Page 78 of 141 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 3503

Thread: My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic - Lets go to 2 : Electric Scootaloo!

Rainbow Dash generally goes overboard and gung-ho with everything she does, so it's not surprising the way she was being so pushy. I think she only jousted with Fluttershy because none of the others were available, and there had to be somepony to compete against.

I would have said she wasn't in character if she had been that way only in extreme circumstances (like with 'protecting' the fake heart), but she had the same show-offy nature even under normal circumstances (advertising crystal corn-on-the-cob). Plus, she was probably wanting to make sure no pony forgot her name when she finally left, so she turned up the RBDness up a notch.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    I support and believe in pearlshipping
    Oh yeah, and I like Darth Vader too.

Herein lies a great story of love, friendship, betryal,........and generally all the other good stuff a story needs :http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ul-A-Pearlship

Current team in lvl. 100 training-

Quote Originally Posted by Pokénaut View Post
    I've heard that Twilight becomes an Alicorn, I for one dislike this theory though, Twilight needs a more developed character before they put her in the OP Alicorn category.
    I don't really have as much problem with Twilight becoming an alicorn, my only issue with that is that if she's the only one that does so, it creates an imbalance among the Mane 6. First of all, it's neater the way it is now because we have two unicorns, two pegasi, and two earth ponies. Twilight becoming an alicorn ruins that balance. Plus, Twilight is a powerful unicorn. She's already stretching that balance already being more powerful than her friends, becoming an alicorn will cross the line there, plus it would make the rest of her friends seem inferior and unneeded. Particularly Rainbow Dash, her flight skills are her greatest strength within their group of friends, and Twilight muscling in on her territory would bruise her ego since it means Twilight can do both their jobs. Therefore, I think they should either make all 6 of them alicorns around the same time, or make none of them alicorns until the end of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerda Foks View Post
    Rainbow Dash generally goes overboard and gung-ho with everything she does, so it's not surprising the way she was being so pushy. I think she only jousted with Fluttershy because none of the others were available, and there had to be somepony to compete against.

I would have said she wasn't in character if she had been that way only in extreme circumstances (like with 'protecting' the fake heart), but she had the same show-offy nature even under normal circumstances (advertising crystal corn-on-the-cob). Plus, she was probably wanting to make sure no pony forgot her name when she finally left, so she turned up the RBDness up a notch.
    Being a show off doesn't mean she needs to be a jerk to everyone, who do you think she is, Gilda? I thought that was the entire point of that episode. This isn't quite in character for RD, she may be competitive and show-offy sometimes, but she's still got a good heart, this is crossing the line for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Twilight becoming an Alicorn is just a rumour though, right? Which means it will probably be false. Firstly for the reason posted above; she would no longer fit in with the mane six. And secondly there are many fans of Princess Celestia/Luna, so it wouldn't seem right to give Twilight their status, when that seems to be pretty much all they've got going for them. Twilight could still have change and do amazing things this series without the need of transforming! I feel that if she ever does turn into an Alicorn, it would probably be an adumbration of an end to the show!

xxx

^ Yeah, I hope it doesn't happen too, it seems weird and an unnecessary addition to how the pony world works. Though we did have a winged unicorn in the main cast once, if only temporarily...

I also agree that Sombra could have done with more personality, either hell bent on revenge or completely paranoid he'll be beaten, in my opinion. He seemed kind of boring compared to the sympathetic Nightmare Moon, the crazy Discord or the sneaky Chrysalis. He's just forgettable really, more like the Hydra or Parasprites - a threatening force rather than a true villain.

I'm also annoyed at the iOS game. It's cute and fun, but the gems and hearts irritate me. Money isn't too hard to get, but gems are practically impossible to get without paying (I spent some money on the game, don't want to spend any more) and hearts require social networking to get (there's a 'default' friend, but I haven't been getting many hearts off them). As such, I can't get characters like Rarity, Sweetie Belle, Rainbow Dash (when I unlock her), Zecora and Scootaloo. It's very annoying, and I wish there was some kind of gem exchange or something so there was a reliable way of getting these things in the game. Building times are too slow (TWELVE HOURS to get Fluttershy's cottage built after buying) and should really be at least halved, and there's only three mini games. The graphics are good, as is the music, but it needs a lot of tweaking to be good in my opinion.

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

I personally don't see a problem with Twilight becoming an alicorn because I can see a couple of good potential episodes

-Twilight is trying to learn how to fly and tries to enlist Rainbow Dash, but ends up finding out she's too pushy.
    -Everypony begins to treat her different because she supposedly has a higher status.
    -On the reverse, she begins to act like a bit of a snob. (Although I doubt I would like this episode)
    -Rarity feeling out of place for being the only unicorn in the group.

That being said though, I don't think it's going to happen for reasons already stated. It would disrupt the balance of the mane 6.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Maybe not an Alicorn but the Princesses do have something big in mind for Twilight. Perhaps, they fear that something could happen to them and they need a heir to prepare for the worst case scenario.

Hmmm, Twilight running Equestria (if only for a day)... I smell HIJINKS.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    I personally don't see a problem with Twilight becoming an alicorn because I can see a couple of good potential episodes

-Twilight is trying to learn how to fly and tries to enlist Rainbow Dash, but ends up finding out she's too pushy.
    -Everypony begins to treat her different because she supposedly has a higher status.
    -On the reverse, she begins to act like a bit of a snob. (Although I doubt I would like this episode)

That being said though, I don't think it's going to happen for reasons already stated. It would disrupt the balance of the mane 6.
    They could do it without disrupting the Mane 6's balance, but they'd have to make all 6 of them alicorns. And even that might not be a good idea, because it would still detract from their uniqueness and variety. Maybe if it's only a temporary thing, kind of like super forms in Sonic the Hedgehog.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Hmmm, Twilight running Equestria (if only for a day)... I smell HIJINKS.
    Anypony else find this a good premise for an episode?
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I can't imagine Twilight acting like a snob. On the otherhand, I can easily imagine her getting worked up over what an Alicorn is suppose to do/how an Alicorn is suppose to act that she causes some much trouble before learning a lesson.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi_Muffin View Post
    I also agree that Sombra could have done with more personality, either hell bent on revenge or completely paranoid he'll be beaten, in my opinion. He seemed kind of boring compared to the sympathetic Nightmare Moon, the crazy Discord or the sneaky Chrysalis.
    Maybe Sombra was already insane by the time he launched his attack against the Crystal Empire. He had those traps he left behind ready to activate to prevent anypony from reaching the Crystal Heart, and he was ready and willing to devour the thing once he reached it, judging from his open mouth just before Cadance reached it – and Spike – and flew back down. He had a millennium to focus his mind on exactly that, so if anything, I’d say that his personality as it was portrayed – more specifically, his subtlety contrasted with the dialogue among the Crystal Ponies – fit my own views and experiences even better. I’ll be satisfied with Shining Armor and Cadance’s positions leading the Crystal Ponies, and the other bronies could have their own ideas about ushering in this new season.:

Equestria Daily: Sethisto: Music: Foozogz – Make It Special (Season Rebirth Mix)

Every time that remix courses through my head, I feel immersed, which could say quite a bit about the level of creativity that I’ve encountered since I joined the herd, so to speak. The antics that the main ponies plus Spike get up to this season await us, and their friendship will become that much more powerful to behold, such that they might not need too many transformations to advance with their story.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    I can't imagine Twilight acting like a snob. On the otherhand, I can easily imagine her getting worked up over what an Alicorn is suppose to do/how an Alicorn is suppose to act that she causes some much trouble before learning a lesson.
    You mean like Lesson Zero taken up to eleven? I can see that.

Twilight as an alicorn sort of goes against why she's special in the first place. Alicorns have natural capability for magic, where most unicorns have magic suited specifically to their special talent. The fact that Twilight has powers beyond even most alicorns, but is only a unicorn adds to her uniqueness as well as solidifies her place as the wielder of the Element of Magic.

Making her an alicorn would take away that uniqueness, and also might make the Element of Magic look less important, since alicorns have innate power of their own that does not rely on an external source.

I won't elaborate on the idea of all of the Mane 6 becoming alicorns to maintain balance except to say that the idea seems profoundly wrong on so many levels.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    I support and believe in pearlshipping
    Oh yeah, and I like Darth Vader too.

Herein lies a great story of love, friendship, betryal,........and generally all the other good stuff a story needs :http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ul-A-Pearlship

Current team in lvl. 100 training-

An alicorn is out of the question (hopefully) but a princess... perhaps.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerda Foks View Post
    Twilight as an alicorn sort of goes against why she's special in the first place. Alicorns have natural capability for magic, where most unicorns have magic suited specifically to their special talent. The fact that Twilight has powers beyond even most alicorns, but is only a unicorn adds to her uniqueness as well as solidifies her place as the wielder of the Element of Magic.
    Because moving heavenly bodies like the Sun and the Moon doesn't take an extraordinary amount of magic. No, alicorns have the same strengths that unicorns, pegasi, and earth ponies have all rolled into one. There is no doubt that if Twilight were to become an alicorn her magical abilities would only go up. The problem isn't that she would lose her greatest strength, but that her greatest strength would become too great and she'd become even more of a Mary Sue than she is now.

An alicorn is out of the question (hopefully) but a princess... perhaps.
    A princess is also out of the question for similar reasons, she'd be separated and placed on a pedestal from her friends.

Where the hell did all of this Alicorn speculation come from?
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    A princess is also out of the question for similar reasons, she'd be separated and placed on a pedestal from her friends.
    True though I can see it as an idea for the series finale. It's the execution I'd be more worried about.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Where the hell did all of this Alicorn speculation come from?
    From the mention of "advanced studies" and Twilight being "closer to being ready" for something by Celestia. The popular theory for what this entails is that Twlight is being prepared to be an alicorn and/or princess.

True though I can see it as an idea for the series finale. It's the execution I'd be more worried about.
    For the series finale, yes. But it's not the series finale yet, we're talking about what's going to happen before then.

Would they really make Twilight a princess/alicorn? That's like what Sherclops Ponies did with the show in his abridged.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    Would they really make Twilight a princess/alicorn? That's like what Sherclops Ponies did with the show in his abridged.
    Probably not until the end of the series.

Making Twilight an Alicorn seems like more of a shout out to the fanfic writers, another reason why I dred this idea.

Don't you think that it might take away her friendship at all? Also, this just might be me, but it looks like it goes against the moral to love you for who you are.

Don't you think that it might take away her friendship at all? Also, this just might be me, but it looks like it goes against the moral to love you for who you are.
    Maybe she was meant to be an Alicorn, but just wasn't strong enough to release her powers.

Still looks heartbreaking in her friend's POV.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Making Twilight an Alicorn seems like more of a shout out to the fanfic writers, another reason why I dred this idea.
    Well there was always "something" about Twilight that made her be chosen in the first place.

Don't see why it would. And if she isn't actively seeking it just to be one, then it really wouldn't be not loving herself.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

It shouldn't take away from her friendship, because if becoming an alicorn suddenly makes her friends not like her, it would contradict the entire show. Becoming stronger does not automatically make you not accept who you are any more than gaining muscle or losing weight. If she was fine with herself, but just found ways to advance her magic, that doesn't mean she isn't fine with who she is.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

It shouldn't take away from her friendship, because if becoming an alicorn suddenly makes her friends not like her, it would contradict the entire show. Becoming stronger does not automatically make you not accept who you are any more than gaining muscle or losing weight. If she was fine with herself, but just found ways to advance her magic, that doesn't mean she isn't fine with who she is.
    That's true. But again, the real problem is that becoming an alicorn would make her too much of a Mary Sue.

Page 78 of 141 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast