Page 137 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140 LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 3482

Thread: My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic - Lets go to 2 : Electric Scootaloo!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbeat View Post
    Sometimes too much fan service, in my experience at least, can really take you out of an episode. Most of it I was fine with, except for the very first scene. At first, I liked it a lot since it was a role reversal from Sonic Rainboom, and I was getting into the episode, but then the forced "yay" threw me out of it. Overall it was a solid episode. Loved Sea Breeze so much <3
    The word you're looking for is fan pandering, not fanservice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbeat View Post
    When she first shouted loudly she said "Perfect," so to me when she said "Yay" softer instead of repeating what she had meant to say softly the first time just felt out of place and reason besides wanting to throw things we like back at us. Minor nitpick but it just bothered me a wee bit.
    She was trying not to be so loud to be fair.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

There wasn't a lot of hype around this week's episode. Applejack and CMC episodes seem to do the worse when it comes to pulling in the viewers, so I can't imagine a lot of people getting excited about the prospect of them being together. Instead of taking a break this week I soldiered on and ... it was pretty bad.

This reminds me of when I first started to watch pony. Back before I knew a lot about the show I made a lot of assumptions. One of them being that Applebloom was Applejack's daughter. They seem to have closer to that dynamic than a sisterly one like Rarity and Sweetie Belle have. Considering that I thought I might enjoy that type of interaction. I would've ... if they hadn't run the joke into the ground. I liked the dynamic they had in Sisterhooves Social more.

The Chimera was a neat. I think I would've enjoyed seeing Applebloom handle that on her own more though. She was pretty much out of the swamp by time Applejack came. I was really obvious that she only stopped just so Applejack could have a moment doing ... pretty much what she did in Spike at your Service where she was in the reverse situation. I guess you don't learn anything if the moral wasn't directed to you.

Oh, and also canonical pony socks.

When I saw Applejack with the double helmets in this episode, that sort of reminded me of Scootaloo. Also, the writers really kind of obviously made the monster in this one a metaphor for how Applejack was behaving.

I know it's a kids show, but they were really trying to hit us over the head with it weren't they? The long winded joke, the title dropped no less than three times in five minutes, the aborted song, and then the bossy goat-head.

I guess it's to say that something felt missing from the episode because they tried so hard to focus on Applejack and Applebloom and push everyone else out of the picture, but in truth this episode would've benefited greatly if there was just one more pony around for the two to bounce off of. Even Big Mac, who says next to nothing, could've offered great contrast.

Hi everyone! I don't know if it's alright to just jump in or not but here goes,

I think the point of Applejack saving the day at the bitter end was to show that not only can Applebloom take care of herself but it's also ok to rely on others more; just in moderation. It was kind of a double meaning but at the same time it was awkward for her to just give up after the cart was safe. This episode also reminded me of when I first watched MLP as well. It reminded me of how unpredictable it can sometimes be. I had no idea that such a path would be taken to deliver apple pies. I figured hard meant a rocky terrain where things like a rock-slide could happen or you could easily get lost not a fire spewing swamp (Princess Bride?) and some evil monster. It kind of makes me wonder what Big Mac had to go through...

On a separate note, I was hoping to find out if anyone else was thinking about the extra star added to Twilight's cutie mark. If the six stars represented the elements of harmony which also appear on the tree then would having an extra star mean that there is a new element?

I also noticed last episode, and I may be slow on this, that Discord is waving from Fluttershy's window in the current opening - that really made my day!

Mom's Words of Wisdom: "Just try touching the buttons, you'll know what to do in no time." - HG/SS

Button Credit: Astral Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerMaria View Post
    I also noticed last episode, and I may be slow on this, that Discord is waving from Fluttershy's window in the current opening - that really made my day!
    Yeah, you're way late on this. They added that in the beginning of Season 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Yeah, you're way late on this. They added that in the beginning of Season 4.
    I had a feeling that I was, ahh thanks anyway for the information. It still made my day despite my slowness, although the only reason I noticed it was because I had pause it for a second.

Mom's Words of Wisdom: "Just try touching the buttons, you'll know what to do in no time." - HG/SS

Button Credit: Astral Shadow

Well ... this one deserves a Spoiler.

Spoiler:

So next week's episode is the one where Flim and Flam come back. Who wants to bet that they give Applejack her key?
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

There aren't many other places she can get it. There's only one more episode title to reveal before the presumably two-part finale.

I think Trade Ya is Twilight's Key episode.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    There aren't many other places she can get it. There's only one more episode title to reveal before the presumably two-part finale.

I think Trade Ya is Twilight's Key episode.
    True, the season is winding down and there aren't any other Applejack episodes to speak of.

As for Twilight's, I don't think it's Trade Ya. Key episodes usually involve one of the Mane 6 helping another character learn some sort of friendship lesson, since Twilight + some other pony isn't the focus of that episode's plot, she probably won't get it. I'm thinking she'll either get it in 24 or 25.

Since it's going to be a test of Friendship I assumed it'd be Twilight.

She's the only one I can think could get away with pawning off her friends like chattel, at least.

Edit: Episode 24 (spoilers obviously) -
        Spoiler:
    Last edited by An00bis; 26th March 2014 at 9:54 PM.

Spoiler:- Episode 20 Spoilers:

This weeks epi was good, address the fact that people learn things in different ways. As for the test you pass it and your in the Wonder bolts reserves, Lighting Dust returning maybe? Also any catch G1 Firefly ref?!

This was easily one of my favorite episodes overall. I love ensemble episodes, and everyone was wonderful here.

This was the second time this season the episode went in a completely different direction than I thought it would, and it showed how much the characters have grown. After reading the summaries I thought that Dash was going to try and cheat, but she actually made a legitimate attempt to do things the right way. I kind of like the character that Dash has grown into. At first she was very childish and kind of annoying but she's matured a lot since then ... while still giving a nod or two to who she used to be.

... anyone else here a few bars of Celestia's Ballard after Dash told Twilight what she saw? The second time.

On another (debatably brighter) note we have Titles/Briefings for Episodes 25 and 26. It'll be a one hour special aired on May 10th. Major Spoilers within.
        Spoiler:

On another (debatably brighter) note we have Titles/Briefings for Episodes 25 and 26. It'll be a one hour special aired on May 10th. Major Spoilers within.
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Pinkies rap wasn't what I was expecting when she was about to break in to a musical number this episode. I was thinking "Oh, she's going to break in to one of her usual kind of numbers." But, nope. I was wrong. I should say I 'm not complaining about this, just in case it sounded like that.

I have a theory that the writers have to put Vinyl Scratch/DJ-Pon3 in the show at least once a season.

Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

Spoiler:
        Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Last edited by An00bis; 8th April 2014 at 1:21 AM.

Spoiler:- Episode Names and Other Stuff:

I thought the castle would be like a museum or a tourist spot.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Spike episode today and next week! Finally the little dragon gets the spotlight for a change!

It was almost frightening how natural it was seeing Rarity as a " villain ".

If she ever actually snapped this is totally the type of thing I'd imagine her doing.

Page 137 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140 LastLast