Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you like/dislike Smogon's tiering process?

^I was actually more interested in how you countered the SD sweeper set. To my knowledge, Blaziken's OU counter list pretty much consists of Slowbro and Unaware Quagsire, especially in the Sun.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    ^I was actually more interested in how you countered the SD sweeper set. To my knowledge, Blaziken's OU counter list pretty much consists of Slowbro and Unaware Quagsire, especially in the Sun.
    Even Slowbro loses with +2 Shadow Claw, and Unaware Quagsire gets 2HKO'd by +0 Hi Jump Kick.

Azumarril isn't reliable in sun either if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Pretty much the same way. His defense isn't too great so with one dragon dance+ extreme speed, it can nearly KO him. But like I said, with dual screens, vaporeon can finish him off despite a SD'd hi jump kick. Without my screens, I wouldn't stand a chance in the OU tier.
    PKMN White:
    ?

1764-3853-3975

Message me for gen 5 battles. Just try and take down my haphazard team!
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterLucario View Post
    Stunfisk. That thing looks wrong everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
    Even Slowbro loses with +2 Shadow Claw, and Unaware Quagsire gets 2HKO'd by +0 Hi Jump Kick.

Azumarril isn't reliable in sun either if I remember correctly.
    Thankfully Shadow Claw wasn't too common on Blaziken. But Swagsire can come in on SD, survive a HJK, and KO with whatever, so he's actually alright.

I dont 100% agree with it, but they dont really seem like they've made any poor decisions so far, and im a little unsure on thundurus getting banned but oh well, it's pretty much sure to happen

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

This thread is so amusing. Although the purpose of this thread was for Smogon-haters to explain why they dislike the bans, the thread has been dominated unilaterally by people who claim the bans are tolerable at least.

Why? Because the thread began with some of the most experienced names in Competitive Play proclaiming their support of the Smogon tiers. Now, with everyone on the thread saying that it's okay, the people who said that Smogon was unfair won't voice their opinions for fear of being called a noob.

Maybe a thread called "why do you hate the Smogon tiers" would draw in more answers, but this thread has given us no information at all. We have not proved that any arguments against Smogon are invalid; nor have we found any faults with the Smogon system. I'm sorry, Epic Eevee, but chances are, your question about why Smogon tiers are judged so badly will not be solved here.

I'm not saying the thread is pointless. Mainly, I see it becoming a place for people to discuss the tiers (redundant thanks to the tier discussion thread) and say that Smogon is great and noobs are noobs. If that's what you want, then keep posting.
    If you're creative, don't copy and paste this into your signature (Started by 3.14kachu).

Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    I dont 100% agree with it, but they dont really seem like they've made any poor decisions so far, and im a little unsure on thundurus getting banned but oh well, it's pretty much sure to happen
    Even Gastrodon a pokemon mainly used to counter Thunderus still loses to +2 Life Orb Focus Blast if it hits twice.

Even Gastrodon a pokemon mainly used to counter Thunderus still loses to +2 Life Orb Focus Blast if it hits twice.
    i know, i just thought they would throw a poke like excadrill or latios under the bus first, i dont disagree with it but yea.

RIP Ice Grabbers

Heck, its power caused people to make Dugtrio + 5 bird teams and leaderboard.
    Ahahahaha. That's beautiful. Remind me to try that some time.

Dugtrio
    Wargle
    Dodrio
    Honchkrow
    Swellow
    Crobat

TEAM BIRDS GO

Quote Originally Posted by 3.14kachu View Post
    If that's what you want, then keep posting.
    The ironic thing here is that another well know user ( i assume at least) has made a post pointing this out, so all of the discussion should shift to agreeing with him.
    Yup I'm that guy

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post

Dugtrio
    Wargle
    Dodrio
    Honchkrow
    Swellow
    Crobat

TEAM BIRDS GO
    I am trying to find a Meme that has FizzyStardust saying, "BRAVE BIRD EVERYTHING." No luck so far.
    I call hax, type some random racial slur all in caps, then ragequit.
    I wish I was joking, but based off all the naked fights in my front lawn I do pretty well assuming the person isn't trying to kill me.

I also find those that haters the concept of tiers are uneducated in the subject. All pokemon are not equal, and it's not fair to force Beedrills to fight Kyorgues. Tiers give average pokemon a level playing field to be useful; if anything fans of the mediocre should be thankful of tiering. Dattebayo always ranted that "people will never use pokemon that aren't OU," but seriously: do 8 year-olds consult Smogon guides to make their teams for their new new pokemon game playthrough? They go for what's cute or what's cool-looking and probably never try to use something on the unorthodox side like Cosmic Power Sigilyph. Also some people don't understand that tiers are fan-made and GF doesn't make pokemon for a specific tier.

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    I also find those that haters the concept of tiers are uneducated in the subject. All pokemon are not equal, and it's not fair to force Beedrills to fight Kyorgues. Tiers give average pokemon a level playing field to be useful; if anything fans of the mediocre should be thankful of tiering. Dattebayo always ranted that "people will never use pokemon that aren't OU," but seriously: do 8 year-olds consult Smogon guides to make their teams for their new new pokemon game playthrough? They go for what's cute or what's cool-looking and probably never try to use something on the unorthodox side like Cosmic Power Sigilyph. Also some people don't understand that tiers are fan-made and GF doesn't make pokemon for a specific tier.
    Oh, god this.
    PKMN White:
    ?

1764-3853-3975

Message me for gen 5 battles. Just try and take down my haphazard team!
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterLucario View Post
    Stunfisk. That thing looks wrong everywhere

Dugtrio
    Wargle
    Dodrio
    Honchkrow
    Swellow
    Crobat

TEAM BIRDS GO
    Dugtrio
    Farfetch'd
    Pelipper
    Noctowl
    Delibird
    Unfezant

Quote Originally Posted by LetsGoJeto View Post
    Oh, god this.
    Are you seriously trying to suggest that all Pokemon are equally viable?

Well, I peaked at 62 with a UU duggy birds team. Too many Scarf Heras for it to work well.. (I guess I could run Scarf Aerial Ace Dugtrio.. but that's stupid)

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Are you seriously trying to suggest that all Pokemon are equally viable?
    Not all of them but some of them that they decide to not give an analysis for that tier which in some cases is understandable. Take Shuckle for instance and watch this video.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Not all of them but some of them that they decide to not give an analysis for that tier which in some cases is understandable. Take Shuckle for instance and watch this video.
    I'm not going to watch the video because its probably some noob Power Trick or Power share combo that's beating a terrible player.

Smogon isn't doing analysis for those Pokemon now because its primary objective is to finish OU. Once that is done and the site is up and running Shuckle in OU analysis will be allowed.

I'm not going to watch the video because its probably some noob Power Trick or Power share combo that's beating a terrible player.

Smogon isn't doing analysis for those Pokemon now because its primary objective is to finish OU. Once that is done and the site is up and running Shuckle in OU analysis will be allowed.
    How right you are. Power Share. The opponent sucked.

Meh. We got dis. Powerful vines and all. We whip 'em. With our vines. Powah Whip. :3
    In honor of AlexandriaTheMixed and Project Retribution
    Oh, the shame...

Sorry. His RU battle with Slaking's a bit better (although, he got Mummy from the opponents Cofagrigus). Then again, Smogon hasn't even started those analysis.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Well, I peaked at 62 with a UU duggy birds team. Too many Scarf Heras for it to work well.. (I guess I could run Scarf Aerial Ace Dugtrio.. but that's stupid)
    Hmm.. maybe you could try Scarf Fearow?

Also, youtube battlers usually set a poor example for the competitive pokemon community. They usually aren't very good, and a bunch of people who don't even play competitively think they are amazing. They do roulette battles and use terrible gimmicks.

You would be very suprised how many things I hear them say in their youtube vids and just facepalm because of how flawed their logic is. Just watch them for entertainment, and get examples of good players from Smogon in my opinion.

Edit:Nvm, I forgot it only gets Drill Peck.

Every ferrothorn I've faced tanks a fire punch well. Then it T-Waves me, and leech seeds/protects, and uggg. ALWAYS takes down 2-3 members of my team, even though I prepare well for it.

Meh. We got dis. Powerful vines and all. We whip 'em. With our vines. Powah Whip. :3
    In honor of AlexandriaTheMixed and Project Retribution
    Oh, the shame...

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    For the most part, their tiers are pretty spot on, and including useage stats. Seriously, if something wasnt good, why would people use it? Granted, some things may NOT be OU yet and havent been examined, but do realize that b/w only came out like a few months ago, this isnt going to be a perfect metagame right off the bat, you can't expect as good of a metagame as 4th gen OU was when 5th gen came to be. Also, i can guarantee you they dont go for what's cute and what's cool looking lol, if they went for cool looking Golurk and such would be OU lolz. Matter of fact, there are hardly any "cute" pokemon in OU xD

RIP Ice Grabbers

I don't think they are ban happy. The only pokemon that actually DO end up being banned are pokemon that truly should be.

A lot of people are upset that Blaziken with blaze and Garchomp without sand veil is also banned. I personally think that Mew should be in BL or OU.

Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

Quote Originally Posted by emboarrocks View Post
    A lot of people are upset that Blaziken with blaze and Garchomp without sand veil is also banned. I personally think that Mew should be in BL or OU.
    Mew was actually pretty close to a BL ban a couple of rounds ago, though it was voted safe this past round. It may get nominated for a ban again, but until it's deemed broken in UU or more people start using it in OU (they should, it's pretty good), it looks like Mew will be UU for a while.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast