Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Purrloin: Sweet or Sneaky? (705)

This episode was just alright for me. The only thing remotely entertaining was when Meowth and Oshawott discovered Purrloin was male.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

A good episode. Funny how Purrloin turned out to be a guy at the end. And Team Rocket are planning something big at the end.

Fine episode. Like previous posters said, it was hilarious about Purrloin being male and Meowth and Oshawott were surprised. And Team Rocket up to no good again.

Cilain's reaction to purrloin is like Dawn's Dee Dee problem. (and I would like to see the reason.)

Purrloin being reaveled male was a small surprise for me. And I like the word dude being mentoned in the show.

Good thing Meowth and Oshawott Didn't kiss Purrloin, It would have be hilarious with them like "Eeeewww dude germs!!!" Spitting
    Last edited by Sushi; 21st April 2012 at 5:48 PM.

A nice episode. Basically, Meowth and Oshawott fall in love with a purrloin. The Purrloin is very devious and is trying to steel the food in Ash's bag so it leads them into a cave by tricking them. Purrloin succeeds but then the gang get into trouble. Purrloin's trainer rushes in, which purrloin thought abandoned him, and tries to tell purrloin that it didn't abandon him. Then Cilan and trainer get trapped with the rest of the gang so purrloin goes to help. The gang then get saved and meowth and oshawott find out that purrloin is a guy.

Some other things to note. I really want to find out why Cilan is afraid of purrloin because it reminds me of Dawn's Dee Dee phobia as someone has mentioned earlier. Also, Team Rockets dialogue seems to go along with Meowth's story of leaving team rocket, however it could just be cleverly phrased so its actually James who is worried about being away (maybe on a mission) instead of Meowth being booted out of team rocket but I am leaning towards believing Meowth's story.

Anyway nice episode .
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

I rather enjoyed this episode, Purrloin's devious ways were a joy to watch. The poor thing, having his trainer breaking her arm like that.

Even in this brief time, it was nice to see Purrloin reconcile with his trainer and with that flock of Tranquil too. A very nice episode.

I am also enjoying this extended build-up to the Subway two-parter!
    {Insert signature here}

This episode was OK. The plot with "Oh my god you abandoned me so now I turn evil" is kind of stupid, but I enjoyed the evil Purrloin. I would give this episode a 3/5, it was just meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Zek View Post
    This episode was OK. The plot with "Oh my god you abandoned me so now I turn evil" is kind of stupid, but I enjoyed the evil Purrloin. I would give this episode a 3/5, it was just meh.
    I don't consider someone who steals food to be evil. Its not like he blew up a building.

Can't Pokemon tell what the other's gender is like most animals? It seems weird that neither Oshawott or Meowth, who's a member of the feline group, didn't know.

My ideal battle ever!

Purrloin's voice sounded like a man gargling water. xD

"glurrblg loin... purr..blarb"

So the writer's are recycling the Meowth falls in love again & for a extra twist we throw in Oshawott & make Purrloin a guy. Pikachu is right not to trust Meowth Ash, on countless times he's lied, tried to steal your Pokemon, your friends Pokemon, & put your life in danger plenty of times, & you want to trust him now just cause cause he helped you get Axew back.

Also all that time Misha was at the hospital & not once did she ever try to contact her Purrloin via phone, or even send a friend or family to check up on it, wow no wonder Purrloin thought you abandoned him Misha you practically did.

Very lazy writing makes for horrible filler.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I enjoyed the episode as much as the Japanese version.

Purrloin's voice was odd to me. Although I don't think it was bad or anything.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I'm watching the episode right now. I'll give some more of my opinions later but I'd just like to say: what the hell is with Cilan's voice? It has sounded a lot less deep and more younger than usual

edit: UGH. Meowth is alliterating.
    Last edited by Endoplasmic Reticulum; 5th December 2011 at 8:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Battra View Post
    Also all that time Misha was at the hospital & not once did she ever try to contact her Purrloin via phone, or even send a friend or family to check up on it, wow no wonder Purrloin thought you abandoned him Misha you practically did.

First of all, I didn't know that if you call, a Pokemon can answer the phone anyways, so why bother. Second thing is, I think the girl was a traveler like Ash. So that means that her family or relatives might have not been close enough to reach Purrioin before she could. It's like if Ash was to tell Delia to go check up on his Charizard because he is all the way in Unova. It's dumb. And what if the girl had died or something?
    If we look back at the Lucario movie where it had claim that his master had abandoned him which wasn't the case at all. I wish this show wouldn't make some trainers out to be monsters when they clearly aren't. While they excuse people like Paul to keep being an ***.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    I'm watching the episode right now. I'll give some more of my opinions later but I'd just like to say: what the hell is with Cilan's voice? It has sounded a lot less deep and more younger than usual

edit: UGH. Meowth is alliterating.
    He alliterated like once or twice, it's really not a big deal. It's unlikely to become a pattern as long as the TRio stays serious.

The team rocket fascination really confuses me. I could understand how new fans to the series would be impressed but they aren't doing anything new. They've done nothing since the start of Best Wishes that would solidify them as dangerous or even emerging criminals. They're basically still innocuous but not funny.
    So that's what kids call it these days...

But it's just cool how they have all these missions. You may not see them that often, but like you have no idea what they're up to or what they're gonna do.

They were much cooler pre BW025 though, but they're still okay now. I just miss that motif that would play whenever you see them up to something. It plays in BW041, but not for too long

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    First of all, I didn't know that if you call, a Pokemon can answer the phone anyways, so why bother.
    Hey, maybe the Purrloin has been trained to answer the phone. It's possible. I mean, he can walk on two legs, right? So why not answer a phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Battra View Post
    So the writer's are recycling the Meowth falls in love again & for a extra twist we throw in Oshawott & make Purrloin a guy. Pikachu is right not to trust Meowth Ash, on countless times he's lied, tried to steal your Pokemon, your friends Pokemon, & put your life in danger plenty of times, & you want to trust him now just cause cause he helped you get Axew back.

To be fair, Misha could have been in a coma or something. She did say it was a terrible accident.

Just because a little bit is left to the imagination, it doesn't mean that the writers are lazy or untalented.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    But it's just cool how they have all these missions. You may not see them that often, but like you have no idea what they're up to or what they're gonna do.

They were much cooler pre BW025 though, but they're still okay now. I just miss that motif that would play whenever you see them up to something. It plays in BW041, but not for too long
    My problem is that they haven't met Team Plasma yet. If they would do that then I could possibly get behind this sub-plot. If Team Rocket is going to do anything serious then it would probably be along the lines of foiling Team Plasma.

I watched this episode the other day. This whole thing with Meowth travelling with Ash and friends definitely seems very suspicious. And when they go to Jessie and James, do you notice that while they talk about Meowth, they never say anything about him being fired? Just... suspicious, to me.

^ My UU Team ^

VM me for Gen V battles!

My Facebook | My PokeCommunity

Purrloin being male in the end was hilarious, aswell as a bit disturbing.
    Formerly, Chariking

Quote Originally Posted by ~-Overheat-~ View Post
    Purrloin being male in the end was hilarious, aswell as a bit disturbing.
    yeah but it was a great episode; best wishes (black and white) is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
    I found it additionally amusing that it was Iris who wanted to catch it. She likes problem Pokemon.
    It's not that surprising. It's like when Ash wanted to catch that Fearow that was attacking the Pidgey and Pidgeotto before the Orange Islands, and when he DID catch the Snorlax that was eating that woman's oranges. Also, there was the Taillow that was eating their food, but I think that may have had less to do with Taillow eating their food and more to do with Taillow taking too much damage from Pikachu but refusing to give up.

Hahah, oh wow, funny episode. Like everyone said, the last part was the highlight of the episode. The way Purrloin's trainer said it was a guy was just outright hilarious.

Meowth and Oshawott's reaction was too funny.

I also found the backstory between Purrloin and his trainer really saddening, but I'm glad they reunited now.

Also, does this seem familiar a little? Any reference to some classic movie about some Lion becoming king?
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/b4e343.jpg[/IMG]

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I had missed this episode last week as well as the one yesterday. (I'm getting forgetful in my age) But i liked this episode too and just like the rest of y'all,the ending had me rolling too! Can't believe PUSA actually got away with it.

Personally, I think Purrloin maybe the best/most interesting cat-type Pokemon yet.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast