Thread: Favorite characters?

Default Favorite characters?

Which characters are your favorite and why?

My favorite characters are White, Platinum, and N. For N I liked his involvement with Team Plasma in the manga.

Platinum seems to get into lots of action from what I've heard and she reminds me of Dawn from the anime a little.

White's character design is my favorite out of everyone and from what I've seen so far, her character seems to be entertaining.

red, green, yellow, diamond, pearl, platinum, and white. i like all the pokedex holders, but those are my favorites.

favorite personality: pearl
    favorite design: white
    favorite group of dex holders: diamond, pearl, platinum
    Last edited by mystic9899; 3rd June 2017 at 9:53 PM.

I really like all the dex holder but these are my favorite:
    Favorite personality: Black and X
    Favorite design:Green oak and white
    Favorite group dynamics:The DP trio and the Kalos group.
    Last edited by Nebbygetinthebag; 9th July 2017 at 5:33 PM.

Credit for the banner goes to Satomine Night

Well here we go. There will only be characters from the RS, DPPt and B2W2 manga here, so bear in mind.

Steven - anyone who didn't see this coming does not know me well enough. Steven's manga adaption is probably both utterly awesome, but also the most heartbreaking and emotional adaption I've seen of him. He's a competent trainer who can be completely badass in times like with Granite Cave in Volume 16 and saving Wallace in Volume 21, but then from the latter moment on I think my heart just kind of exploded. Firtly one of the cutest bromance scenes ending with Steven giving the champion cape to Wallace takes place (where my shippy side perked up and also began crying at the same time), then Volume 22 happened.

Spoiler:- Final to the RS arc:

Wallace - following the last example, you probably know one of the more major reasons as to why I love him. Good god the bromance my emotions ended up in tatters. And

Spoiler:- Volume 22:

But yeah, aside from that, Wallace is just the ultimate fabulous guy, what more could I want?

Riley - underrated character is underrated. Seriously, you know I love aura at this point, and the manga version of it is definitely really cool. I loved the idea of it acting in a similar way to sound waves, and it kinda made the user instantly badass as a result. Aaaaaaand that user was Riley. So yeah! He may not have been a character who got oodles of development, but his more major role in both the DO and Pt manga made me extremely happy.

Spoiler:- DPPt Volumes 5, 8-11:

Also, both him and Maylene were the first trainers to advertise Lucario, which is really cool!

Colress - despite how his personality shifted from how it was in the games, I did really enjoy the shift! He's now more "mad scientist" than "Normal scientist", and I think that it actually worked to make him an awesome character. Also, no hiding about who he's leading now, everyone already knows he's the current Plasma leader!

I have more, but I'll add them later.
    Banner by me!

Serebii.net Fanfiction Profile

Note: I often struggle to get motivated to write or draw. Just because I don't update a story or my art gallery in a while does not mean that I've given up on that story or drawing. If I decide to cancel a project, I will post in the corresponding thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post
    Did they ever figure out who let the dogs out?
    Ongoing Stories:
    Bonds Between Children of Tragedy ~ Pokemon White Abridged ~ Encounters of an Elite Four Member
    One-Shots:
    Left Alone ~ A Simple Kalosian's Story
    Gallery:
    Nerdy McNerdface's Chibi Gallery

Well my single favourite character from the Pokemon Special manga is Red based on his accomplishments as well as his team and personality profile. In terms of group dynamics and chemistry among the characters however, I probably enjoyed Dia, Pearl and Platinum the most cuz they seemed so relatable and fun to watch. :3

Most Dexholders I find to be very enjoyable. So there's that.
    My top faves would probably be: Gold, Silver, Crystal, Platinum, Pearl, Dia, Blue (girl), Yellow, and Sapphire.
    My middle faves would probably be: Red, Green (boy), White, Ruby, and Y.
    And bringing up the kinda bottom of the Dexholders faves: Emerald, X, Black. Doesn't mean I don't like them though.

I haven't seen enough of Lack-Two and Whi-Two yet to place them. From what I've seen they'd probably make middle faves for me.
    Sun and Moon are too new, but they've been outstandingly interesting and fun. If they keep their pace both will make my top fave list. I so want a Moon avatar. Hopefully they'll add one for me

And as for non Dexholders I have very much enjoyed these characters as faves too: Pretty much every Gym Leader. The Gym Leaders are outstanding characters. Cheren, Bianca, Wally, Shauna, Tierno, Trevor, The Pokeclub presidents, evil teams and their leaders. I just love it all. I'd be struggling to find a character I didn't like XD
    Last edited by Platinum fan.; 5th June 2017 at 3:22 PM.
    Moon/Glovehead Berlitz! Make it a reality for a Berlitz reunion celebration!

Yellow was my favorite character because I felt she was underrated throughout the manga, and I have a soft spot for characters like that. She also had an interesting group of Pokemon, which is a plus.

Diamond and Emerald are my favorites.

Diamond's personality really sticks out to me above everyone else. He's just calm and most of the times he is just ridiculous. I like characters with a care-free attitude.

Emerald makes me laugh at times, but I think how he came off as a jerk in the Emerald chapter. I also like his design...well I like it a lot more when his hair is up.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

My favorite non dexholder is:Norman, Cynthia, Steven stone, Riley, Cheren, Bianca, Shauna,Trevor,Tierno,Norman,Iris, Misty,N,Wallace and Winona.

Credit for the banner goes to Satomine Night

The OGs come first. Red, Blue(....I always forget which one is Gary even when I'm reading the manga, he's meant to be second), Green, Yellow.... this is the ONLY version of Red I like, every other version is dull and overrated.... especially the Generations Red.
    Platinum
    Black and White, but Black is better.
    Ruby and Sapphire, don't care for Emerald.... which is funny cause I like the game Emerald more than Ruby/Sapphire. Other than that I pretty much like them the same amount.
    Gold and Silver, same as Ruby/Sapphire. I think they're both great!
    I never did read XY and I'm not going to, so that's why neither of those guys are here. I do plan on reading Sun/Moon and Black/White 2 at some point though, from what I've seen Sun looks like somebody I might enjoy. Maybe he'll be a favorite of mine, maybe he won't

Note-
    Just because Diamond, Pearl, and Crystal aren't there doesn't mean I hate or dislike them. Only Emerald has that honor. Diamond and Pearl are cool, but eh..... I just don't like them too much.

Others:
    Lance - BEST version of Lance, this is pretty much the ONLY Pokemon continuity I'll ever consider a Champion better than Cynthia.
    Cynthia
    N

Dexholders: Red, Sapphire, Moon and Y
    Non : Steven, Lance, N and Gladion looks interesting
    Last edited by horrahforyou; 4th August 2017 at 5:34 PM.

I like all the Dex holder but I'm only pick a a few that stand out imo,in no particular order
    Red:despite being generic,he is an enjoyable pprotagonist with a simple motivation and a really great design,I really love his design in flrg.
    Diamond:he is lovable and cute,I like his character and his friendship with pearl and platinum.
    Yellow:another ok character with ok motivation,I just wish her journey was a bit better but she is an amazing supporting character.
    Yvonne:very entertaining, her antic are fun and I love her sky battle outfit.
    Black:like yvonne,he is a fun character with a silly ability and his team is really cool.
    My favorite non dexholder is:Giovanni,bill,the kalos kids,ultima,Gaby and ty.
    Last edited by I am serperior; 12th August 2017 at 12:06 AM.

The boy who shouted "Help!" on the 178th page of Volume 13.

I'm not kidding, someone really voted for him in the first character popularity poll on Netkun, ranked 130th with one vote.

Definitely an unusual favorite, though not mine.
    I don't come here as often as I used to, do I?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    The boy who shouted "Help!" on the 178th page of Volume 13.

I'm not kidding, someone really voted for him in the first character popularity poll on Netkun, ranked 130th with one vote.

Definitely an unusual favorite, though not mine.
    Actually looking at that list, I'm really intrigued and amused by the results. The first character to show up on the list who isn't a Dex Holder is Steven at #10, which I wasn't expecting but am pleasantly surprised by! I also wasn't expecting Courtney to be following him straight after at #11. The list continues to get interesting, but to my utmost surprise I don't think I can see Cynthia anywhere on the list at all. Considering how popular she is over here in the west (or, middle I guess if we're speaking of the UK?) when it comes to the games and anime, that really surprised me.
    Banner by me!

Note: I often struggle to get motivated to write or draw. Just because I don't update a story or my art gallery in a while does not mean that I've given up on that story or drawing. If I decide to cancel a project, I will post in the corresponding thread.

Ongoing Stories:
    Bonds Between Children of Tragedy ~ Pokemon White Abridged ~ Encounters of an Elite Four Member
    One-Shots:
    Gallery:

Cynthia and any of the DP characters aren't in this poll because I don't think they existed yet back when this poll was held (around 2005, I think?) In the second popularity poll held in 2011, she would rank around 23rd.

Cynthia and any of the DP characters aren't in this poll because I don't think they existed yet back when this poll was held (around 2005, I think?) In the second popularity poll held in 2011, she would rank around 23rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdy McNerdface View Post
    Actually looking at that list, I'm really intrigued and amused by the results. The first character to show up on the list who isn't a Dex Holder is Steven at #10, which I wasn't expecting but am pleasantly surprised by! I also wasn't expecting Courtney to be following him straight after at #11. The list continues to get interesting, but to my utmost surprise I don't think I can see Cynthia anywhere on the list at all. Considering how popular she is over here in the west (or, middle I guess if we're speaking of the UK?) when it comes to the games and anime, that really surprised me.
    To answer your question on why Cynthia didn't made the list, this character poll was taken way back in November 2005. Since the Diamond and Pearl games were released in 2006, Cynthia wouldn't be properly introduced during that time. However, a second popularity poll did came out in 2011 and showed Cynthia on the list at rank #27, alongside Anabel, Volkner, Norman, and N. Even though her appearances in the Main Series games was very appreciated by fans, I found it very surprising to find her ranked lower in the poll, which makes it more heartbreaking as her fellow champions, Steven & Lance, ranked higher than her.

Back to the topic, my favorite dexholders have to be Diamond, Emerald & Gold as they are both funny and have some of the best character development in the series. Emerald was badly underrated and doesn't deserve hate from the fan community because he replaced Wally as a dexholder. Sure Emerald was a jerk at first, but after reading about his tragic backstory, it made me sympathize him, which gave his character much needed development.

As for the non-dexholders, it has to be:

Steven Stone- competitive heart, serious personality, and likable character. He has excellent chemistry with the main heroes and has a good relationship with the other characters, particularly Wallace. His death was a huge tearjerker in the series, but I was glad he was revived in the end.

Colress- best version of villainy in all of his appearances. His cunning, quirky personality helps bring darkness to his character, making him one of the series' evil villains. His devious act towards freezing Blake & Whitley justifies his unsympathetic nature. If anyone says he's not as evil as Ghetsis or Sird, I disagree.

Anabel- spirited competitor, stern but likable personality, what more could be said. Of all the Hoenn frontier brains, I found Anabel to be the most enjoyable since most of her companions felt more like jerks with little redeeming qualities. While she does have her jerky moments, I appreciated her willingness to remain calm in dangerous situations and also listening to reason when her companions refuse to help. Even after the Emerald chapter, Anabel had left a good impression on me. I'm looking forward to see her return in the Sun & Moon chapter.
    Last edited by XY&Z Legend; 14th August 2017 at 5:08 AM.
    "Respect the old, search for the new".

"There is no knowledge that is not power." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Goodbye Kalos, Hello Alola!

Oh, well I guess that makes more sense then. But it's even crazier that even when she showed up in a later poll, she still wasn't the highest ranked champion. And it's still unexpected yet awesome that Steven ranked as the highest non-Pokedex holder on the list.
    Banner by me!

Ongoing Stories:
    One-Shots:
    Gallery:

Platinum is my favorite, but she is nothing like Dawn (which is one of the reasons why i like her). She is stoic, posh and highly intelligent.

If i had to compare her to someone in the anime, i guess i would compare her to Salvia.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdy McNerdface View Post
    Oh, well I guess that makes more sense then. But it's even crazier that even when she showed up in a later poll, she still wasn't the highest ranked champion. And it's still unexpected yet awesome that Steven ranked as the highest non-Pokedex holder on the list.
    Couldn't agree more about Steven being the most popular non-Pokedex holder, though it's based on how his character was portrayed in the manga that won fans over. However, this poll was only conducted by fans in Japan, so his popularity may change with an international audience. Overall, Steven's ranking in the top 10 is very impressive, despite all the support going to the Pokedex holders.

What I'm most surprised about these polls was Anabel's enduring popularity among fans. In the 1st poll, she was the 8th most popular among the non-Pokedex holders (technically 7th if you put her together with Bill), which I found to be most impressive. Even though she was ranked lower in the 2nd poll, I was shocked, but overjoyed, to see her name among the runner-ups, making her the only Hoenn frontier brain to place on the list. After over 10 chapters of Pokemon Special, it is still surprising to believe how reception towards this character remained strong.
    Last edited by XY&Z Legend; 14th August 2017 at 4:50 AM.
    "Respect the old, search for the new".

"There is no knowledge that is not power." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Goodbye Kalos, Hello Alola!

Man, this is a hard one. Most of these people will be from Sinnoh because DPPt is my favorite arc, mainly for the characterization.

Favorite Dex Holder: Diamond. By far the best personality imo. Although, Sun, Gold, Red, Pearl, Platinum, and Blue/Green (the guy)
    Favorite villain: Sird, by far. I love how Kusaka set up the plans of Sird over several years and arcs, and I wish she would come back (she is BY FAR the most evil character of the series. Granted, I haven't finished XY or BW2, but she'll be hard to beat.)
    Favorite side character: Sinnoh Gym Chairman. Not kidding, I love how he turns from a guy always yelling at them to leave the gym to someone who travels with Dia and Pearl.
    Favorite Champion/Gym Leader/E4 Member: Has to be a tie between Cynthia, Misty, Erika, (Blue/Green, but he doesn't really count), Blaine, Bruno, Lance, and Steven. I wasn't a fan of the Kanto E4 being villains but I do love what Kusaka did with Lance.
    Least Favorite Dex Holder: If you know me, you will know I HATE Ruby, and I think that he's a huge jerk (although Deus Ex Celebi was a good thing coming from him).
    I'm not sure if anyone posted this yet, but, when they refer to "the hardest battle ever", maybe...

Spoiler:- The Hardest Battle in Pokemon History!!:

Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderingMist View Post
    Ah, the untoppable battle, from which no other battle can take the crown. Charizard - X vs. Ash-Greninja? Pikachu vs. Latios? Those were mere side events compared to that battle.