Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Manga release thread

Quote Originally Posted by ReiZerou View Post
    It's probably not coincidence. It makes perfect sense for them to choose the 10th anniversary to start releasing the arcs. They have to have some kind of way to advertise the volumes, do they? Because they think that otherwise their target audience won't know what the games the arcs are based to are. They weren't even born when they came out. FireRed/LeafGreen and Emerald arcs would also start on their anniversary years.
    And Emerald arcs end on 7/7......

That's quite awesome. Perhaps they thought of this beforehand after the GSC arc. I wonder after the DPPt arc, they will release that bundle in a couple of years. Just think, but the end of DPPt, we will have about 11 volumes of having Adventures in Sinnoh.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    That's quite awesome. Perhaps they thought of this beforehand after the GSC arc. I wonder after the DPPt arc, they will release that bundle in a couple of years. Just think, but the end of DPPt, we will have about 11 volumes of having Adventures in Sinnoh.
    How they embody HGSS?

I've been waiting for this portion of the manga for quite a while: Ruby/Sapphire, FireRed/LeafGreen, and Emerald. It'll be nice to have on my manga shelf. I do have a question though:

How does Pokemon Adventures break down after Diamond and Pearl? I know Diamond and Pearl take up 30 to maybe 38. But what comes next in volumes? Platinum? Heart Gold and Soul Silver? Black and White?

Quote Originally Posted by Mewzard View Post
    How does Pokemon Adventures break down after Diamond and Pearl? I know Diamond and Pearl take up 30 to maybe 38. But what comes next in volumes? Platinum? Heart Gold and Soul Silver? Black and White?
    Platinum starts halfway vol. 38 and ends in 40. HGSS starts in vol. 41 and next volume should be the finale. BW probably starts in vol. 43.

Holy mother of freaking Jesus.

This is much too good to be true. Much, much too good to be true...

and yet..........

All is forgiven, Viz... if you're actually releasing it.
    "It's not who I am inside, but what I do that defines me."- Batman. Started by GreatGonzales

I wonder, why are the prices listed for the Ruby/Sapphire volumes higher than normal?

I'm still unsure what to make of this.
    "But sometimes I have to ask myself this question. It's true that to us his imaginings are nothing but the inventions of a busy mind. But to him, there simply is no other reality. Furthermore he is happy there.

So why, I ask myself, why in the name of healing him must we drag him painfully into the world of our own reality?"

~Doctor's memo, from Silent Hill 2

Quote Originally Posted by 1dbad View Post
    I wonder, why are the prices listed for the Ruby/Sapphire volumes higher than normal?

I'm still unsure what to make of this.
    VIZ wants more money? Pokémon manga is quite succesful, after all. Or they don't think they will sell that well and want to at least cover their costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ReiZerou View Post
    VIZ wants more money? Pokémon manga is quite succesful, after all. Or they don't think they will sell that well and want to at least cover their costs.
    That's definitely possible, though it's weird they'd only do it for those volumes. And that's possible too I guess, though silly considering how well the manga has sold so far.
    Last edited by 1dbad; 11th October 2012 at 6:28 PM.
    "But sometimes I have to ask myself this question. It's true that to us his imaginings are nothing but the inventions of a busy mind. But to him, there simply is no other reality. Furthermore he is happy there.

So why, I ask myself, why in the name of healing him must we drag him painfully into the world of our own reality?"

~Doctor's memo, from Silent Hill 2

As long as it's within ten dollars, I'm fine. Even moreso if the release is for real.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

This is amazing, considering how I almost just placed an order for the FRLG arc volumes. Of course, this is all just dangling from the fact that they're actually doing it.
    "It's not who I am inside, but what I do that defines me."- Batman. Started by GreatGonzales

I just saw the prices were higher then usual. That's interesting. I guess Viz is really going to make you pay for gen 3. Well it's still cheaper then getting the CY version for me so I don't mind. Most popular manga are this amount anyway. I hope this is real and not a mistake and we get all three Gen 3 arcs.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

It's probably just the MSRP. They'll probably actually be the same price they usually are.

See, MSRP is just a fancy way of saying "Hey, we're gonna say it's this much so you feel like you're getting a bargain."

Follow Steven Stone on his journey from bored rich boy to hardened Champion! Click the link and let the adventure begin!

VIZ is supposed to be making announcements at NYCC later today about upcoming releases and new acquisitions (recall th TPCi issue). We should hear about any March releases then. Still can't believe it took a year and a half.

Edit: It seems they didn't announce anything Pokémon-related. However, I found this on vizkids.com. Volume 37 is coming out on June 4. This is when Sird returns.
    Last edited by Lumineon457; 15th October 2012 at 3:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    That's a little blurry. Still nice, though.

Here's the full size.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    That's a little blurry. Still nice, though.

Here's the full size.
    Nice job!

Thank you!!

when vol 42 comes out ? been out of the loop for so long.

Visiting Serebii.net
    everyday since the
    ~ Year 2000 ~
    during the Summer

Quote Originally Posted by Jade View Post
    when vol 42 comes out ? been out of the loop for so long.
    The first post exists for a reason.

The 26th.

Originally posted by lolipiece
    The first post exists for a reason.

The 26th.
    Really? I thought it was the 28th.
    I am Red, Knights of the Pokemon Round Table. I have come afar to bring justice to all warriors and trainers with my valiant Pokemon and my weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_the_knight View Post
    Really? I thought it was the 28th.
    It's the 26th.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    It's the 26th.
    I noticed that you recently updated the first post, but did not add volume 37. I posted earlier a link to vizkids.com listing a june 2013 release date and cover for said volume. It is also on the release calendar. It is not, however, on any other websites.

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    Nice job!

Thank you!!
    Platinum fan always loves new covers to stare at. Is it just me or does it look like Crystal is flying out of Gyarados's mouth on the cover? Still a nice cover. I wonder how many volumes HGSS will have? I imagine three?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Seems like this is the last HGSS volume..which sucks.
    This chapter had a lot of potential and hopefully Kusaka will find a way to finish it in a great way. Even if it's like 17 rounds long (which is the number of rounds i imagine it will end up having, if the 42th volume comes with the almost always-usual 10 chapters).

Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast