Thread: Fave chapter of the manga and why?

Default Fave chapter of the manga and why?

I have loved the Pokemon adventures manga since I first read it. Gripping plots, funny and adorable characters, awesome art style, and much more. But I'm wondering, what is your favourite chapter? Here's the list:

Red/blue/green/Yellow
    Gold/silver
    Ruby/sapphire/Emerald
    Firered/leafgreen
    Diamond/pearl/Platinum
    Heartgold/soulsilver
    Black/white
    Black2/white2
    X/Y
    Omegaruby/alphasapphire (so far)

My personal fave btw is ruby and sapphire, cause art style, how adorable ruby and sapphire are, the battles, the basic inspiration for the BW case (all gym leaders fighting back against big threat), the bromance of a lifetime (see look originshipping isn't creepy when you see it as a bromance) and of course the ending. Oh and everything with Daigo-san. My heart died at volume 22.
    Game OTP: IronWill (Dawn x Riley)
    Anime OTP: Marisson (Alain x Mairin)
    Manga brOTP: Origin (Steven x Wallace)

I also have a nominated story there!

I write shipping fics! In any of the stories I post in the shipping fics area, feel free to drop in to say hi and leave a review! I gain motivation to continue writing through this, so any kind of review is great!

"Our path may have a clear end with our friends, but it doesn't mean we cannot do anything with them while it lasts. Make sure you spend your time with them to the fullest, so when you have to part ways, once all is finally done, hold your head high, smile, and look onward to the future world that you made together!" ~ from this fanfic!

Currently enjoying X and Y chapters.
    Just like the female game characters who appears in the anime with Ash. Y is the better version of Serena of the anime.
    and X is such a badass trainer who mega evolves most of his pokemon.
    Last edited by lywsuate; 17th September 2016 at 9:28 AM.

Hmmm by rank:
    1. R/S/E
    2. D/P/Pt (MANZAI!!)
    3. Fr/Lg
    4. R/B/G
    5. Yellow
    6. B/W
    7. HGSS
    8. G/S/C

Thanks to American--Pi for this awesome banner and userbar!

Quote Originally Posted by DiaRubyTandem View Post
    Hmmm by rank:
    1. R/S/E
    2. D/P/Pt (MANZAI!!)
    3. Fr/Lg
    4. R/B/G
    5. Yellow
    6. B/W
    7. HGSS
    8. G/S/C
    Really? GSC is my faviourite.

For me:
    1. GSC
    2. XY
    3. RGB
    4. Yellow
    5. FRLG
    6. BW
    7. DP
    8. RS
    9. Pt
    10. Emerald
    11. HGSS

Undecided: B2W2 and ORAS

GSC/HG/SS were my favorites, FR/LG and R/S just behind

Alone we fall, United we stand
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Alpha Sapphire squad is ready for competitive action!

1.- BW (the best and wtf ending)
    2.-D/P
    3.-R/S/E
    4.-FRLG
    5.- XY
    6.- R/B/G/
    7.- HGSS
    8.-Yellow
    9.- Platinum
    10.- ORAS (I'm sorry but I feel it could be better)
    I hope to still alive when b2w2 leave the hiatus
    The king and his queen

The Yellow chapter was my fave when I was a kid. The Emerald chapter is my 2nd fave due to the big showdown in the end.

D/P, it was honestly what made me read the manga again after losing interest in Gold/Silver/Crystal

Rse <3

Visiting Serebii.net
    everyday since the
    ~ Year 2000 ~
    during the Summer

I liked x/y´s nod to blue being referenced in the games.
    Hail Arceus

I liked too
    PokemonBux: Buy Pokemon Go Account, Cheap Rare Pokemon For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by fireredxy View Post
    I liked x/y´s nod to blue being referenced in the games.
    I loved this too. Though my favorites are Blue training Yellow against the Mankey Pack and Blue and Koga's win on Agatha. My favorite chapter is tied between RBG, FRLG, and BW.

FRLG

It's also the only remake based arc I liked

It's gotta be said that lining up all of the main game chapters (RB, GSC, RS, DP, BW, XY) it becomes really hard to pick them. RB suffers from it being the first go and I feel it fumbles in some places. GSC has that horrible section where Crystal takes over and I find that Crystal is very uninteresting by herself and only works with Gold or Silver. RS is freaking awesome, Ruby and Sapphire are the best and some of the scenes are phenomenal. DP is also great but it's brought down because I feel there is some obvious favoritism towards Dia and though Dia is my boy Pearl and Platinum got robbed (especially in Platinum's case when it comes to the Platinum chapter). I honestly can't speak for XY because I have yet to read XY and I am waiting for the proper volume releases (which looks like it'll be ages from now lol since we still have to get through BW2 and the first volume of that hasn't even released yet), but I do try to keep up with the magazine releases and X seems pretty cool and so does Y so they might get a bump in my book eventually. I also feel the third version/sequel/remake chapters fumble far too much in places to end up high in my list but I get it, as a writer myself I see the conundrum in getting those games in chapter format when most of them are just the same games again. Of course chapters like FRLG are still pretty standout and Gold's reveal in Emerald is still awesome.

I have to go with BW though I flip flop between GSC and RS. Black is such a great character. He's a play on pretty much every shonen trope. He's the chosen hero of truth, but not before getting angry at the people who decided that for him and he even admits he has no idea what he's doing at many points towards the end of BW. He isn't the victim of fate or because the prophecy says so, but because he wants to fill that part. His team I feel is one of the more fleshed out of the bunch and Emboar never really stole the spotlight from the others. White is good also because instead of turning her into the action girl destined to be sidelined in the end like most female dexholders she goes through an arc where she gets stronger BUT she's still treated as more of a support, which makes sense. White was never destined to be on the front lines and I rather she be this than forced to be a fighter and inevitably job due to Black (looking at you Y). Not to mention I feel Black and White have a great relationship and the scene at the end of the chapter, you know, THAT scene really hits you in the feels. Also, I feel it has a very good transition to BW2 through the last few chapters. Both dexholders appear at the end, Keldeo and Genesect are put in place, Colress is revealed, and Team Plasma are clearly not dealt with. It's just the best transition between chapters to me. Crap I didn't even mention the dynamic between Black, white, and N. Great stuff.

So BW, that's my answer for the best. But again, it's a very close call and the answer changes daily lol.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

As of now, my top 3 are:

DP (Sinnoh bias + Dia bias since he's my fave)
    GSC (So much action + Gold is awesome)
    XY (Extremely biased towards Y) or RGB (1st-arc-I've-read bias)