Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Manga release thread

Two weeks until Ruby vs Norman....

I really really hope that the Victini chapter is added into Volume 45. I'm dying to know whether or not Rood will be incorporated into the chapter somehow. He could just simply replace the fat female grunt (though if he did, then the Gothitelle would be his and he would have used it in the latest chapter where the sages were battling the ordinary trainers) or the volumes could avoid a drastic overhaul and he could just be leading the three grunts and appear at the end of the chapter in a volume-only scene where he orders the grunts to surrender, similar to how Zinzolin only appeared at the end in the Cold Storage chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    I really really hope that the Victini chapter is added into Volume 45. I'm dying to know whether or not Rood will be incorporated into the chapter somehow. He could just simply replace the fat female grunt (though if he did, then the Gothitelle would be his and he would have used it in the latest chapter where the sages were battling the ordinary trainers) or the volumes could avoid a drastic overhaul and he could just be leading the three grunts and appear at the end of the chapter in a volume-only scene where he orders the grunts to surrender, similar to how Zinzolin only appeared at the end in the Cold Storage chapter.
    However, it is more likely to be placed in volume 46.

Although nothing is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Two weeks until Ruby vs Norman....
    In two weeks Norman wins the "Father of the year" award. While I won't be able to obtain it when it first comes out, I can't wait to see a possible "Glare" fest. Glaring is the most powerful weapon a parent has in Pokemon Adventures.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Glaring is the most powerful weapon a parent has in Pokemon Adventures.
    To be fair, it's a powerful weapon for parents in real life. Trust me, I speak from experience...

But I know what you mean, I just hope it's more coherent than Crys's mother which could've been done better. Instead of glaring, she shouts "Snap outta it, Crys" very loudly, explain Crys and her Pokemon flinching.

Hello guys. My local Books A Million got Volume 17 in like a week early (O_0), so I picked it up. I know it looks shady since I'm new, but it's true.

Chapter names are as follows:

Slugging it Out with Slugma II
    I'm Your Biggest Fan, Donphan
    Plugging Past Electrike I/II
    Not so Fetching Feebas
    On the Loose and Hyper with Zangoose and Seviper I/II
    Hanging Around with Slaking I/II/III
    Bubble Bubble Toil and Azumarill I/II
    Assualted by Pelipper I

Sapphire's Donphan is nicknamed Phado

And they edited out the punch....it was replaced by LIGHTNING (I kid you not), which separated the two >_>. Yeah...Norman's all like "Ruby I'm glad you're okay, but you're in big trouble!"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle_Terra View Post
    Hello guys. My local Books A Million got Volume 17 in like a week early (O_0), so I picked it up. I know it looks shady since I'm new, but it's true.

Not so Fetching Feebas
    Assualted by Pelipper I

And they edited out the punch....it was replaced by LIGHTNING (I kid you not), which separated the two >_>. Yeah...Norman's all like "Ruby I'm glad you're okay, but you're in big trouble!"
    OK. What about Mimi's nickname? And Pilo's?

Do they call the Trick Master by his proper name? And what about the name of his ancestor?

They call Trick Master Tricky, Watson notes that people do call him Trick Master sometimes, though. His ancestor's name is Mister Trick.

Mimi is called Feefee and Pilo (that's her Tropius, right?) is called Troppy.

They call Trick Master Tricky, Watson notes that people do call him Trick Master sometimes, though. His ancestor's name is Mister Trick.

Mimi is called Feefee and Pilo (that's her Tropius, right?) is called Troppy.
    Feefee? Not too bad. I was expecting it to stay, though.

Troppy, huh? I was wondering why her Wailord went by the name Lorry, so I guess that Viz is giving them different nicknames than her other Pokemon because she got them from her father. Makes sense.

Thanks.

Oh, wait. I forgot. What is the name of Ruby's Castform? It should be on the Adventure Map right before chapter 212.

Got a pic?

And any other notable edits? I mean, it was clearly more than just one punch, right?
    Last edited by matt0044; 26th June 2013 at 10:23 PM.

As far as I can tell, Castform's nickname isn't in this volume. I checked the Adventure Map before Ch212, but unfortunately it just says Castform.

Edit: Sure, I can get pics. Give a few minutes

Ok, apparently the file size for one picture exceeded the max size >_>. How would I reduce it? I'll try a link anyway, but I got a notice saying I couldn't until I have 10 posts.
    Last edited by Uncle_Terra; 26th June 2013 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Explanation

Lightning? Oh haha, that's amazing! Thanks for sharing with us!

Edit: Seeing it is even better. I'm cracking up over here!
    Last edited by ElectricBassClef; 27th June 2013 at 12:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    I happen to know for a fact that Giratina helps disadvantaged kids on weekends, Haunter donates to charity and Banette runs a knitting club for the elderly. Where do you get off on calling them evil?
    3DS FC: 2621 3770 1029 Panpour Gyarados Azumarill

I'll try a link anyway, but I got a notice saying I couldn't until I have 10 posts.
    You have 10 posts now.

LIGHTNING!!? I think I never heard of this in any anime/manga censorship.
    But why do they do this anyway? Is that really neccessary?
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Sorry for the wait. I had to go and make 10 posts before doing this due to spambots and imgur was being very picky about the ones it would upload (so Dropbox will have to do).

Here you go!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rfnmgwmhxuudt8m/Pnf1qvq3Nv

I'm not expecting that to work, so tell me if it doesn't and I'll try again.

Is the edit seamless enough to maybe look legit? And are there any other edits worth noting?

Surprisingly, I'm okay with this. Then again, I came to terms with how this scene wouldn't be left untouched so yeah, DO YOUR WORST, VIZ!!!!

The very idea that lightning just knocks children away from you is completely amusing.

Sorry for the wait. I had to go and make 10 posts before doing this due to spambots and imgur was being very picky about the ones it would upload (so Dropbox will have to do).

Here you go!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rfnmgwmhxuudt8m/Pnf1qvq3Nv

I'm not expecting that to work, so tell me if it doesn't and I'll try again.
    So they censored Norman punching Ruby just like they censored Crystal's mom slapping Crystal. I guess they won't allow physical violence on kids or something.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    So they censored Norman punching Ruby just like they censored Crystal's mom slapping Crystal. I guess they won't allow physical violence on kids or something.
    To be fair, a punch is much worse than a slap.

Plus, the sound and force of Lightening could surprise people into stumbling back and falling. Though maybe it would've worked if it was edited to look like Ruby was tossed rather than hit.
    Last edited by matt0044; 27th June 2013 at 12:46 AM.

Considering this and the other edit were from parent to child, I guess Viz thinks child abuse is a no-no. And they're right. Although the one with Crys' mom was less child abuse and more slapping some sense into her daughter.

So the screen before 209 round Norman throw out Ruby is not excision since we have not seen the actual hands-on screen by Norman?

Ooh, Volume 17 already? What did they do with th-

...Really? Of all the routes they could have taken, they had to pick LIGHTNING. The only way this could even make a lick of sense would be as matt0044 said with the sound and the force being enough to make Norman let go of Ruby.

Considering this and the other edit were from parent to child, I guess Viz thinks child abuse is a no-no. And they're right. Although the one with Crys' mom was less child abuse and more slapping some sense into her daughter.
    In this day and age, kids are "precious snowflakes". Slapping some sense is right up there with spanking and even scolding: it's all pretty much abuse in the eyes of moral guardians and authorities with an agenda and a loose interpretation of the law.

While I understand that some of you are seeing it as an excessive and overabundant edit, Viz is taking the safest route they can (short of cutting panels). Better to have a small percentage of hardcore fans upset than to have angry helicopter parents getting their lawyers ready to go on a legal rampage.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    The only way this could even make a lick of sense would be as matt0044 said with the sound and the force being enough to make Norman let go of Ruby.
    Well, in the Pokemon world, anything's possible and that possibility above the least of it.

I still think they should've shown Norman shove Ruby if anything else possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    While I understand that some of you are seeing it as an excessive and overabundant edit, Viz is taking the safest route they can (short of cutting panels). Better to have a small percentage of hardcore fans upset than to have angry helicopter parents getting their lawyers ready to go on a legal rampage.
    Plus, they know how selective parents can be. A little violence like with Red being kicked by Hitmonlee? No prob. Crys getting slapped outta her sorry state by her mom? The folk at home go ballistic. Sadly, it's not far from the truth...
    Last edited by matt0044; 27th June 2013 at 2:20 AM.

Not so Fetching Feebas
    Assualted by Pelipper I

Thanks for the info. Lightning...that's very interesting. Gotta love Viz edits

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Thanks for the info. Lightning...that's very interesting. Gotta love Viz edits
    From what I see, it's not a badly done edit but I question it's relevance to the story. Kinda spontaneous...

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    From what I see, it's not a badly done edit but I question it's relevance to the story. Kinda spontaneous...
    Maybe it's just me, but I personally find the Viz edits very amusing, it's why they don't bother me. At least I can laugh and joke about them later. I still love the "Glare" no matter how weird Crys's mom's shoulder looks in the edit, and now lightning is added to the laugh.

Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast