Thread: Does anyone know if the box sets on Amazon are 1st edition/unaltered/uncensored?

Default Does anyone know if the box sets on Amazon are 1st edition/unaltered/uncensored?

If they are Does anyone know where, and or how I can get the unaltered/uncensored/1st edition copies offline for myself? Sorry I am new here.

The copies I got from Amazon are 2nd edition, so yeah they're the edited versions. I imagine that you could dig deeper in order to find the original translations that aren't censored, but they'd probably be pretty expensive and possibly hard to track down. Also only the first box set (RGB through Y chapters) even have formerly unaltered versions, and even then they aren't completely unaltered as the pages are flipped to left-to-right and some of the extra parts are missing (also they gave the volumes their own names). GSC and on will only have the altered localisations up on Amazon.

Hope this helps

Edit: The above only refers to the VIZ translation/localization. The Chuang Yi translation, which keeps most of the material in-tact and continues on til the Pt arc, also exists. However, you'd have to look on ebay for it since it was essentially only available everywhere that wasn't the USA, and also because the company went under, those versions are likely out of print. Almost all of those versions are also flipped to the left-to-right format.
    Last edited by Takaro_SoL; 14th June 2016 at 9:51 PM.