Page 106 of 141 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 3503

Thread: My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic - Lets go to 2 : Electric Scootaloo!

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    You are allowed, female fans are usually called Pegasisters

EDIT: Also, which celebrities do you think are Bronies? I think Peter Gabriel is one.
    Most female viewers prefer to be called a Brony, not Pegasister. A lot hate that name.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

So people actually make fun of people who love and tolerate?
    That's just another thing I can't understand: why haters are so damn adamant on... well... hating a particular fandom that is so polite, so generously patient and brings what society needs in the form of forgiveness, likeness and overall happiness. I find it impossible to dislike that... even though I wouldn't call myself an outright FAN of MLP. I just can't fathom it...
    I used to care but now I'm pretty much just bored and heavily attracted to Jeff Clement.

Tumblr!: http://rubyhaireddemon.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by VS View Post
    So people actually make fun of people who love and tolerate?

Also, don't feed the haters, I couldn't resist though....
    I'm not actually hating the sig is just a joke I'm just wondering because I don't know how the whole phase started to begin with.
    My Y Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Akriloth View Post
    I'm not actually hating the sig is just a joke
    You know, not everyone shares your sense of humor.

I'm not actually hating the sig is just a joke I'm just wondering because I don't know how the whole phase started to begin with.
    The fandom actually started because of a person complaining about the show. If I remember the story accurately, there was someone on 4chan who made a review of the show when it first came out. They said it was really badly made and even encouraged people to go and watch it to prove their point, which some people actually did. These people thought that it was really good in their opinion, and they then started to spread it around to whoever would listen. That's pretty much how the community began.

I have to be honest, I came across the first episode by pure chance in the related one day on YouTube. I was entirely bored at that point after completing four hours of homework, so I decided that I might as well (dumb reason, I know). I enjoyed it with its simple charm and stuff, how it blended together well, and everything was beautiful. I didn't exactly come out for a while until I found out that I wasn't the only one who took a liking to the thing. I finally told my parents, who understood me really well, and I even talked about it freely with anyone else interested at my school. Honestly, if I hadn't been bored like that, I probably wouldn't be a Brony, and I might even be a hater at this point. I guess it's just the chance of fate that makes all the difference.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

I learned about FiM through Serebii. Half of the people I saw we're going around with pony stuff in their sigs, and I wondered what the big deal was, so I watched an episode. I enjoyed it and watched a few more, and you get where I'm going. I was on the edge of becoming a hater before I watched it, so if I hadn't I probably would have a totally opposite opinion of the show right now.

@Jesspikapal thanks about the banner my friend Shade2000 made it. I'm female, and I prefer to be called a Pegasister but I really don't mind. Sometimes I feel a bit awkward when there's only male bronies around too.
    3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    X IGN: Sqeen
    OR IGN: Terra

So it's not horribly childish like Dora the Explorer or anything like that? Because based off of all the commercials I saw when I was 10 (so long ago...) it always seemed like that.
    My Y Team:

So it's not horribly childish like Dora the Explorer or anything like that? Because based off of all the commercials I saw when I was 10 (so long ago...) it always seemed like that.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, you're 20 now. So the commercials you saw when you were 10 were probably (could be wrong..................) related to the previous iterations of MLP, which were rather boring and childish, in my opinion of course. I'm sure someone will quote this and say I am wrong.

MLP: FiM has a similar sense of humor as Foster's Home, not exactly THE same but it does relate in that the characters are likeable, clever, and the writing isn't dumbed down for kids. In other words, it has the same charm.

Not everyone will like it. That's fine and to be expected. But it does get old when people continue to bash the show and viewers, especially those who haven't even bothered watching it :/
    If you want to fight me on Smash Bros or race me on Mario Kart 8 send me a PM or VM.

Yes, those were the first to third generations but the fourth is surprising different. You honestly have to see it to believe it. You can watch a few episodes in a random order (though it helps to watch the first two episodes to know how it begins).

(chuckling alertly) Count me among those who didn’t even realize that this franchise (still) existed until I caught it myself. Perhaps to add to this, it seems quite probable, in hindsight, that there was no way I could’ve been able to devise a comprehensive opinion, either positive or negative, for these ponies, judging from my activities in the past decade. For my part, I now consider it my gold standard for television programs of its kind out there, and the rest of you can give Lucky Star in specific and anime in general for being the first major factor to point yours truly to it. Others ended up joining in soon enough.:

National Public Radio: Peter Sagal and Carl Kasell: Bill Clinton Plays Not My Job
    deviantART: Chano-kun: First Brony

The transcript could speak for itself, as the previous one did.:

Peter Sagal: All right, we have invited you here to play a game we’re calling—
    Carl Kesall: Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Twilight Sparkle.
    Sagal: So, you’re a former President, you’re a Rhodes Scholar, you’re famously well-informed. What could we be sure that an accomplished person like you would know nothing about? And then the answer came to us: the TV show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. (obligatory applause soundbite) Answer 3 questions— answer 2 out of 3 questions about the wonderful world of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and you win our prize for one of the listeners, Carl’s voice on their home answering phone. Carl, who is President Clinton paying for?
    Kasell: The President is playing for Dave Parks of Chico, California.
    Sagal: All right.
    Clinton: Poor Dave.
    Sagal: Poor Dave.

I’m certain that the following question, or something like it, had to have been buzzing in the minds of many a National Public Radio listener: “Why on Earth would the 42nd President of the United States be commenting on something as girlish as My Little Pony?”. My shock came from realizing just how neatly it brought everything I believed, did, and learned in the past 11 years together in harmony, and I’m just as certain, if not even more so, that Hasbro has completely rewritten whatever rulebook there is out there about kid-friendly cartoons with this masterpiece. Talk about putting big things into small packages.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesspikapal View Post
    That's just another thing I can't understand: why haters are so damn adamant on... well... hating a particular fandom that is so polite, so generously patient and brings what society needs in the form of forgiveness, likeness and overall happiness. I find it impossible to dislike that... even though I wouldn't call myself an outright FAN of MLP. I just can't fathom it...
    "Tell me, what kind of freaks are that polite?" -from Weird Al Yankovic's "Canadian Idiot."

In all seriousness, you've got me on that one. Guess people just think they're being "cool" by bashing. I dunno.
    Honestly, I was skeptical when I first heard about the show, but one day I was really bored and decided to give the show a chance. Now I freaking love it. It's well put together, and it shows.
    Nintendo Network ID: MetalVictini

Now I want to give it a try... where can I watch?
    My Y Team:

Now I want to give it a try... where can I watch?
    try youtube or netflix.
    anywho finally got the nerve to post on this thread after lurking it for some time, lol

Netlflix has em? Nice I have a Netflix sub
    My Y Team:

Netlflix has em? Nice I have a Netflix sub
    I'd say watch Episodes 1 and 2. Though they're not the best, they're only the tippy top of the iceberg so keep that in mind. Plus, from there you can watch the episodes in any order.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    I'd say watch Episodes 1 and 2. Though they're not the best, they're only the tippy top of the iceberg so keep that in mind. Plus, from there you can watch the episodes in any order.
    And if you're one of those "Exposition! Exposition! Rush it out A.S.A.P!" type of people, I would suggest "Feeling Pinkie Keen".

I must say, I watched episodes 1 and 2 last night, and I can see the appeal. I don't love it, but I think it's a cute show.
    My Y Team:

I must say, I watched episodes 1 and 2 last night, and I can see the appeal. I don't love it, but I think it's a cute show.
    Give it a few more episode like Feeling Pinkie Keen, Look Before You Sleep, and Bridle Gossip. It may grow on you.

Am I the only one who's gonna recommend some of the newer episodes, like "Sleepless in Ponyville", "One Bad Apple", and "Keep Calm and Flutter On"? They were very decent in my opinion, and really helped me out with my study... so people watching for enjoyment, I feel would probably find them even more fun than I did to watch. (:
    I used to care but now I'm pretty much just bored and heavily attracted to Jeff Clement.

I think Too Many Pinkie Pies is a good episode for people who don't like the show to watch.

So Jesspikapal, what exactly are you studying FiM for?
    3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    X IGN: Sqeen
    OR IGN: Terra

I think Too Many Pinkie Pies is a good episode for people who don't like the show to watch.
    That episode, for me, was quite entertaining, but Pinkie occasionally gets under my skin with her hyper-ness (it's very similar to a friend I have in real life - he's the best friend you could ask for, but it still gets annoying sometimes) so that many was also a little painful for me. XD

So Jesspikapal, what exactly are you studying FiM for?

I was initially interested in how bronies came to exist as such a tight, strong community, but now it is more interest about the characters in general - Rainbow Dash in particular intrigues me, closely followed by Apple Jack. I also like how the community seem to manipulate Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie in quite twisted ways (I've read and seen all sorts), and it just interested me. Not to mention the brony community in general, and also to see how awkward it was for girls on occasion, being surrounded by so many fellow male viewers. The study is based on everything, from MLP:FiM itself, to the episodes, to the art structure, to the overall appeal.

@Jesspikapial I remember when I went to the BronyCon 2012 in the Meadowlands (there were people from Greece there, no joke), there was a panel for a presentation on the psychology of bronies/pegasisters from full-fledged psychologists. It was quite interesting.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Looks like the end of the road for everyone's favorite Fighting Game.

The bad news just keeps rolling in doesn't it?

I mean seriously, this was in production forever. And they pull this when it's almost done?

To think Hasbro used to be tolerant of all this fanwork. It's time the bronies stage a hostile takeover of the company.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Page 106 of 141 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast