Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: October Plot Discussion

Default October Plot Discussion

New Pokespe chapter is out on Sunday Webry.

I can't provide a link right now, so if someone else can, that'd be appreciated.

This only the first half of plot again. We get the second half on 8/16.

damn ruby, someone need to punch him in the face,. He hasn't learn or what????
    Last edited by 4de_92; 1st August 2016 at 5:05 PM.
    fc: 3883-8715-7492 Omegaruby

So we only get half a chapter again, but it's expected since the writers were at the Comic Con.

Emerald gets Zinnia to explain why she refuses to recognize Ruby and Sapphire as candidates to use Rayquaza since they've obviously earned its permission to ride it and even taught it Dragon Ascent. Zinnia reveals that the full legend foretells the Lorekeeper entering space to destroy the asteroid with Mega Rayquaza, which essentially is a sacrificial move since humans cannot survive there. The Stones then get an idea, and remember the new Shelly and Tabitha who once worked on the 'Suits'. Before they get things into action, Giovanni shows up with Red/Blue, and Blaise/Amber (we see that the latter have indeed succeeded their leaders' stones and Pokemon). Giovanni raises the question of whether the asteroid is truly just an asteroid. He points out that Mega Evolution is supposed to be in-battle only, and if the asteroid is really just an asteroid, the megas should not happen. This leads everyone to suspect that the asteroid is actually a Pokemon from space. Blue suggests that with enough Pokemon power, they may actually be able to slow down the asteroid just like how the Primals destroyed the small meteoroid.

And so, everyone begins to get to work. With Sootopolis as a base, the Gymleader, Elite 4 and Frontier Brains gather. All the scientific minds gather to figure out how to send the Lorekeeper to space with the suits. Emerald also contacts Gold/Silver/Crystal to seek help from the Kanto/Johto Gymleaders and Elite 4. We also learn that Norman is with the group in Johto.

Sapphire meets Grannie officially, and she comments on how matching Gardevoir and Gallade ar, offering her their Mega Stones but Sapphire slaps her with an embarrassed look. Steven then decides to return the jar of Keystones they gathered from the Embedded Tower after Rayquaza were captured, which belonged to Aster. Steven clarifies that the Keystone he uses are not from Aster's, but he officially inherited them from Gurkinn in Kalos. Grannie believes that Gurkinn is one of the descendants of Draconids who moved to other regions. Zinnia is happy to have Aster's Keystones back, but she collapses. We then see Ruby contemplating on who should go into space, and Sapphire is angry because she thinks Ruby is doing it again...

================================================== =

Interesting how they decide to involve the 3 regions' Gymleaders and Elite 4. It is the logical thing to do considering the impact of the incident.

While Giovanni's logic about Mega Evolution makes sense, I find it a bit odd since it works perfectly well game-wise, but in the manga scenario it seems odd that you can't Mega Evolve your Pokemon unless you are fighting another Pokemon.

Pokemon from space. So they are really getting Deoxys involved too like in the games? I think it wouldn't make much sense to put Volcanion on the asteroid.

We have possibly 1.5 chapters left for ORAS. Mega Ray and Unbound Hoopa are surely coming. Would the writers be lazy and just show Mega Diancie and Volcanion that appears out of nowhere all helping to attack the asteroid in what will probably a very big combined attack scene from the 3 regions?

P.S. The scene which shows Gurkinn may actually show a young Diantha and Green (since Steven mentioned that there was also an overseas student from another region). This kinda confuses the timeline a bit unless it suggests that Steven himself just came back from Kalos as well. This also gives us an idea of how far XY is from ORAS if that young lady is really Diantha.

Coronis~
    Last edited by Coronis; 1st August 2016 at 5:25 PM.

Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    So we only get half a chapter again, but it's expected since the writers were at the Comic Con.

While Giovanni's logic about Mega Evolution makes sense, I find it a bit odd since it works perfectly well game-wise, but in the manga scenario it seems odd that you can't Mega Evolve your Pokemon unless you are fighting another Pokemon.

Coronis~
    Huh, then that kinda leaves a plot hole, since Ruby mega-evolved Latios to fly, and he didn't need to battle anyone. Unless Giovanni's just wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Takaro_SoL View Post
    Huh, then that kinda leaves a plot hole, since Ruby mega-evolved Latios to fly, and he didn't need to battle anyone. Unless Giovanni's just wrong
    That is true. Didn't think of that.

Coronis~

Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

That is true. Didn't think of that.

Coronis~
    Maybe the meteor was still close enough at that point in time that Latios could mega evolve.
    Where'd I put my mallet?

If you want to be technical, that plot hole is entirely from the games, which also states Mega Evolution is battle-only.

Ruby is trying to stop the meteoroid, so I guess it still counts as fighting it? Maybe Soaring is special somehow?

That woman is in fact Diantha. We see her in that design back in her first appearance.

Hey, look at that, Winona and Flannery showed up. I can finally die in peace.

I just wanna see Ice Ninetails in Sun and Moon right now...

I love how Sapp slap that Granny. Everyone was like WTF. And talking about slap, I hope Sapp could slap Ruby hard on the next half. He deserved it. How much longer is he going to be this selfish? He should once discuss with her or Rald about the problem, not take it all himself. Wonder what role Hoopa Unbound will have given the limit screentime left for ORAS.

Hmm, well obviously it's just an effect of perspective, but Diantha looks even younger in this chapter than she does in her younger depiction in XY. She looks about 11-13 range here, and in XY her design looks at least a few years older, maybe 15-17. Lysandre mentions that that was around her first appearance as an actress, and that it was 'so long ago' (going by the viz translation anyways). I'm guessing at least 5 years or so, maybe more. So that would put XY potentially anywhere between 7 and 12 years after ORAS.

Boy doesn't that narrow it down.

Also I guess that makes the mega-evolution thing an even bigger plot-hole in the games than it does in the manga.

It took them a while for the Hoenn gym leaders (minus Norman) and the Hoenn Elite Four to arrive. I wonder why it took them so long to appear, since the Frontier Brains were surprisingly introduced first. Anyways, it's great everyone is involved in the plan to destroy the asteroid, including the Frontier Brains and the Johto Dex Holders. I have no clue about why they include Diantha's appearance in the ORAS chapter, but I hope they would further expand upon her connection with Hoenn in the XY chapter if they were to explain her cameo when the full volumes are released.

Can't wait until 8/16 for the second half!
    Last edited by XY&Z Legend; 2nd August 2016 at 9:33 PM.
    "Respect the old, search for the new".

July 29, 2016: The Big G Rises Again!!

Year of the Monkey: Year of the Infernape

where young diantha appears???

Interesting how they decide to involve the 3 regions' Gymleaders and Elite 4. It is the logical thing to do considering the impact of the incident.

Coronis~
    Might be the writer's way to show off the Kanto leaders redesigns since they never got to do it in FRLG or HGSS. I remember them talking about this in some interview.

Quote Originally Posted by 4de_92 View Post
    where young diantha appears???
    XY Chapter 9. Page right after it shows Mega Gardevoir

XY Chapter 9. Page right after it shows Mega Gardevoir
    Thank you I'm a little lost in xy arc.
    Maybe this a personal opinion, but I little disappointed abiout this saga, I don't feel the emotion of others remakes arc and is a little unbeliable that people still alive after they get mortal attacks. Well I don't want to throw tomatoes or flowers before the arc end.

Characters have survived dangerous attacks multiple times in the past. As I said in the last thread, there really isn't any reason why Ruby's head shouldn't have been ripped clean off when he was hit by Salamence's Dragon Claw.

If Pokespe were truly as realistic as some claim it to be, honestly every Dex holder should be dead by now.

Yellow should have burned in that volcano due to convection.

How did Red breathe when he was frozen?

Steven spent three weeks controlling the Regis. Did he sleep? Eat? ...Use the bathroom?

Et cetera.

Pokespe has never been truly in the realm of reality. But you could say that for a lot of Shonen manga.

Mega Evolution can also be used during Contests, and those definitely don't involve fighting other Pokémon.

Maybe Hoopa-U won't show up since it (probably) should be able to just teleport the meteor away.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtndrew24
    spoiler ansem isnt ansem but is actually pretending to be ansem as riku inside ansem pretending to be ansem

No Volcanion for XY or ORAS? Is this the first time Pokespecial skipped a legendary/mythical?

It could probably get some sort of cameo like Phione and Manaphy did at the end of Pt.

Quote Originally Posted by Karxrida View Post
    Mega Evolution can also be used during Contests, and those definitely don't involve fighting other Pokémon.

Maybe Hoopa-U won't show up since it (probably) should be able to just teleport the meteor away.
    Lisia doesn't have a Key Stone in Pokespe, so they wouldn't even know about that. It's still a competition, so it probably still counts, I guess.

Honestly, would teleporting the meteoroid even work? It's been established to be able to move, so what's stopping Deoxys from making a U-turn back to Earth?

Hmm, well obviously it's just an effect of perspective, but Diantha looks even younger in this chapter than she does in her younger depiction in XY. She looks about 11-13 range here, and in XY her design looks at least a few years older, maybe 15-17. Lysandre mentions that that was around her first appearance as an actress, and that it was 'so long ago' (going by the viz translation anyways). I'm guessing at least 5 years or so, maybe more. So that would put XY potentially anywhere between 7 and 12 years after ORAS.

Boy doesn't that narrow it down.

Also I guess that makes the mega-evolution thing an even bigger plot-hole in the games than it does in the manga.
    I think Diantha is an adult in XY since Malva regards as her the love rival for Lysandre.

And I think Mega Diancie and Hoopa Unbound (maybe Volcanion? I don't know it will appear in XY, ORAS, or somewhere, though) will appear until the regular volume launched.

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    And I think Mega Diancie and Hoopa Unbound (maybe Volcanion? I don't know it will appear in XY, ORAS, or somewhere, though) will appear until the regular volume launched.
    They better show Volcanion soon, otherwise, why would they mention Pyramid King Brandon in the lost broadcast tapes from the OR/AS games. If they might show Volcanion as a cameo, perhaps they would be saving him for Pokemon Sun/Moon with Magearna.
    "Respect the old, search for the new".

July 29, 2016: The Big G Rises Again!!

Year of the Monkey: Year of the Infernape

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast