Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1207

Thread: Upcoming Manga release thread

"Twice yearly", huh?

No more mini-volumes. Not that it's surprising. It'll probably be easier on them anyway since they won't need to color chapter pages.

Hey wait. Black and White didn't have the "Adventures" label on it. Are they not gonna do the regular volumes once those come out? (Not that there would be much of a point to it.)

Quote Originally Posted by TheViolentTomboy View Post
    http://www.kuriousity.ca/2014/06/pr-...-manga-series/

Looks like we're getting that CoroCoro XY volume this year! No announced release date yet, though.
    So X will really be named "X" in VIZ ver.?

I'm really confused about XY now. Is the Japanese version of XY 1 definitely an unfinished magazine collection that'll become obselete in a year or two? Or have Viz just made a mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    I'm really confused about XY now. Is the Japanese version of XY 1 definitely an unfinished magazine collection that'll become obselete in a year or two? Or have Viz just made a mistake?
    Knowing Viz's track record with Adventures here lately, It's more than likely a mistake on their part since it seems to me that everything in that XY volume 1 is straight from the magazine run and doesn't have the full volume edits to it that most other rounds have had when it comes from the magazine run to the actual full volume.

Smashin' !

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    The Japanese version only contains chapters from CoroCoro Ichiban, so there are no chapters from Pokémon Fan in those temporary volumes. So yes, it's not final.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    I think i'll skip the mini-volumes this time, even if the XY volume releases won't be for a LONG time.
    Smart move.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricBassClef View Post
    I got it. Chapter titles are The Final Dimensional Duel I-XI. Dia and Pearl are on the spine, image taken from the cover. Nothing was edited or censored as far as I can tell. However, the full-colour "Best Scene Collection" pages were removed entirely. I'm disappointed, but I can't say I'm surprised.
    WHAT THE ****. Those cheap ********. With all the money they ripped off people buying the BW mini volumes they have no excuse to not print a few colour pages. They did the same thing to the colour pages in volume 20. I think we should start sending e-mails to them calling out their bs and tell them that this is not acceptable. Otherwise they'll just remove all future colour pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Reader X View Post
    The Japanese version only contains chapters from CoroCoro Ichiban, so there are no chapters from Pokémon Fan in those temporary volumes. So yes, it's not final.

Smart move.

WHAT THE ****. Those cheap ********. With all the money they ripped off people buying the BW mini volumes they have no excuse to not print a few colour pages. They did the same thing to the colour pages in volume 20. I think we should start sending e-mails to them calling out their bs and tell them that this is not acceptable. Otherwise they'll just remove all future colour pages.

And volume 42, I believe it has been deleted.

Actually saw the cover a few days ago, but it looks great. Really happy how close to the original covers they're keeping them now, though I don't know why it took them so long.
    "But sometimes I have to ask myself this question. It's true that to us his imaginings are nothing but the inventions of a busy mind. But to him, there simply is no other reality. Furthermore he is happy there.

So why, I ask myself, why in the name of healing him must we drag him painfully into the world of our own reality?"

~Doctor's memo, from Silent Hill 2

Yellow's arm is going past the part listing Kusaka and Yamamoto's names. Is she trying to break into the real world?

Oh, I just realized. In the Black and White volume that came out, Drayden's secretary should have a name, right?

He calls it out in the battle against Black. Her name is Hisoka in the Japanese version.

I've got 1 to 36 Chuang Yi volumes. I'm really disappointed that CY doesn't publish anymore. Are Viz Media volumes different by size? I probably should go on with them. And all this BW "mini-volume" "full-volume" and numbering/publishing order disappoints me as well. What's the matter? What has been published by Viz and what not? Are there any holes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronflex View Post
    Are Viz Media volumes different by size? I probably should go on with them. And all this BW "mini-volume" "full-volume" and numbering/publishing order disappoints me as well. What's the matter? What has been published by Viz and what not? Are there any holes?
    Viz has published everything up to Black/White, with XY coming out later this year and BW2 bound to start within a year or so. The only gap we have right now is the FRLG/E arcs, but they are coming here soon. (the first FRLG volume is coming out in July)

As for the sizes, aside from Black/White every volume is the same size as the Chuang Yi ones except for 5 (volume 14, volume 15, volume 22, volume 23, and HeartGold/SoulSilver volume 2), though we're not missing any chapters. (just some have been moved from one volume to another) And even then, we are slowly getting the full-sized Black/White volumes alongside the mini ones. At the moment we have 3 of them, with a 4th coming in July.
    "But sometimes I have to ask myself this question. It's true that to us his imaginings are nothing but the inventions of a busy mind. But to him, there simply is no other reality. Furthermore he is happy there.

So why, I ask myself, why in the name of healing him must we drag him painfully into the world of our own reality?"

So, is the BW arc of the manga finished? I've always found the manga online to read but when I search for the BW manga I get little pieces of it, things here and there. I've read everything up to BW, including HGSS, so I don't know why I can't find a cohesive BW?

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 8
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Assuming you're talking about Pokémon Adventures/PokéSpe, the BW chapter is finished in the magazines, but the final volume of the chapter will be released on 25th July in Japan. The english translation by VIZmedia has reached three (of nine altogether) volumes by now, but there are also VIZ' mini volumes for what they took the rounds directly from the magazines. I'm not quite sure how far they are exactly, but they are almost at the climax of the chapter.
    Though, I would recommend the full volumes (which are called "Pokémon Adventures Black and White" by Viz while the mini volumes are missing the "Adventures" part) since the full volumes have some mistakes corrected and some paged added.
    For reading it online, that's not allowed to ask here.
    Sorry for my bad English...

Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponATime View Post
    So, is the BW arc of the manga finished? I've always found the manga online to read but when I search for the BW manga I get little pieces of it, things here and there. I've read everything up to BW, including HGSS, so I don't know why I can't find a cohesive BW?
    The "little pieces" you found are magazine chapters that were released before the volumes. The previous scanlator quit scanlating before he got to the BW chapters in the volumes and the current scanlators have had a long hiatus, but they recently came back and started releasing again. Anyway, if you can't wait, I recommend that you buy the volumes from VIZ and support the series. It's quite nice to have actual physical volumes in the bookshelf compared to scans and scanlations in folders on a hard drive.

It's quite nice to have actual physical volumes in the bookshelf compared to scans and scanlations in folders on a hard drive.
    Not to mention it saves a lot of space on your computer, haha. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Majiata View Post
    Assuming you're talking about Pokémon Adventures/PokéSpe, the BW chapter is finished in the magazines, but the final volume of the chapter will be released on 25th July in Japan. The english translation by VIZmedia has reached three (of nine altogether) volumes by now, but there are also VIZ' mini volumes for what they took the rounds directly from the magazines. I'm not quite sure how far they are exactly, but they are almost at the climax of the chapter.
    Though, I would recommend the full volumes (which are called "Pokémon Adventures Black and White" by Viz while the mini volumes are missing the "Adventures" part) since the full volumes have some mistakes corrected and some paged added.
    For reading it online, that's not allowed to ask here.
    The "little pieces" you found are magazine chapters that were released before the volumes. The previous scanlator quit scanlating before he got to the BW chapters in the volumes and the current scanlators have had a long hiatus, but they recently came back and started releasing again. Anyway, if you can't wait, I recommend that you buy the volumes from VIZ and support the series. It's quite nice to have actual physical volumes in the bookshelf compared to scans and scanlations in folders on a hard drive.
    The magazine chapters and volumes and everything was always confusing to me. I never understood. Thank you, both of you! I was going to buy the series anyway, but I thought I'd ask and get stuff clarified.
    Last edited by OnceUponATime; 13th June 2014 at 9:58 PM.

You should definitely get the final volumes and not any mini-volumes / temporary volumes that are based on magazine chapters. The final volumes is the work done properly while the magazine chapters are just a rushed, temporary version. Also, get the box sets. They are cheaper than buying the volumes individually and a nice box and poster is included which each set. Just follow this list and you'll get the proper versions. This list and this list are quite handy as well.
    If you have any more questions about magazine chapters, the current scanlation group has some good, informational links in the FAQ on their WordPress site.
    Last edited by Manga Reader X; 13th June 2014 at 11:51 PM.

You should definitely get the final volumes and not any mini-volumes / temporary volumes that are based on magazine chapters. The final volumes is the work done properly while the magazine chapters are just a rushed, temporary version. Also, get the box sets. They are cheaper than buying the volumes individually and a nice box and poster is included which each set. Just follow this list and you'll get the proper versions. This list and this list are quite handy as well.
    If you have any more questions about magazine chapters, the current scanlation group has some good, informational links in the FAQ on their WordPress site.
    Thank you very much!

Pokčmon Black and White Volume 17's cover revealed.

By the look of things, it seems that the mini-volumes are gonna be finished up here pretty soon unless they decided to be a bit on the foolish side and do mini-volumes for B2W2 - which would be foolish because of B2W2 only having a few magazine rounds at all. It really nice, however, to see full color art for the Unova League participants being on the cover for this mini-volume; It's also pretty funny to see what Looker's disguise looks like in full color -I'm sorry, but it's even more hilarious now that it's in color.

Other than that, It looks like Adventures XY volume 1 is coming out in December.. Who knows, by the time December comes around we might have actually got the first regular volume of the XY arc if the B2W2 arc is going to be supper short. I don't know if it is going to be like that; but, I kinda hope so because Kusaka usually makes the arc of each generation pretty short.

Smashin' !

Does anyone have a link to a site that shows the posters that come with the box sets? I'm really interested in seeing them, but I'm not rebuying volumes in the sets just to see them lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle_Terra View Post
    Does anyone have a link to a site that shows the posters that come with the box sets? I'm really interested in seeing them, but I'm not rebuying volumes in the sets just to see them lol.
    Only the poster from the Red and Blue box set has ever been scanned, but I can't link to it due to the rules.

I've got 2 posters from Viz boxsets and they're just tiny ones with the art of volume 1 on them IIRC. Like with the number 1 and everything on them instead of just the art by itself. They were crumpled a little from being at the back of the box too. Kinda lame.

Quote Originally Posted by DaAuraWolf View Post
    Who knows, by the time December comes around we might have actually got the first regular volume of the XY arc if the B2W2 arc is going to be supper short. I don't know if it is going to be like that; but, I kinda hope so because Kusaka usually makes the arc of each generation pretty short.
    Not so sure about that. I imagine the earliest we could expect XY (granted there's a BW2 rush) would be sometime next year. We'll need at least one volume of volume-only content to wrap it up, and those seem to take a few months to make.

I doubt it.

Two years of waiting or not, why bother even releasing the series in "mini-volume" format if you're just going to release the full version this early. That's the reason why they even released XY so early.

And since Yamamoto won't be wasting time doing another Best Scene Collection like in volume 40, it might slightly bump up volume 52's release.

I will be genuinely surprised if we get XY volume one before late 2015.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast