Page 63 of 140 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 3482

Thread: My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic - Lets go to 2 : Electric Scootaloo!

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Lapras View Post
    4. Big Mac and Cherrilee go on a REAL date.
    Kind of defeats the purpose of the Hearts and Hooves day episode, doesn't it? The whole point of that was that they're not attracted to each other.

8. Derpy returns for a speaking role.
    IIRC, they said they're never doing that again because of the controversy surrounding the first time they did that.

10. Mr and Mrs Cake have another foal.
    Why?
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 15th October 2012 at 5:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
    But if they try to make Derpy smart as a "don't judge a book by it's cover" thing, wouldn't that upset most of the fanbase? I doubt Derpy will get more than the odd few lines in a few episodes. But it would be interesting to see how they would portray Derpy should she get a major role in an episode.
    If they play their cards right, it could work. But we don't know and might never know. Oh well, her "where's Waldo" status is fun enough since finding her can be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    They can still use Derpy, just not the name or the original voice. I swear if those eyes are fixed...
    Anyway's please let us have fun parents! Soccermoms especially.
    Thing about Soccer Moms is that they're a vocal minority and don't represent the views of every single parent in the nation. But they're loud enough to gain the attention of networks that rather give into them instead of risking a lawsuit. Hell, I once heard a member here was allowed to watch Family Guy and South Park by his folks when he was six years old. He turned out fine.
    Last edited by matt0044; 6th October 2012 at 6:28 PM.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Just found this kinda old article on the Derpy voice change. Good read and makes thing a lot clearer for people who are still mad about it.

http://www.mylittleponynews.com/2012...-to-derpy.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Just found this kinda old article on the Derpy voice change. Good read and makes thing a lot clearer for people who are still mad about it.

http://www.mylittleponynews.com/2012...-to-derpy.html
    I agree with a lot of the comments below. A lot of times Political Correctness can be done in such short sightedness and hastiness that they practically don't stop to consider if this is truly right.
    Last edited by matt0044; 7th October 2012 at 12:24 AM.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Kind of defeats the purpose of the Hearts and Hooves day episode, doesn't it? The whole point of that was that they're not attracted to each other.
    Or maybe the trio was onto something before they were.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    I agree with a lot of the comments below. A lot of times Political Correctness can be done in such short sightedness and hastiness that they practically don't stop to consider if this is truly right.
    Yeah, it's just sad when the moms complain about the most idiotic things. I actually showed my mother the new episode, then told her the story about the voice change and all that, and her first reaction was, "Well that's just stupid. Why can't they just ignore it like the bronies do with the haters?"

I was so proud at that moment...
    Last edited by Dragon Trainer X; 7th October 2012 at 3:17 PM.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post

Yeah, it's just sad when the moms complain about the most idiotic things. I actually showed my mother the new episode, then told her the story about the voice change and all that, and her first reaction was, "Well that's just stupid. Why can't they just ignore it like the bronies do with their stupidity?"

I was so proud at that moment...
    Well, aside from that last word, I'm glad she knows better.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Well, aside from that last word, I'm glad she knows better.
    JuWhoops, wrong word. Lemme change that.

Yeah, my mom is always open to new things, even if they aren't exactly easy for her to follow. She honestly though Derpy was pretty cool, even though she didn't watch the show much. She liked the idea of how this fan made character was put into the show to give a shout out to the community. That's why I think my mother is pretty cool.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    JuWhoops, wrong word. Lemme change that.

Yeah, my mom is always open to new things, even if they aren't exactly easy for her to follow. She honestly though Derpy was pretty cool, even though she didn't watch the show much. She liked the idea of how this fan made character was put into the show to give a shout out to the community. That's why I think my mother is pretty cool.
    And this is why we sometimes can have nice things. I love it when parents don't judge.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Yeah, my parents have grown to like her too. She's kind of a favourite of mine. =3

Personally, I just pretend the voice change etc. never happened. I stick with the original. The people who want the change win, yeah, but the same way, I don't lose out. I prefer the original Derpy's voice, it may be low, but it has emotion in it. I really feel like in that version, she feels a little sorry, and is just generally a nice pony who may be a little clumsy. In the redone version, it sounds like she doesn't care for the destruction, and may even be rubbing it in Rainbow's face a bit. Thus, the first version fits the way I see Derpy pretty much perfectly - as a silly but kindhearted pegasus with a lazy eye.

As for the term being offensive? I don't see it. I've seen 'derp' used to mean silly faced or a funny mistake. That's it. Never as a slur. I think the people complaining purposefully read too much into it.

That, and I have to say something, something I mentioned in an earlier discussion about Scoots. I see it as more offensive to remove her. Why? Because, it feels like in many cartoons and things aimed at kids, disabled people are mainly used in very special episodes to show how disabled people are people too, or to add diversity (thus having their focus episodes be about said disability). The disabled characters don't get to actually BE characters most of the time. We only saw two minutes of Derpy, if that. We can't make a judgement. We see her knocking down stuff? That was needed for the plot to kick off. Character yelling at her? I would accept that as evidence of being offensive... if said character was not Rainbow. She's brash and a bit of a jerk - she ISN'T going to treat her nicely! I understand that it could be misconstrued as offensive. Isn't it up to us, though, to play with the stereotypes and make them not be offensive?

Ha. Maybe soapboxed too much there. Ah well. That's what I think of this whole thing, anyway. (9w6)

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

So, season 3 soon. I'll take this oppertunity to draw up a speculation checklist, then we'll see how many come true.
    1. One of the Mane 6 falls in love (genuine love, no magic involved).
    Yeah I had this type of thought when Season 2 was still airing, I was hoping it would been Rainbow Dash...but now...meh!xD I still lol'd at the MAD sketch w/ EeyorexTwilight.

2. Princess Skyla is NOT Shining Armors and Cadances daughter.
    I agree, I guess she'll be Cadence's little sis.:P

3. Luna get's another episode.
    Not just an episode, maybe playing a role in any villain two parter.

4. Big Mac and Cherrilee go on a REAL date.
    I so agree w/ Bolt the Cat, it'll just defeat the purpose of Hearts and Hooves episode.:P

5. The return of Flutter*****.
    It would be nice to watch her unleashing her rage but I think Fluttershy as a dragon would be enough.

6. Rainbow Dash gets to tryout for the Wonderbolts.
    It could happen yet I think she'll join the Wonderbolts when the series ends.

7. Twilight has a dream where she is Princess Celestia.
    lol now that is an interesting idea!

8. Derpy returns for a speaking role.
    Ooh I wish that can happen but the soccer moms...>_>

9. Derpy gets her own episode.
    It would be a really cool episode but it's sorta confirmed that Derpy will just resume her Where's Waldo status

10. Mr and Mrs Cake have another foal.
    It depends on how much time has passed

Quote Originally Posted by tomboyTrainer305 View Post
    Yeah I had this type of thought when Season 2 was still airing, I was hoping it would been Rainbow Dash...but now...meh!xD I still lol'd at the MAD sketch w/ EeyorexTwilight.
    MAD did another MLP sketch? Must watch.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

1. One of the Mane 6 falls in love (genuine love, no magic involved).
    As long as it isn't Rarity, I'm down for this idea!

I actually don't like the idea of love being introduced to the mane six. Spike's crush on Rarity is more than enough in that department. This kind of stuff leads to shipping and weird people making extremely weird things about the show. I'd rather things like that didn't happen. ):

xxx

I actually don't like the idea of love being introduced to the mane six. Spike's crush on Rarity is more than enough in that department. This kind of stuff leads to shipping and weird people making extremely weird things about the show. I'd rather things like that didn't happen. ):
    The Internet already has shipping, and I personally think they'll try it at some point, just to see how fans react.

The Internet already has shipping, and I personally think they'll try it at some point, just to see how fans react.
    Yeah the show already has shipping, and judging from those shippings, it would probably be best to not create love stories in my opinion. And if they use such a strong concept (love), I don't think it could last for a single episode, and I prefer the mane six being all about friendship. Anyway, it is just a matter of opinion, it would still be interesting to see how they would portray such a concept.

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    MAD did another MLP sketch? Must watch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuboJKWIe1c
    That one actually is a parody moresay.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa075ZlTUys
    This one isn't much of a parody of the show, but is funny non the less.
    Also, Tara Strong!

This.

What!? Pinkie Pie kissed the turtle by accident?

PinkiexTurtle SHIPPING!!!onelll

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    This.

What!? Pinkie Pie kissed the turtle by accident?

PinkiexTurtle SHIPPING!!!onelll
    God damn it! The truth hurts. At this point, I'm surprised there hasn't been shipping of Sweetie Belle and Spike after that cute dance at the Canterlot Wedding.
    I'm sure minor shipping between the 2 exists but...

How can Spike choose between Rarity and her sister?
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

I didn't even notice he danced with Sweetie Belle, so it was probably just a background thing that wasn't meant to get much attention. Unless my memory is just bad. It's also painfully obvious that he likes Rarity, so I don't think a single dance would change any of that.

xxx

http://rainbowdash.net/file/rozeluck...15-9xr3qdy.png

For anypony who has no Idea what I'm talking about.

link is forbidden
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    link is forbidden
    http://iambrony.steeph.tp-radio.de/m...gif?1342432379

Try this, but this has the animations.

Both Spike and Sweetie Belle represent little kids, so it just looks like they're having some fun. Nothing to be shipped about there... please!

xxx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuboJKWIe1c
    That one actually is a parody moresay.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa075ZlTUys
    This one isn't much of a parody of the show, but is funny non the less.
    Also, Tara Strong!
    I've seen those already.

Page 63 of 140 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast