Thread: March Plot Discussion

Default March Plot Discussion

http://club.shogakukan.co.jp

And it's here! The ORAS chapter begins!

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    http://club.shogakukan.co.jp

And it's here! The ORAS chapter begins!
    Oh, this is a bit short.

But we see Ruby and Latios, and human shape Latias.

We also see Mr. Stone, Briney, and the Elite Four Drake.

So those three weren't really that old in the RS arc weren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by shawn_o1 View Post
    So those three weren't really that old in the RS arc weren't they?
    They were 11 in RS and12 in Emerald iirc

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    They were 11 in RS and12 in Emerald iirc
    No I meant Stone, Briney and Drake

Looked up some scans online. It takes place three years after the Emerald series recounting the Groudon and Kyogre events. Latias meets Ruby on Southern Isle and goes on a voyage with Latios. Steven,Sapphire,and Emerald are practicing elemental moves,much to Ultima's dismay they need to work harder. Briney, Drake, and Mr. Stone appear on a boat discussing about the mural found in granite cave.
    Last edited by A_Merry_Snowrunt; 5th January 2015 at 8:44 PM.

This arc is really interesting to me. This isn't like HGSS where GF replaced generic admins and grunts with actual characters, they completely redid the admins in ORAS but they're still technically the same character. And then you have both primal reversion and story elements from the delta episode that might be included. I'm looking forward to seeing how Kusaka puts it all together.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

So, did Ruby already get a Key Stone? Did they explain where?

Also, if this really is 3 years after Emerald, then doesn't this put ORAS the same year as HGSS?

Hmm, someone on vp is translating and it seems Ultima thinks Steven might have overestimated the kids and says that they're accomplishments at the Battle Frontier might have only been a result of the older dexholders being there. I think it's a good point to bring up even though it's certainly false.

Edit: and It's seems obvious this an adaptation of the Delta Episode events with what Mr.Stone says about telling them what will happen to this planet.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

So is Joey really his name orjust a friendly way of talking to someone? Also, Beldum is named Iron, the reference to the one you get from Steven in HGSS. Three years after emerald,would that be somewhere after the HGSS or DPPt saga?

How did they know it's three years after emerald ? I read the trasnlated pages, and nothing was said about that gap.

You're right, nowhere says three years. It's just those three he's referring too. My mistake.

They're saying it's not the good translation. We have to wait for someone to confirm it.

My guess is that ORAS takes place at the same time that HGSS.
    So this round takes place right after the prologue that was published a month ago, right? Wasn't Ruby outside a contest hall talking to Gaby and Ty?
    I guess we have potential volume exclusive scenes coming our way.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat! View Post
    My guess is that ORAS takes place at the same time that HGSS.
    So this round takes place right after the prologue that was published a month ago, right? Wasn't Ruby outside a contest hall talking to Gaby and Ty?
    I guess we have potential volume exclusive scenes coming our way.

I think this is right before the round we got last month.
    Where'd I put my mallet?

Quote Originally Posted by TheViolentTomboy View Post
    I think this is right before the round we got last month.
    But Sapphire and Emerald are already training when they haven't even begun in the previous one.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    But Sapphire and Emerald are already training when they haven't even begun in the previous one.
    Not to mention Drake, Mr. Stone and Briney are looking at the mural that Steven discovered in the prologue.

Is it just me or do Ruby look kind of weird with sideburns? Maybe I need some times to get used to his new look.

The last 3 panels of page 3: what is Ruby doing to human-latias?

And there isn't any mention of 3 years after emerald, the number 3 refers to the trio (Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald). The number 3 is always used with the kanji 人 which means 3 person, instead of kanji 年 which is year.

The only mention of anything related to year is on page 12 (top panel with Groudon and Kyogre). I think the person is saying something about the fight between Groudon and Kyogre. And 1 year later, there's the battle frontier incident. And the 3 managed to solve it? (I can only read Kanji so this is what I assume based on the Kanji)

Quote Originally Posted by iml908 View Post
    So, did Ruby already get a Key Stone? Did they explain where?
    They might account for this from the other episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Hmm, someone on vp is translating and it seems Ultima thinks Steven might have overestimated the kids and says that they're accomplishments at the Battle Frontier might have only been a result of the older dexholders being there. I think it's a good point to bring up even though it's certainly false.
    She was just trying to motivate them.

Quote Originally Posted by kawaii-lurve View Post
    Is it just me or do Ruby look kind of weird with sideburns? Maybe I need some times to get used to his new look.

The last 3 panels of page 3: what is Ruby doing to human-latias?

And there isn't any mention of 3 years after emerald, the number 3 refers to the trio (Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald). The number 3 is always used with the kanji 人 which means 3 person, instead of kanji 年 which is year.

The only mention of anything related to year is on page 12 (top panel with Groudon and Kyogre). I think the person is saying something about the fight between Groudon and Kyogre. And 1 year later, there's the battle frontier incident. And the 3 managed to solve it? (I can only read Kanji so this is what I assume based on the Kanji)
    Yea, this did not explain the timeline about ORAS.

He observed her feathers that could refract light. (Oh, Ruby, your hands...)

And the flute seems to be Emerald's.
    Last edited by e9310103838; 6th January 2015 at 2:45 AM.

She was just trying to motivate them.
    This. Sometimes the best way to motivate people is to discourage and insult them.

I'm glad that the three-years suggestion was just a misunderstanding. Three years after the Emerald saga would be exactly at the same time as HGSS and three years before DPPt. For some reason, I think it would've been awkward to have the Delta Episode adaptation going on with the whole Arceus plot.

Eww! That's nasty! Who puts their mouth where another's has been?

(Although, it's going to make the FranticShippers mad to see that Ruby's been playing Emerald's flute. Oh sh- *banned*)
    Last edited by Flintoff Cypress; 6th January 2015 at 3:45 AM. Reason: Kusaka is a Time Lord.
    First Sequence
    Boots bitten: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    This. Sometimes the best way to motivate people is to discourage and insult them.

I'm glad that the three-years suggestion was just a misunderstanding. Three years after the Emerald saga would be exactly at the same time as HGSS and a year before DPPt. For some reason, I think it would've been awkward to have the Delta Episode adaptation going on with the whole Arceus plot.

Eww! That's nasty! Who puts their mouth where another's has been?

(Although, it's going to make the FranticShippers mad to see that Ruby's been playing Emerald's flute. Oh sh- *banned*)
    A year before DPPT? I thought those arcs took place three years after the Arceus conflict

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    Wait, who's saying three years? I've been assuming that it's been one year. ****, Doctor Who's timeline was easier to figure out than this ****.
    I was just going by the timeline thread. According to that, DPPT happened 6 years after Emerald.

I was laughing really hard when Ruby was trying to grab Latias's "feathers"

You sly dog

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    Yea, this did not explain the timeline about ORAS.

He observed her feathers that could refract light. (Oh, Ruby, your hands...)

Someone on vp translated everything. There isn't any mention of the timeline but it's highly likely that Ruby and Sapphire are 16 (same as FRLG and HGSS) while Emerald is 15. I think that some people misunderstood it to be 3 years after emerald as the number 3 keep appearing but the number actually refers to the trio.

And my first reaction when I saw Ruby trying to touch human-latias: Seriously, you have Sapphire already! What are you doing to latias?!

It seems like the flute belongs to Emerald. According to the translation, latias told latios that it's emerald playing the flute, but it turns out to be Ruby.

Edit: I went to read some comments in some Japanese website and according to Google translate, these 4 words appear together: Ruby, latias, sexual harassment.
    Last edited by kawaii-lurve; 6th January 2015 at 5:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kawaii-lurve View Post
    Edit: I went to read some comments in some Japanese website and according to Google translate, these 4 words appear together: Ruby, latias, sexual harassment.
    Judging from reactions on Twitter, fans agreed that Ruby did commit sekuhara, haha.

Not surprised that Prez. Tsuwabuki, Hagi, and Genji are old friends. Genji even called Prez. Tsuwabuki "Bukki".

Kiwame is still a babble as usual.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast