Page 114 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 3474

Thread: My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic - Lets go to 2 : Electric Scootaloo!

Hmmm... Maybe I should be more clear as to what I meant.

Designs are horrendous (well Fluttershy is still somewhat passable)
    The show's idea was ripped right from a fanfic you can tell.
    This isn't for us, hence why I won't watch it.
    It exists for marketing purposes, and since Alicorn Twily sold well this will too.
    Can't tell which is worst Monster High or this. Got my cents out, off to bed for me.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

When will Equestria Girls premiere/come on?
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Hmmm... Maybe I should be more clear as to what I meant.

Designs are horrendous (well Fluttershy is still somewhat passable)
    The show's idea was ripped right from a fanfic you can tell.
    This isn't for us, hence why I won't watch it.
    It exists for marketing purposes, and since Alicorn Twily sold well this will too.
    Can't tell which is worst Monster High or this. Got my cents out, off to bed for me.
    I won't argue on the first two, but I'm still willing to give it a shot. I'm already watching a cartoon about ponies, so how much worse could it get? xD

Doesn't every kids show exist for marketing purposes?

What do you mean this isn't for us?

So what do you guys think about the new concept art of Equestria Girls? I'm still neutral about this whole show, and as I stated earlier this is a show that's likely to be ignored by me. But again it gets one chance with me.
    NEW concept art? I was not aware that they released more concept art for the series.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    When will Equestria Girls premiere/come on?
    We don't know. It hasn't even been confirmed yet, it's still just a rumor.

Equestria Girls looks so boring. I saw one video of it and I couldn't even last the minute. I'll admit that the designs are actually quite cute, but that was the only positive. I don't really support 99% of the fan-made stuff from MLP anyway. Even though I'll miss the weekly dose of Ponies, it only makes you more excited for when they'll bring out the next episodes. This little thing they're trying to make doesn't even seem to resemble MLP apart from in the obvious ways.

xxx

Where is the video preview of Equestria Girls? I wanna see it...
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    Where is the video preview of Equestria Girls? I wanna see it...
    Just go to YouTube and type in "Equestria Girls". It will be within the first few videos displayed. I think there's more than one video to see too.

xxx

I'm getting a bunch of fanmade stuf, and that song from like 2 years back. Is there a official promo or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I'm getting a bunch of fanmade stuf, and that song from like 2 years back. Is there a official promo or something?
    There's no promo because it's a rumor, but here's what people are referring to:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/0...med-rumor.html

Ehh... I'll see how it goes. I just find it a little odd to have a show called My Little 'Pony', about unicorns and pegasi and all that, but then make a spinoff about them being human. For me, humanising is okay as a 'what if' fanart, but I don't really like it when it goes further. The designs to me are okay - they do show the character's personalities but I do think they could be more different from each other. What little I know of the plot is a bit bland and excuse-ish (why exactly go to Earth?), but right now there's really too little of that available for me to make a true judgement. I just don't care, to be honest - it seems like a funny thing to do with the characters and seems to me like it's a cash in. If, after the show airs, it turns out to be good (at least on par with the rest of the show), I'll try it and see what I think, but right now, I won't see it.

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi_Muffin View Post
    Ehh... I'll see how it goes. I just find it a little odd to have a show called My Little 'Pony', about unicorns and pegasi and all that, but then make a spinoff about them being human.
    There's nothing really wrong with that in a spinoff, you can take some liberties in regards to the show's core essence in that case. I think as long as the show is still about friendship, it'll still be fine, it won't really be too big a difference in the grand scheme of things.

I know, but... it's not just the characters' forms that are changing. It's the entire setting and environment. By making the characters humans in a high school environment, the 'light fantasy' element of the setting is gone, making it more limited. In the end, I just think that it won't do them any favours - people who liked the original would be wondering 'why the change?', while with the toys, the girls they're aiming at won't be likely to like it because they know it's My Little Pony. It's not them being humans that's an issue - I'd be fine with it if it were a one-off spinoff two parter or whatever - it's just that going from 'multicoloured horses learning about friendship' to 'multicoloured high school girls learning about high school' is a big change, and one that I'm not sure will work as they are so different. Either they keep it similar, in which case they gain no new audience and it is kind of pointless, or they make it different to the original and risk losing their current audience.

I know, but... it's not just the characters' forms that are changing. It's the entire setting and environment. By making the characters humans in a high school environment, the 'light fantasy' element of the setting is gone, making it more limited. In the end, I just think that it won't do them any favours - people who liked the original would be wondering 'why the change?', while with the toys, the girls they're aiming at won't be likely to like it because they know it's My Little Pony. It's not them being humans that's an issue - I'd be fine with it if it were a one-off spinoff two parter or whatever - it's just that going from 'multicoloured horses learning about friendship' to 'multicoloured high school girls learning about high school' is a big change, and one that I'm not sure will work as they are so different. Either they keep it similar, in which case they gain no new audience and it is kind of pointless, or they make it different to the original and risk losing their current audience.
    They're doing this because Hasbro has nothing better to while Season 4 is being worked on. That and they want the extra $$$, like you said the change into humans isn't what bothers me, it's the overall setting and morals that are being made.

And who's to say they can't fit friendship into all of that? It's still not a big deal.

They probably can, but... again, either it ends up being similar to the original and covers friendship (because there aren't a huge number of friendship lessons they couldn't cover in the original show), or they do something different and therefore look at something else. The problem is that in the first, it's basically the same show but just in high school human form and therefore there's little point in the 'human' thing, whereas in the second, we have no idea how it will end up. Considering it's set in a high school, I'm a little nervous that they'll take the predictable route.

Look, as I said, I may be judging a bit early. My point was that it seemed like an odd thing for the show to do as turning a show about magic talking ponies into a high school based show with all that implies, humans or no humans, is not exactly the first choice people would make. I'll reserve most judgement until more information is released, it's just that I'm a little skeptical right now.

They're doing this because Hasbro has nothing better to while Season 4 is being worked on. That and they want the extra $$$, like you said the change into humans isn't what bothers me, it's the overall setting and morals that are being made.
    Well, at least we have Double Rainboom on the way. Only less than 3 weeks left.
    3DS Friend Code: 2363-6123-7178

"It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death."
    — Major Motoko Kusanagi, Ghost in the Shell

Chapters created so far: 9
    The link is in th picture. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Well, at least we have Double Rainboom on the way. Only less than 3 weeks left.
    SSSHHHHHHHHH! Don't jinx it, you fool!

On a lighter note:

So.... Who went down to LA Pegasus Unicon? And what did you think of it?

Well, I didn't get to, but I will probably be going to either the BronyCon or the Big Apple Con. I know that'll be a blast.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MZJEe-dzqk

This guy's pretty dang smart. Check out his other videos if this one piques your interest.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MZJEe-dzqk

This guy's pretty dang smart. Check out his other videos if this one piques your interest.
    I honestly sorta see the show like this. Whenever a certain scene comes up that's, well, girly in an aspect, I just pause the episode for a moment and go do something else, then come back to it afterwards. I don't know why, perhaps it's just to luild confidence to keep watching. Not that I don't like it, that is.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Though MMC was good for me, I personally would've ended with Twilight seeing that she's an Alicorn an cutting to credits. You know, to expand on the CM swap story more and REALLY hook people in for Season 4. The one flaw being the inevitable, agonizingly long wait for answers.

This rumor just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

Dat image....obviously photoshopped.
    lol

though if spike is a dog..it'd be hard for him to be in a school with twi, cause don't schools have a zero pet tollerancy?

Page 114 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast