to post a message up before it is applied.)

  6. #331
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    0

    Default

    I just registered and I saw an announcement saying that due to a recent event; I might want to change my password. Could someone explain the nature of the occurrence and if changing my password is necessary considering I registered about five minutes ago?

  7. #332
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    The Time-Space Continuum
    Posts
    2,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Puzzle Man View Post
    I just registered and I saw an announcement saying that due to a recent event; I might want to change my password. Could someone explain the nature of the occurrence and if changing my password is necessary considering I registered about five minutes ago?
    I had the same message when I joined last year. I think there must've been something where some accounts got hacked however long ago, a notice was sent out and then it was never properly removed. The notice eventually left for me so I say just leave it for now. Or change your password once if it makes you feel safer.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •