Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Manga release thread

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    And the scene with Norman is too big of a thing to just edit out if you ask me. But they took out Crystal's mom slapping her so I guess it could happen.
    I only hope the end result is something sensible.

DPP 8 is definitely coming out in June right? My retailer is saying August 1st. Hopefully it's just a really outdated placeholder and I'll get my copy on time. :S

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    DPP 8 is definitely coming out in June right? My retailer is saying August 1st. Hopefully it's just a really outdated placeholder and I'll get my copy on time. :S
    Well, the VIZ store and Amazon indicate that it's coming out June 4, as does my own retailer. As far as I know, June 2013 has always been when it's intended to be released, as that's what it says in the back of Vol. 7, and it fits into the pattern of releasing one volume every four months. So your retailer probably just made a mistake, although I suppose I can't say for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    I happen to know for a fact that Giratina helps disadvantaged kids on weekends, Haunter donates to charity and Banette runs a knitting club for the elderly. Where do you get off on calling them evil?
    3DS FC: 2621 3770 1029 Panpour Gyarados Azumarill

Did someone say "Black and White volume 11 cover?"

Dammit, Viz. That's an Unfezant, not a Tranquill.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Did someone say "Black and White volume 11 cover?"

Dammit, Viz. That's an Unfezant, not a Tranquill.
    Nice cover, and Lenora finally gets on the cover.

--------------

Iit seems that the colorist make an unnecessary move. lol
    Last edited by e9310103838; 20th May 2013 at 1:42 AM.

VIZ's edition of Volume 18's Cover revealed

Like what has been previously said before, I'm going to safely bet 19's cover would be blue and 20's green if they are going to go on with the RS arc cover's VIZ color scheme.

But hey, We'll have to wait and see when 19's and 20's covers are revealed.

Smashin' !

Meanwhile, the Hoenn Gym Leaders can’t agree... Which group is evil? Team Magma or Team Aqua...or both?!
    Magma is evil and Aqua is just special. They want to expand the sea with rainwater, which is itself mostly evaporated sea water.

Just looking at the new cover for Black/White, assuming it hasn't been revealed yet, considering all the current gym leaders are on the cover with the Shadow Triad but the Striaton trio are not there give good credence that the Shadow Triad and the Trio are the same. I kind of hope they are.
    ~Disclaimer: If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared to not only retract it, but also to deny under oath I ever said it. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Briankelly130 View Post
    Just looking at the new cover for Black/White, assuming it hasn't been revealed yet, considering all the current gym leaders are on the cover with the Shadow Triad but the Striaton trio are not there give good credence that the Shadow Triad and the Trio are the same. I kind of hope they are.
    This has been solved already. So if you want to know, open the spoiler. It's a major spoiler, so be warned.

Spoiler:- Are Shadow Triad and Striaton Brothers the same people?:

Dang, so many colors on that BW11 cover are off. Shadow Triad's masks should be different shades of grey, now they're solid black. And that Unfezant... It blows my mind how they managed to transform it into a Tranquill.
    Last edited by ReiZerou; 23rd May 2013 at 3:47 PM.

Here is the volume 18 cover in a better resolution: http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-5156836...1227674235.jpg

Pokémon BW Good Partners is getting a tankobon: http://www.shogakukan.co.jp/comics/d..._9784091416803

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Reader X View Post
    Here is the volume 18 cover in a better resolution: http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-5156836...1227674235.jpg

Pokémon BW Good Partners is getting a tankobon: http://www.shogakukan.co.jp/comics/d..._9784091416803
    This means "Good Partners" is only once in "Pokemon the Comic".

What will be the next time we fill the magazine?

Pokemon The Comic is up on Shogakukan's website as well: http://www.shogakukan.co.jp/books/de..._9784091021526
    That means that Pokemon The Comic is classified as a book and not as a magazine and since there is no volume number on it, it doesn't look good for Pokemon The Comic...

Pokemon The Comic is up on Shogakukan's website as well: http://www.shogakukan.co.jp/books/de..._9784091021526
    That means that Pokemon The Comic is classified as a book and not as a magazine and since there is no volume number on it, it doesn't look good for Pokemon The Comic...
    Wasn't the original purpose of Pokemon the Comic to release the Red chapter?

Although...I was hoping that Pokemon the Comic would be a third magazine series that would release new Pokemon Special chapters. Sigh...I knew that three magazines sounded too good to be true.

Something tells me the hooded man will use the dna splicers on kyurem so it can fuse with reshiram making black unable to fight n and ghetsis informs n it is time but roxie bursts in accusing n of getting blacks reshiram fused with the hooded mans kyurem which surprises n. Ghetsis says that roxie is fibbing so that the plan can be continued uninterrupted but n sees what is wrong only to be strangled by eelektross. Then the hooded man reveals himself as colress saying that team plasmas real goal is to take over the world. Black comes in and sees all this in shock. As kyurem prepares to attack roxie and black with freeze burn, it gets blocked by keldio in its resolute forme. Roxie then sends out weezing to free n from eelektross and tells him to let black use zekrom, which he does. Black then.gets ready to nattle ghetsis and colress.
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

Keep theories in an appropriate thread, please.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Keep theories in an appropriate thread, please.
    Which thread? Please tell me. I want to know.
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

Quote Originally Posted by Chomper4 View Post
    Which thread? Please tell me. I want to know.
    Plot discussions.

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but this coming from the Product page of Pokémon Adventures Diamond and Pearl/Platinum Volume 9 on Viz Kids website.

Finally together again, Dia, Pearl, and Platinum must battle Legendary Pokémon Dialga and Palkia, who are being controlled by Cyrus, the powerful boss of Team Galactic! Then a new Legendary Pokémon leaps into the fray! Whose side is it on...?

And who will rescue Platinum’s hapless bodyguards from the mysterious Distortion World they’ve been banished to...?

Plus, hang with Lopunny and meet Porygon-Z, Gallade, and... Looker?!
    This confirms that they are going to leave in the start of the Platinum arc in this release. Didn't doubt that they would since the title clearly says "Diamond and Pearl/PLATINUM" in the title of this "second series". Though I'm know wondering if they are going to leave in the start of the FRLG arc in Volume 22 and Emerald arc in Volume 26 when they decide to release the,. I hope so since they'd have to continue there since they would have to mainly since they picked up the RS arc and those two arcs are apart of the 3rd generation arcs for the PokéSpecial.

Smashin' !

Quote Originally Posted by DaAuraWolf View Post
    This confirms that they are going to leave in the start of the Platinum arc in this release. Didn't doubt that they would since the title clearly says "Diamond and Pearl/PLATINUM" in the title of this "second series". Though I'm know wondering if they are going to leave in the start of the FRLG arc in Volume 22 and Emerald arc in Volume 26 when they decide to release the,. I hope so since they'd have to continue there since they would have to mainly since they picked up the RS arc and those two arcs are apart of the 3rd generation arcs for the PokéSpecial.
    Thanks for mentioning that. I was wondering, although I too guessed that they'd probably leave it be. I suspect this is going to be the exception to the rule, however. Since the names of the arcs are still labeled on the cover, I'm guessing that the arcs will all be kept to separate volumes. Otherwise, the labeling could make it confusing for readers who don't know the deal with the Japanese releases, especially since we've never had two arcs in the same volume before now. My guess is that it was only allowed for Vol. 9/Vol. 38 because the Diamond/Pearl and Platinum arcs are being treated as one by Viz, meaning that the carryover might not be considered to "count".

But who knows? I guess we'll find out when Volume 22 comes out, or at least whenever its description does.
    Last edited by ElectricBassClef; 29th May 2013 at 4:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    I happen to know for a fact that Giratina helps disadvantaged kids on weekends, Haunter donates to charity and Banette runs a knitting club for the elderly. Where do you get off on calling them evil?
    3DS FC: 2621 3770 1029 Panpour Gyarados Azumarill

So I've been out of the loop for a while. What exactly is going to happen with Sird, since it's all but certain her DP appearance is going to be released first now?

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Yes! The Chuang Yi edition of Pokémon Adventures volume 41 isn't flipped! Hopefully they will continue to use the original right to left reading format from here on.
    Now if Chuang Yi could start translating directly from Japanese to English instead of translating Chinese volumes everything would be perfect.
    Last edited by Manga Reader X; 29th May 2013 at 12:59 PM.

Yes! The Chuang Yi edition of Pokémon Adventures volume 41 isn't flipped! Hopefully they will continue to use the original right to left reading format from here on.
    Now if Chuang Yi could start translating directly from Japanese to English instead of translating Chinese volumes everything would be perfect.
    Chinese reading format is the same with Japanese. And Chinese translation is not much question in my opinion.

Then nor anything to indicate that Chuang Yi is translated from Chinese. This is putting the cart before the horse.

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    Chinese reading format is the same with Japanese. And Chinese translation is not much question in my opinion.

Then nor anything to indicate that Chuang Yi is translated from Chinese. This is putting the cart before the horse.
    Yes, Chinese reading format is the same as the Japanese reading format. However, Chuang Yi used to take the Chinese scans, flip them into the western reading format and translate them. Now they just translate the Chinese scans.
    The Singaporean manga seller who I have bought Chuang Yi Pokémon manga from has told me this. Not many people seems to know about it, but the more I looked into it the more it made sense.
    Since 49.9% of all Singaporeans speak Chinese as a first language finding a Chinese to English translator in Singapore is much easier than finding a Japanese to English translator. As you can see on Chuang Yi's website they release both English manga and Chinese manga, so assuming that they translate their English manga from Chinese editions isn't so farfetched. This also explains some of the errors Chuang Yi has made in the past. The Chinese editions are released quite quickly after the Japanese editions, since those languages are closely releated and quick to translate between, so Chuang Yi can still keep a good pace.

But, I assume that you want undisputeable proof. Take a look at the Braille in this scene:
    Chuang Yi edition
    Chinese edition
    Japanese edition

As you can see, the Braille in the Chuang Yi edition is a flipped version of the Braille in the Chinese edition. The Braille in the Chinese edition is completely different from the Braille in the Japanese edition, so you can't argue that the Braille in the Chinese edition is directly from the Japanese edition.
    Last edited by Manga Reader X; 29th May 2013 at 1:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    What exactly is going to happen with Sird, since it's all but certain her DP appearance is going to be released first now?
    All I know is that it'll definitely be a plot hole to those that don't know anything about the FRLG arc since they follow directly from the VIZ and not from the original releases. Have to say that VIZ could've avoided it if they would just continued on with starting the RS arc back come October 2011. If that was the case, We would've been to this part of the FRLG arc which would make Sird's plot to kinda start making sense to those who just follows VIZ release only.

Speaking of Sird, The volume she returns back in is, in a similar manner as Emerald back in the GS arc, is going to be released here next week. Even though this is going to be a small thing, The biggest plot black hole won't happen with this until October.

Smashin' !

Well, if the dates for the FRLG and E arcs on that webpage are any indication, we'll get them and Sird's story. Besides, most of us here are aware of her. I don't meant to speak for kids but I didn't care much for spoilers back in the day.

Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast