Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: September Plot Discussion

Default September Plot Discussion

New ORAS plot discussion.

Oh my..that had to hurt.

It feels like there is a lot of stuff left to happen.

You know, at first I was thinking "man I hope Rayquaza rejects Zinnia and smacks her off her high horse (er, dragon) for all the c*ap she's pulled so far" but I wasn't expecting him to straight up stab her. I mean yeah, it turned out to be non-fatal but dang, for a second there I thought we just saw her die.

Also how did Ruby just tank that blast?

Quote Originally Posted by Takaro_SoL View Post
    You know, at first I was thinking "man I hope Rayquaza rejects Zinnia and smacks her off her high horse (er, dragon) for all the c*ap she's pulled so far" but I wasn't expecting him to straight up stab her. I mean yeah, it turned out to be non-fatal but dang, for a second there I thought we just saw her die.

Same way he tanked a Dragon Claw at age 5?

Realistically, his head probably would've been ripped clean off. People in Pokespe are made of iron.

Harcore rayquaza backs!!!
    I'm feel sorry for zinnia (she's my favourite character of the game)

Quote Originally Posted by Takaro_SoL View Post
    Easy - he had a Focus Sash on him. :P

Hate Zinnia, not mad about her getting shanked by Rayquaza.

Well that's what she gets for blasting Ruby like two pages earlier lol

I feel bad for her. That scene where Sapphire scream and save Ruby was wonderful <3 I think Emerald will Unbound Hoopa next chapter! And our handsome Giovanni should be the one leading the show now once Zinnia has solved her problem.

Why did Rayquaza do all that to Zinnia?

Ruby must really hate having near death experiences with Salamence, namely that particular one

Wow, that's quite a bloody chapter.

Brief summary:
    Zinnia is determined to knock Ruby and Sapphire off Rayquaza and sends forth Salamence to attack. Ruby and Sapphire fight back with Gardevoir and Gallade, the former using Misty Terrain. However, apart from Salamence's attack, they also get hit unexpected from Noivern, which turns out to be Aster's. Rayquaza (and Sapphire) sense the presence of Aster on Noivern, which is why Rayquaza flies after it. But Zinnia uses the chance to blast Ruby off. Sapphire regains her voice in her scream, and decides to hop off Rayquaza to save the boy. Zinnia is finally alone with Rayquaza, and mentions about her quest to seek it out since she freed it from the Johto research building. She mentions how she manipulated TA and TM to awaken Kyogre and Groudon, but Rayquaza ended up being used by people it didn't have a bond with (Norman), which was why it left with rage at the end of the RS chapter. She pleads to Rayquaza to be her partner, but to her shock, the dragon lord stabs her with its tail and blasts her off into the sea.

Ruby and Sapphire are saved by Tropius and meet up with Emerald. Emerald wonders if the soil from the Draconids' Village could calm Rayquaza, and we learn that Latios has rescued Zinnia and brought her to Sootopolis. As everyone gathers, Joseph and Steven Stone also arrive, and Joseph decides to voice out his apology to Zinnia on behalf of Devon. He recalls how they thought they could control Rayquaza like the Draconids did with science, and thus made an irreparable mistake at the Embedded Tower (I assume he is implying that Aster got killed). He pleads that their aim was purely to save the planet, and thus asks for Zinnia's forgiveness. However, Zinnia mocks that he is not really apologizing and points out the arrogance in his words. She states that he still believes that his science can do anything, and says he didn't think of what would happen to the warped asteroid which may fall upon another life-bearing planet (she didn't really mention the parallel universe concept here, just says there may be another lifebearing planet). She wonders if her people who opposed to her trying to fill in Aster's shoes were right all along, and breaks down in tears.

Emerald thinks it's irresponsible for them to give up now after getting so many people involved, and states that there must be something else they can do...

===================================

I guess this chapter wraps up Zinnia's plot somehow. Many wonder why Rayquaza lashes out at Zinnia, and I don't think it's well explained. Either it's angry because Zinnia 'tricked' it to thinking that Aster was still around, the fact that she blasted off Ruby, whom it had agreed to form partnership with, or perhaps after knowing that it was Zinnia's doing to awake Groudon/Kyogre and caused so much crisis in the RS chapter, it decides to punish her for her wrong methods?

I hope we do get more than 2 more chapters since we seem to have so much left to cram in. Mega Rayquaza formally mega evolving, Unbound Hoopa, Mega Beedrill, and we still don't know if Volcanion ends up here or in XY. Perhaps Emerald did find something at the Scorch Slab? The Prison Bottle of Hoopa? Or Volcanion? Some meteors that Rayquaza's supposed to swallow like the games?

Interestingly, Emerald still has the Green Orb on his belt when it should have given away and now in Ruby and Sapphire's possession.

Coronis~

Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    Well that's what she gets for blasting Ruby like two pages earlier lol
    To be frank, Zinnia deserved everything that's coming to her from ruining Devon Corporation's plan in destroying the asteroids to leaving Sapphire for dead. I was expecting Rayquaza to reject her assistance, similar to what happened in the Delta episode from the main games, but not in a way for Rayquaza to nearly kill her with his tail. Sometimes, I would feel sorry for Zinnia, but given the way she ruins everything in the plot, you could not help but feel it was a satisfying comeuppance to her evil doings. Hopefully, she will redeem herself in the next chapters.
    Last edited by XY&Z Legend; 5th July 2016 at 9:17 PM.
    "Respect the old, search for the new".

July 29, 2016: The Big G Rises Again!!

Year of the Monkey: Year of the Infernape

Quote Originally Posted by XY&Z Legend View Post
    To be frank, Zinnia deserved everything that's coming to her from ruining Devon Corporation's plan in destroying the asteroids to leaving Sapphire for dead. I was expecting Rayquaza to reject her assistance, similar to what happened in the Delta episode from the main games, but not in a way for Rayquaza to nearly kill her with his tail. Sometimes, I would feel sorry for Zinnia, but given the way she ruins everything in the plot, you could not help but feel it was a satisfying comeuppance to her evil doings. Hopefully, she will redeem herself in the next chapters.
    Hey, can we, like, not do the calling people "evil" thing?

May I remind you that Devon was responsible for Aster's death? (Probably, hopefully accidentally, but still.)

And the whole Infinity Energy thing, too?

These people aren't evil. Misguided in their attempts to save the world, maybe, but evil is a stretch.

Either way, I'm surprised they used the alternate dimension line. I'm glad that they changed it to Zinnia speculating instead of the stupid "my clan knew about it the whole time" nonsense from the games.

Uh, huh. Sure they did. I hated that particular plot line. It made no sense and was never mentioned afterwards.

Just picked up XY volume 5. Nothing much has been changed from the magazine version apart from some minor dialogue change. They call the wild Scyther the 'battle companion' of Pinsir now instead of rival, although it doesn't really make much difference in the context.

We have a page dedicated to Zygarde at the end of the volume, which mentions about it being the Watcher of Kalos's ecosystem, its residence at the Terminus Cave, how it absorbed cellular objects into its body, and how Essentia caught it. It also mentions that it knows the move Land's Wrath, in which it 'gathers up the land's energy to unleash a powerful move'. It alludes to the 'light' emanated from Zygarde's body the moment it was caught by Essentia. Perhaps they are implying that Zygarde was in the process of unleashing Land's Wrath when it got caught? To me, this just adds to the misery of poor Zygarde. Getting caught as it tries to unleash it signature move.

We also get a preview of volume 6 which is confirmed to be the final Kalos volume. It mentions about X and Lysandre clashing at the Pokemon Village, and we see the silhouettes of Mega Mewtwo X and Y. We also see those of Mega Charizard X and Y who have already appeared in the latest magazine chapter. The sentence reads 'Zygarde, Mewtwo and Charizard!! The ultimate battle that involves legends and Mega Pokemon!!'. Somehow this gives me the bad feeling that Mewtwo is ending up in Lysandre's hands. As I've said before, Lysandre's current strongest Pokemon is his Mega Gyarados. Zygarde is likely being a third party with Essentia. Unless Mewtwo fights as a fourth part (on behalf of the Pokemon?), there would be no match if Mewtwo is to side with the protagonists, especially with Xerneas and Yveltal out of the way now. I certainly hope my guess is wrong because Mewtwo in PKSP has too deep a character to become some evil boss's tool again.

Coronis~

Could Mewtwo simply just team up with Blue? It helped him (and the other Kanto dex holders) in the FRLG chapter.

Perhaps Lysandre has one of the Mewtwonites and Green could have the other one. It's the only way to show both Mega Evolutions.
    It would also probably explain what is Green doing in Kalos a second time (Or was that already cleared up?)

You know, speaking of Zygarde, I have to wonder.

The new SM info confirms that Zygarde does have multiple Cores. I assumed that was an anime thing just to keep Squishy from going full power whenever it wants.

Plus, it says that "there's another 50% Forme outside of Alola".

We see our Zygarde clearly trying to go Complete by absorbing Cells, so I wonder if that will get retconned somehow.

But then again, it doesn't have to be used here.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat! View Post
    Perhaps Lysandre has one of the Mewtwonites and Green could have the other one. It's the only way to show both Mega Evolutions.
    It would also probably explain what is Green doing in Kalos a second time (Or was that already cleared up?)
    He was looking for Zygarde.

Zinnia is a massive b*tch and totally deserved what happened to her, evil or not. It's probably a tad brutal, but it's still satisfying to hear after all the crap she's done in both the games and manga.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtndrew24
    spoiler ansem isnt ansem but is actually pretending to be ansem as riku inside ansem pretending to be ansem

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    You know, speaking of Zygarde, I have to wonder.

The new SM info confirms that Zygarde does have multiple Cores. I assumed that was an anime thing just to keep Squishy from going full power whenever it wants.

Plus, it says that "there's another 50% Forme outside of Alola".

We see our Zygarde clearly trying to go Complete by absorbing Cells, so I wonder if that will get retconned somehow.

But then again, it doesn't have to be used here.
    I'm not quite sure how Zygarde exactly works because there seem to be some inconsistencies. We know that 10% consists of a single core and Complete has 'one core per wing/tail' which means it has 5 cores at least? I'm sure sure if it has 2 or 4 wings. The question is, how many cores are needed to sustain its 50% forme. In the anime we see that a single core can reach 50%, and technically it doesn't add up because that means 2 cores are already enough to reach 100%. Unless, of course, when a core absorbs cells, it also absorbs other cores in the process. The other question is whether Complete requires all Zygarder particles (cores and cells) to be complete. It would be kinda funny if there are still some extra cores/cells hanging around when we get a Complete Zygarde so to speak. That said, the number of cores in a Complete Zygarde should be the number of cores in total lying around the world.

And I'm not sure the 'equal amount of power waiting to be brought together out in the world' means outside of Alola, since it could mean 'out there in the wild in addition to this 50% Zygarde'. The Japanese version says '50% of all cells are needed to construct this 50% forme, so there are still an equal amount out there'.

Coronis~

Quote Originally Posted by Karxrida View Post
    Zinnia is a massive b*tch and totally deserved what happened to her, evil or not. It's probably a tad brutal, but it's still satisfying to hear after all the crap she's done in both the games and manga.
    Can't WAIT for the anime version of her... As if there weren't enough characters of the day to hate in the anime. :P

You know, I just LOVE to have my suggestions ignored.

Also, fun fact: The anime section has a rule against character-bashing.

It would be very nice if you read up on it, because that should definitely be a thing here as well.

Please and thank you.

Wait, 6 volumes only for Kalos? Wouldn't that make it the shortest arc ever for a region, especially so considering how there is no continuation after XY? Don't tell me we are going to have to wait tll they get far enough into SM to have a continuation for Zygarde or something. In that case wouldn't that meaj there are implications for Kalos to still have a role next gen for the games as well?
    BLAH

7 volumes, technically. There are the Pokemon Fan rounds.
    Where'd I put my mallet?

There's also the possibility of extra material being added in the volumes. ...We're probably gonna need it.

At this rate, it'll end at sixty-something.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast