Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Manga release thread

Pokčmon Advetnures Diamond and Pearl/Platinum Volume 9 cover has been revealed

Have to say that it looks just the way I'd thoubght it'll br like minus the fact where the logo and Volume number being moved up to not block the artwork. This definitely was a good move there on Viz's part. That's because it's a known rule to not block any artwork on a cover.

Besides, I'm wondering if they'll do the same for 10 (Volume 39) and 11 (Volume 40) since that artwork with Giratina on both is big too. Guess that they'll do since they'd have to anyways.

Smashin' !

Is volume 9 of DPPT the start of the platinum arc?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Is volume 9 of DPPT the start of the platinum arc?
    Yes. It's also the end of the DP arc too.

And like I pointed out earlier, VIZ has confirmed in the product description of the volume that they will start the arc in this volume also.

Smashin' !

Quote Originally Posted by DaAuraWolf View Post
    Pokčmon Advetnures Diamond and Pearl/Platinum Volume 9 cover has been revealed

Have to say that it looks just the way I'd thoubght it'll br like minus the fact where the logo and Volume number being moved up to not block the artwork. This definitely was a good move there on Viz's part. That's because it's a known rule to not block any artwork on a cover.

Besides, I'm wondering if they'll do the same for 10 (Volume 39) and 11 (Volume 40) since that artwork with Giratina on both is big too. Guess that they'll do since they'd have to anyways.
    With your point, I find it ironic that Volume 18.(cover) in R+S, Ruby's hand is blocking the word "sapphire" but they don't just move down the image, but they move the volume number/logo on Volume 9.
    Last edited by RagingRuby; 8th June 2013 at 2:52 AM.

So both HGSS volumes will have 192 pages...so I guess the two will be evenly distributed after all

Interestingly enough, Volume 1 of VIZ's release of the serialized BW arc appears to have 192 pages on the description of the volume on Amazon, but the info on Viz Kid's page says 104 pages.

I'm kinda wondering which one it'll be. I'm hoping that it's the 104 since I don't want to see that excessive pulling rounds out of other volumes to happen frequently. What I mean by this is that cases like HGSS and GSC were ok since they'd be not that much drag and pull but the 196 pages would mean that the content of Volume 44 has to be added when it shouldn't be. So this is more of a necessity matter than it is to beef up because of what's been cut out already.

On the topic of Volume covers, I hope that VIZ would leave Archie and Maxie on the cover of Volume 19 but I highly doubt that they would since the volume cover would be blue if they continue on with the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald solid cover scheme that they've done so far with the volumes in the RS arc. Though time will tell and we'll know for sure once the cover is revealed here in the nearby future.

Smashin' !

It's most likely going to stay.

It does match the background, but Maxie and Archie are part of the actual image itself and are pretty much contained in Rayquaza's spiral.

Quote Originally Posted by DaAuraWolf View Post
    Interestingly enough, Volume 1 of VIZ's release of the serialized BW arc appears to have 192 pages on the description of the volume on Amazon, but the info on Viz Kid's page says 104 pages.
    BW might be a special case like HGSS. They might want to catch up with the BW mini-volumes that are already released.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Here's the 4koma volume that VIZ promised for fall: Pokémon Pocket Comics: Black & White. It will be released October 1st, 2013.

Wait, these are by Kusaka?! I didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by ReiZerou View Post
    Here's the 4koma volume that VIZ promised for fall: Pokémon Pocket Comics: Black & White. It will be released October 1st, 2013.

Wait, these are by Kusaka?! I didn't know that.
    I don't think they are. I looked up the Japanese equivalent, but I can't find his name anywhere on the page.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    Could you tell what you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    Oh I put up the cover image over the book image but it's still taking time for the server to change the image for some reason. It's been almost two days...

Just read DPPt Volume 8 and as of this release, only Emerald is the odd one out in the silhouette. As of Sird, well, will they call her Sird?

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    just read dppt volume 8 and as of this release, only emerald is the odd one out in the silhouette. As of sird, well, will they call her sird?
    what??? Emerald's absent??? How dare they!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    what??? Emerald's absent??? How dare they!!!
    No no no no no! He's still there but since his chapter hasn't be released in the US, he may as well be a stranger to those in the US who never read that arc.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    No no no no no! He's still there but since his chapter hasn't be released in the US, he may as well be a stranger to those in the US who never read that arc.
    Oh. Whew, that's a relief

Last edited by lolipiece; 11th June 2013 at 5:29 AM.

It have the same date with Good Partners.
    Last edited by e9310103838; 11th June 2013 at 1:42 PM.

Does Sird actually talk about previous encounters with Dex holders or does it just show her return(but nothing more) in volume 8?

Does Sird actually talk about previous encounters with Dex holders or does it just show her return(but nothing more) in volume 8?
    No, she does not talk about her previous encounters with the 'dex holders. She basically just shows up in Galactic uniform for the last two pages of the volume, and that's it. The advanced grunt or whatever his name is briefly mentions the 'dex holders as a group, but again he doesn't say anything about Sird's experiences.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    I happen to know for a fact that Giratina helps disadvantaged kids on weekends, Haunter donates to charity and Banette runs a knitting club for the elderly. Where do you get off on calling them evil?
    3DS FC: 2621 3770 1029 Panpour Gyarados Azumarill

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricBassClef View Post
    No, she does not talk about her previous encounters with the 'dex holders. She basically just shows up in Galactic uniform for the last two pages of the volume, and that's it. The advanced grunt or whatever his name is briefly mentions the 'dex holders as a group, but again he doesn't say anything about Sird's experiences.
    Thanks, that clears it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricBassClef View Post
    If he does not say, it would be difficult to explain the plot of Volume 40.

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    If he does not say, it would be difficult to explain the plot of Volume 40.
    Neither the cloaked grunt nor Sird explained the behind actions in Volume 37 (correspondent to DPPt Volume 8 in Viz's terms). All that is explained in the next volume.

Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast