Page 117 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 3482

Thread: My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic - Lets go to 2 : Electric Scootaloo!

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Or maybe he's making mayhem under Celestia's radar.
    That's pretty much what I'm thinking, Celestia's probably using him for some ulterior motive of her own like she does with Twilight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    That's pretty much what I'm thinking, Celestia's probably using him for some ulterior motive of her own like she does with Twilight.
    Well, there are likely a lot of enemies conspiring against Canterlot like the Changelings.

TV Tropes has this food for thought:

Here's a bit of meta-fridge brilliance. This episode was a very divisive one; some fans loved the idea of Discord being redeemed and others hated it, some fans felt the episode felt rushed, it has contradicted a lot of fanfics and fanworks, and a few have even declared Ruined Forever. In other words, by turning to the side of good Discord has created chaos. Discord, you Magnificent Bastard.

Another meta-fridge brilliant moment: Discord sees the ponies as nothing more than cheap playthings. But by the end of the episode, he's forced to admit that "Friendship is Magic." Now imagine all those people watching the show who started out thinking that My Little Pony was just a dumb show built around a line of girls' toys...
    And I wouldn't say Discord's "reformed" so much as he's not aiming to control the world with chaos anymore.

Well, there are likely a lot of enemies conspiring against Canterlot like the Changelings.
    Oh, I'm pretty sure they're next if we ever see them again.

And I wouldn't say Discord's "reformed" so much as he's not aiming to control the world with chaos anymore.
    That's pretty much the same thing.

Ugh it looks like one of their anime themes .-.
    i think i'll rewatch all of the episodes in japanese.

Strangely enough the ending credits feature the American Voice actors. I'm not kidding, look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkhPvyGjCnY

Wut?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6u37ev9ktI
    Last edited by matt0044; 3rd April 2013 at 12:22 AM.

Spoiler:- Double Rainboom:

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
        Spoiler:- Double Rainboom:
        Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    I think this review paints a pretty good picture of "Double Rainboom."

Again, I prefer Snowdrop over Double Rainboom.

Yeah, this pretty much sums up my thoughts on it.

With Queen Chrysalis, it leads to a good in-universe reason as to the whole "Princess" thing: Why do Celestia and Luna insist on using the title "princess"? Because most of their worst enemies are ruled over by kings and queens, who only ever enforce the above stereotype in their dealings with Equestria. That or this sort of thing is just different in Equestria.

I know this is a few days late (I saw this one when it first aired), but has anyone seen this MAD skit:

I like this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I know this is a few days late (I saw this one when it first aired), but has anyone seen this MAD skit:

I like this one.
    It was all right, I guess, but then I got distracted and found a couple of extra comics, including Issue #5 of the FiM comic, which COMPLETELY overshadowed the MadTV presentation.

Frankly, I don't know what to make of it, seeing as though I don't usually watch the show (or much TV for that matter...), but it was amusing to a degree in my spectrum perception.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    Frankly, I don't know what to make of it, seeing as though I don't usually watch the show (or much TV for that matter...), but it was amusing to a degree in my spectrum perception.
    It's a parody of a Disney show called Crash and Bernstein. MAD does these weird crossover parodies all of the time. They're also the biggest bronies on television (unless you count the writers of the actual show), they've done several other MLP sketches before, one of which was also a direct shout out to bronies.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I like this one.
    Forgot to confirm I saw it the day you posted it.
    But that was pretty cool, oh and hi Phil, where have you been all my life?
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    oh and hi Phil, where have you been all my life?
    Who's Phil?

Who's Phil?
    From Rugrats, it's the same VA.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

You know, I just realized something. In a sense, you could say that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic follows the same pattern as the Paper Mario series up to the third game.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...o-Sticker-Star

If you saw the video in the link, you see what I'm saying, but if you haven't seen it or played the series, I'll explain it. Season 3 of FiM is kind of like Super Paper Mario in the sense that it is part of a famous series that has gotten a lot of notoriety and that, despite having the same charm and spark that made the series great to begin with, both SPM and FiM can be considered the weakest in their group and pale in comparison to their predecessors (The Thousand Year Door and the original game for the Paper Mario Series and Seasons 1 and 2 for the FiM series).

You know, I just realized something. In a sense, you could say that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic follows the same pattern as the Paper Mario series up to the third game.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...o-Sticker-Star

If you saw the video in the link, you see what I'm saying, but if you haven't seen it or played the series, I'll explain it. Season 3 of FiM is kind of like Super Paper Mario in the sense that it is part of a famous series that has gotten a lot of notoriety and that, despite having the same charm and spark that made the series great to begin with, both SPM and FiM can be considered the weakest in their group and pale in comparison to their predecessors (The Thousand Year Door and the original game for the Paper Mario Series and Seasons 1 and 2 for the FiM series).
    Even though many like season 3 despite the foibles they may have with it. I'd say it's less like Paper Mario's case and more like any other series with a fandom that disagrees about this or that.

You know, I just realized something about Cadence. I remember hearing before in one of DigibronyMLP's videos that when Faust was pitching ideas for the depiction of "Queen" Celestia, Hasbro wanted Celestia to be a pretty, pink Alicorn. I just realized that the invention of Cadence was Hasbro's desire coming to fruition.

Here's the video if you're interested.

You know, I just realized something about Cadence. I remember hearing before in one of DigibronyMLP's videos that when Faust was pitching ideas for the depiction of "Queen" Celestia, Hasbro wanted Celestia to be a pretty, pink Alicorn. I just realized that the invention of Cadence was Hasbro's desire coming to fruition.

Here's the video if you're interested.
    That didn't stop them from making Celestia a pretty, pink alicorn in toy form.

Speaking of toys, for all people are saying that alicorn Twilight is a "merchandising gimmick", anyone else find it odd that there aren't any alicorn Twilight toys?

Speaking of toys, for all people are saying that alicorn Twilight is a "merchandising gimmick", anyone else find it odd that there aren't any alicorn Twilight toys?
    Any time someone doesn't like something, it becomes a cheap gimmick. It's always been hinted that Twilight would become a princess at some point. You could argue that the transformation was poorly executed, or that you simply don't like the idea. However, it has always been more than merchandising.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Plus, a lot of toys sold aren't featured in the show.

Page 117 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast