Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 393

Thread: Do you like/dislike Smogon's tiering process?

  1. #276
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    King's Landing
    Posts
    2,308

    Default

    You're allowed to hold the opinion that the world is flat; that doesn't mean it a fact.

    EDIT: My point is that you're trying to toss around opinions in a debate. You don't debate opinions in debate, no matter what the topic, because opinions don't need any logic behind them. That's why you're feeling victimized. Try to look at it objectively.

    I have claimed Giratina

  2. #277
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    You're allowed to hold the opinion that the world is flat; that doesn't mean it a fact.
    Please change the subject, okay? I don't want to talk about this anymore. And for the love of pete, please stop acting like your opinions are absolute, guys. Cause no matter how many times you call me an idiot for not agreeing with you, that doesn't make you any more right.


    I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

  3. #278
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    You're allowed to hold the opinion that the world is flat; that doesn't mean it a fact.
    An opinion is what you believe while a fact is what most people believe. It's not a fact that the majority of OU pokemon dominate the metagame, it's the truth, with the exception of a few UU/RU pokemon helping them dominate.
    3DS Friend Code: 2363-6123-7178

    "It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death."
    — Major Motoko Kusanagi, Ghost in the Shell


    Banner by: Skiyomi
    Chapters created so far: 9
    The link is in th picture. Enjoy!

  4. #279
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    A place
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    Please change the subject, okay? I don't want to talk about this anymore. And for the love of pete, please stop acting like your opinions are absolute, guys. Cause no matter how many times you call me an idiot for not agreeing with you, that doesn't make you any more right.
    The way this is going, you're driving yourself into a brick wall. And the rest of us are saying, "No don't do that! It's not possible!". Being realistic, you just have a gray Toyota Camry, not a monster truck or anything like that. Now, you respond to our words of wisdom by saying, "No, I'm going into the brick wall because it's really soft on the inside!" You're basically disputing a known fact by calling it an opinion. I could put this into more practical terms, but I think this is a better way to get the point across. Of course, you could always think up some genius comeback that a rock could've thought of.

    On another note, this thread will most likely get some people who lurk as a guest to make accounts just to prove how wrong you really are.


    Credit to Blue Harvest for the amazing banner.

  5. #280
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    And you can beat me with whipping rods and cattle prods till I agree with that. I personally don't think saying OU Pokemon are just plain better is saying anything else but "RU/UU Pokemon are worthless." I will stand my ground until I make my point. The good trainer is NOT the person who "Can beat a team with UU/RU Pokemon but "Knows better," the REAL good trainer is the person who can use OU/UU/RU Pokmeon with great success, even against a skilled person who uses only OU Pokemon.
    Wow there were like two pages of discussion yet you still fail to understand the concept.

    Are you ****ing serious?

    Good players, given enough skill, are fully capable of utilizing gimmicks to achieve success. Everyone gets that. Thanks for acting the role of Captain Obvious for the entire discussion yet still pretending you were the voice of sanity.

    The thing everyone was telling you was, good players can fully do what you say, but they know better because they can use better Pokémon with greater success.

    Any good player can assemble a UU/RU team and beat an OU team with a reasonable level of skill; but what you don't get (the thing everyone was trying to tell you) is that the good player will still utilize whatever Pokémon he feels is best for the job because he has a higher winning chance that way.

    I swear this is 10 000 000% more hilarious than 睦 in the Blaziken thread.

    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  6. #281
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,990

    Default

    I am at the point where if this discussion goes any further, I will blow up my computer. I am not driving into a brick wall! I am not being retarded! And I am not giving in to your "facts," or whatever the **** you want to call them. I wanted to be chilled through-out this discussion, but you guys do not ****ing get it at all! I keep hearing what you have to say! I've read it a million times already! You're not proving any ****ing point by saying "Good trainers can use UU/RU pokemon with succession, but know better," you are just prolonging a ****ing stereotype that only OU Pokemon can be used in the metagame, when there are people out there who can win entire tournaments against OU Pokemon without using them themselves!

    I am not trying to insult you or flame you or even tell you that what you believe is rubbish and that you're a terrible person or a "retard" for thinking so! I am trying to make my point proven that you don't need a team of ****ing OU Pokemon to be a great ****ing Trainer!. If anything, YOU guys are the ones insulting others for their opinion, AND I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!

    STOP! OKAY JUST STOP!!! NO ONE IS RETARDED FOR BELIEVING WHAT THEY BELIEVE, AND NO ONE IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT IN THIS **** DEBATE! SO STOP SHOVELING OPINIONS DOWN MY THROAT CAUSE I'M SICK OF IT!!!

    Yeah, I know I snapped, but that is what happens when you get frustrated because people want to think they're right all the time and they can't accept that someone believes differently from them! You can tell it to me a million times, and no matter how many times, I refuse to believe that a great trainer only uses OU Pokemon.

    Just!
    Leave!
    Me!
    ALONE!!!


    I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

  7. #282
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,355

    Default

    wow...just wow
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

  8. #283
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dumping out my black backpack
    Posts
    9,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abrar14 View Post
    wow...just wow
    On no less than four levels.

  9. #284
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,151

    Default

    .. I'm impressed that in the time it took me to go to the bank and back this thread managed to become worse than the Blaziken thread.

    Stop with the current crap or else I'll close this, which I really don't want to do because up until now this thread was civil and full of intelligent posts (mostly).

  10. #285
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    I am at the point where if this discussion goes any further, I will blow up my computer. I am not driving into a brick wall! I am not being retarded! And I am not giving in to your "facts," or whatever the **** you want to call them. I wanted to be chilled through-out this discussion, but you guys do not ****ing get it at all! I keep hearing what you have to say! I've read it a million times already! You're not proving any ****ing point by saying "Good trainers can use UU/RU pokemon with succession, but know better," you are just prolonging a ****ing stereotype that only OU Pokemon can be used in the metagame, when there are people out there who can win entire tournaments against OU Pokemon without using them themselves!

    I am not trying to insult you or flame you or even tell you that what you believe is rubbish and that you're a terrible person or a "retard" for thinking so! I am trying to make my point proven that you don't need a team of ****ing OU Pokemon to be a great ****ing Trainer!. If anything, YOU guys are the ones insulting others for their opinion, AND I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!

    STOP! OKAY JUST STOP!!! NO ONE IS RETARDED FOR BELIEVING WHAT THEY BELIEVE, AND NO ONE IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT IN THIS **** DEBATE! SO STOP SHOVELING OPINIONS DOWN MY THROAT CAUSE I'M SICK OF IT!!!

    Yeah, I know I snapped, but that is what happens when you get frustrated because people want to think they're right all the time and they can't accept that someone believes differently from them! You can tell it to me a million times, and no matter how many times, I refuse to believe that a great trainer only uses OU Pokemon.

    Just!
    Leave!
    Me!
    ALONE!!!
    Agreed. Actually, I find it more amusing playing with lower tier Pokemon in higher tiers.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  11. #286
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    SMD
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Agreed. Actually, I find it more amusing playing with lower tier Pokemon in higher tiers.
    It may be amusing, and it is fun, but he is saying better players use bad Pokemon. Not true, worse players usually use their favorites, for example when I first started competitive I used Luxray, Uxie, Entei, and bad Pokemon like that. People who use Pokemon like that should be playing UU. Not Standard. With powers like Excadrill and Volcarona tearing up teams left and right, imagine how friggin hard it would be to use Arbok against Reuniclus, Bibarel against Conkeldurr, Typhlosion against Tyranitar, and so on. Smart players will not, I repeat, will not lose to people like you who use UU/RU Pokemon in standard.


    IM DONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I call hax, type some random racial slur all in caps, then ragequit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I wish I was joking, but based off all the naked fights in my front lawn I do pretty well assuming the person isn't trying to kill me.

  12. #287
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    .. I'm impressed that in the time it took me to go to the bank and back this thread managed to become worse than the Blaziken thread.

    Stop with the current crap or else I'll close this, which I really don't want to do because up until now this thread was civil and full of intelligent posts (mostly).
    What happened on the Blaziken thread? Was everyone complaining about how he got shipped to Ubers b/c of Speed Boost? A link to it would be nice.
    3DS Friend Code: 2363-6123-7178

    "It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death."
    — Major Motoko Kusanagi, Ghost in the Shell


    Banner by: Skiyomi
    Chapters created so far: 9
    The link is in th picture. Enjoy!

  13. #288
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GOLDENCRS View Post
    It may be amusing, and it is fun, but he is saying better players use bad Pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLDENCRS View Post
    he is saying better players use bad Pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLDENCRS View Post
    better players use bad Pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLDENCRS View Post
    bad Pokemon.
    And this is where my problem comes from. They're not "Bad" Pokemon, they're just less used. Using terms like "better" or "worse" and stuff like that is the reason I'm arguing.


    I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

  14. #289
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    SMD
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    What happened on the Blaziken thread? Was everyone complaining about how he got shipped to Ubers b/c of Speed Boost? A link to it would be nice.
    Starts at page 2


    @whateveryournameis

    sorry i said bad instead of worse. sorry i said the truth, because that is what they are compared to OU pokemon
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I call hax, type some random racial slur all in caps, then ragequit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I wish I was joking, but based off all the naked fights in my front lawn I do pretty well assuming the person isn't trying to kill me.

  15. #290
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,990

    Default

    Listen, guys. I'm sorry for acting like a ramparudos earlier. I'm not trying to get this thread closed, and I wasn't trying to start a fight. But saying UU/RU Pokemon are "bad" or "worse" is exactly my gripe. They're not "bad" or "worse" they're just used less.

    I am sorry for acting the way I did before. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in a point that I lose my head at times. I'm not really stupid, I'm just hot headed.


    I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

  16. #291
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,151

    Default

    Being OU does not make a Pokemon good.
    Being RU/UU/NU/ whatever does not make a Pokemon bad.

    However they usually are.

    An example is Bibarel. Bibarel may have some niche Simple or Unaware sets it can run in OU to some degree of success but why use Bibarel when you have SO MANY OTHER OPTIONS. Ok fine, Unaware Bibarel can check Excadrill sorta but its not doing anything else. Simple Curse Bibarel gets pretty big boosts but why not just use something that's actually dangerous without crap stats? Taunt Super Fang wallbreaker? That's a bad set overall.

    Using UU/RU Pokemon in ways that doesn't actually take advantage of some REAL niche in OU is like letting a horse poop on your chest; then when people ask why you let it do that you defend yourself by saying "well now I have all this horse poop", ignoring everyone who tries to reason with you that this isn't really a good thing either.


    An example of a UU Pokemon that is usable in OU is Cradily. Super Special Defense in the sand and Storm Drain gives an immunity to water, allowing it to function well against Rain. It gets a ton of support moves including Recover, Curse, Toxic, Confuse Ray, Swords Dance, Stealth Rocks and so on. You could find use for this in OU without just running an inferior version of something else.

  17. #292
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Being OU does not make a Pokemon good.
    Being RU/UU/NU/ whatever does not make a Pokemon bad.

    However they usually are.

    An example is Bibarel. Bibarel may have some niche Simple or Unaware sets it can run in OU to some degree of success but why use Bibarel when you have SO MANY OTHER OPTIONS. Ok fine, Unaware Bibarel can check Excadrill sorta but its not doing anything else. Simple Curse Bibarel gets pretty big boosts but why not just use something that's actually dangerous without crap stats? Taunt Super Fang wallbreaker? That's a bad set overall.

    Using UU/RU Pokemon in ways that doesn't actually take advantage of some REAL niche in OU is like letting a horse poop on your chest; then when people ask why you let it do that you defend yourself by saying "well now I have all this horse poop", ignoring everyone who tries to reason with you that this isn't really a good thing either.


    An example of a UU Pokemon that is usable in OU is Cradily. Super Special Defense in the sand and Storm Drain gives an immunity to water, allowing it to function well against Rain. It gets a ton of support moves including Recover, Curse, Toxic, Confuse Ray, Swords Dance, Stealth Rocks and so on. You could find use for this in OU without just running an inferior version of something else.
    To be fair though, and this is me personally...I do a lot of that all the time with Bibarel, or pokemon of that type. But again, there is a time and place for it, and the place usually not super-competition like the VGC.
    The Journey (Rated R)

    A pokemon adventure that will take you on a journey through the lives of budding trainers.

    3DS friend code: 2981-6128-1202

    Local Vivillon: Polar Pattern. If you want one I shall send it.

  18. #293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    Angry rant.
    You know, there's an in-game section you can hang out in if that's more tailored to your personal tastes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Using UU/RU Pokemon in ways that doesn't actually take advantage of some REAL niche in OU is like letting a horse poop on your chest; then when people ask why you let it do that you defend yourself by saying "well now I have all this horse poop", ignoring everyone who tries to reason with you that this isn't really a good thing either.
    Best. Analogy. Ever.

  19. #294
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,472

    Default

    I sent this message to MugoUrth to calm him down.

    Begin Message

    What makes a player is not the pokemon he has, but the skill of the trainer.

    Now consider this.
    What happens when a skilled trainer gets good pokemon?

    Skill only takes you but so far. In order to go far, you also need to have power, which can only be refined and perfected through skill and hard work. That's all we're trying to tell you. We're not saying that OU pokemon are the only ones you should use or that UU/RU pokemon should never be used, we're saying that OU pokemon TEND to be better options than UU/RU pokemon.

    If you don't understand what I'm saying, pay close attention to what you learn in your writing classes, or you'll always be trumped by the power of "contracts".

    End Message

    I know it sounds like something ripped out out of an action movie, but it worked.
    3DS Friend Code: 2363-6123-7178

    "It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death."
    — Major Motoko Kusanagi, Ghost in the Shell


    Banner by: Skiyomi
    Chapters created so far: 9
    The link is in th picture. Enjoy!

  20. #295
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    A place
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by complete legitimacy View Post
    this could end up being the next controversial Competitive Discussion thread.
    I don't usually like to brag, but I called this on page 3.


    Credit to Blue Harvest for the amazing banner.

  21. #296

    Default

    @MurgoUrth:

    OK i couldn't find any get the **** out pics that didn't have **** in them, and since that's censored, I can't post any of them, but please, just. LEAVE. THE. THREAD. If you're not willing to have a reasonable debate. It's fine to stand by your opinions. But standing by your opinions and trying to state them in a thread about discussion when you have absolutely nothing to back up your opinions (and a dozen people telling you that your opinions are based on flat out incorrect information) has absolutely no place in the competitive section.


    Go to the ingame sections. I honestly don't like to be this mean, but what you're trying to do has no place here. So leave please.

  22. #297
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    <
    Posts
    335

    Default

    This explains what happens in this thread (I got this idea from noobers' misc submission lol)

    Uhhh, anyone here is a suspect test voter in smogon? Because I heard Excadrill is going to be banned, and Thundurus is banned now?

  23. #298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Farfan View Post
    This explains what happens in this thread (I got this idea from noobers' misc submission lol)

    Uhhh, anyone here is a suspect test voter in smogon? Because I heard Excadrill is going to be banned, and Thundurus is banned now?
    Where'd you hear that? Pokemon voting hasn't even started yet.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  24. #299
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Farfan View Post
    This explains what happens in this thread (I got this idea from noobers' misc submission lol)

    Uhhh, anyone here is a suspect test voter in smogon? Because I heard Excadrill is going to be banned, and Thundurus is banned now?
    That cartoon strip is too funny, and it's funny b/c it's true. XD. XD. roflmfao. XD.

    and meh on Thunderus. I never could really care for training legendary pokemon. Takes too long for me to get the right one when I want to move along w/ the story.
    3DS Friend Code: 2363-6123-7178

    "It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death."
    — Major Motoko Kusanagi, Ghost in the Shell


    Banner by: Skiyomi
    Chapters created so far: 9
    The link is in th picture. Enjoy!

  25. #300
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Yeah I hate the legendaries...so much..


    I mean, so many people use them it becomes a cliche. Uber and OU otherwise. I know you can use them effectively anyway but it is too time-consuming and honestly not worth it when you have more viable pokemon that are easier to capture and train.
    The Journey (Rated R)

    A pokemon adventure that will take you on a journey through the lives of budding trainers.

    3DS friend code: 2981-6128-1202

    Local Vivillon: Polar Pattern. If you want one I shall send it.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •