Thread: Pokémon: Omega Ruby Crimson Passion & Pokémon: Alpha Sapphire Indigo Wisdom

Default Pokémon: Omega Ruby Crimson Passion & Pokémon: Alpha Sapphire Indigo Wisdom

2 New Pokémon Manga To Start in Monthly Coro Coro Comics

From Anime News Network:

"The October issue of Shogakukan's Coro Coro Comics magazine will include a prologue for two new Pokémon manga series on Saturday. Manga artist Shingo Hata will draw both starting in the magazine's November issue on October 15. The ad states that this is the first time that two related series have run side-by-side in Coro Coro Comics.

The two manga, titled Pokémon: Omega Ruby Kurenai-ki Jōnetsu (Crimson Passion) and Pokémon: Alpha Sapphire Ai-ki Eichi (Indigo Wisdom), will follow the stories of two brothers named Omega and Alpha as they try to capture Groudon and Kyogre, respectively."

The art style looks promising, at least! I didn't find anything out about Shingo Hata, but I hope this series will be good. And more than a one-shot.

*i saw that coming after browsing news for ann*

so they're hyping the manga as well after knowing the oras games would be released

is it just me that omega and alpha both somehow look like brendan -_-
    Fun facts: To those who are curious, Serena has been made as the shipper's favouritism - currently she has the most shipping pairs involving hers ( a total of 815 as of the august submission) behind her is Dawn ( with a total of 696)

TRIVIA: Every month there is approximately 1000 new submissions on the shipping thread, and this will probably continue until all names have been used. Come generation 7 I'm pretty sure we are going to run out of names

They're the same
        Spoiler:- open at your own risk:

Why don't you blame others before blaming me

Alright, I know that Pokemon manga tend to ignore the female leads, but two Brendan counterparts? This is just ridiculous.

Please tell me the lack of shading on their hair doesn't mean it's white.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 12th September 2014 at 1:45 PM.

I agree with lolipiece on that. It could be twins, but sister and brother instead. Don't tell me they're going to put the female lead as some stupid love triangle thing. Or as some stupid rival... nvm the brothers are probably rivals.

Eh, the art style looks... alright, I guess. Given the plot so far, this could go really well or be a complete pile of garbage. Way too early to tell. Although, that picture does seem to give Alpha a bit of an evil vibe compared to his brother.
    HeLlO. You'Re tOo slOw. yOu cAn'T ruN. FOuNd YOu! I AM GOD.

If the latest patterns regarding game-advertising Pokemon mangas are true, then expect:
    1. No May at all
    2. Little to no plot relevance to the game
    3. Sixish chapters collected into one volume

This is how every game "adaptation" (though the better word is "advertisement" - the point of these mangas isn't to adapt the games' plot but to advertise the games and their key elements) manga rolled for the last years. The times of Golden Boys and DPA are irretrievably gone. We don't get this kind of stuff anymore.

But I'd love to be nicely surprised...
    Last edited by Maxim; 13th September 2014 at 8:42 AM.
    After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting the fandom. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.

And if I'm ever back, I'm never back for good.

... Well, at least it's something.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Eh, it looks like it'd be a decent read on a rainy day.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

m sry to ask but is this part of pokemon adventures or is it a seprate thing?
    ALPHA SAPPHIRE TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by giratina the shadow View Post
    m sry to ask but is this part of pokemon adventures or is it a seprate thing?
    As the title suggests, it has nothing to do with Pokemon Adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    If the latest patterns regarding game-advertising Pokemon mangas are true, then expect:
    1. No May at all
    2. Little to no plot relevance to the game
    3. Sixish chapters collected into one volume

This is how every game "adaptation" (though the better word is "advertisement" - the point of these mangas isn't to adapt the games' plot but to advertise the games and their key elements) manga rolled for the last years. The times of Golden Boys and DPA are irretrievably gone. We don't get this kind of stuff anymore.

But I'd love to be nicely surprised...
    Yeah, I had war flashbacks to the BW-era. Not interested in this at all, also apathetic toward the art. Just give me more PokeSpe.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Yeah, I had war flashbacks to the BW-era. Not interested in this at all, also apathetic toward the art. Just give me more PokeSpe.
    I like the art of Good Partner. It even was resurrection after interrupted for a time. Unfortunately, it was still only one volume.

Reburst is also great, although it is a very different Pokemon manga. Pokemon is not even focused on this.

https://twitter.com/yamogimota/statu...99438487375873

This is apparently a shot from the comic. Can anyone translate, are they saying anything particularly interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    The times of Golden Boys and DPA are irretrievably gone. We don't get this kind of stuff anymore.
    To be fair, we had Reburst and the rather short-lived Good Partners which more than just mere advertisements but yes this is probably is going to exactly what you think it is.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .:: deviantART | Tumblr | Hummingbird | YouTube ::.

Neat! To be honest, I wouldn't mind if this was simply an extended ORAS advertisement. I quite like the art. It would be nice if it had a good story but I would be satisfied with just having some extra art of my favorite Hoenn characters. Where did you get these images, by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by ayyyyy View Post
    Neat! To be honest, I wouldn't mind if this was simply an extended ORAS advertisement. I quite like the art. It would be nice if it had a good story but I would be satisfied with just having some extra art of my favorite Hoenn characters. Where did you get these images, by the way?
    I got these from Chinese website.

Well, the art is nice enough.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...