Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: August Plot Discussion

Default August Plot Discussion

Did we forget or did the pattern was off this month?

Visiting Serebii.net
    everyday since the
    ~ Year 2000 ~
    during the Summer

Quote Originally Posted by Jade View Post
    Did we forget or did the pattern was off this month?
    Chapters of ORAS come out on the first Tuesday of the month, at 12:00 AM, Japan Standard Time.

No less, no later.

There was no thread because it doesn't come out until today.

Oh wow. So it seems that Archie and Maxie were the real things after all. After they 'died' previously, their consciousness entered the Distorted World. At one point, they became one (that probably explains why they had an interchange of personality). When an opening to the Distortion World was created (the time Giratina entered it after the Sinjoh events, which proves that ORAS takes place after HGSS), the two heard a calling from Groudon and Kygore. Somehow the took form as humans again in Kanto, obtained Mega Evolution (it doesn't explain how) and the rest is history. In this chapter we see the two of them disintegrating because time is up.

Nothing much regarding Giovanni, Red and Blue actually. Giovanni simply points out that with the combined efforts of the titans they barely managed to destroy a small asteroid, which means they obviously can't handle the bigger one. Ruby and Sapphire manage to figure out that Rayquaza needs to Mega Evolve. And Zinnia returns.

Coronis~
    Last edited by Coronis; 6th June 2016 at 4:30 PM.

Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

Hm, so Archie and Maxie somehow obtained Mega Evolution in Kanto? Given that Red and Blue also have Key Stones, did something happen there that introduced Mega Evolution to the region like what happened in Hoenn and Kalos all those thousands of years ago?

Also, awe, I feel bad for Amber and Blaise.
    Where'd I put my mallet?

The Distortion World? Is that thing hell or the spirit world now?
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

Huh, well props to Kusaka for actually leaving dead characters dead(-ish). Gotta say, that goodbye was actually kinda sad. Made me feel something. Which is kinda impressive since I didn't understand a word of it while reading.

Think anyone else is going to wield the Primal Reversion, or would that just be redundant.

Also how will things go with Zinnia's reappearance.

Find out next time on Pokespe, I guess

Zinnia's got two Mega Anklets now.

Guess that fifth Key Stone was Aster's after all.

How long do we have left till this arc ends? About 3-5 episodes/chapters? And are Red and Green actually going to do something?

I'm surprised they put the Distortion World in this plot. Unless it actually turns up in the ORAS game and something. Still quite surprised. Okay this might be a annoying question but I hope it can get answered just so I know where everything stands. ORAS takes place after HGSS, right? Does ORAS happen before or after DPPt?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham! Sereevee or Serevee equals Serena+Eevee!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I'm surprised they put the Distortion World in this plot. Unless it actually turns up in the ORAS game and something. Still quite surprised. Okay this might be a annoying question but I hope it can get answered just so I know where everything stands. ORAS takes place after HGSS, right? Does ORAS happen before or after DPPt?
    Before.

Also, Zinnia's last line is "Lend me your power, Aster."

Are we finally going go get a design for her?! Please, Kusaka.

I need a design for her since Game Freak couldn't be bothered to do so.

mmm... I think the chapter will finish in October or November.
    I hope that red, blue and Giovanni have more participation and not leave them as filled characters. It would be a wasted of pages

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    The Distortion World? Is that thing hell or the spirit world now?
    If I remember correctly, the reason both Archie and Maxie originally died was linked to a suit of armor that was from Sinnoh in origin, specifically from the myth of Veilstone and the Sendoff Spring. So I'm not surprised they ended up in Giratina's world, when the Sendoff Spring is basically a transdimensional cemetery and Giratina is implied to be the Pokémon in that myth.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Chapters of ORAS come out on the first Tuesday of the month, at 12:00 AM, Japan Standard Time.

No less, no later.

There was no thread because it doesn't come out until today.
    ahh thanks. Was curious and forgive me for being out of the loop for so long as i mostly lurks nowadays. These chapters as of late looks promising

P.s. Realise its a first thread i made in this forum since dec 2008 lol

Visiting Serebii.net
    everyday since the
    ~ Year 2000 ~
    during the Summer

I find it somewhat interesting how the Dex Holders who don't have personal connections to one another, either by being from the same Gen or other connections (i.e. Blue and Green with Silver, Red with Gold, Crystal with Emerald) don't seem to acknowledge one another all that much. For example, Yellow didn't (completely) recognize Silver by name back in FRLG, and Blue didn't refer to Gold and Crystal by name. Which brings us to here where Red and Blue don't even seem aware that Ruby and Sapphire are doing stuff, or at least haven't acknowledged them yet.

Maybe they legitimately haven't noticed, who knows. Still, seems kinda odd that the heroes don't know each other very well outside their region (especially given that, as far as Kanto-Hoenn goes, they've all met before)

Quote Originally Posted by Takaro_SoL View Post
    I find it somewhat interesting how the Dex Holders who don't have personal connections to one another, either by being from the same Gen or other connections (i.e. Blue and Green with Silver, Red with Gold, Crystal with Emerald) don't seem to acknowledge one another all that much. For example, Yellow didn't (completely) recognize Silver by name back in FRLG, and Blue didn't refer to Gold and Crystal by name. Which brings us to here where Red and Blue don't even seem aware that Ruby and Sapphire are doing stuff, or at least haven't acknowledged them yet.

Maybe they legitimately haven't noticed, who knows. Still, seems kinda odd that the heroes don't know each other very well outside their region (especially given that, as far as Kanto-Hoenn goes, they've all met before)
    I think they will find each other sooner or later, since Red asked Giovanni what they can do.

I feel very bad for Amber and Blaise, too bad Archie and Maxie have gone forever. That scene was very sad.
    I love how they said that "Good things only happen when both of us work together!". Those two enemies, finally, rest in peace together.

The Pokespe site updated. No B2W2 preview. But I guess we'll see it later.

Volume 5 of XY got its cover revealed.

Spoiler:- :

The Pokedex...is locked? You can't click on anything. Why?

Also, I'm not exactly sure, but it seems that ORAS will be moving from Club Sunday to Sunday Web Every (Webry?) https://www.sunday-webry.com/

What is that? Some new thing?

Either way, it'll happen starting from chapter 20. That's August 2nd.

Oh boy..B2W2. I totally forgot about it, just to think that by the time it gets released we might have to wait approximately the same amount of time for Vol 54, turns me off.
    A part of me wishes that Kusaka and Yamamoto have enough material by now to release Vol.54 quicker.

I do hope they have a plan, because SM is coming and 4 arcs at the same time is too much.

The Sunday websites are launching a new online manga-oriented site called the Sunday Webry, and ORAS will be moved to this site starting from Chapter 20 along with the other series. The currently laid out plan includes Chapter 21 for September, which is what some of us think could be the final chapter of ORAS that makes up a 7-chapter mini volume 3. Let's wait to see if it is really the last chapter.

As for the Pokedex, it is 'currently under maintenance'. I hope the writers/webmasters are finally aware that their Pokemon count for the Unova ones is way off by >50. Or perhaps they are just remaking the layout and plan to add the Kalos critters.

The writers' corner mentioned something interesting about the Artbook. Yamamoto said when he drew the all-villains shot, he deliberately used warmer tones for the villains who 'became good' like Lance, Pryce, Cyrus, Giovanni, and the ORAS Archie/Maxie. He used darker tones for those who remained evil like Ghetsis, Lysandre and the RS Maxie and Archie. He said that he deliberately drew separate entities of Maxie/Archie to confuse readers, but said it was a foreshadowing to the most recent ORAS chapter, since Maxie and Archie are indeed essentially different people since their 'souls' mixed and redivided, making them different entities from their former selves. He originally planned to do a all-villain plus all legendary art, but decided it was too cluttered and thus cut out the legendary idea.

Seems they have a trend of updating the site in bits and pieces now. Can't wait to see the vol 53 preview and the 'fixed' Pokedex.

Coronis~

Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

So can we assume that Lysandre will be evil more than what he was portrayed ingame? What Kusaka portrayed him in his debut chapters really upstaged his ingame character. At this moment, he was more menacing than his ingame self. Those versus X chapters not show us his evilness that much. I hope we have more screentime for him in the climax and his characteristis would be fleshed out more.
    Last edited by arawn; 17th June 2016 at 10:54 PM.

Considering Lysandre actually got to use the ultimate weapon, I would say that has already passed.

It's XY time!

Spoiler:- :

Salame evolves! All that's left is for Y to get a Talonflame and the Kalos Dex holders' teams are complete.

A double Mega Charizard debut! X goes to X. Y goes to Blue.

Braixen evolved! And Shauna's Furfrou has been found. I've honestly been wondering for months why they haven't brought it up. I was sort of expecting it to show up at the Pokemon Village. But uh, it's being attached to one of the Absorbers on Route 10. That's...not good.

And Essentia is shifting from Essentia to Emma. That looks painful.

Aww sweet! do you know what moves Mega Charizard X seems to be using?
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079
    Pokémon Omega Ruby Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

That Charizard X Y duo is amazing !

What is Yveltal doing there ? Was it there in the previous chapter ? Is it me or Furfrou is trying to get help from Delphox ?

Ah, wanna see Green's Key Stone.

And it looks like Furfrou recognizes Delphox from back when Vaniville was being destroyed.
    Where'd I put my mallet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast