Thread: February Plot Discussion

Default February Plot Discussion

Pokespe B2W2 continues today with a new chapter. Discuss when it's out.

Lack-two proving how he's Mister Perfect, yet again.

Yet another fainting, a forced date, and an unwilling crowdsurfing moment, when will Whi-two catch a break? hahaha

Also, Roxie! And Hugh's sister!

Edit: Next chapter will be up on the 20th, which is the day before the next SM chapter. Nice!
    Last edited by pika09; 5th December 2016 at 4:31 PM.

Mister perfect... again :/
    the best of the chapter was roxie debut!!
    fc: 3883-8715-7492 Omegaruby

Lack-two sent Whi-two an astronomical telescope.

And he says he has a date XD
    Last edited by e9310103838; 5th December 2016 at 4:48 PM.

I just hope this isn't everything with Roxie we're gonna see in this manga.

Although everything is so rushed that I'm afraid that it might be the case.
    I don't come here as often as I used to, do I?

Well, I suppose if he can befriend a Sword-of-Justice he can't be all that bad. I mean I know it's all a facade, but thing is we really don't know all that much about Lack-Two, especially in regards to his character. We see his laid-back/flirtatious undercover personality as well as his serious/objective on-duty personality, but I can't help wonder if there's a third personality underneath all that. Or if one personality is fake and the other is his real one (while it seems obvious that his serious persona would be his true personality, it'd be interesting if it turned out that that was actually just him being professional, and his undercover persona was what he's actually like). Questions for later I suppose.

We already know it's not. The previews show that Roxie will be a part of the Cultural Fair thing, as was mentioned in the previous volume.

Also, it seems that Tornadus wasn't actually going after Lack-Two. Its target was Giallo, who refuses to accept Colress as Plasma's leader.

EP 9 Rough Translation, probably best to wait for Coronis' summary if something confuses you.

Spoiler:- 1:
    Last edited by Ryousha; 6th December 2016 at 12:40 AM.

Sorry for my brief absence. And thanks Ryousha for the detailed translations.

A brief summary of the 2 latest B2W2 chapters:

Whi-two dreams about the return of N, but just as she expresses how much she misses him, N's face becomes that of Lack-two's. Lack-two is glad that Whi-two finally reciprocates his feelings, and Whi-two wakes up screaming, waking her friends in the dormitory. Whi-two is appalled that her mind is subconsciously locked to Lack-two, and suddenly realizes with horror that sh has lost her pendant. This makes her feel even worse since she feels guilty enough to be thinking of a boy other than N.

The next day, every one at the Trainers School is making preparations for their upcoming festival, but Hugh is upsetting the girls since he is 'peeping at their breasts and butts' and 'smelling them' as the girls put it. Cheren drags Hugh away, and some boys point out that the speakers and other equipment have yet to be delivered. Lack-two volunteers to head out and check, and Leo wants him to be careful since the winds are unusually strong that day. Lack-two drags Whi-two along much to everyone's surprise, including Whi-two herself.

Later, on Route 20, it is revealed that Lack-two made arrangements for Looker to keep an eye from a distance, since they have received reports that Giallo has been spotted in the area. Whi-two, still cringing from her dream, asks why Lack-two has brought her out, and Lack-two decides to give her the birthday gift he prepared. Whi-two refuses to accept, but their conversation is cut short when Tornadus, the cause of the strong winds, appears. As soon as it starts to battle Lack-two, something flashes from a distant tree and changes it into its Therian Forme. Lack-two realizes that it must be the special mirror which the International Police data base has info on, but has unfortunately fallen into the hands of Team Plasma. Looker recalls that his mission is to keep an eye on Whi-two, and it turns out that Lack-two brought Whi-two out because he wants to see her reaction upon meeting a Sage, and vice versa. Lack-two soon feels overwhelmed by Tornadus's speed, and decides to send out his new partner, Keldeo.

Using a Razor Shell and Sacred Sword combo, Lack-two manages to use the boomerang effect of Razor Shell to land a hit on Tornadus. Lack-two compliments Keldeo, stating that their special training paid off, and Keldeo thinks Lack-two somehow reminds it of its mentors. Keldeo recalls the night Lack-two came to him at the Pledge Grove, pointing out that the slashes made on the bark were clearly not Keldeo's but someone much stronger. Lack-two somehow figures out that Keldeo was trying to equip itself with the skills of its teachers, whom it lost for some reason. He proposed a partnership and Keldeo accepted it.

With their combo, Keldeo and Dewott manages to hit Tornadus again, but when Tornadus dives down, Lack-two and Looker are surprised that it aims for something else. It turns out that Tornadus's target is Giallo, and wasn't meaning to fight Lack-two to begin with. Giallo is angry that Colress is using the Tornadus he caught to chase after him, and states that he will never recognize him as the new King. He sends out Krookodile to fight but it easily falls to Tornadus. Lack-two figures that Colress isn't at the scene because he isn't the lurking type, and decides that he must bring down Tornadus if they are to succeed to arresting Giallo. He commands an Ice Beam from Keldeo, and although it misses, Dewott somehow stores its cold energy in its scalchops, which it hits Tornadus to freeze it. The Plasma Grunts retrieve Tornadus and flee, while Giallo gets arrested. Whi-two is revealed to have passed out because her Foongus has accidentally fired off sleeping spores during its frightened state.

Lack-two wants Looker to deliver the goods to the school, while he carries Whi-two off to Roxie's concert in Virbank. When Whi-two awakes, she is shocked by the scene, and is dragged onto the dance floor by Lack-two. Later, back at the dorm, the warden brings Whi-two back the birthday present she left behind, and Whi-two realizes that is is a telescope. She blushes that Lack-two remembers what she said about her hobby.

Soon, the school festival begins, and Hugh's sister comes looking for him...

=====================================

It's great that B2W2 is catching up again, although it seems we are getting bi-weekly release rather than the weekly release we hoped for. It's better than monthly I guess.

The writers made an error in giving Keldeo Ice Beam as it couldn't normally learn it. Then again they gave Empoleon Vacuum Wave which was illegal too.

As for the nickname pattern of Lack-two, -maru can have a lot of origins. It has been the suffix of ships, swords and also children of ancient loyalty. I'm not quite sure what it's supposed to represent here but sword is a possibility. An english counterpart may be difficult, especially given that Dewott's english name doesn't carry this meaning. Let's see how VIZ localize Dewott's name in the coming January I guess. If they decide to keep it Dewott, perhaps Keldeo could be named Keldeott or so to keep the trend?

Coronis~

Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

B2W2 is finally back!? About ****** time...!

Ugh, Whi-Two is actually starting to like Lack-Two? That's such a horrible message to send to young boys. "If she doesn't like you, just keep bugging her till she does." I hope she punches him in the face at some point. He deserves it.