Page 112 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 3478

Thread: My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic - Lets go to 2 : Electric Scootaloo!

Quote Originally Posted by Thecatteam View Post
    She appears once early on in Ponyville while Twilight is singing the first song, standing static on a bridge.
    The second time (winking) is just after Twilight makes her speech and turns inside to talk to Shining Armor. She's in the bottom left corner behind some other ponies.
    The third time is during the final song, when the mane six are trotting in a line together. She's at the edge of the crowd at the right of the screen.
    Even as a background pony, she stands out the most.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    Even as a background pony, she stands out the most.
    Are you really surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    This.

Twilight seemed ... concerned about her ability to preform as a Princess. That'll probably be addressed over the course of the series, but I can see some immediate problem/emergency cropping up that sends her into doubt.

That got me thinking ... what is the worst episode?

I didn't think that this episode was terrible. I'd watch it again for sure, but there's some episodes I've watched only once ...
    By FAR, the worst episode is either The Mysterious Mare Do Well or Owls Well That Ends Well.
    Shinies up for trade:
    Shinies I want:

Tumblr: chrisyoung125.tumblr.com
    Black 2 Friend Code: 3998-5341-7339

Quote Originally Posted by sdg657 View Post
    Owls Well That Ends Well.
    Now that I never say controversy for.

Okay, so I rewatched "Magical Mystery Cure", and to be honest, it was actually not that bad. There some very enjoyable moments, and after I got over the Alicorn rage, I was able to really tolerate it. It's worth a rewatch or two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJnWo5Jx7W8
    3DS Friend Code: 2363-6123-7178

"It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death."
    — Major Motoko Kusanagi, Ghost in the Shell

Banner by: Skiyomi
    Chapters created so far: 9
    The link is in th picture. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by sdg657 View Post
    By FAR, the worst episode is either The Mysterious Mare Do Well or Owls Well That Ends Well.
    I don't understand why people outright hate this episode, I mean yeah, I didn't really like how the rest of the Mane 6 tried to keep Rainbow's ego in the most passive aggressive way possible, but the action sort of made up for it. It's not that great but not that bad either.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I don't understand why people outright hate this episode, I mean yeah, I didn't really like how the rest of the Mane 6 tried to keep Rainbow's ego in the most passive aggressive way possible, but the action sort of made up for it. It's not that great but not that bad either.
    I made a journal about it to address its controversy: http://matt0044.deviantart.com/journ...Well-346658554 I'd appreciate if you read it all though it'd kinda lengthy...

after I got over the Alicorn rage
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k35aKeaKco

Honestly, I don't mind the show showcasing merchandise so long as the story they're in is good, even if it's blatant in certain places. Gundam (UC mostly) shows that it's certainly possible.
    Last edited by matt0044; 19th February 2013 at 12:33 AM.

Frankly, I agree. Although I was in despair that Twilight was to become an alicorn, I still enjoyed the episode. It had some new songs that were nice, a decent plot (lulz, I'm so immature), and just blended together in the end in the best way it could.

I actually liked Mare Do Well.

To me ... I knew I wasn't going to like Apple Family Reunion the moment it was announced. Applejack is my least favorite lead so I was hoping that something would happen here to make me change my mind. It didn't. Applejack was mediocre and proved she could only work when she had the other girls to bounce off of.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    I actually liked Mare Do Well.

To me ... I knew I wasn't going to like Apple Family Reunion the moment it was announced. Applejack is my least favorite lead so I was hoping that something would happen here to make me change my mind. It didn't. Applejack was mediocre and proved she could only work when she had the other girls to bounce off of.
    Personally, I didn't like Spike at Your Service. If it were up to me, I would've had Spike go to Applejack's barn for the weekend simply because he had nothing better to do with Twilight being busy with studying, not because Applejack saved his life, especially after his life was saved at least 3 other times. During the weekend stay, Spike actually proves himself to be a big help to the barn, but eventually, Applejack gets annoyed by Spike's presence because he's being too big a help. Things get worse when he single-handedly performs even the most mundane tasks, and the last straw snaps when Spike tries to do something that Applejack would obviously be able to do better. I'm not sure how to fit the whole "Timberwolves" thing at the end into the story, though.

The moral: It's hard to sit idly by while your friends are struggling to do something important. Sometimes, the tasks they have are seemingly impossible for them to accomplish on their own, but at times, there may be tasks where their way of doing things is the right way to do it. Sometimes, you just have to be able to trust your own friend's judgements, even if you think that they're a little bit off.

Not sure if the moral can really count as a decent friendship lesson, but anyway, these are the changes I would've made to "Spike at Your Service".

^ Yeah, I'd probably say that Spike at your Service was my least favourite as well. It was just such a cliched cartoon plot to me that I had seen before, and Spike both being ridiculously loyal in terms of the 'you saved my life' bit and being a total failure at regular tasks seemed out of character. I think something along the lines of what you wrote (about Spike's problem being not that he's bad at helping, but trying to be too much help) would have been better as it would have been more in character for him. I'm also sad that the episode ended with the predictable 'Spike saves Applejack' ending, it would be nice to see it end differently to just the deal becoming even, as again, it's in every episode of that type, and suggests that the only way to pay somebody back is to do the exact same thing you did for them - a bit of a weird message.

I'm actually okay with the whole 'Twilight is an Alicorn' thing. True, I think the episode was rushed (in that the main conflict was over literally halfway through) but I'm hoping that in future episodes, we can see more into it, such as why specifically she became one and now what she has to do. It may disrupt the balance of 2 per pony type, but it's not too much of a big deal. What I'm hoping doesn't happen is that it ends up being temporary (there's no indication right now that it might, in fact it looks more like it will be permanent, so it would feel shoehorned just to turn her back now) and that she will have to leave her friends (considering she was given the transformation because of said friendships, it would be a bit silly to take them away from her). I quite like it, actually, as she still seems to be the same pony, just with added wings, and I think some interesting story lines may come out of it.

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

I thought it was kind of insensitive how Twilight was too enthralled with studying to realize that her friends had a problem. That was also around the time we got our first legitimate hints about Twilicorn so it kind of left a bad taste for things that could possibly come. Still, there were parts of the episode I really liked even if the premise was weak. The Rescue scene. The others casually giving advice to Applejack. Twilight eventually coming back to reality. Their ruse was really cute. It was kind of like The Last Roundup to me. The premise and payoff were both terrible, but the journey was pretty fun.

And yeah. I wanted to see Twilight missing Spike instead of proving she didn't need him.

I never really got "The Last Roundup"'s bad rep. Maybe my critical eye isn't as sharp as everyone else's but I don't see it as awful. Not that one can't dislike it but still...

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    I never really got "The Last Roundup"'s bad rep. Maybe my critical eye isn't as sharp as everyone else's but I don't see it as awful. Not that one can't dislike it but still...
    Same here. Perhaps it is because of Derpy~s appearance, ergo the many haters on her complaining to Hasbro.

Same here. Perhaps it is because of Derpy~s appearance, ergo the many haters on her complaining to Hasbro.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f7bJggCNmY

This is what we have the internet for. All of their mistakes, both big and small, will forever remain for everyone to see.

...Oh, you said haters complaining...wasn't it just maybe a dozen people complaining about it via e-mail that caused the swap?

And if it's because AJ was "OOC" it's not hard to see how the pressure affected her and I like it when some of the Mane 6's actions don't really correspond with their element. It makes them seem more three dimensional and human (as human as ponies can get).

And if it's because AJ was "OOC" it's not hard to see how the pressure affected her and I like it when some of the Mane 6's actions don't really correspond with their element. It makes them seem more three dimensional and human (as human as ponies can get).
    Yeah, I quite liked the ep, and they seemed as you said, human. Nt like Mysterious Mare Do Well (which Is till liked, mind you), where everyone had basically, well, become "your friendly neighbourhood ahero Rip-off No592".

On another note, I liked Read it and Weep. Anybody else who did?

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi_Muffin View Post
    and that she will have to leave her friends (considering she was given the transformation because of said friendships, it would be a bit silly to take them away from her). I quite like it, actually, as she still seems to be the same pony, just with added wings, and I think some interesting story lines may come out of it.
    Don't worry about that, if the ending is any indication, Twilight is very much against leaving her friends out of this whole "princess" thing. I'm more worried about what Twilight and her friends are actually going to be doing now than I am about certain characters being left out.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Don't worry about that, if the ending is any indication, Twilight is very much against leaving her friends out of this whole "princess" thing. I'm more worried about what Twilight and her friends are actually going to be doing now than I am about certain characters being left out.
    It'll be a surprise for sure.

It'll be a surprise for sure.

And that's what I don't like about how the end of the episode was handled, that we're just going to have to keeping waiting to see how this plays out. It could go either way at this point, and I think a lot of bronies won't be too happy trying to wait and see if it'll turn out all right.

And that's what I don't like about how the end of the episode was handled, that we're just going to have to keeping waiting to see how this plays out. It could go either way at this point, and I think a lot of bronies won't be too happy trying to wait and see if it'll turn out all right.
    The wait can be maddening but I'm sure it'll be worth it. Question is... will it be good or bad. After all...

As you can tell, I'm can be quite an optimistic when I need to be.
    Last edited by matt0044; 21st February 2013 at 12:29 AM.

The wait can be maddening but I'm sure it'll be worth it. Question is... will it be good or bad. After all...

As you can tell, I'm can be quite an optimistic when I need to be.
    Suprise, ah one of the best Thomas songs...now i feel three again...
    and a somewhat urge to watch a episode or two ._.

on a very random note, i noticed how it seems they are getting better at not messing up frames, as ive seen a lot less obvious mistakes this season....either that or i suck at seeing stuff. (most likely both to be honest, lol)

Equestria Daily: Sethisto: Pokemon Re-enacted by Ponies
    Equestria Daily: Sethisto: Explore Ponyville

Hehe. Anypony up for a reenactment? If I opined that “Read It and Weep” represented bronies’ initial embarrassment over enjoying this cartoon while Discord represented My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic haters actively attacking the concept of friendship until they realized how hurtful it was, then perhaps my own orientations about this cartoon will safely work out.:

Twilight: You were right when you said Fluttershy would be the one to find a way to reform Discord. By treating him as a friend, she got him to realize that friendship was actually important to him, and something that once he had, he didn’t want to lose.
    Fluttershy: Go on. Say it.
    Discord: Oh, all right. Friendship is magic.

Between this and my background, I would venture a guess that Discord will have quite a journey ahead of him, and the flashbacks running through my mind during that new game will prove no less informative. I can only wonder how many additional examples of real-life reference points I’ll end up finding once the fourth season arrives.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    Suprise, ah one of the best Thomas songs...now i feel three again...
    on a very random note, i noticed how it seems they are getting better at not messing up frames, as ive seen a lot less obvious mistakes this season....either that or i suck at seeing stuff. (most likely both to be honest, lol)
    Actually, in "Magical Mystery Cure," the first time we see Rainbow Dash, her cutie mark is still her usual lightning bolt. You can see it when she flies past a caged animal at one point.
    I noticed it when that scene was a teaser video... I'm usually not too good at it either, but still.

Pokemon White friend code: 0648 2224 4895
    Pokemon White 2 friend code: 1550 3078 1849

"One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties.
    Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
    Goodbye Susan. Goodbye my dear."
    -The First Doctor

I know its not in season 3, but in The Cutie Mark Chronicles, when filly Pinkie is throwing the party for her family, she has her cutie mark briefly before she actually gets it. Also (I'm not sure what episode it's in) Fluttershy has Twilight's cutie mark when she crashes into a wall.

Has anyone else noticed that Spitfire's cutie mark has changed?
    SIGNATURE? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT

3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    Ground FS: Camerupt, Phanpy and Diggersby. If you want to add me, VM me and tell me what's in your FS.

Page 112 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast