Page 139 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140 LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 3482

Thread: My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic - Lets go to 2 : Electric Scootaloo!

Spoiler:
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

Spoiler:

Are kids shows the kind of programming that pays attention to 100/200/300 episode milestones, assuming they last this long?

I ask this because I figured out months ago that MLP (FiM) is going to reach the 100 episode mark in it's fifth season. Episode 9 to be exact*.
    This is pretty common for TV shows that have, we'll say, between 22-26 episodes in any given season. Following this formula, it's pretty common for TV shows to have their 100th episode in their 5th season.

So, to directly mention the show, would MLP be the kind of (kids) show to recognize this kind of milestone?
    Ans also, if it turns out to be something that get's recognized, I wonder what kind of episode we'd see from this show for this milestone? Again, if the writers do recognize this milestone.

* - 26 episodes (seasons 1, 2 and 4) x 3 = 78 episodes + 13 episodes (season 3) = 91 episodes total for the first 4 seasons

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

Really liked the finale.

Spoiler:
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Usually children's shows don't recognize milestones. It's for a number of reasons, but mainly because the Target Audience doesn't really know the significance of it.

Friendship is Magic will already be the longest running MLP Show. We passed that milestone sometime in Season 3 I think.

With so many episodes now, I think the show should go into off-network syndication in local markets on broadcast stations. A lot of shows that pass 100 episodes are syndicated this way.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

That's true, the target audience not realizing those kinds of milestones.

I wonder if we'll ever see a one part slice-of-life kind of episode like The Best Night Ever as a season finale again?

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

We might for a half-season, but I doubt it for a full 26 episode season.

I like the Slice-of-Life episodes, but I've also come to expect that the opener and finale are something a bit more high-stake that sets the tone for the upcoming series of episodes.

Um...Hello! I'm thinking of watching the show sometime.
    I'm here because I wanna know if there are any episodes that I should skip. Because I don't feel like watching bad episodes.
    So, can anyone tell me if I should skip any episodes?
    I'm on YouTube, DeviantART, Pokemon Showdown!, and Fanfiction.net under the same name!
    YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/NinjaOfTheSkies
    DeviantART: http://ninten199x.deviantart.com/
    Fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5570480/Ninten199X
    Pokemon Showdown!: http://pokemonshowdown.com/users/ninten199x

I don't recommend that you skip any episodes. That's because the episodes that people think are good or bad are largely subjective. Usually I find something that I enjoy in every episode even if the episode focuses on a character that I don't like. I made a point to watch each episode at least once.

If you mean a recommendation? I picked a combination of episodes I liked and that are generally accepted as good in the fandom.

Season 1

Watch the opener Friendship is Magic.

- Dragonshy - One of the first group adventure episodes. Also the birth of a side of Fluttershy that'll develop in later seasons.
    - Sonic Rainboom - A usual suspect on Top 10 Lists. Portrays many fan favorites in a good light.
    - A Dog and Pony Show - A personal favorite on the list, and one of Rarity's better episodes.

Season 2

Watch the opener The Return of Harmony and the ending A Canterlot Wedding.

- Lesson Zero - Twilight's infamous Breakdown episode -- and one of the few times Celestia does things.
    - Hearth's Warming Eve - Pony History? Pony History. Also the closest thing we get to a Christmas episode.
    - The Last Roundup (unedited) - Derpygate is what most people remember. I remember it as " that one good Applejack episode ".

Season 3

Watch the opener The Crystal Empire and the ending Magical Mystery Cure. The Crystal Empire is about as close as we'll get to a non-mandatory opener since the events of this episode are mentioned repeatedly throughout Season 3 and 4.

- Magic Duel - This is what people wanted to happen in Boast Busters. Thank you, writers.
    - Games Ponies Play - Another fun group episode that introduces some endearing minor characters. Also Dash development.
    - Keep Calm and Flutter On - A very important episode for storyline reasons. Also a good developmental episode for Fluttershy.

Season 4

There's more continuity in this season than others. At the minimal the opener Princess Twilight Sparkle and the finale Twilight's Kingdom are mandatory watching. The five other key episodes are ... Rainbow Falls, Rarity Takes Manehattan, Pinkie Pride, Leap of Faith, and It Ani't Easy Being Breezies.

- Maud Pie - I picked it over Bats! because the story was more straightforward and Maud was adorable.
    - Castle Mane-ia - Adventure Episode? Adventure Episode. Also gives some context to Twilight's Kingdom later on.
    - Testing Testing 1, 2, 3 - A surprisingly well written episode about a very important time in Rainbow Dash's life.

I only picked 3 from each season because that's a night's worth of episodes. Maybe a whole day of watching if you include the openers and finales.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    I don't recommend that you skip any episodes. That's because the episodes that people think are good or bad are largely subjective. Usually I find something that I enjoy in every episode even if the episode focuses on a character that I don't like. I made a point to watch each episode at least once.

If you mean a recommendation? I picked a combination of episodes I liked and that are generally accepted as good in the fandom.

Season 1

Watch the opener Friendship is Magic.

- Dragonshy - One of the first group adventure episodes. Also the birth of a side of Fluttershy that'll develop in later seasons.
    - Sonic Rainboom - A usual suspect on Top 10 Lists. Portrays many fan favorites in a good light.
    - A Dog and Pony Show - A personal favorite on the list, and one of Rarity's better episodes.

Season 2

Watch the opener The Return of Harmony and the ending A Canterlot Wedding.

- Lesson Zero - Twilight's infamous Breakdown episode -- and one of the few times Celestia does things.
    - Hearth's Warming Eve - Pony History? Pony History. Also the closest thing we get to a Christmas episode.
    - The Last Roundup (unedited) - Derpygate is what most people remember. I remember it as " that one good Applejack episode ".

Season 3

Watch the opener The Crystal Empire and the ending Magical Mystery Cure. The Crystal Empire is about as close as we'll get to a non-mandatory opener since the events of this episode are mentioned repeatedly throughout Season 3 and 4.

- Magic Duel - This is what people wanted to happen in Boast Busters. Thank you, writers.
    - Games Ponies Play - Another fun group episode that introduces some endearing minor characters. Also Dash development.
    - Keep Calm and Flutter On - A very important episode for storyline reasons. Also a good developmental episode for Fluttershy.

Season 4

There's more continuity in this season than others. At the minimal the opener Princess Twilight Sparkle and the finale Twilight's Kingdom are mandatory watching. The five other key episodes are ... Rainbow Falls, Rarity Takes Manehattan, Pinkie Pride, Leap of Faith, and It Ani't Easy Being Breezies.

- Maud Pie - I picked it over Bats! because the story was more straightforward and Maud was adorable.
    - Castle Mane-ia - Adventure Episode? Adventure Episode. Also gives some context to Twilight's Kingdom later on.
    - Testing Testing 1, 2, 3 - A surprisingly well written episode about a very important time in Rainbow Dash's life.

I only picked 3 from each season because that's a night's worth of episodes. Maybe a whole day of watching if you include the openers and finales.
    Okay then, thanks.
    I'm on YouTube, DeviantART, Pokemon Showdown!, and Fanfiction.net under the same name!
    YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/NinjaOfTheSkies
    DeviantART: http://ninten199x.deviantart.com/
    Fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5570480/Ninten199X
    Pokemon Showdown!: http://pokemonshowdown.com/users/ninten199x

We're in the off-season, but there are still fan animations being released.

Today the much anticipated Fall of the Crystal Empire was released. It clocks in at a respectable 10 minutes.

Spoiler:

And something a bit more fun. An animatic with Tirek and Discord.

I must keep this thread alive.

Who here has any MLP merchandise?
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post

I actually do have a RD Beanie Baby.

Also something interesting to note. A new card came out in the mlp card game, and it looked familiar. Here is my cross examination (You'll get it when you see it) of it.

Been a while since I posted in this thread.

I have quite a bit. Several of the brushable statues, a few small statues, and a few plushies. Most of my collection is of Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Scootaloo, and Spike. I used to collect Twilight Sparkle, but stopped when I realized how much room a collection of that size would take.

I don't, sadly. People give you strange looks when you're a 23 year old male shopping for little girls toys. :/
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

I have a few Pony Plushies and Buttons I got from a Con earlier this year.

The drought shouldn't last much longer. Apparently we're going to get some Season 5 stuff at Comic Con next month.

Is anyone else here losing interest in the series? I feel like the show just isn't as good as it used to be, most of the episodes this season just really bored me, and the only times the show really held my attention was when it was more serious or had a sense of continuity. I think they may have run out of ideas for slice of life episodes now, they've been rehashing themes and the characters have reverted to being one dimensional stereotypes and it's just getting boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

^It could just be a result of the break between seasons we're in right now.

Because of the break, I haven't really been paying a whole bunch of attention to anything MLP-related lately, I've been focusing more on Pokemon stuff, but, that doesn't mean I'm losing interest in the show.

Once new episodes get here, I'll pay more attention to it.

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller2001 View Post
    ^It could just be a result of the break between seasons we're in right now.

Because of the break, I haven't really been paying a whole bunch of attention to anything MLP-related lately, I've been focusing more on Pokemon stuff, but, that doesn't mean I'm losing interest in the show.

Once new episodes get here, I'll pay more attention to it.
    It's not because of the break at all. As I said, the slice of life episodes started getting boring as Season 4 dragged on (right around Episode 9-10 IIRC).
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Is anyone else here losing interest in the series? I feel like the show just isn't as good as it used to be, most of the episodes this season just really bored me, and the only times the show really held my attention was when it was more serious or had a sense of continuity. I think they may have run out of ideas for slice of life episodes now, they've been rehashing themes and the characters have reverted to being one dimensional stereotypes and it's just getting boring.
    I know what you mean. The season begining and finale and the key episodes where the ones that central to the plot. The only other episode I really enjoyed this season was Pinkie Apple Pride. The other episodes where just dull and unneeded Bats, Simple Ways, And the Equestra Games was a lost optionally to explore. The last thing that really bugs me is the fandom and there overacting to things.
    Ex:
    Cantlot Wedding fans freaked over Candance being an Alicorn
    Season 3 Twilight becomes an Alicorn and EQG Fans: Wahh the series is ruined bawww...
    season 4 the episode sysious for Twilights KIngdom is reveiled and how the Twi gets Celestria's, Luna's and Candace power to safe keep it. Again the fans: Bawwwww Twilight's becomeing a mary sue! Wahhh it mean Luna my Wifu is going to die Bahhwaaa.

I think the novelty of the show has worn off of a lot of people. Now it's just a series, and people are looking at it as objectively as any other.

Kind of reminds me of the Pokemon anime actually.

I've unfortunately seen more episodes of Metalocalypse than I have of My Little Pony. I guess the reason for that is that I care more for the Fandom than I do the show. I mean, I e read Fallout Equestria in it's entirety THREE times, while I have yet to finish season two.

Page 139 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140 LastLast