Page 113 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 3503

Thread: My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic - Lets go to 2 : Electric Scootaloo!

Why would Twilight be granted Alicorn-hood simply by completing an ancient spell? Because, if you think about it, Star Swirl's spell switches ponies' places in life, e.g., it makes them understand each other, something that would be paramount in a world where friendship is so heavily relevant. It's rather fascinating to think about.
    Celestia tells Twilight that her knowledge of friendship was what allowed her to complete Star Swirl's spell. Recalling what Twilight was like in the very beginning, it appears that Star Swirl was the type of pony Twilight would have become without the influence of her friends: an accomplished unicorn with massive magical talent, but lacking the understanding that 'friendship is magic' and all that came with it. Perhaps she would have been content with her books and original conviction that she didn't 'need' friends.
    The very first song we were introduced to in this season was Twilight singing about that, despite her copious and clear talents, she isn't prepared for the duty ahead of her. And then the very last song in the third season we hear is how everything is going to be fine. It seems practically as though the last episode was basically an answer to the first. No, Twilight was certainly not prepared for the responsibility that was suddenly thrust upon her...but just like in real life, just because you aren't prepared for something that lands in your lap, it doesn't mean you don't have the talents to make it through with flying colors anyway. It's more like a Fridge Heartwarming, a way of saying "just because something huge and unexpected gets put on your shoulders, it doesn't mean you can't make it work"...which could also apply to the show itself! "No, you fans weren't prepared for this big change, but you know we're talented and we can make it happen." Frankly, an awesome message in my opinion!
    Pearls of wisdom straight from TV Tropes.
    Last edited by matt0044; 21st February 2013 at 5:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponymon View Post
    I know its not in season 3, but in The Cutie Mark Chronicles, when filly Pinkie is throwing the party for her family, she has her cutie mark briefly before she actually gets it. Also (I'm not sure what episode it's in) Fluttershy has Twilight's cutie mark when she crashes into a wall.

Has anyone else noticed that Spitfire's cutie mark has changed?
    That episode (for Fluttershy) is Games That Ponies Play (or whatever it's called, the recent one).

Or perhaps she's got a Changeling in her place with a minor mismatch. This would be an awesome plot for an episode.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    Or perhaps she's got a Changeling in her place with a minor mismatch. This would be an awesome plot for an episode.
    Yeah sorta like "The Thing."

Here's something for Scissor Sisters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxkgD7CX0TQ
    Last edited by matt0044; 22nd February 2013 at 4:05 AM.

Equestria Daily: Calpain: Happy Birthday Nicole Oliver!
    Equestria Daily: Calpain: Hub Reports High Finale Viewership!

The pictures are as striking to behold as today’s commemoration, and my spirits about the brony community remain high. The Littlest Pet Shop gags make me chuckle, so the Hub may have likely struck gold. I’ll let the numbers speak for themselves.:

• Kids 2-11: 136% outperformance of Nicktoons and 240% outperformance of Teen Nick
    • 111% year-to-year delivery gains among kids 2-11, 177% among girls 6-11, and 216% among women 18-49
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic/Littlest Pet Shop Saturdays: 138% year-to-year delivery gains among kids 6-11, 40% among adults 18-49, and 36% among women 25-54
    • Network viewing: 39% of kids 2-11 watching the Hub with adult 18-49 vs. 25% watching Nickelodeon vs. 21% watching Cartoon Network

This could be quite the setup for my continued exploration of this franchise’s timeline, and as my knowledge grows, so could my certainty about the prospects surrounding Princesses Celestia and Twilight Sparkle.
    Last edited by ccangelopearl1362; 23rd February 2013 at 3:25 PM.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ccangelopearl1362 View Post
    The pictures are as striking to behold as today’s commemoration, and my spirits about the brony community remain high. The [i]Littlest Pet Shop[/url] gags make me chuckle, so the Hub may have likely struck gold. I’ll let the numbers speak for themselves.:

• Kids 2-11: 136% outperformance of Nicktoons and 240% outperformance of Teen Nick
    • 111% year-to-year delivery gains among kids 2-11, 177% among girls 6-11, and 216% among women 18-49
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic/Littlest Pet Shop Saturdays: 138% year-to-year delivery gains among kids 6-11, 40% among adults 18-49, and 36% among women 25-54
    • Network viewing: 39% of kids 2-11 watching the Hub with adult 18-49 vs. 25% watching Nickelodeon vs. 21% watching Cartoon Network

This could be quite the setup for my continued exploration of this franchise’s timeline, and as my knowledge grows, so could my certainty about the prospects surrounding Princesses Celestia and Twilight Sparkle.
    When you look at statistics like these, it leaves me to wonder if, seeing as though they'll probably be safe money-wise for a while, if Hasbro would become any lenient with the fan-work for the more popular ones, you know? It seems to make sense to me that they would allow it 'cause it would only promote the franchise in the long run, or perhaps I'm just thinking mad thoughts.

Say, has anyone seen this Youtube series called Equestria Inquirer? It's zany and crazy and gets good around episode 10 (Equestria Inquirer #10 - YouTube). For those who haven seen it, that is... Of course, absurdness and craziness isn't everyone's cup of joe so don't take it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Say, has anyone seen this Youtube series called Equestria Inquirer? It's zany and crazy and gets good around episode 10 (Equestria Inquirer #10 - YouTube). For those who haven seen it, that is... Of course, absurdness and craziness isn't everyone's cup of joe so don't take it seriously.
    That is hilarious. XD How did I not know about this sooner?
    Nintendo Network ID: MetalVictini

Yeah, I watch them all the time, they're hilarious.

They also post text editions on DA JSYK.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Yeah, I watch them all the time, they're hilarious.

They also post text editions on DA JSYK.
    I like TechRat the most.

So, who's seen SWAG.MOV? I'm going to watch it after dinner, just curious about other peoples' reactions.

So, who's seen SWAG.MOV? I'm going to watch it after dinner, just curious about other peoples' reactions.
    I have. It was pretty funny.

Lol, that was pretty good.

SAVE HERPY!
    NOTICE: Me posting in a thread DOES NOT always mean I want your FC. If I DO want your FC, I will ask for it.
    3DS FC 2878-9669-5722. Add me for MK7/New Leaf/Pokemon X/Y
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS
    Braixen///Frogadier - FS RE - Pokemon X - On Hold
    - MM - Pokemon X - On Hold
    - MM - Pokemon X - On Hold
    Zwellious/Druddigon - RE Victory Road - Pokemon X - On Hold

Friend Safari: Fairy with Kirlia, Jigglypuff and Clefairy.

You're not my mum or dad, therefore, you cannot tell me what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Lapras View Post
    Lol, that was pretty good.

SAVE HERPY!
    There are better ones than that, like "Cloudsdale Forced to Construct Handicap Entrance" or the "Cash For Evil Jewelry" bit they did after Magic Duel aired. Also, Ponycision 2012 was a nice running gag.

Oh, and there was one where Chrysalis was concerned about her appearance.

LTTMoose is just insane.

Anyone ever saw Sailor Moon? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5buDn0aHjY

No? How's about One Piece? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hif15r-Boyo
    Last edited by matt0044; 27th February 2013 at 6:39 PM.

LTTMoose is just insane.

Anyone ever saw Sailor Moon? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5buDn0aHjY

No? How's about One Piece? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hif15r-Boyo
    Yep, and Porygon + Sailor Moon = Cresselia

One Piece sends shivers down my spine. While it's usually good to watch, there's enough creepiness in it to make me stay away.

Equestria Daily: Sethisto: Anime Style Opening – When the Ponies Cry
    Equestria Daily: Calpain: Plushies to Appear in Japan

Speaking of ponified anime themes, I suppose that this had to happen. My mind was concentrated on this anime program… in October 2010, the exact time that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic premiered. I doubt most of you will have to guess what the impact would have been had I caught the ponies then rather than one year later. I’m certain that whoever has the contract for these plushies will have quite a few updates to consider for bronies in Japan, thereby expanding our reach.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

Where is that from [the audio] out of curiosity?

So what do you guys think about the new concept art of Equestria Girls? I'm still neutral about this whole show, and as I stated earlier this is a show that's likely to be ignored by me. But again it gets one chance with me.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Where is that from [the audio] out of curiosity?
    Nostalgia Critic's Top 11 Mindf**ks.

I like this guy. He really provides a lot of food for thought. http://www.youtube.com/user/DigibronyMLP/videos

Here's something to move to when you feel like dancing: Scissor Sisters vs. MLP: FiM - I Don't Feel Like Waitin' - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    So what do you guys think about the new concept art of Equestria Girls? I'm still neutral about this whole show, and as I stated earlier this is a show that's likely to be ignored by me. But again it gets one chance with me.
    Im probably not even going to watch it...not even the intro.
    Talking Rainbow Ponies is one thing, but talking rainbow pony-people hybrids is over the line.
    lol

thats one thing i wont love and tolerate

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    Im probably not even going to watch it...not even the intro.
    Talking Rainbow Ponies is one thing, but talking rainbow pony-people hybrids is over the line.
    lol
    Not even if others possibly insist that it's pretty dang good (hypothetically)? I mean, come on, a few years back, we would've said a similar thing about My Little Pony (like G4 approaching). Look at us now. Over the line or not, MLP taught me to give anything the benefit of the doubt and for EG, I will.

I think Equestria Girls is going to be good. I need my weekly craving of Pony, and this does the job for it.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Honestly, I'm not sure yet... We'll see when it starts.

Page 113 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast