Page 144 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144
Results 3,576 to 3,599 of 3599

Thread: My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic - Lets go to 2 : Electric Scootaloo!

I enjoyed this episode as well as taking stock of the Head cannons that were destroyed:

Gummy is brainless and does not think
    Lyra is crazy
    Cranky had no friends before finding Miltilda in ponyville
    All the changelings were expelled from ponyville

Quote Originally Posted by WildHennaCharizard View Post
    I enjoyed this episode as well as taking stock of the Head cannons that were destroyed:

Lyra is crazy
    I never knew any of those headcanons in the first place. It seemed like they confirmed more headcanons than they destroyed, they hit pretty much every major fan portrayal we've seen except for Lyra being obsessed with humans (which they didn't really deny either, it just never came up). Also,
        Spoiler:

And yeah, what's up with that Changeling?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Wasn't he just a wedding guest.

Anyway my favorite part had to be Celestia and Luna, I don't know why but I found it the most entertaining.
    White FC: 1334 7028 3541
    Black2 FC: 1249 6749 9360
    3DS FC(Y): 1719 4581 9302
    3DS FC(X): 3995 6544 3549

Quote Originally Posted by WildHennaCharizard View Post

Lyra is crazy
    I never knew any of those headcanons in the first place. It seemed like they confirmed more headcanons than they destroyed, they hit pretty much every major fan portrayal we've seen except for Lyra being obsessed with humans (which they didn't really deny either, it just never came up). Also,

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Painkiller2001; 14th June 2015 at 6:17 AM. Reason: mixed up a few words

Claimed by me!

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller2001 View Post
    When I first heard what this ep was about, I had the thought that it could potentially make or break many head-canons.
    I agree, it definitely did the former more than the latter.

I just thought that that Changeling was supposed to be a reference to A Canterlot Wedding, what with it appearing at a wedding.
    Could be a shout-out to some fans joking that, when background ponies are duplicated in crowds, it's actually because there are changelings. Dunno though.

All in all I think my brain is still catching up to everything that episode had to offer. All I can really say for certain at this point is that one; the Doctor Who references they threw in were almost perfect, and two; if the episode's dubstep cello track is NOT released to the public, I will not be happy. D:

3DS FC : 0216-1419-1333
    IGN: Sky
    Friend Safari: Bug

Changelings were only effectively banned while Shining Armor's barrier was active which -- wasn't very long at all, actually. It also also really reached the borders of Canterlot. Any Changelings that weren't in Canterlot right at that time were probably not banished.

Even so, Changelings could come back to Canterlot after the wedding since Shining Armor took down his barrier and ultimately moved to be with Cadance.

Seemed to be Cranky's friend.

Personal Headcanon is that Changelings really do live in Equestria and are tolerated so long as they aren't malicious. They're just disguised as something else most of the time.

Luna and Celestia bickering was fantastic, why is there not a full episode of just those two yet

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Luna and Celestia bickering was fantastic, why is there not a full episode of just those two yet
    Seconding this. We need to see them interact more.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Seconding this. We need to see them interact more.
    It was like a canon (and g-rated) version of the Two Best Sisters videos. Thirding this; I would pay to watch more of it.

3DS FC : 0216-1419-1333
    IGN: Sky
    Friend Safari: Bug

Princess Spike episode thoughts:
    Aww yes the classic kept everything quiet while a char sleeps trope

Are the dragon sneeze flowers supposed to kept dragons away? Cause the way a dragon sniffs them and sneezes seems more of a hazard if you bring full sized dragons in...

look katie cooks and Andy Price ponysonas

Ok I think we have enough Spike goofs up and learns a leason episodes can we now see him do more.

I know the episode aired like a week ago, but I've only just seen it. For a Spike episode, it was pretty good I guess. They still recycled the "Spike feels inferior in some way" plot which is beyond tiresome at this point but there were some nice touches in the episode that made it worthwhile:

Spoiler:- spoilers:

the pokerap with ponies

I've been on vacation and just got back. Caught up.

Princess Spike was pretty bad ... and seems to be adding to mounting evidence that the Target Audience doesn't like male characters as much as the female leads. Spike episodes seem to always do bad in the ratings and this was the worse yet. Discord also doesn't usually bring in an audience.

I actually like Spike and this was some of the work I wanted him to do for Twilight since he was, you know, her assistant and should be assisting in the Princess-stuff, but how it went down kind of rubbed me the wrong way. First, I think that ponies over-reliance on Princesses to make decisions in the first place doesn't bode well for the Kingdom since they always seem to be one disaster away from losing all of their Princesses. Second ... they were kind of stretching when it came to spinning that this was somehow wrong. It just rubbed me the wrong way since that's pretty much how the other Princesses are treated.

Oh, and more fodder for the " other Princesses are useless " canon. I mean ... I actually like that Cadance is appearing more and this is I think her second of three in a row but she totally could have prevented this. I guess she wanted to just teach Spike a lesson at the cost of endangering many innocent lives.

I call that Celestia-itis.

Now for this week's episode!
        Spoiler:

I've seen a few people compare the Yaks to the over thinking Brony fandom in how if everything is not perfect in their eyes they have to 'smash it'
    Speaking of Yaks what cultures do you think the artists based there design?

I'd say Mongolia since Yaks are native to that region.

I have to admit. I felt kind of slump-ish about pony lately.

This ... snapped me out of the slump.

Spoiler:
    Last edited by An00bis; 4th July 2015 at 8:15 PM.

Spoiler:

Claimed by me!

Spoiler:

Ok we are 12 episodes in the season yet the map has only been used once since the premiere. I would like to see the map more used more now that there are only 14? episodes left.

Seems you'll be having a bit of a wait.

Our hopes and dreams have been crushed by a statement confirming that Friendship is Magic will be going on hiatus. Originally, they announced that Friendship is Magic Season 6 will start by the end of 2015. If they split the season evenly that means this Saturday's episode will be the last until who knows when.

That would explain why information sort of dried up. We hadn't gotten any official (non-leak) confirmation on episodes, air dates, or summaries on any episode after this Saturday's.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Seems you'll be having a bit of a wait.

Our hopes and dreams have been crushed by a statement confirming that Friendship is Magic will be going on hiatus. Originally, they announced that Friendship is Magic Season 6 will start by the end of 2015. If they split the season evenly that means this Saturday's episode will be the last until who knows when.

That would explain why information sort of dried up. We hadn't gotten any official (non-leak) confirmation on episodes, air dates, or summaries on any episode after this Saturday's.
    What the actual ****? Did the ratings tank this season or something?

What the actual ****? Did the ratings tank this season or something?
    I wouldn't say tank but yeah the last couple of episodes have seen a drop in veiwship.

There has been a notable drop in viewership since The Hub became Discovery Family. It seems that they cut back on advertising/marketing the show. To that point; this week's episode will premier in about 12 hours and all we got was an still image drowned in the wave of Comic Con Stuff. No trailers. Very little hype on the official channels.

I don't think that's what caused it, though. I think it simply wasn't ready.

Still, we got some good amount of stuff for the Later Half of Season 5 from Comic Con.
    Everything down here is obviously spoilers:

Spoiler:

Saturday:

Here it is, folks. Our mid-Season Finale and the last episode before the hiatus.

Oh boy did it deliver the goods.

Spoiler:
    Last edited by An00bis; 11th July 2015 at 8:42 PM.

Since we are now in a hitius how about this if you were a pony and had a cutie mark what would it be? Mine would be a paw print with feathered wings on each side of it. Cause I'm a big animal lover.

I would say a lightbulb shaped like an exclamation mark inside Angle Brackets --

-- but then I remember I'd be a Zebra.

ANYHOW, it seems like the hiatus might be over in September. Some new summaries have come in from a reliable source:
        Spoiler:

Page 144 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144