Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1502

Thread: Upcoming Manga release thread

So just a bit of news for anyone wondering: Sunday Webry will start releasing Black 2 and White 2 rounds on October 13, since ORAS adventures ended. Viz will also be releasing a Pokemon Adventures art book next year. I would post my sources, but again, I can't post links.

The Pokemon Special art book English release date.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/142159451X...=IA2PIE3SMOQ7A

It comes out on August 17th 2017. That's after my birthday. Pretty cool.

Volume 52 is finally gonna be released by Shogakukan Asia this December!!
    https://www.facebook.com/shogakukana...496352/?type=3
    I really hope it's a sign that 53's coming soon~

I also asked them if they plan on releasing the artbook in English like Viz (so that I know which to buy) and they said they'd consider it! Yay!

So, ORAS Viz volume 2 released.

Out of curiosity, what are Renza, Jinga and Tomatoma's localized names?
    I don't come here as often as I used to, do I?

I saw the third volume of Pocket Comics yesterday. I know they're not very popular but they're the good kind of bad jokes and they do a good job of localizing silly puns.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (Chapter 31 posted on August 21st, 2017!)
    It's got its own TV Tropes page!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine, winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!
    Heart Like A Stone, winner of Most Heartbreaking Fic and 3rd place Best Canon Character-Centric 2014!
    Solar System, 4th place, Villainous Intent

Shogakukan Asia's finally releasing the first volume of the PokeSpe ORAS chapter!

Since they're basically just taking the pages from Viz, I wonder if they'll also keep the censorship they did with Emerald peeing. I hope not, but I wouldn't put it past them to do so.

So, Blake and Whitley? Interesting. These names clearly reference Blair and Whitlea, the names for Hilbert and Hilda in the BW demo.

I hope Viz keeps this. I don't want them to be named "Lack-Two" and "Whi-Two" in English.
    But seeing how Shogakukan Asia keeps to Viz's names (like using Ultima, rather than "Kimberly" etc.), I'm almost positive that they'll be the same.
    Last edited by Maxim; 20th December 2016 at 4:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    So, Blake and Whitley? Interesting. These names clearly reference Blair and Whitlea, the names for Hilbert and Hilda in the BW demo.

I hope Viz keeps this. I don't want them to be named "Lack-Two" and "Whi-Two" in English.
    But seeing how Shogakukan Asia keeps to Viz's names (like using Ultima, rather than "Kimberly" etc.), I'm almost positive that they'll be the same.
    Where did you find this out?

Quote Originally Posted by pika09 View Post
    Where did you find this out?
    Shogakukan Asia has previews for their mangas, similarly to Japanese Shogakukan website.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post

The translated artbook called Lack-Two "Blake" so he's definately keeping it in the Viz release.
    Pokemon Heroes: The Black & White Chapter PILOT

"14 year old Hilda is a Pokemon Trainer with a secret: she can talk to Pokemon. After setting off into Unova, she gets involved in the affairs of Team Plasma and becomes acquainted with N, a mysterious guy her age. He may possess the exact same abilities as her but his views couldn't be more different. As her team grows in strength, numbers and bonds, Hilda finds a tangled web of mystery weaving around her and a daunting fate that she can't ever turn her back on..."

Will they give both XY and ORAS the full volume instead of magazine sized prints. And when is volume 2 for BW2? Honestly, it's ridiculous how pushed Kusaka is in his works and he hasn't even finished generation V due to being forced to write the next events in another generation. Poor guy.

I dunno about ORAS but XY's mini-volumes seem to have a lot of missing chapters where there was an attack on the Tower of Mastery yet you haven't read it yet.
    Pokemon Heroes: The Black & White Chapter PILOT

"14 year old Hilda is a Pokemon Trainer with a secret: she can talk to Pokemon. After setting off into Unova, she gets involved in the affairs of Team Plasma and becomes acquainted with N, a mysterious guy her age. He may possess the exact same abilities as her but his views couldn't be more different. As her team grows in strength, numbers and bonds, Hilda finds a tangled web of mystery weaving around her and a daunting fate that she can't ever turn her back on..."

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    Will they give both XY and ORAS the full volume instead of magazine sized prints. And when is volume 2 for BW2? Honestly, it's ridiculous how pushed Kusaka is in his works and he hasn't even finished generation V due to being forced to write the next events in another generation. Poor guy.
    Yes every arc is intended to go into proper volume serializations. B2W2 is what's holding up the flow at the moment, and until it is finished, XY and ORAS will not be compiled. There are currently 7 chapter worth of volume 53 materials released on the online Sunday Webry website, but it is unknown when they will be collected into volume 53 and how many more chapters it is intended to include.

Coronis~

Volume 52 had around 7 chapter so if Volume 53 follows the same, we should get some kind of news in a month or two, if they plan to add more chapters to it, we might hear something by Summer. As far as I'm aware, ORAS is finished in terms of the general story and I think X/Y is the same so yeah, once B2/W2 is complete, it should hopefully be a smooth transition to volumes. I was kind of worried that they were just going to stick with mini-volumes because I enjoy getting the full ones and at least one upside to the delay is it gave Viz the time to catch up fully.
    ~Disclaimer: If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared to not only retract it, but also to deny under oath I ever said it. ~

How many chapters a volume has is determined by how long the individual chapters are. Since the recent B2W2 releases are around 17 pages long, which is 8 pages shorter than the 25 we usually get, it should be safe to assume volume 53 will clock out at 8 or so chapters.

Six chapters have been released so far, so we could get a volume 53 release in May or June.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    How many chapters a volume has is determined by how long the individual chapters are. Since the recent B2W2 releases are around 17 pages long, which is 8 pages shorter than the 25 we usually get, it should be safe to assume volume 53 will clock out at 8 or so chapters.

Six chapters have been released so far, so we could get a volume 53 release in May or June.
    And I think we will get SM mini-volume in July. So I guess the PokeSpedia will be publish in August?

Sorry if this isn't the right place, but there's not like a "general discussion" thread.

I want to read the Pokémon X and Y manga. Where can I get them from?
    Team Pokémon Sun: Decidueye, Alolan Persian, Ribombee, Salandit, Bewear, Mudsdale

Quote Originally Posted by Briankelly130 View Post
    Volume 52 had around 7 chapter so if Volume 53 follows the same, we should get some kind of news in a month or two, if they plan to add more chapters to it, we might hear something by Summer. As far as I'm aware, ORAS is finished in terms of the general story and I think X/Y is the same so yeah, once B2/W2 is complete, it should hopefully be a smooth transition to volumes. I was kind of worried that they were just going to stick with mini-volumes because I enjoy getting the full ones and at least one upside to the delay is it gave Viz the time to catch up fully.
    I've been doing page counts these days to update the pages-per-arc thing I'm keeping track of (please see the Statistics sticky for details). Most volumes go by approximately 170-200 pages, and for Vol.52, we have 171 pages not counting the headings and extra materials. At the moment, the online B2W2 materials make up approximately 100 pages only, and given the approximate 15 to 20 page chapters we are getting recently, I'm afraid we won't see Vol.53 for at least 4-5 months further into 2017.

I took a look at the previous links provided by ReiZerou on the English release of B2W2 Vol. 2, and it seems one has postponed the date from the original Apr 2017 to Jan 2018, and the other Apr 2020.
    http://www.simonandschuster.com/book.../9781421584386
    https://www.amazon.ca/Pok%C3%A9mon-A.../dp/1421584387

Coronis~

I've been wondering if the chapters we're getting in Club Sunday are the complete version, or if we should treat them as if they were magazine versions.
    Perhaps they will add some extra material when the volume comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat! View Post
    I've been wondering if the chapters we're getting in Club Sunday are the complete version, or if we should treat them as if they were magazine versions.
    Perhaps they will add some extra material when the volume comes out.
    There will certainly be modifications since the writers have admitted to made some dialogue mistakes (like calling Leo a top-4 League entrant while he's actually just top-8). However, in terms off additional panels and pages, it's hard to say.

Sometimes I wonder if the writers are hesitant to release straight-to-volume contents because they seem to make mistakes easily, and it's easier to make corrections to the magazine/pre-release materials after fans point out the mistake. So far, Vol. 40 and part of Vol. 29 are the true straight-to-volume releases. Most others have had some form of pre-release.

Coronis~

Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    I took a look at the previous links provided by ReiZerou on the English release of B2W2 Vol. 2, and it seems one has postponed the date from the original Apr 2017 to Jan 2018, and the other Apr 2020.
    Unbelievable. That's a decade after BW got released for the DS and BW2 is still printing? I just give XY and ORAS full volumes right now besides waiting. It's absurd. GameFreak Pokemon need to stop making kusuka in a rush. This is platinum all over again.

Unbelievable. That's a decade after BW got released for the DS and BW2 is still printing? I just give XY and ORAS full volumes right now besides waiting. It's absurd. GameFreak Pokemon need to stop making kusuka in a rush. This is platinum all over again.
    I guess VIZ may be that want to wait for Japan B2W2 to finish if they really not publish until 2020. And I guess we may only get volume 53 this year in B2W2. (or they publish volume 54 in December)

Hopefully now that Yamamoto isn't being dogged down by doing 50 pages of XY and ORAS in addition to B2W2 means the next few chapters will be the usual 25 pages we get.

Game Freak is under no obligation to delay the releases of their cash cow franchise just for one manga.

I think it is very lucky to PMSP that no any new versions launch this year.

And next year will inevitably launch a new version, to the time B2W2 serial will be run very hard again...

Let's pray that next year will be launch a single sister version and the old protagonists from SM, oh (And I still think that DP will not be launched remake in the short term.)

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Hopefully now that Yamamoto isn't being dogged down by doing 50 pages of XY and ORAS in addition to B2W2 means the next few chapters will be the usual 25 pages we get.

Game Freak is under no obligation to delay the releases of their cash cow franchise just for one manga.
    Didn't XY finish?

Anyways, do you think Viz will release a BW box set with the full volumes any time soon?

Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061 LastLast