Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Manga release thread

Quote Originally Posted by Giratina_ruler View Post
    So it was confirmed we are getting the FRLG arc?
    Not exactly. Though it could be if VIZ decides to after the RS arc is done which is in the same volume that FRLG ends.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    IIRC the first BW volume is out 6 or so months after the Japanese one. So we should be about half a year behind Japan with some gaps in Gen III and IV. It's not too bad considering how long Viz waited to start translating the manga.
    Yeah, That plus the fact they've gotten out about 19 volumes that weren't published here before plus the reprints of the first 7 that were released first here back when Pokémon first came here in just the span of just roughly 4 1/2 years. So that's roughly 26 volumes that they have released here since they restarted back in June of 2009.

Besides, I kinda wouldn't mind if VIZ (quite possibly the Shonnen Jump division) picks up to start releasing Reburst here. Though I'm happy right now with the outpour of PokeSpecial currently from Viz.

Smashin' !

Oh hey guys the cover images for Volumes 41 and 43 are up.

If HGSS only hvae two volumes, we will probably not get Palmer on back cover.

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    If HGSS only hvae two volumes, we will probably not get Palmer on back cover.
    I am still raging about how they never bothered to put the Sinnoh trio on a backcover. There's not even an official art of them.

And I really wish that they would have put the Rocket Generals on a backcover instead of the Johto Elite Four (who were already on backcovers before, or at least the majority of them).

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post

They look awesome! The page counts still say 192 though...wonder how they're going to distribute the chapters.

Hey guys. Isn't Vol. 16 of Pokemon Adventures out today?
    If so, did anyone get their copy early and would mind telling details about any changes or names and stuff in that volume?
    BUNP

Quote Originally Posted by chamo-chan View Post
    Hey guys. Isn't Vol. 16 of Pokemon Adventures out today?
    If so, did anyone get their copy early and would mind telling details about any changes or names and stuff in that volume?
    My evil bookstore decided they wouldn't get them in anymore, otherwise I'd have it by now. If nobody else replies, I'll post when it arrives.
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

If you want my Friend Safari, please send me a PM so I can add you.

@ Ever Changer: ah, alright.
    I pre-ordered mine from Amazon, and it shipped out today. Supposedly, it will arrive either Tomorrow or Thursday. Either way, if no one else has the book in that time, I'll post some info. Though I'm pretty sure someone will get it in that time.
    BUNP

Alright.

So what we need is:

Chapter titles.
    Nicknames for Sapphire's Wailord. Probably it'll be the same.
    Censorship? God, only two more months till that volume...
    See if they fix Chuang Yi's translation mistakes. (Courtney and Tabitha's names. Dock's name being Tuga. Calling the Submarine Explorer I the Kaien I.)
    Mack's Viz name. Once again, it'll probably be the same.

Alright. I got my copy of Vol. 16 today.

Chapter titles:

191: Blowing Past Nosepass II
    192: Stick This in Your Craw, Crawdaunt! I
    193: Stick This in Your Craw, Crawdaunt! II
    194: Guile From Mawile
    195: Mashing Makuhita
    196: Ring Ring Goes Beldum
    197: Heavy Hitting Hariyama
    198: Adding It Up with Plusle & Minun I
    199: Adding It Up with Plusle & Minun II
    200: Tripped Up by Torkoal
    201: Slugging It Out with Slugma

Wailord's name: Lorry

Courtney and Tabitha are indeed Courtney and Tabitha. Mack's name, however, appears to be Blaise.

The guy with Capt. Stern is Mr. Dock. The ship is Submarine Explorer I.

As far as I know, nothing got censored, but I certainly could've missed something. Volume 17...yeah, that's gonna be interesting. Watch Ruby get a stern lecture.

(This is off-topic, but I just love how Maxie is introduced lounging around with a bottle of wine in his hand. What a guy.)

Edit: also, the three Magma admins are the "Three Fires" according to the team profile at the back of the book.

Edit 2: as e9310103838 points out below, the three Aqua admins are called "The Three S's" in the character profile. Thanks!
    Last edited by ElectricBassClef; 8th May 2013 at 4:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    I happen to know for a fact that Giratina helps disadvantaged kids on weekends, Haunter donates to charity and Banette runs a knitting club for the elderly. Where do you get off on calling them evil?
    3DS FC: 2621 3770 1029 Panpour Gyarados Azumarill

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricBassClef View Post
    also, the three Magma admins are the "Three Fires" according to the team profile at the back of the book.
    And what are the three Aqua admins? 3S?

I looked, but I couldn't find a place where they're referred to as anything but the "Aqua admins" in either Volume 15 or 16.
    I happen to know for a fact that Giratina helps disadvantaged kids on weekends, Haunter donates to charity and Banette runs a knitting club for the elderly. Where do you get off on calling them evil?

I looked, but I couldn't find a place where they're referred to as anything but the "Aqua admins" in either Volume 15 or 16.
    But they called SSS(3S) also according to the team profile at the back of the book.

Well, at least they will explain why they called 3S in volume 20.

Edit: Never mind, you're right. It does say they're the Three S's in the VIZ book. Thanks for pointing that out. Don't know how I missed it.
    Last edited by ElectricBassClef; 8th May 2013 at 4:35 AM.

Mack's name, however, appears to be Blaise.
    Oh, spelled exactly like that?
    Yaoi is a genre of homosexuality, not a synonym for it!
    Get it right.
    Hidden Leaf - Natane || Hayato - Wing Master || Phantom Menace - Matsuba || Renbu - Holy Knight

shipping tumblr / Shippers Record Keeper of BMGf / Massive Collection of Unnamed 'Ships

Quote Originally Posted by Toran Frostbite View Post
    Oh, spelled exactly like that?
    Yep, spelled exactly like that.

Blaise can be considered a better name than Mack when compared to his original Japanese name (ホカゲ Hokage, "Firelight"), so that's pretty good.
    I really, really hope they don't censor anything in volume 17, but as VIZ has shown in volume 11, they'll censor anything deemed necessary, even if it carries necessary emotional impact.
    Do a barrel roll!

Sabrina was still naked as you could make out her bare back (nothing else though). Also Gold touched Blue's butt.

If the infamous butt pat can make it in, then all bets are off on what can make it in. I'm curious about parts like Ruby and Norman's...father and son time. I wish I could pick these up, but I can't at the moment. Saving for something else.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

The butt thing doesn't even count. They made it look like it was an accident.

Also, another thing.

What did Steven call himself in this version? In the Japanese and Chuang Yi version, he called himself a Stone Getter.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Also, another thing.

What did Steven call himself in this version? In the Japanese and Chuang Yi version, he called himself a Stone Getter.
    He says he's a Stone Collector. Sounds better than "stone getter" IMO, in English anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    The butt thing doesn't even count. They made it look like it was an accident.
    It's still a boy patting a girl's butt. Accident or not, it'd still send up red flags for the image alone. Just saying.

There's a huge difference between a butt pat and a father socking his son in the face.
    Do a barrel roll!

Quote Originally Posted by JB2448 View Post
    There's a huge difference between a butt pat and a father socking his son in the face.
    Is there really? They have to be pretty close on the "what we can put in our books without parents questioning us" scale. And the scene with Norman is too big of a thing to just edit out if you ask me. But they took out Crystal's mom slapping her so I guess it could happen.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast