Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Infraction Point System - NEW INFRACTIONS 7/18/14

Next mod's post will = "Don't do anything to get an infraction / follow the rules" kind of post. >.>
    Well what else should we say? 'Go get banned'? =p

Mind you to be frank this is still fairly lax. =/ If one can't learn after the first number of infractions (which can be easily up to five separate infractions if not more depending on what you do) to follow the rules then clearly one isn't paying attention. That and other forum systems have less (say, PC requires one to hit a 'mere' nine infraction points before being banned, and bgmf has ten points if memory serves). If you call a 5 point reduction in what you needed to get banned here making the current limit of 15 infraction points at the same time 'strict'... =p

Or look at it this way - what took one seven infractions of the usual 3-point stuff to get banned (ignoring any warnings given instead which usually happens anyway) now takes five instances. That's at least five separate chances you may get before you get banned assuming you do the small stuff only, and with the big stuff (flaming, trolling, etc) one really should know better in the first place anyway and still one needs to do that 2-3 times before being banned! And now it's harder for people to wait out infractions before going back to their old ways, which was getting to be a problem. That's basically the change that happened now.
    Last edited by bobandbill; 21st August 2011 at 4:49 AM.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

I asked Skyomi to marry me once. Is that considered VM harassment?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    What was that Regarde. I couldn't hear you with all of that dick in your mouth.

^Greatest Cosplay Evar^

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    Partly due to the fact that I have 15 points now so a single more infraction will bane me, and partly because of how strict it is now.
    15 points? Who's fault is that.

None of you will get banned if you aren't trolling, or otherwise incapable of following SPPf's simple rules. Don't spam, don't troll, don't steal / talk about illegal stuff (primarily roms), pay attention to forums with specific rules (Competitive RMT, Clans and so on) and you probably won't get any infractions.

Quote Originally Posted by R4GEKILL!!! View Post
    I asked Skyomi to marry me once. Is that considered VM harassment?
    It depends.. on what Skyomi and you do after it. Harassment Acorrding to wiktionary:
    harassmentNoun

harassment (plural harassments)

1. Persistent attacks and criticism causing worry and distress
    2. To deliberately pester or annoy

I usually take look at several VM in most cases.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    Well what else should we say? 'Go get banned'? =p

Mind you to be frank this is still fairly lax. =/ If one can't learn after the first number of infractions (which can be easily up to five separate infractions if not more depending on what you do) to follow the rules then clearly one isn't paying attention. That and other forum systems have less (say, PC requires one to hit a 'mere' nine infraction points before being banned, and bgmf has ten points if memory serves). If you call a 5 point reduction in what you needed to get banned here making the current limit of 15 infraction points at the same time 'strict'... =p

Or look at it this way - what took one seven infractions of the usual 3-point stuff to get banned (ignoring any warnings given instead which usually happens anyway) now takes five instances. That's at least five separate chances you may get before you get banned assuming you do the small stuff only, and with the big stuff (flaming, trolling, etc) one really should know better in the first place anyway and still one needs to do that 2-3 times before being banned! And now it's harder for people to wait out infractions before going back to their old ways, which was getting to be a problem. That's basically the change that happened now.
    IDK. I guess I see the 5 chance thing. (why won't they learn >.>) But I guess it's some stuff I don't uderstand. Like Chain PMs. Does this mean like FWDs? Like "if u dnt send this before midnight a guy with no arms and no legs will kill u" thing? And Unsolicited PMs. What does that mean? And about mini modding. I don't believe the "this should be in this thread/forum" post should be mini modding. It could be helpful. Especially if the provide a link. If it's (like an example (can't quite remember where) that was "User A Spammed! He should be INFRACTED!" or something like that post,) it would be considered mini modding.

Does that make sense? I have a bit of a hard time explaining myself at times. >.<
    I mod the Smogon Forums. Feel free to ask me any questions!

Well, here is a TL;DR of the SPPf Rules;

Play nice with the other kids, or a friendly Mod will drop by your play corner and start beating you with a giant rubber mallet.
    *signature does not exist. I have no clue when I'll even post again, really. :/*

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    Note that these changes do not apply to previous infractions. If you received an old infraction for flaming it is still only 3 points, you will not be banned if you have 16-19 points unless some expire and you re-reach 15, and your older infractions will not be extended. These changes only apply to any infractions given from now on.
    This part is what I'm a little iffy about, say someone has 18 points, then a spamming infraction expires, he will now have 15 and be banned? That sounds a little silly to me.
    THIS DAY IS GOING TO BE PERFECT
    Because love's in bloom~

"After all this time?"
    "Always", said Snape.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate

Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    It depends.. on what Skyomi and you do after it. Harassment Acorrding to wiktionary:
    [/LIST]
    I usually take look at several VM in most cases.
    Lol. It was just a joke. But still, mods have randomly overreacted to things and infracted me on them. (Then again, they also ignore everything I've ever done that I shouldve probrably been infracted for.) You guys are friggin' random. Lol.

^Greatest Cosplay Evar^

I'm glad that it isn't any stricter... Way stricter forums out there...

A question: so I have 12 points in total from my four infractions, but only one is still alive, so that's listed as 3 points. Do I still get banned after one more 3 point infraction, or am I only banned after I somehow manage to reach 15 points before this one expires?

When an infraction expires, it just sits there not doing much. It won't count to any scores.

SPPf is built to be a place where we can enjoy a cup of tea and a good battle- there are places for trolling and hacking, and it's not here.

The rules make Serebii as such, and I think it's grand.
    *signature does not exist. I have no clue when I'll even post again, really. :/*

Quote Originally Posted by DarumakkaImposter View Post
    I don't believe the "this should be in this thread/forum" post should be mini modding.
    I agree here, though the final decision is up to the mods. If you're generally helpful you won't be infracted. There's always the option of giving out warnings too.

Quote Originally Posted by deokishisu.123 View Post
    Well, here is a TL;DR of the SPPf Rules;

Play nice with the other kids, or a friendly Mod will drop by your play corner and start beating you with a giant rubber mallet.
    Calm down son, you have a grand total of three infraction points. You don't have to be an angelic poster, you just have to avoid being a spamming retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangeet View Post
    This part is what I'm a little iffy about, say someone has 18 points, then a spamming infraction expires, he will now have 15 and be banned? That sounds a little silly to me.
    Agreed. If this happens just post here and I'm sure a solution will be worked out.

But what is the bad thing about talking about hacked things such as roms and ARs. (am I allowed to mention them here?) o.o I hope so. They don't seem to be hurting the forums. Except in battle and the like. But most people know what can hit what and whatnot. Or, there are damage calculators. Other than that I can't think of anything else but it making the forums look bad. ;_;

It just isn't alright to talk about -using- them for an advantage. The topic just popping up in a thread somewhere on the brinks of the Grid isn't going to get you infracted.

It just isn't alright to talk about -using- them for an advantage. The topic just popping up in a thread somewhere on the brinks of the Grid isn't going to get you infracted.
    You mean like if I make a thread asking what happened if you used one?

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=493454

I got an infraction. But of course, that was months ago and the new rules may not apply like the old ones did.

I got infracted in the debate forum for commenting on a thread saying it was already made. Because it was already made. Like a week before. That's a little retarded. You guys kinda OD on the minimodding thing.

^Greatest Cosplay Evar^

IDK. I guess I see the 5 chance thing. (why won't they learn >.>) But I guess it's some stuff I don't uderstand. Like Chain PMs. Does this mean like FWDs? Like "if u dnt send this before midnight a guy with no arms and no legs will kill u" thing? And Unsolicited PMs. What does that mean? And about mini modding. I don't believe the "this should be in this thread/forum" post should be mini modding. It could be helpful. Especially if the provide a link. If it's (like an example (can't quite remember where) that was "User A Spammed! He should be INFRACTED!" or something like that post,) it would be considered mini modding.

Does that make sense? I have a bit of a hard time explaining myself at times. >.<
    If you mean you'd like to see more explanation on each infraction in this thread than that may be somthing that could be added... we'll see.

As I'm here on the things you mentioned - chaim pms like that, yeah, and also 'join my site/clan/club!' sort of PMs. As for mini-modding, it actually isn't helpful in most cases, and although that instance isn't as bad as the latter you made up, it's still against the rules and can be more troubl than it's worth. Say if someone asks a question in a new thread about the games outside the help thread stickies that exist I don't personally mind someone posting to answer said question and adding 'btw this is in the wrong place, try here for help' if they also report it - but if they don't, then us mods won't know about the thread until we see it ourself - minmodding should never be a replacement for reports but many pople seem to think that. It also can just add to spam/the number offtopic posts (e.g. someone gets annoyeed anothr member is telling them what to do, etc...). Other instances include people being incorrect when they minimod on the rules or whatnot (it happens!) and hence giving incorrect advice to other members.
    I actually don't think that would happen - it's more you go back down below (say 12) and then do something else that'll bump you up to 15 - then you get banned. But yes, as BH said if it happens there's the staff contact forum to use and we'll fix it up.
    A question: so I have 12 points in total from my four infractions, but only one is still alive, so that's listed as 3 points. Do I still get banned after one more 3 point infraction, or am I only banned after I somehow manage to reach 15 points before this one expires?
    The latter.
    But what is the bad thing about talking about hacked things such as roms and ARs. (am I allowed to mention them here?) o.o I hope so. They don't seem to be hurting the forums. Except in battle and the like. But most people know what can hit what and whatnot. Or, there are damage calculators. Other than that I can't think of anything else but it making the forums look bad. ;_;
    As you're discussing the infraction, sure ;p It's illegal stuff that's being talked about there and discussion easily leads to links or endorsement or so forth. Given issues with the such and Nintendo (remember they threw a fit last year when joe used images of the B/W game on his site after it came out in Japan and he had a cease and detest from a lawyer along with som other sites =/), and the fact Joe would rather be safe than sorry with such potential issues happening on his forums... basically Joe's take on it, and from where he's coming from it's fair enough. Again, though it depends on the context - for instance, here it's fine to talk about an infraction concrning it or say in certain discussions in the Nintendo/Other Video Games section, but say asking how to use an AR or all is infractable.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(

Bluntly making a thread to AR and ROMs will give you a problem. But if it just starts getting talked about in a thread on, say, a league discussion, about if people use one, no, you won't get infracted.

EDIT: Even a mod ninja'd me. o_o

I'm also being ninja'd here you know. =p
    Quote Originally Posted by R4GEKILL!!! View Post
    I got infracted in the debate forum for commenting on a thread saying it was already made. Because it was already made. Like a week before. That's a little retarded. You guys kinda OD on the minimodding thing.
    If you ever have a complaint about an infraction take it up with the mod who gave it to you there and then. This thread isn't for whinging about stuff in the past though. Mind you that sounds like an off-topic post in itself, as saying 'this already exists!' doesn't add anything to the discussion, nor does it help the mods in dealing with it (ie via reports). In fact a lot of mini-modding infractions could have been treated as spam/off-topic instead.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

ROMs are clearly illegal. Granted, I LOVE ROMs but in public I'll pretend I don't and have the common sense to not freely express my usage of illegal stuff.

As for AR, I don't care. I won't infract anyone for it in my sections because AR is much more widespread and acceptable in Competitive Pokemon but I'm not sure how the other mods feel.

AR is Competitive-abled? Here I was thinking I was going to be hung for discussing it in competitive.

Well, I learned something new today. o_o

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    If you mean you'd like to see more explanation on each infraction in this thread than that may be somthing that could be added... we'll see.

Sort of. It's just mainly the big words some people might not know or use on a daily basis. But I'm not going to go and say Unsolicited in every other word.

As I'm here on the things you mentioned - chaim pms like that, yeah, and also 'join my site/clan/club!' sort of PMs. As for mini-modding, it actually isn't helpful in most cases, and although that instance isn't as bad as the latter you made up, it's still against the rules and can be more troubl than it's worth. Say if someone asks a question in a new thread about the games outside the help thread stickies that exist I don't personally mind someone posting to answer said question and adding 'btw this is in the wrong place, try here for help' if they also report it - but if they don't, then us mods won't know about the thread until we see it ourself - minmodding should never be a replacement for reports but many pople seem to think that. It also can just add to spam/the number offtopic posts (e.g. someone gets annoyeed anothr member is telling them what to do, etc...). Other instances include people being incorrect when they minimod on the rules or whatnot (it happens!) and hence giving incorrect advice to other members.

I halfway understand that. o.o I'll break it down later in the post.

As you're discussing the infraction, sure ;p It's illegal stuff that's being talked about there and discussion easily leads to links or endorsement or so forth. Given issues with the such and Nintendo (remember they threw a fit last year when joe used images of the B/W game on his site after it came out in Japan and he had a cease and detest from a lawyer along with som other sites =/), and the fact Joe would rather be safe than sorry with such potential issues happening on his forums... basically Joe's take on it, and from where he's coming from it's fair enough. Again, though it depends on the context - for instance, here it's fine to talk about an infraction concrning it or say in certain discussions in the Nintendo/Other Video Games section, but say asking how to use an AR or all is infractable.

I don't personally mind someone posting to answer said question and adding 'btw this is in the wrong place, try here for help' if they also report it
    So we help, say go here for more help, then report?

minmodding should never be a replacement for reports but many pople seem to think that. It also can just add to spam/the number offtopic posts (e.g. someone gets annoyeed anothr member is telling them what to do, etc...).
    This is where I get stupid. What do you mean by "minmodding should never be a replacement for reports but many pople seem to think that"? They help then report. I thought the report was a good thing.

I bet I'm the only one that doesn't fully understand this.

>.<

Sorry

D:

(remember they threw a fit last year when joe used images of the B/W game on his site after it came out in Japan and he had a cease and detest from a lawyer along with som other sites =/),
    I do remember that. I was mad at nintendo really. Everyone was gonna find out through friends that have the game or e-mail, etc., etc.

Also, I recall the talk about ROMs in a thread I was in. A friend of mine actually said they were illegal by law or something. That they had to get illegal stuff to download it on the computer and hack it or something.
    Last edited by DarumakkaImposter; 21st August 2011 at 5:45 AM.

15 points? Who's fault is that.

None of you will get banned if you aren't trolling, or otherwise incapable of following SPPf's simple rules. Don't spam, don't troll, don't steal / talk about illegal stuff (primarily roms), pay attention to forums with specific rules (Competitive RMT, Clans and so on) and you probably won't get any infractions.
    In my defense, occasionally I reply to something I don't consider spam, and apparently my views are a tad different than the mods. That's nine of my points right there. I suppose that'll always be the case, but oh well. :X

AR is Competitive-abled? Here I was thinking I was going to be hung for discussing it in competitive.

Well, I learned something new today. o_o
    Its frowned upon, but realistically speaking its very common and despite what the rules say no one is going to give you a hard time for it. Well, as long as your Pokemon have legit stats and movepools. Its still frowned upon and technically against the rules but its so widespread.. as long as you don't LIE about it nor are you allowed to trade hacked pokes.

How will be able to tell if they plagurism was accidental or not? And how can somebody accidentally plagurize in the first place?
    Last edited by jacobii; 21st August 2011 at 5:53 AM.

YUM YUM JIMMY JOHN'S!

Quote Originally Posted by jacobii View Post
    How will be able to tell if they plagurism was accidental or not. And how can somebody accidentally plagurize in the first place?
    Google > Search "_____" > Copy > Paste in sig > no credit.

If someone recognizes that as their art and no credit has been given, well, that's how you recognize Plagiarism.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast