Page 135 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 3503

Thread: My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic - Lets go to 2 : Electric Scootaloo!

For some reason, I can't help but feel that when Applejack's key episode comes up, it will have something to do with elections in Ponyville for the new mayor. Remember the episode "Setting a President" from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. I'm imagining that the episode would play out like that somewhat with Applejack running against Mayor Mare.

I would like something along the lines of Applejack having to resort to doing something unethical to prevent failure and having to live with that until she comes clean -- only to comically learn that the thing tearing her apart was not that big of a deal. Something like the balloon episode from Spongebob.

The Last Roundup would've been a great Key Episode for Applejack. Something like that.

As long as Applejack's Key Episode doesn't involve farming, or apples, or family I think I can tolerate it. I don't really expect it though since Dash and Rarity's keys involved a conflict in something they were usually good at. Fluttershy's takes her out of her comfort zone apparently, but that's a recurring theme for Fluttershy-centric episodes.

Spoiler:- Episode 11 Thoughts:
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Spoiler:

Well next up Weird Al's Episode! This is one I'm been waiting for , ever since its announcement.

Wait, so some of the mane 6 have already had their key episodes?

How, and in what capacity, did they receive them?
    And who so far has theirs?

No, seriously, I haven't noticed this happening at all.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Watch Rarity Takes Manehattan and Rainbow Falls to get the gist of what is happening.

Merchandise already spoiled what's in the box, so it's pretty easy to put two and two together.

It also looks like merchandise spoiled --
        Spoiler:

Just saw "Pinkie Pride" and it was great! Werid Al is top notch in it.
    On another note it just hit me that the rainbow each char sees before getting there key might be a nod to the (sonic)rainbow that led the main six to get their cutie marks.

Another meh episode I thought, Cheese Sandwich was basically a Pinkie clone (although given the ending, it makes sense), and I don't think the lesson was appropriate because Pinkie doesn't seem the type to let her pride get in the way of things (that's more fitting for a Rainbow Dash or Applejack episode).
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Yeah, I was pretty surprised this was a Key episode. Kills my theory about them.

This was a really enjoyable episode. I'd even say that it ranks up there as one of my favorites overall. I'm a sucker for musicals and the songs felt pretty natural here compared to Magical Mystery Cure or even last week's episode where the song felt forced. Pinkie opening and spending most of her day singing is totally in her character. I also like that Cheese Sandwich wasn't presented as a jerk like most of the rivals. Even though it's unlikely we'll ever see him again it seems like Cheese/Pie has already taken flight. I would certainly be open to seeing him again.

I guess as far as inevitable Rainbow Power goes it seems like the girls are connected on a magical level. Seems like they can sense when another in the group is distressed. That might be super-useful whenever they get around to fighting an actual villain.

I've never seen the series before. However, I have seen the Phoenix Wright MLP crossover.
    Jackpot!

I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

I now see how the main six are getting their keys. They get them as gifts from others.

Rainbow Dash got hers in the form of that medal.
    Rarity got hers in the form of of rainbow thread
        Spoiler:- for those who haven't seen the newest episode yet:
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Clip from "Simple ways" http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/0...uide.html#more it is a little racy for a kid's show...

The second Saturday in a row I'll miss the broadcast. I'll miss Filli Vanilli, too.

I don't think this one'll be too much of a loss, though. I didn't have high hopes for this episode pretty much from the beginning. The previews didn't really change my opinion. If it's a stealth Applejack Key episode I'll be shocked, but I'm not expecting it. It seems like Applejack is going to act outside of her element to throw off Trenderhoof so that might be it, but the previews seem to be focusing more on Rarity so I guess this is a Rarity episode.

We also got some more Equestria Games stuff. Looks like that might be the finale.

This epi was just meh. Some points I can't help thinking:
    Didn't Rarity learn anything from Blueblood?
    Friends acting like each other a la Spongebob's "Big pink loser" epi
    At least Spike was treated fairly and was the only one to talk to Rarity during her breakdown.

My opinion on this episode in three words

Full of win.

I'm not afraid to admit this, but I found today's episode a bit better than last weeks, actually.
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Is it me or does it seem like the slice of life episodes keep getting more boring as the series progresses? This episode wasn't bad, but for some reason I don't have as much enthusiasm for it as I did for the episodes earlier in the season. IDK what it is.

Generally, excitement for a season dies off as the season marches on. The same can be said for ratings which is why people shouldn't really be concerned with the ratings sliding week over week. Pinkie Pride was the second lowest watched show of the season despite very early promos and a celebrity guest, sure, but it was still the most watched show of the week on the Network by a large margin.

I didn't like the episode. It felt like 2-3 episodes worth of plot going on at the same time and they all just resolved themselves at the end for convenience. The romantic subplot pretty much went nowhere and will probably never be mentioned again. Then we'll have Applejack and Rarity's tense relationship. Finally there was the Ponyville Festival which ... didn't really feel like a Ponyville Festival more than a discount Canterlot Festival. I thought for sure someone was going to point that out but they didn't.

Looks like the games are coming this season http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/0...with.html#more

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Generally, excitement for a season dies off as the season marches on. The same can be said for ratings which is why people shouldn't really be concerned with the ratings sliding week over week. Pinkie Pride was the second lowest watched show of the season despite very early promos and a celebrity guest, sure, but it was still the most watched show of the week on the Network by a large margin.
    Yeah, but even in past seasons, I was able to at least mildly enjoy the episodes throughout the entire season. Now it's a bit different though, I've never been so bored with the series as I am now. I think the show might be getting a little repetitive.

Quote Originally Posted by WildHennaCharizard View Post
    Looks like the games are coming this season http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/0...with.html#more
    Who wants to bet that'll be the season finale?

Looks like it. Gotta get that hype train started early.

I wonder if we're going to see a breakdown of Rainbow Dash who's worked so hard to get everything absolutely perfect for the games only for it to be inevitably ruined by a Big Bad? By time the Games actually debut she'd be at it for over a Season.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Looks like it. Gotta get that hype train started early.

I wonder if we're going to see a breakdown of Rainbow Dash who's worked so hard to get everything absolutely perfect for the games only for it to be inevitably ruined by a Big Bad? By time the Games actually debut she'd be at it for over a Season.
    That would actually be awesome.

Did anyone hear about Michael Morones? I just read about him on EQD as I was catching up on all the posts I missed. I think someone needs to teach those bullies a lesson - and I think Iron Will is the best pony to do it.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

For the 10 people or so who had lingering doubts Equestria Girls 2 was officially announced today for a Fall 2014 release. Get ready for more of that cliche highschool flavor!

In slightly more exciting but still predictable other news the Breezy episode synopsis is also out.
        Spoiler:

EDIT: First Filli Vanilli Teaser's Out (oh boy, a spoilerific twist!)
        Spoiler:
    Last edited by An00bis; 14th February 2014 at 2:23 AM.

A friend from Tumblr did a video review and I'm helping to sorta promote him. It's amateurish in film quality but what he say isn't half bad.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Page 135 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139 ... LastLast