Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: July Plot Discussion

Default July Plot Discussion

The new plot.

http://club.shogakukan.co.jp/

I see Hoopa's ring.

Now, we confirm that this machine really use the energy of Pokemon's life.
    Last edited by e9310103838; 1st May 2015 at 1:23 AM.

in FRLG, Kanto team fought against Deoxys
    in HGSS, Johto trio fought against Arceus
    then in ORAS the trio might meet Hoopa ))
    I wonder how Kusaka will connect Hoopa with Delta Episode
    My Top Favorite Pokemon

Well, that portal makes sense here. In the Abandoned... er... Sea Mauville, the unstable portal summons Lugia or Ho-oh depending on version.
    And so far, all the remake arcs dealt with events as the main plot. Aurora Ticket event (Birth Island) for FRLG, and the Sinjoh Ruins event in HGSS. And while ORAS has the ever-so-abused Delta Episode plot, it would probably feature whatever in-game event Hoopa brings to ORAS.
    Looking for that ONE Pokemon that you've always wanted but just couldn't get because of the high costs?
    Visit my shop and make a request! It'll only cost you Rare Candies and PP Ups (or PP Max). PT's Perfect Shiny Shop. The simple solution.

Image credits to: FairyWitch

I see that some of Emerald's old habits are still there.

He. He. He...

Quote Originally Posted by DX 2401PT View Post
    Well, that portal makes sense here. In the Abandoned... er... Sea Mauville, the unstable portal summons Lugia or Ho-oh depending on version.
    And so far, all the remake arcs dealt with events as the main plot. Aurora Ticket event (Birth Island) for FRLG, and the Sinjoh Ruins event in HGSS. And while ORAS has the ever-so-abused Delta Episode plot, it would probably feature whatever in-game event Hoopa brings to ORAS.
    I doesn't have an event. We just get the Pokemon and then the item to make it transform in the Mart.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 30th April 2015 at 4:43 PM.

Well, at least we know Kusaka still has Sird in mind.

Is Blaise talking about bringing back Maxie and Archie back?

Emerald, you're gonna make Ho-oh angry on what you are doing!!! (That is where you find Ho-oh right?) But still, Blaise saw Team Rocket take the plates? And paid the price too

I bet Viz will edit that last panel to: Emerald trying to jump off the pier (or crane or whatever that is).

Interesting chapter that is quite dialogue based:

Amber feels indifferent to Blaise's suggestion to join forces, and Blaise teases that Amber isn't confident enough for it. But then he notices that the water left by Gorebyss's attack is pooling on its own around him, subsequently striking out to hit him. Blaise realizes that this is Amber's specialty, where a single water drop of Gorebyss's can create a ripple that matches the power of a Hydro Pump. When and where the attack will materialize is also unpredictable. This echoes Amber's name (Shizuku, which means water drop), and his nickname 'the drop of horror'. At the beginning of the chapter, Amber also referenced Amber's name (Hokage, which means fire shadow, echoing his fire illusion trick). Blaise thinks its sad that their meeting has to start with a fight, but reveals that the true reason he is asking for acquaintance from Amber is related to the Scanner, which he has kept all these years. We get a flashback that Blaise actually witnessed how Giovanni and the Three Beasts took the remnants of the Red and Blue Orbs, but Giovanni's intimidation made Blaise immobilized and unable to do anything at that time but to watch the pieces taken away to Kanto. Blaise reveals that his Scanner is having a response again, which means that the Red and Blue Orb remnants have been brought back to Hoenn. He has no idea who, but postulates that it could either be the ones who took it (Giovanni/Three Beasts), someone who snatched the pieces from them, or that their leaders have resurfaced and reclaimed the orbs and returned to Hoenn. Amber is astonished by the news and urges to know where the orb remnants are, but Amber makes him promise to collaborate first. Amber agrees, and secretly wishes that Team Aqua can be revived, and that he could meet his former comrades again. Blaise, in his mind, mocks Amber for only having his eyes on rekindling lost friendship. He actually knows that there are more secrets to the ancient titans and the orbs (referring to their primal forms), but decides to keep it to himself for now.

Gabby and Ty decide to set off to find out what Ruby is up to since Gabby is worried about what Ruby said (about being his last visit to the Contests). Absol shows itself (turns out no one was aware of its presence in the prequel it seems) and while Gabby is happy to begin with, they realize that its return means that something catastrophic is going to happen. Gabby relates it to Ruby's words, and tells Absol to take them to where they should go.

Meanwhile, the group arrives at Sea Mauville, and Drake comments that it used to belong to the Greater Mauville Holdings (which Joseph Stone calls the rival corporation of Devon). Sapphire wishes that she had time to study its habitat, and Emerald also wishes to collect some soil sample. Mr. Stone gives them the greenlight as they need time to move the Absorber from the S.S. Tidal, and both kids happily wander off. Emerald locates a room of dolls, and finds a Plusle and Minun pair which are different from the others, being new and clean. He ends up getting zapped as they are real, and Sapphire recognizes them.

That evening, Ultima is sleepless because of the meteor and 'threat to Devon' mess she heard from Steven. Moreover, she is unsettled by the Absorber she saw, which is supposed to drain a Pokemon's life energy and convert it to power the warp device. She wants to know what Briney thinks, and Briney says he doesn't know either, but is doing what he could since their planet could be ending soon.

Emerald wakes from his sleep, overhears a bit of Steven and Joseph's conversation (about keeping the meteor a secret from Sapphire), but thinks it's adult talk. He goes off to take a leak at the deck, where a golden ring materializes behind him...

==================================

Nice that they give a nod to Amber (Shizuku)'s name, although I remember hearing 'Drop of Horror' somewhere before. The fact that they are linking the Red and Blue Orb remnant (the Ruby/Sapphire plates) pleases me. Last I remember they should be in the hands of Bill and Celio though. I wonder if Blaise learnt of of the primal stuff from other Kindlers?

Ok now so the Absorber here is identical to the ones used to drain the life energy of Xerneas and Yveltal by Team Flare (the same name is used by Malva and Xerosic in recent XY chapters). ORAS and XY are definitely going to be linked in some way then. We don't know when XY takes place, but I assume it's after ORAS. So maybe Lysandre (or Malva?) will show up at the end of ORAS and take/steal the technology? I also don't remember if the Great Mauville Holdings was a rival company to Devon in the games.

And Hoopa, finally. It's only fitting that it should be one of the main focus of ORAS since its rings are basically scattered across the new Hoenn in the games. I used to think Hoopa is to Palkia what Celebi is to Dialga in some way (traveller/user vs ruler). But the revelation of Unbound Hoopa and the fact that its ring draw in higher legends including Palkia makes me wonder what deity tier this little thing belongs to.

Edit: so I reread the deal about Infinite Energy (supposedly what this Absorber is about). AZ was the original creator, at least the Ultimate Weapon was a prototype. The ancestors of the Stone family learnt the technique and used it in Devon. So Lysandre and Team Flare don't necessarily have to take/steal it from Devon. Though it remains uncanny that the technology would end up with a machine with the same design (and name) after so many years in two separate regions.

Coronis~
    Last edited by Coronis; 30th April 2015 at 5:49 PM.

Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

Nice to see Plusle and Minun again. Emerald's bathroom habit...not so much.

I'm glad that Hoopa and the Primals are showing up.

I was worried that the implication of the Primals in the prologue was a Red Herring and they were doing the Delta Episode only.

Since we see Hoopa's Hyperspace Hole, will it or some Legends come out? Since this takes place before DP and BW, I won't expect any of the Sinnoh or Unova Legends to be featured.

So that leaves the Johto Legendaries. Raikou is with Anabel, so it's out of the question, but we haven't seen Entei, Ho-Oh, or Lugia since GSC. It'll probably be Ho-Oh considering where Emerald is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post

The fact that they are linking the Red and Blue Orb remnant (the Ruby/Sapphire plates) pleases me. Last I remember they should be in the hands of Bill and Celio though.
    Well, it's been a few years. Maybe they gave them to science.

We don't know when XY takes place, but I assume it's after ORAS. So maybe Lysandre (or Malva?) will show up at the end of ORAS and take/steal the technology?.
    Didn't Sycamore have that report by Rowan, confirming it was at least after DP and Pt?
    Last edited by lolipiece; 30th April 2015 at 8:03 PM.

Ho-oh wakes up, looks through the portal, sees Emerald... desecrating the place, and gets mad.

I wonder if Emerald's soil-shotgun (given his new attire) will work against Legendary Pokemon. For Ho-oh... get a chunk of the Tin Tower?
    Looking for that ONE Pokemon that you've always wanted but just couldn't get because of the high costs?
    Visit my shop and make a request! It'll only cost you Rare Candies and PP Ups (or PP Max). PT's Perfect Shiny Shop. The simple solution.

Image credits to: FairyWitch

Quote Originally Posted by DX 2401PT View Post
    Ho-oh wakes up, looks through the portal, sees Emerald... desecrating the place, and gets mad.

I wonder if Emerald's soil-shotgun (given his new attire) will work against Legendary Pokemon. For Ho-oh... get a chunk of the Tin Tower?
    Ecruteak would probably work just fine.

And if he still has soil from Faraway Island, it would probably work there. I wouldn't be surprised if the E-Shooter didn't work on Legends. If he could just shoot Groudon or Kyogre, it'd be too easy.

I'm glad that Sea Mauville has been shown and omg @ Hoopa's ring showing up behind Emerald. I so hope that Ho-Oh pops out of it like in the games.

So now that Hoopa's confirmed, maybe we will get a straight up adaption of the movie alongside Delta. We may get a ton of cameos from previous legendary pokemon alongside the primals

@lolipiece: I wouldn't rule out any Sinnoh or Unova legendaries. The creation trio appeared in HGSS despite taking place before DPPT
    Last edited by Red and Blue; 30th April 2015 at 8:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    So now that Hoopa's confirmed, maybe we will get a straight up adaption of the movie alongside Delta. We may get a ton of cameos from previous legendary pokemon alongside the primals

@lolipiece: I wouldn't rule out any Sinnoh or Unova legendaries. The creation trio appeared in HGSS despite taking place before DPPT
    That's because they were created by Arceus. If HGSS didn't happen, then Team Galactic's goal wouldn't have worked.

And given how B2W2 hasn't even finished, it would be a bit redundant to feature Unova Legendaries when Unova's story is still going.

About the 19th anniversary project, they seem to intend to make the electronic comic for PMSP, oh.

What's that?

Is it like the voiced comics that the Card Game XY manga got a while back? Or something more akin to the Ranger comics?

The Pokedex added Alder's Escavalier, N's Darmanitan, and Trish's Heatmor.

And XY volume 3 will be out on June 26.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 1st May 2015 at 2:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    What's that?

Is it like the voiced comics that the Card Game XY manga got a while back? Or something more akin to the Ranger comics?

The Pokedex added Alder's Escavalier, N's Darmanitan, and Trish's Heatmor.

And XY volume 3 will be out on June 26.
    This mean like ORAS, the volumes (1-52, and XY volumes) will launch the electronic comic ver.

Oh. An online release of previously-released material.

How boring.

At least people will be able to get into the series easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    I also don't remember if the Great Mauville Holdings was a rival company to Devon in the games.
    I don't remember if it was mentioned by that specific name, but the revamped story of ORAS adds in mentions of a Mauville company which rivaled Devon in the past, but ultimately went under and was forced to shut down their facilities, namely New Mauville and Sea Mauville/the Abandoned Ship. Captain Stern was an employee for the company, and I think maybe Wattson was too, but I could be wrong. I believe Devon is mentioned to be specifically avoiding the mistakes that the Mauville company made in the past.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

About the timeline, ORAS after RS 4 years later reconfirmed.

So, Ruby is 15, Sapphire is 14-15, Emerald is 14.

Hmm. I just had a thought.

This chapter ends at night, right? Is this the same night Ruby is at the Sky Pillar, or are we down another day?

We haven't seen the counter since chapter 3 so I'm just wondering.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 2nd May 2015 at 10:50 AM.

I just want to know how megas existing before XY, and even befire 3 major arcs is gonna make sense. I mean, this takes olace before, DPt, BW and B2W2 right? I assume B2W2 might do something with colress, but the other 2? Just makes no sense. Unless Ruby goes into hiding or something.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    I just want to know how megas existing before XY, and even befire 3 major arcs is gonna make sense. I mean, this takes olace before, DPt, BW and B2W2 right? I assume B2W2 might do something with colress, but the other 2? Just makes no sense. Unless Ruby goes into hiding or something.
    Mega Evolution has existed for 3000 years. It doesn't matter if Ruby uses it before X because it's happened long before its introduction in XY.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 2nd May 2015 at 1:00 PM.

Still, it irks me to no end that due to obvious reasons, auch a major plot device just is sitting there in the middle of things. I hope to god its explained why it has no place elsewhere.
    BLAH

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast