Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sird's Return

Default Sird's Return

The return of Sird after her disappearance at the end of DP has been a rather hot topic in the Pokespecial fandom. Do you guys think she will ever return in the series at any point? Whether it be the current XY arc or if the Sinnoh games get a remake, leaving the Sinnoh trio to finish her?

Or has Kusaka just forgot about her and doesn't plan on bringing her back?

Considering how Agatha is still out there without having been mentioned by anyone (despite the fact that she basically started the Yellow arc's conflict), I really doubt Sird/Storc/Saque is coming back. I don't think she should come back, either.
    Tired of seeing all-shiny teams on Wifi Random Matchup?
    Tired of hearing your friends brag about their shinies?
    Tired of hatching thousands of eggs to just get Hidden Power right?
    Visit my shop and turn the tables! PT's Perfect Shiny Shop. The simple solution.

It hasn't even been three full years since her last appearance.

And who knows? Maybe all she was meant to do was connect the plots of FRLG and E to DP.

She could show up again, but for what reason?

Having her in BW wouldn't work if she was meant to join Team Plasma. Why would she want to "liberate" Pokemon? And B2W2 might work, but Neo Plasma is crowded enough.

I guess she might want to not...die and stuff...so joining Team Flare could work, maybe? But again, it's a team chock full of members.

Maybe Z, considering it's a third version and thus will have an original plot.

I think a perfect opportunity to bring her back would be through Sinnoh remakes like I mentioned in the intro. Have Dia, Pearl, and Platinum finish her once and for all. It makes sense since there really is no one else who could lead Team Galactic in the hypothetical remake arc. Cyrus and his three commanders reformed and Charon is locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by DX 2401PT View Post
    Considering how Agatha is still out there without having been mentioned by anyone (despite the fact that she basically started the Yellow arc's conflict), I really doubt Sird/Storc/Saque is coming back. I don't think she should come back, either.
    The thing about Agatha is that there's nothing she can really do at this point. Someone could go after her, but it's frankly too much effort and for what? Besides, we know all we need to; she's just a bitter old woman who took her issues out on the world and failed.

Sird? Still too many plot lines hanging, the biggest being that the DP chapter implies that Mewtwo never found out that the Kanto Dex Holders are okay now and still wants revenge. Not giving Mewtwo closure's pretty messed up, and like I keep saying, he needs to showcase Psystrike before the fifth gem is over.
    Where'd I put my mallet?

Quote Originally Posted by TheViolentTomboy View Post
    The thing about Agatha is that there's nothing she can really do at this point.
    She could try to sabotage the World Tournament.

Besides, we know all we need to; she's just a bitter old woman who took her issues out on the world and failed.
    She could try to take them out again. Maybe.

[A]nd like I keep saying, he needs to showcase Psystrike before the fifth gem is over.
    As much as I want to see Mewtwo meeting with the Kanto Dex Holders again, which for G5 can only happen in the World Tournament, honestly, Jump Kick is G1 move but was never used before the DP arc.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Jump Kick was used by Bruno's Hitmonlee in the Yellow chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Jump Kick was used by Bruno's Hitmonlee in the Yellow chapter.
    No, that was Hi Jump Kick. Jump Kick was never used in PokéSpe until G4.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Sird should have been finished off in Platinum. It makes no sense to have her beyond Gen 4 IMO. Sird should have been the one behind the Platinum arc. Maybe have the previous 10 Dexholders assign Looker to recruit Dia, Pearl, and Platinum to go after her in Sinnoh, since it's their region. This way you get them somewhat involved without crowding too many characters in. Sird either goes out with a bang or you connect it HGSS where the Dexholders can all smack her down in a glorious Emerald Style finisher. That didn't happen and so all we can do is wait for a Sinnoh remake 10+ years from now to finish her, since she is Team Galactic.

I see some people talking about Agatha. What more can you do with that old bat? She got defeated, there's really nothing implying she's still out there or doing anything evil. Who cares about her? Really. If she ever appears again she might reform like Lance and Pryce have and that's it.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Sird should have been finished off in Platinum. It makes no sense to have her beyond Gen 4 IMO. Sird should have been the one behind the Platinum arc. Maybe have the previous 10 Dexholders assign Looker to recruit Dia, Pearl, and Platinum to go after her in Sinnoh, since it's their region. This way you get them somewhat involved without crowding too many characters in. Sird either goes out with a bang or you connect it HGSS where the Dexholders can all smack her down in a glorious Emerald Style finisher. That didn't happen and so all we can do is wait for a Sinnoh remake 10+ years from now to finish her, since she is Team Galactic.
    I'm starting to get to the point where I don't care if Sird shows her ugly mug ever again, which is disappointing since I do like how Kusaka made an established villain in her for PokeSpe and I felt she was "unique." The time for Sird to be dealt with was years ago imo. Do we know for sure she is a member of Team Galactic and nothing else? Because if she is still "space-y" she could be finished off in Hoenn since Mega Rayquaza and Zinnia are seeming like more of a reality to this manga day by day. At this point she just seems more like a floating villain plot device for the story than a legitimate character villain and threat. I wonder if people will even remember Sird well after her last appearance all the way back in DPPt that was extremely minuscule.

I see some people talking about Agatha. What more can you do with that old bat? She got defeated, there's really nothing implying she's still out there or doing anything evil. Who cares about her? Really. If she ever appears again she might reform like Lance and Pryce have and that's it.
    Agreed, although I loved Agatha as a villain and Lance....Pryce was...okay...I don't think having her be a main villain again is right, we have a lot of people to work with, Xerosic and Malva being obvious choices or they could make a new villain up from scratch.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 6th February 2015 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I'm starting to get to the point where I don't care if Sird shows her ugly mug ever again, which is disappointing since I do like how Kusaka made an established villain in her for PokeSpe and I felt she was "unique." The time for Sird to be dealt with was years ago imo. Do we know for sure he is a member of Team Galactic and nothing else? Because if she is still "space-y" she could be finished off in Hoenn since Mega Rayquaza and Zinnia are seeming like more of a reality to this manga day by day. At this point she just seems more like a floating villain plot device for the story than a legitimate character villain and threat. I wonder if people will even remember Sird well after her last appearance all the way back in DPPt that was extremely minuscule.

Agreed, although I loved Agatha as a villain and Lance....Pryce was...okay...I don't think having her be a main villain again is right, we have a lot of people to work with, Xerosic and Malva being obvious choices or they could make a new villain up from scratch.
    I don't care for Sird anymore, personally. I just feel during Platinum and maybe HGSS, she should have been finished off. Like it's being said, she's a plot device. I assume she's still Team Galactic, until she appears somewhere else and says she's Team Flare or Team Plasma. That does not need to happen. At this point, I don't care about Sird anymore. I want to focus on the XY chapters.

Yeah, Jump Kick was used to finish Red off.
    (I think the only Gen I move not to be showcased in a Gen I arc was Roar)

Quote Originally Posted by shawn_o1 View Post
    Yeah, Jump Kick was used to finish Red off.
    (I think the only Gen I move not to be showcased in a Gen I arc was Roar)
    Well, Roar and Rest did not debut in the Gen I indeed, in addition, the other moves all have in their respective generations to debut.

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    Well, Roar and Rest did not debut in the Gen I indeed, in addition, the other moves all have in their respective generations to debut.
    I swear Red's Snorlax "used" Rest in that RGB round where the Pewter Science Museum was being burned down? Also Sweet Scent debuted in Yellow despite being a Gen II move

Quote Originally Posted by shawn_o1 View Post
    I swear Red's Snorlax "used" Rest in that RGB round where the Pewter Science Museum was being burned down? Also Sweet Scent debuted in Yellow despite being a Gen II move
    Yea, I missed. So only Roar not mentioned in Gen I.

I want to know why she seemingly gave Darkrai to Charon. Though I don't think she's any more a Galactic than she was a Rocket, which is to say not at all. Seeing her pop up in other teams to use them from the inside wouldn't be out of sorts for her at all.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated Dec 30th, 2014)
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani View Post
    I want to know why she seemingly gave Darkrai to Charon. Though I don't think she's any more a Galactic than she was a Rocket, which is to say not at all. Seeing her pop up in other teams to use them from the inside wouldn't be out of sorts for her at all.
    Wait, she gave it to him? I thought she released it in the distortion world after FRLG. Of course it has been a while since I re-read Platinum so I might of missed something.

She released it into the Distortion World because she found it uncontrollable.

Since nothing indicates she had even been there before the events of DP and the fact that we know she still had during DP, it must have happened during Giratina's rampage in volume 40.

Then again, it's also unexplained how she was able to get Archie and Maxie out of that huge barrier of electricity.

It's....almost as if...she had a Pokemon that could...open portals to different locations.

Oh god, I think I may have found a use for Hoopa and Sird in ORAS.

Hmm. Only problem would be how to tie it into DP.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 17th February 2015 at 9:53 AM.

I can't see how Sird can tie in with Hoopa and ORAS. Going by the ages of the hoenn trio, ruby and sapphire can't be any older than sixteen meaning this arc takes place a year after HGSS (assuming the timelines are correct). That is still two whole years before the events of DP. Meaning that even if she did appear in ORAS, she won't be defeated in that arc
    Last edited by Red and Blue; 17th February 2015 at 9:57 AM.

She could be built to be some sort of non-main Dark Legendary user. First Darkrai, then Hoopa, and whichever Dark legendary in the future could be in her hand. ( Except Yveltal ofcourse)

I actually like how Sird is used, like a Bigger Bad, someone playing the long game over decades/centuries, towards an as-yet-unseen goal; as for the 'centuries' bit, there are sporadic hints that she wished for immortality from Jirachi X,000 years back (replace 'X' with whatever number you wish).
    If anyone wants to contact me, they can do so at the following sites, under the corresponding name.

Deviantart; XadhoomFanboy.
    Pojo; Xadhoom.
    FF.Net; Zero.Slash.One.
    Serebii Forums; Xadhoom.
    Youtube; Xadhoom Xado.
    MangaFox; Xadhoom.

I swear I didn't mean to kill that thread! Or the other one! Or any of the twenty-fifty threads I've killed. It was pure luck!

I'd rather Mewtwo kill Sird off. (eventually)

Now that I think about it, I always found Kusaka`s treatment of Sird to be odd.

It felt that he was building her up to be a bigger antagonist then she turned out to be. She is a original character exclusive only to pokespecial and has the power to go into other dimensions. Plus even after it`s revealed that she is a Team Galactic commander, you still get the sense that there is a lot more to her true motives and goals. It just seems so odd that Kusaka built her up for three whole arcs to be one huge threat only to throw her away after DP with no real closure.

Watch Sird show up in BW2. She'll be some neo Team Plasma thug, or whatever they are called. I have no idea what Sird's endgame is, if she even has one. They could just be saving her as a excuse for a massive Dexholder reunion or something. Maybe she'll be the Loki of PokeSpecial or something, that everyone gets together to get her. How amusing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast