Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Manga release thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    I've been buying the Chuang Yi books off Ebay for a few years now, and it's always been a good experience. Nothing "dodgy" about it. So if you want volumes 15-29, Ebay is a good place to go to (and really, I don't know where else you could get them...)

I'm not sure what you mean by whether the spine is hard or not (my CY books' spines do feel the same as my Viz DPA books' spines though), but I would say that the CY volumes are high quality. I have never had a reason to think otherwise.
    Thanks that makes me feel better. I guess "dodgy" was too strong of a word but it feels like a different experience buying them off Ebay. Basically the primary seller was missing a couple of volumes, namely the Emerald Arc, and I couldn't buy what I needed in one fell swoop.

So what does everyone think of the RSE FRLG arc. I liked the DP arc, or at the least the ones Viz has released, but it is worth my money to grab RSE and FRLG? Nine dollars fifty a pop isn't cheap. That seems to be the going rate on EBAY. Can someone look at the link at the bottom and tell me about their experiences, or just their topical opinion, about the seller.

For some reason, it seems like 15-25 are 9.50 but 26-29 are 19 dollars each.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ENGLISH-COMI...item230b2d26d7
    So that's what kids call it these days...

So... They are releasing these mini chapters of b&w, those are part if the Adventures series correct? They are going to release full chapters of those eventually right? I don't want to pay 5.00 for three chapters per book.

Quote Originally Posted by RiRiGaGaLover View Post
    So... They are releasing these mini chapters of b&w, those are part if the Adventures series correct? They are going to release full chapters of those eventually right? I don't want to pay 5.00 for three chapters per book.
    I don't think it's been said for certain, but I'd hope they would. Though it's hard to say when they're start releasing full-length volumes - I doubt they'd want to cut into the sales of the mini-volumes too soon.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Hi there, first post, just like to make it clear im an entire novice to manga

I found the entire prospect of getting into Pokémon manga daunting, so many different arcs and volumes and publishers, so as you can imagine, when viz announced the re-release of Pokémon adventures (what appears to be the primary manga?) in a 'second edition' format I was thrilled.

I havent yet bought any though, and im very confused.

I noticed that volumes 1-14 are readily available in this 'second edition' format, which covers RGB, Yellow & GSC - all wrapped up nicely. But yet, it doesn't seem like volume 15 is about to be released to kick-start ruby and sapphire off. But I see that diamond and pearl are being released and from '1', and black and white...

I assume black and white is the current arc, and that it is ongoing - no problem, but what about this 'second edition', did they stop at 14 and start again from 30... missing out a portion? Is 'Pokemon Adventures Platinum' (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pokemon-Adve...82&sr=1-1)even part of this second release, afterall, the link does show it starting from 1 and not 30.

So confused, I was just hoping that the current 1-14 wouldn't stop there, but would be 1-38 at least.
    Last edited by Lacrimosus; 8th November 2011 at 2:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacrimosus View Post

I found the entire prospect of getting into Pokémon manga daunting, so many different arcs and volumes and publishers, so as you can imagine, when viz announced the re-release of Pokémon adventures (what appears to be the primary manga?) in a 'second edition' format I was thrilled.

I noticed that volumes 1-14 are readily available in this 'second edition' format, which covers RGB, Yellow & GSC - all wrapped up nicely. But yet, it doesn't seem like volume 15 is about to be released to kick-start ruby and sapphire off. But I see that diamond and pearl are being released and from '1', and black and white...

I assume black and white is the current arc, and that it is ongoing - no problem, but what about this 'second edition', did they stop at 14 and start again from 30... missing out a portion? Is 'Pokemon Adventures Platinum' (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pokemon-Adve...82&sr=1-1)even part of this second release, afterall, the link does show it starting from 1 and not 30.

So confused, I was just hoping that the current 1-14 wouldn't stop there, but would be 1-38 at least.

First edition issued volume1-7,

and second edition after it issued volume1-14 (include first round in volume15 )

DPPt is issued directly as volume1, and volume15-29 are skipped.

BW is also issued directly, but it is not yet release the volumes in Japan.

So it is the interception of the contents of the magazine, and assembled a few round issued a volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacrimosus View Post

I assume black and white is the current arc, and that it is ongoing - no problem, but what about this 'second edition', did they stop at 14 and start again from 30... missing out a portion? Is 'Pokemon Adventures Platinum' (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pokemon-Adve...82&sr=1-1)even part of this second release, after all, the link does show it starting from 1 and not 30.

Just to add to the answer above. Don't worry. You've pretty much got it, Viz is unfortunately skipping the stuff between G/S/C and D/P. Its confusing and annoying to a lot of fans.

Why Viz is skipping them is not known, but the top theories are:
    1) They feel R/S/Fr/Lg/E are too violent (or otherwise controversial) to be released for kids and don't feel as though they can sell a Pokemon manga with a higher rating. If this is the case we may never get it, so I hope it isn't. Considering their edits to Crystal's meeting with her mom, though, there is legitimacy behind this theory.

2) They feel that as the third-gen games are not recent enough, kids wouldn't buy the arcs revolving around unfamiliar characters. Even though R/G/B/Y/Fr/Lg were "old" as well, they acted as a direct prequel to to G/S/C, and were released to tie in with the HeartGold and SoulSilver games. The 3rd gen arcs weren't referenced in D/P/Pt until much later, and were overlooked by Viz as something the fans wouldn't buy. If true, Viz underestimates the fans, who are already buying the series and would likely continue to do so even if they didn't already know about the third gen games simply because, well, they already like the series. Not to mention that had they kept the original volumes, with the last chapter of G/S/C included with the beginning of R/S, the fans would have been introduced to the 3rd gen cast as they finished the arc they were already reading.

3) Related to 2, they are holding off on releasing the volumes to coincide with the speculated release of R/S/E remakes. However, this means that they're basing their decision on a "maybe" (even though the maybe has precedent), which seems a little unprofessional. Even so, this reason provides the most hope for their eventual release - though leaves questions about the fates of the Fr/Lg and Emerald arcs, and the later HG/SS arc.

As for the Platinum arc, I hope it will be translated normally after D/P ends, but as that's when the skipped arcs will come into play, there are concerns among the fanbase that it will be skipped as well. Especially since by then the earliest 4th gen games will be "old." This mostly relates to speculated reason number 2. Though as Platinum (not fully, anyway), HG/SS and B/W are not even in volumes in Japan yet, I wouldn't worry about them at the moment. (Other than the fact that the mini-B/W volumes are likely to confuse some readers that don't know that the magazine releases in Japan are as odd as they are, spread across 3 magazines and not "complete" until the volume release.)
    Last edited by Ememew; 8th November 2011 at 5:10 AM.

Chuang Yi is releasing volume 38 on 24 Nov

Source: http://www.chuangyi.com.sg/new2/ecat...MON+ADVENTURES

Took 'em long enough.

Volume 40 better come out soon or they probably won't release volume 39 for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by kawaii-lurve View Post
    Chuang Yi is releasing volume 38 on 24 Nov

Source: http://www.chuangyi.com.sg/new2/ecat...MON+ADVENTURES
    Oh wow, I have to get that soon. ^_^
    When did they announce they were releasing it? I checked the CY website just a few days ago and it didn't say anything about volume 38...

Me and my best friend (pokemon diamond !)are big fans of the manga.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

VIZ is releasing Pokemon Adventures Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Volume 6 on October 2 , 2012

http://www.vizkids.com/products/prod...roduct_id=9748

Unlike the other entries for the 3rd gen manga series , This one has an actual details about the volume like how the other DPPt volumes have details about them also. Though I do find it strange that it came up a VIZ Kids Catalog for Spring 2011 when I type the id being 9749. It might be that they are being smart enough to release Volumes 15 through 29 before we get into the volumes that have Sird in it. I do though hope that they would do that since the FRLG series introduces Sird while they would have a big plot hole about Sird if they just release Volume 36 (volume 7 of the Viz release of the DPPt arc) before the FRLG arc.
    Last edited by DaAuraWolf; 23rd December 2011 at 4:51 PM. Reason: 36 , not 35 sillyhead.

Smashin' !

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioWolf View Post
    VIZ is releasing Pokemon Adventures Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Volume 6 on October 2 , 2012

http://www.vizkids.com/products/prod...roduct_id=9748

Unlike the other entries for the 3rd gen manga series , This one has an actual details about the volume like how the other DPPt volumes have details about them also. Though I do find it strange that it came up a VIZ Kids Catalog for Spring 2011 when I type the id being 9749. It might be that they are being smart enough to release Volumes 15 through 29 before we get into the volumes that have Sird in it. I do though hope that they would do that since the FRLG series introduces Sird while they would have a big plot hole about Sird if they just release Volume 36 (volume 7 of the Viz release of the DPPt arc) before the FRLG arc.
    I'm confused. What are you saying about the Gen III arcs?

Platinum gets a new Pokémon, and an old Pokémon friend gets a Trainer! Then, our trio divide and conquer. While Platinum skis the slopes and pursues her Glacier Badge, Pearl investigates Team Galactic, and Diamond stumbles upon a luxurious mansion staffed by a stuffy butler. Where could Diamond be...?!

Meanwhile, what is Team Galactic member Mars doing with that mysterious flying camera...?

Plus, meet Snover, Froslass, Lickilicky, Yanmega and many more Sinnoh Pokémon friends!
    YES! YES!

They didn't give her that stupid fan nickname!

I was talking about that they might release Volumes 15 - 29 starting next December since that they didn't have Volume 36 (Volume 7 in the Viz Translation of the DPPt arc) listed as the next number in sequence. Though if it was the part about the pages for the 3rd gen arc on Viz Kids site , I meant that Volume 35 had info for the volume plus release date while the placeholder pages for Volumes 15 - 29 just had the intended release date only. Hope that clears that up for you on that about the 3rd gen arcs by the way.

Smashin' !

Spoiler:- Img:

Pokemon (Adventures) Black & White volume 5 cover has been revealed.

Dat Burgh.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
        Spoiler:- Img:

Pokemon (Adventures) Black & White volume 5 cover has been revealed.

Dat Burgh.
    Cool cover. I noticed Gigi's bow is the right color.

Actually kinda shocked that they revealed the cover for the fifth volume of the BW arc of the Pokemon Adventures. I'd actually thought that they would have the volume art for it a bit sooner like about a month ago from today. But hey , Great Cover for the fifth volume anyways. I hope that they would have more than 3 chapters this time around. Like about 4 to 5 chapters would be great. I mean that it would be a dollar per chapter since the books run around $5.00 at Books-A-Millon.

Other than that , I hope that they would have ever Gym Leader on the cover of the volume that Black battles them for the rest of the arc. I mean that they have so far except of them having Lenora on the fourth volume. Though I guess the reason why the did that was because it would catch fire like Jynx's original coloring if they had her on that cover. I mean that they changed her artwork from the original art with the apron to the new artwork without the apron.

Smashin' !

http://www.viz.com/sites/default/fil...pd/pd10177.jpg

Cover for volume 6. Gigi's bow is now purple. Release date is March 6th.
    Where'd I put my mallet?

Gigi must change her bow each day. I wonder what the next color will be. And lol with Bianca. I must remember to get this when it comes out.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

She's a star, guys.

Why wouldn't she change bows.

Just because it takes years for people in this series to change their clothes, doesn't mean the Pokemon should be limited to it.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    She's a star, guys.

Why wouldn't she change bows.

Just because it takes years for people in this series to change their clothes, doesn't mean the Pokemon should be limited to it.
    Yeah, that makes sense. And you just made my bad day.

The 6th volume for Black and White. They must have given up on HGSS. What chapters will the 6th volume cover? I've seen 4, 3, 3, 3, 4 of 5 volumes in chapters. And this 6th volume might cover the event it took in the ferris wheel and Black wanting revenge for White.
    I am Red, Knights of the Pokemon Round Table. I have come afar to bring justice to all warriors and trainers with my valiant Pokemon and my weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_the_knight View Post
    The 6th volume for Black and White. They must have given up on HGSS. What chapters will the 6th volume cover? I've seen 4, 3, 3, 3, 4 of 5 volumes in chapters. And this 6th volume might cover the event it took in the ferris wheel and Black wanting revenge for White.
    HGSS isn't in volume form yet. They haven't given up on it yet, it has barely begun.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Red_the_knight View Post
    The volumes of Black and White were NOT made in Japan.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 25th January 2012 at 5:33 PM.

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast