Page 95 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 3503

Thread: My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic - Lets go to 2 : Electric Scootaloo!

From TV Tropes:

"To get on the Brilliance we have to look at a bit of Horror, it was confirmed that the two shooting in the episode were a representation of AJ's deceased parents. But with this info past incidents make much more sense. In Cutie Mark Chronicles AJ left home (as well as her grandmother and older brother both very upset) she very well may have left in an attempt to escape the depression of her now gone parents. At the same time Big Mac was left physically upset during both this episode and during her disappearance in Last Round Up, so much so that fans tend to mock his overly emotional states. Being the age he was in Cutie Mark Chronicles he would have been the oldest and therefore most attached of the Apple children to their parents. The thought of loosing another member of his family could explain why he was so upset both times."

Oh, Big Mac, you big teddy bear you.

Also we have to remember the series is not just about Fluttershy. Its about the main six and spike learning lessons about frieship.
    Fluttershy only had one notable scene this season (helping during the Magic Duel). Since she's a student for Celestia she's expected to write letters and learn like anypony else, so it's to be expected that she'd get an episode every once in a while. Fluttershy's written the fewest letters out of the Mane 6. At one point in Season 2 it was a bit of a joke that Fluttershy never wrote Princess Celestia because she's " either a very good friend or illiterate ".

Oh, and Spike's episode got leaked early but since it was mere hours early I'll just wait for everyone to watch this time.

So apparently my parents get the Hub, which is awesome because now when I'm staying with them, I can watch ponies in glorious HD.

Spoiler:- Episode Spoilers:
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    So apparently my parents get the Hub, which is awesome because now when I'm staying with them, I can watch ponies in glorious HD.

I definitely agree that this week's ep was better than last week, especially with the awesome AJ action against the Timberwolves in the beginning (ironically this did more for my AJ meter than her episode). As for Spike acting a bit OOC, I'll consent to that, but you could explain away some of it by saying he was just unfamiliar with his surroundings. That unfamiliarity resulted in clumsiness.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    I support and believe in pearlshipping
    Oh yeah, and I like Darth Vader too.

Herein lies a great story of love, friendship, betryal,........and generally all the other good stuff a story needs :http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ul-A-Pearlship

Current team in lvl. 100 training-

Quote Originally Posted by Jerda Foks View Post
    I definitely agree that this week's ep was better than last week, especially with the awesome AJ action against the Timberwolves in the beginning (ironically this did more for my AJ meter than her episode). As for Spike acting a bit OOC, I'll consent to that, but you could explain away some of it by saying he was just unfamiliar with his surroundings. That unfamiliarity resulted in clumsiness.
    That and he was overly eager to repay AJ. But as TV Tropes always says, Your Millage May Vary.

Even though she appeared the least in the episode, all of Pinkie's lines were the best. I'LL WEAR THIS MUSTACHE.
    3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    X IGN: Sqeen
    OR IGN: Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Ponymon View Post
    Even though she appeared the least in the episode, all of Pinkie's lines were the best. I'LL WEAR THIS MUSTACHE.
    Why is it that everything that comes out of Pinkie's mouth lately is always hilarious?
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Why is it that everything that comes out of Pinkie's mouth lately is always hilarious?
    Maybe there really beginning to *wait for it* grow the beard.

Guess who's too addicted to TV Tropes for his own good:

"Spike seems to be more clumsy than usual when he starts helping Applejack than Twilight. But he's been Twilight's assistant ever since he was a baby, so they would know which tasks he would be good or bad at. However, he's just recently started serving Applejack and is faced with tasks different from what he usually does. Therefore he wouldn't know how well he would do on them."
    Last edited by matt0044; 30th December 2012 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Maybe there really beginning to *wait for it* grow the beard.

Guess who's too addicted to TV Tropes for his own good:

"Spike seems to be more clumsy than usual when he starts helping Applejack than Twilight. But he's been Twilight's assistant ever since he was a baby, so they would know which tasks he would be good or bad at. However, he's just recently started serving Applejack and is faced with tasks different from what he usually does. Therefore he wouldn't know how well he would do on them."
    That...actually explains why Spike was so clumsy in that episode. Quick! Can TVTropes explain why Twilight was freaking out so much in "Lesson Zero"?

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    That...actually explains why Spike was so clumsy in that episode. Quick! Can TVTropes explain why Twilight was freaking out so much in "Lesson Zero"?
    Leave it to me. There's these:

"At first it might seem like Twilight has the first breakdown on the show that isn't related to her cutie mark in "Lesson Zero", but then you have to remember that Twilight's area of expertise is magic, and in this show, friendship is magic. She didn't have a lesson on friendship to report to Celestia, and when her attempts to fix any problems her friends had were going nowhere fast (as in, they didn't need her to be a "good friend" at the time), she really started to lose it."

"In addition, she mentions repeatedly that she might have to leave Ponyville and all her friends. When you think about it that way, her breakdown really makes sense. It's not just her fearing being tardy, it's fearing being taken from her True Companions!"

"It makes far more sense if one assumes she's having post-traumatic stress disorder: The previous episode had her and her friends suffer Mind Rape at the hands of the Anthropomorphic Personification of chaos, and only re-reading her old friendship reports was able to save her; of course she's going to value order and her lessons afterward!"

Here's a link to see more for yourself: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FridgeBrilliance/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic

Good episode. Would have liked more Twilight/Spike interaction, but the ending definitely filled that quota <3

Pinkie's few lines in this episode had me in hysterics. I'm also glad all the mane characters had some screentime in this episode. Good thing they threw in that sparity moment too, it might stop the spikejack shippers from going wild

Definitely not my favourite of the season, but I enjoy Spike episodes (Yes, even OWTEW) so this was no exception, and I am glad the little guy is finally getting the attention he deserves, after getting next to nothing in season 2, he deserves it.
    Last edited by Charoshi; 30th December 2012 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Grammar is my friend
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Quote Originally Posted by Charoshi View Post
    Good episode. Would have liked more Twilight/Spike interaction, but the ending definitely filled that quota <3

Pinkie's few lines in this episode had me in hysterics. I'm also glad all the mane characters had some screentime in this episode. Good thing they threw in that sparity moment too, it might stop the spikejack shippers from going wild

Definitely not my favourite of the season, but I enjoy Spike episodes (Yes, even OWTEW) so this was no exception, and I am glad the little guy is finally getting the attention he deserves, after getting next to nothing in season 2, he deserves it.
    Personally, I like season 2 much more than the others. Twilight's episodes were great, I really enjoyed the Sisterhooves Social, it was nice to see Applejack trolling Celestia at the end of the Apple Cider episode, and the mushy talk in Hearts and Hooves Day was even making me genuinely sick. It was all going so great, and then it started going sour and more fanservice-like in Season 3 instead of just sticking the foot in and making the best effort to make the episodes great without being a copycat. As far as I see, Season 2 is the high point for the current series, and it looks like it's going to be pretty hard for the writers to jump that bar.

Personally, I like season 2 much more than the others. Twilight's episodes were great, I really enjoyed the Sisterhooves Social, it was nice to see Applejack trolling Celestia at the end of the Apple Cider episode, and the mushy talk in Hearts and Hooves Day was even making me genuinely sick. It was all going so great, and then it started going sour and more fanservice-like in Season 3 instead of just sticking the foot in and making the best effort to make the episodes great without being a copycat. As far as I see, Season 2 is the high point for the current series, and it looks like it's going to be pretty hard for the writers to jump that bar.
    To be honest, there has been a lot of episodes in S3 that seem to be fan-servicy (Trixie return), but Megan McCarthy stated (this is coming from EQD) that a lot of those episodes had already been planned out before the fans began asking for things like that. And on a personal note, I think S3 is shaping up to be just as good as S2. The ultimate bar has to go to the S2 finale though.

Herein lies a great story of love, friendship, betryal,........and generally all the other good stuff a story needs :http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ul-A-Pearlship

then it started going sour and more fanservice-like in Season 3.
    I don't think so. Even if there are some shout outs, they last, what, a few seconds and it's nice to tip your hat at your viewers every now and then. Heck, even without the fan-following, Trixie would've returned some time had the gotten new story ideas for her.

Season 2 was great though but Season 3 being bad for fan service? Nah, that alone's not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    I don't think so. Even if there are some shout outs, they last, what, a few seconds and it's nice to tip your hat at your viewers every now and then. Heck, even without the fan-following, Trixie would've returned some time had the gotten new story ideas for her.

Season 2 was great though but Season 3 being bad for fan service? Nah, that alone's not enough.
    I'm not a big fan of fanservice, okay. Most of the time, whenever I try to make a team for VGCs with only the opponent's teams in mind, it always falls flat on its place. It also worries me (in a similar fashion as Twilight in "Lesson Zero" or "A Bird in the Hoof") with ideas of the writers choosing to only doing things that cater to the popular audience in the future. I'm scared that it could take the same horrible approach as the Pokemon anime (I'm sorry, but a majority-child audience is NOT a viable excuse for bad writing, overly-recycled plots, and extreme, negative Flanderization). Established standards just freak me out, which is why I was so happy with Friendship is Magic. The show doesn't simply copy a certain episode formula verbatim or make their shout-outs obvious like the ones in Family Guy. There is always a good amount of subtlety in their work, and there's perfect harmony between the real-life logic and cartoon-land, reality-bending craziness that takes place. I just don't want the show to fall into the same death trap/hole as shows like Spongebob or Pokemon or the second half of Naruto.

I could almost swear that I'm getting as paranoid as Twilight right now.

I enjoy season 2 as well, more than season 1, but I found a lot of season 2 to be hit or miss. I liked every single episode, but some episodes I liked a little less so. Season 1 was very status quo for me, not nearly as hit or miss as season 2. As for season 3, I haven't really been disappointed yet by an episode, even if I just liked the last 2 (AJ is my least favourite of the main characters, but I still love her.)

My favourite thing about season 3 so far, is that Spike is getting a chance to get screen time. My biggest complaint about season 2 was after hearth's warming eve, his role really diminished, outside of It's About Time and Dragon Quest, he didn't really play any huge roles in episodes.
    SoulSilver BQ

...When Season 4 comes out, do you think an episode will be made where the Mane 6 visits RD's house for a day? I really want to see what the place looks like outside of her bedroom. I bet she keeps a whole bunch of personal, super-girly stuff in a secret section of her house. It would be so weird if a shrine to her friends (Fluttershy in particular) was kept in her house, too.

I'm not a big fan of fanservice, okay. Most of the time, whenever I try to make a team for VGCs with only the opponent's teams in mind, it always falls flat on its place. It also worries me (in a similar fashion as Twilight in "Lesson Zero" or "A Bird in the Hoof") with ideas of the writers choosing to only doing things that cater to the popular audience in the future. I'm scared that it could take the same horrible approach as the Pokemon anime (I'm sorry, but a majority-child audience is NOT a viable excuse for bad writing, overly-recycled plots, and extreme, negative Flanderization). Established standards just freak me out, which is why I was so happy with Friendship is Magic. The show doesn't simply copy a certain episode formula verbatim or make their shout-outs obvious like the ones in Family Guy. There is always a good amount of subtlety in their work, and there's perfect harmony between the real-life logic and cartoon-land, reality-bending craziness that takes place. I just don't want the show to fall into the same death trap/hole as shows like Spongebob or Pokemon or the second half of Naruto.

I could almost swear that I'm getting as paranoid as Twilight right now.
    Oh believe me, I know the fear and uncertainty you feel. But still, we don't know what the future with hold and we can't prevent it be it good or bad so... yeah. Hopefully, the show concludes at a good point in the show.

Still I wouldn't call it "pandering" in the negative sense of the word.

...When Season 4 comes out, do you think an episode will be made where the Mane 6 visits RD's house for a day? I really want to see what the place looks like outside of her bedroom. I bet she keeps a whole bunch of personal, super-girly stuff in a secret section of her house. It would be so weird if a shrine to her friends (Fluttershy in particular) was kept in her house, too.
    Rainbow's house is made of clouds, the only way they all can visit her is if Twilight uses the cloud walking spell. Besides, she probably doesn't stay at home that much.

Rainbow's house is made of clouds, the only way they all can visit her is if Twilight uses the cloud walking spell. Besides, she probably doesn't stay at home that much.
    ...That still doesn't answer my question, but the constant absence does make sense. Does Fluttershy even visit her house? It's just one big mystery to me what she keeps in there.

...That still doesn't answer my question, but the constant absence does make sense. Does Fluttershy even visit her house? It's just one big mystery to me what she keeps in there.
    I'd think she would be more likely to have a weight room than a shrine in her house. It's the only thing I can imagine for a tomboyish girl like herself.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by WildHennaCharizard View Post
    Cuteness induced coma now in effect for unspecified amount of time.

I bring finale news for those that are interested.

Spoiler:- Finale News:

Maybe we might still get a Rarity episode after all
    SoulSilver BQ

Page 95 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast