Page 2 of 141 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic - Lets go to 2 : Electric Scootaloo!

Yeah, I really do need to get caught up....but most of the ones I missed aren't really important to the story.
    Someone should trade me a Banette/Shuppet for Pokemon X. Please.

wait... the show has a story? I thought they just had plot. see whatI did thar
    "ORE FUTABI SANJOU!!!!!"

I am both a fan of Digimon and Pokemon, deal with it...fans needs to get along

Digimon club

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=315087

join

Quote Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
    According to Equestria Daily, season 2 is to begin September 17th with an episode titled "The Return of Harmony"
    Say whaaaaaaaaaa?

I know the season premiere is supposed to be a two-parter, but I had no idea the actual premiere date was moved up that far. If true, then awesomesauce, I say. December was far too long a wait; I've been in pony withdrawal since May as it is.
    Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariya Shidou View Post
    I personally think this is a bad idea. It tends to lessen the chance of increasing the fanbase size. Though I'm more neutral on the matter, wouldn't you agree that that's a bad thing? I mean, I perfectly understand this kind of behavior in moderation -- a nod to the past shows fans that the creators care about it -- but after a certain point, it just becomes exclusionary.
    Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Making this show for bronies is the worst thing the writers could ever do. It would try to be edgy and end up losing the orignal fanbase. They should keep the show like it is and was ment to be, for little girls, of course keep the same humour and wit that brought the bronies to the show, but remember the main focus. Little girls.
    If that happened, the fanbase would crumble into nothingness, or as a Transformers fan (and to an extent, TV Tropes) would call it: "RUINED FOREVER".

It's best that this never happens to the show, as it would basically turn into a bad fan fic made official (Power Rangers dwelve into this territory in it's 10th season, and just MENTIONING one particular episode from that season on a Power Rangers/Super Sentai forum, even as a joke, is enough to start a flame war), it's best that the show continued to appeal to little girls, but also the older fans (in what TV Tropes calls a "Parental Bonus"), in order to keep the demographic balanced, with content that can appeal both to children AND adults. It's best we leave the darker and edgier stuff to the fanfic writers, and let the writers of the main show appeal to the shows INTENDED demographic...

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!

If you badly want the Team Plasma episodes to air soon, please put this in your signature.

Just last night I realized something neat about the mane six cast members: Twilight is the only one whose name isn't exactly three syllables long.
    Pink-ie-Pie
    Rain-Bow-Dash
    App-le-jack
    Rar-i-ty
    Flutt-er-shy
    Twi-light or Twi-light-Spark-le
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

i wondered why the old thread disappeared from my subscribed list. i thought i accidentaly deleted it, but apparantly it died D:.
    but the thread is back and all is good. now to wait 5 months so the emtire seaon is finished and on youtube, then to watch it in 1 day ^_^
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    Just last night I realized something neat about the mane six cast members: Twilight is the only one whose name isn't exactly three syllables long.
    Pink-ie-Pie
    Rain-Bow-Dash
    App-le-jack
    Rar-i-ty
    Flutt-er-shy
    Twi-light or Twi-light-Spark-le
    Interesting, maybe it's supposed to be that way. I mean, it does seem like they're trying to make Twilight the "different" one. Being from a different place and all. But, probably not. I don't really know. It's still a nice find.

I saw the first two episodes and I'm having a really hard time figuring out what the fuss is about, it just seems like a regular kids show, like, seriously.

i feel awkward being one of the few girls who enjoys this show. butbutbut fluttershy <3

Quote Originally Posted by trfan View Post
    I saw the first two episodes and I'm having a really hard time figuring out what the fuss is about, it just seems like a regular kids show, like, seriously.
    have pilots ever been good?

^Rarely^

now who wants to make Cupcakes
    "ORE FUTABI SANJOU!!!!!"

I am both a fan of Digimon and Pokemon, deal with it...fans needs to get along

Digimon club

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=315087

join

^...Now I was just reminded of the Cupcakes song...and I had that in my head for WEEKS! Do you know how weird it is when you accidentally sing that song in public?

Woo Hoo! The ponies are back for another season. *Crosses fingers for Gilda to return*
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

Quote Originally Posted by dragoniteKnight View Post
    have pilots ever been good?
    That's what I thought after watching the first episode, then I watched the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomfang View Post
    Woo Hoo! The ponies are back for another season. *Crosses fingers for Gilda to return*
    Best way to do it. put her in the courtroom, then she gets banished to the moon for an eternity for making fluttershy cry.BEST 2 MINUTES, EVERRRRRRR

i watched half of the pilot, so to see if it mediocre just because it was a pilot, i decided to watch the rest of the pilot.
    fixed.

That's what I thought after watching the first episode, then I watched the second.
    The pilot is a two-parter... trust us when we say that the 3rd "episode" is amazing... because it is.
    Current wishes: I have way too many event legendaries right now. I'm interested in a japanese 6IV ditto, but I'm willing to barter - PM me offers.

Events I have spares of: Liberty Pass Victini, (HGSS and Link) Celebi, GameStop Keldeo, GameStop Jirachi, and I can breed Phiones. I also have a Japanese Event Shiny Raikou up, if that counts... It's not a spare, but I might be willing to part with it, given enough prodding.

---

3DS FC: 2750 - 1756 - 6697

^ Why the quotations on Episode? Isn't that what they are?

because the two parter could be considered one whole episode, i guess. but then 3 should be in quotations shouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by theswweet View Post
    The pilot is a two-parter... trust us when we say that the 3rd "episode" is amazing... because it is.
    In my opinion, the third episode is where the series truly began, as the first two seemed like an entirely different show to me. Of course, according to the producers, that was apparently what the series was originally going to be like. Apparently, when the first two episodes were being produced, the series producers and Hasbro executives had an argument over what direction to take the show, one producer (Lauren Faust, believe it or not) wanted the ponies to be magical girls like Sailor Moon, and have them battle evil with the Elements of Harmony, another producer wanted a traditional slce of life show. We ultimatly got the slice of life show, but one can wonder what the series would have been like had the former option be taken and the mane six were magical fillies (here's looking at you fanfic writers). While I like the series the way it already is, I just cannot imagine Twilight Sparkle as a Sailor Moon expy, but it would have still been awesome either way...

Although to be fair, the "magical filly" premise the show was originally planned to have DOES make sense in a way (if you think about it hard enough). Lauren Faust is married to Powerpuff Girls creator Craig McCracken, and Craig originally intended Powerpuff Girls to be a parody of Sailor Moon, simply because he was tired of seeing Sailor Moon on Cartoon Network (he actually stated this in an interview), so yeah, this all traces back to when Sailor Moon aired on Cartoon Network.

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!

If you badly want the Team Plasma episodes to air soon, please put this in your signature.

In terms of favorite, it's a tie between Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy.
    3DS Updated FC: 4640-0105-8945
    On Kid Icarus: Uprising I am *AuraSp*

Masterge: Wow, that's actually REALLY interesting. I wonder if bronies would still exist if it took that route. Sounds like the "Discord" episode will be like that. (by what I hear anyway) Thanks a lot for sharing that info, really cool.

Well... it has been done. I am officially the owner of a Brony t-shirt.

yay
    Current wishes: I have way too many event legendaries right now. I'm interested in a japanese 6IV ditto, but I'm willing to barter - PM me offers.

Events I have spares of: Liberty Pass Victini, (HGSS and Link) Celebi, GameStop Keldeo, GameStop Jirachi, and I can breed Phiones. I also have a Japanese Event Shiny Raikou up, if that counts... It's not a spare, but I might be willing to part with it, given enough prodding.

---

3DS FC: 2750 - 1756 - 6697

The pilot is awful. Like, seriously. If you're going to try and get into this show (or attempt to sell it to someone else, for that matter), heed this bit of sage advice; stay away from that episode.

Honestly, it's not very indicative to the type of show FiM really is. All of the episodes have a bit of a bit of an, ahem, girly theme to them (stating the obvious here, it is a girls show centering around colorful cartoon ponies, after all), but the pilot, in particular, is nauseatingly boring.

Don't judge the series just from that. Going with my standard episode suggestions that I usually send to the non-believers, try giving these a chance: "Feeling Pinkie Keen", "Over a Barrel", "Sonic Rainboom", and "A Dog and Pony Show". I'd recommend others, but I suggest starting here, first and foremost. These are a couple of my favorite episodes, and really showcase the witty writing, strong character development, and occasional touch of old-time slapstick humor that this series has to offer (none of which, coincidentally, is found in the pilot). After that, I'd also give "Stare Master" a chance as well, but not right away; the Cutie Mark Crusader episodes do tend to turn some people off, and although I like this one, I can why people wouldn't go for it.

All of these episodes are on Youtube, as far as I know. I'd post links, but... eh, not here. You can probably find them easily enough. Give some of those a chance, then get back to me. I'm sure that you'll find these more entertaining than the pilot, if nothing else.
    Last edited by Kiddington; 24th August 2011 at 9:31 AM. Reason: typos
    Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Quote Originally Posted by theswweet View Post
    Well... it has been done. I am officially the owner of a Brony t-shirt.

yay
    I salute you, sir.
    3DS Friend Code: 1118-0538-5698
    Twitter/ Tumblr /Secret Base

Page 2 of 141 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast