Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Manga release thread

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I personally find the Viz edits very amusing, it's why they don't bother me. At least I can laugh and joke about them later. I still love the "Glare" no matter how weird Crys's mom's shoulder looks in the edit, and now lightning is added to the laugh.
    Yeah, it is kinda amusing. Though like I said before, I wonder if they could've made it look like Norman shoved Ruby if physical contact's a no-no.

can we see a picture of this edit?

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    can we see a picture of this edit?
    It was already posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle_Terra View Post
    Sorry for the wait. I had to go and make 10 posts before doing this due to spambots and imgur was being very picky about the ones it would upload (so Dropbox will have to do).

Here you go!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rfnmgwmhxuudt8m/Pnf1qvq3Nv

I'm not expecting that to work, so tell me if it doesn't and I'll try again.

So Volume 45 comes out tomorrow, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    So Volume 45 comes out tomorrow, right?
    Today.

Just received Pokémon Adventures Black & White Vol. 1. It's a very short volume (Amazon lists it as the stock 192 pages, but it's only about 90), containing the same four chapters (461-464) as the previous English publication Pokémon Black and White Vol. 1, plus a couple short pages of supplementary material at the back, an Adventure Map at the end of chapters 462 and 463, and the usual messages from Kusaka and Yamamoto. These are the same chapters included in the Japanese publication, minus the four HeartGold & SoulSilver chapters, which will presumably be moved to Pokémon Adventures HeartGold & SoulSilver Vol. 2 when it launches this October (we'll see if Vol. 2 is just a long book with 12 chapters, or if they redistribute the chapters between Vols. 1 and 2).

Quote Originally Posted by QuagsireQing View Post
    Just received Pokémon Adventures Black & White Vol. 1. It's a very short volume (Amazon lists it as the stock 192 pages, but it's only about 90), containing the same four chapters (461-464) as the previous English publication Pokémon Black and White Vol. 1, plus a couple short pages of supplementary material at the back, an Adventure Map at the end of chapters 462 and 463, and the usual messages from Kusaka and Yamamoto. These are the same chapters included in the Japanese publication, minus the four HeartGold & SoulSilver chapters, which will presumably be moved to Pokémon Adventures HeartGold & SoulSilver Vol. 2 when it launches this October (we'll see if Vol. 2 is just a long book with 12 chapters, or if they redistribute the chapters between Vols. 1 and 2).
    But is it the same as the volume 43 version, as in it has N showing up at the end?

Also, what are the chapter titles? A pic, maybe?
    Last edited by lolipiece; 28th June 2013 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    But is it the same as the volume 43 version, as in it has N showing up at the end?

Also, what are the chapter titles? A pic, maybe?
    Yes, it has the extra last scene with N. Chapter titles are the same as the first English release.

Hey hey, I wanna know something. Did Black's speech bubble get corrected in BW1? The one that said "OWN - that's what I learned today". It's been bugging me ever since it came out.

Definitely not gonna buy the volume if it's the same as miniBW1 save a couple of pages.

Quote Originally Posted by ReiZerou View Post
    Hey hey, I wanna know something. Did Black's speech bubble get corrected in BW1? The one that said "OWN - that's what I learned today". It's been bugging me ever since it came out.

Definitely not gonna buy the volume if it's the same as miniBW1 save a couple of pages.
    Yes, that bubble has been corrected. It now reads, "Trainers have to train their own mind and body too."

Had I known that the volume was the same as the original mini volume, I'd still have bought it for consistency's sake. I'd rather own it in the standard Adventures format than the strange mini volume, and I'll be waiting for proper Adventures volumes in the future, rather than continuing with the mini series.
    Last edited by QuagsireQing; 29th June 2013 at 3:22 PM.

Hmm so my first adventure in Black & White will only be 4 chapters long. At least I have DPPt 8 and RS 17 on the way.

DPPt 8 is definitely out isn't it? My retailer seems to have screwed up the publishing dates (but they still usually ship on the correct date). BW1 and RS17 shipped on Friday but I'm wondering if DPPt8 is going to be dispatched Monday or if they genuinely will not start selling until august. :S

Quote Originally Posted by QuagsireQing View Post
    Had I known that the volume was the same as the original mini volume, I'd still have bought it for consistency's sake. I'd rather own it in the standard Adventures format than the strange mini volume, and I'll be waiting for proper Adventures volumes in the future, rather than continuing with the mini series.
    I would have done the same and just waited. But I think I'll buy both the mini-volumes and the regular volumes. I'll get the regular volumes for the volume-only content, and the mini-volumes just fascinate me, it was such an odd thing for Viz to do. I wonder if they'll do it for X and Y and BW2. I imagine they'll wait for BW2 since the first chapter is already talking about the ending of BW.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    DPPt 8 is definitely out isn't it? My retailer seems to have screwed up the publishing dates (but they still usually ship on the correct date). BW1 and RS17 shipped on Friday but I'm wondering if DPPt8 is going to be dispatched Monday or if they genuinely will not start selling until august. :S
    It's definitely out. I own a copy, in fact. I have no idea what's up with your retailer, but I hope they'll stop messing around and let you get it before August.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    I happen to know for a fact that Giratina helps disadvantaged kids on weekends, Haunter donates to charity and Banette runs a knitting club for the elderly. Where do you get off on calling them evil?
    3DS FC: 2621 3770 1029 Panpour Gyarados Azumarill

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    Who did you order from? I've had Diamond & Pearl Platinum Vol. 8 since June 10, and Ruby & Sapphire Vol. 17 and Black & White Vol. 1 were delivered yesterday.

The book depository. They're free shipping and get to me very fast so I like to use it. They've never failed me, the dates are just confusing me.

DPPt8: 1st August
    RS17: 2nd July (correct I think)
    BW1: 18th July

I could order them all (not pre-order, actually order), and BW1 shipped on Friday despite the date they wrote. I ordered DPPt8 at the same time so it's probably just going to be shipped on Monday. The dates are just confusing me a lot and making me panic. :P

Edit: It's now Monday and it dispatched just fine. Publishing dates were just very confusing!
    Last edited by SlimeStack; 1st July 2013 at 4:32 PM.

For those who got ahold of Volume 45, what was in the preview for Volume 46? In the Victini chapter preview (provided there is one) was the fat female grunt replaced by Rood or no? My prediction is that she won't be replaced but rather there will be an extra scene with Rood in it where he orders the grunts to retreat after the plan fails, much like Zinzolin and a lot of the other Plasma sages. And has there been a released pic of Volume 46 yet?

Oh and also for those who got ahold of Volume 45 *cough, Coronis, cough* what are the Japanese names for the rounds that are in it?
    Last edited by Macromind101; 3rd July 2013 at 12:41 AM.

Hmm? It said there was a new post, but where is it?

Oh, the site confirmed volume 47's release date, the 28th of August.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Plus, they know how selective parents can be. A little violence like with Red being kicked by Hitmonlee? No prob. Crys getting slapped outta her sorry state by her mom? The folk at home go ballistic. Sadly, it's not far from the truth...
    You do realize some kids who read Pokemon adventures might actually be physically abused by their parents. Look at it from their point of view. These edits aren't just for the parents.

And I find the lightning much more amusing than the infamous *GLARE*.
    Last edited by diakyu; 3rd July 2013 at 6:14 PM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

For those who have Pokemon Adventures Black and White Vol. 1, who was on the back cover?

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    You do realize some kids who read Pokemon adventures might actually be physically abused by their parents. Look at it from their point of view. These edits aren't just for the parents.
    You're probably right and I don't like child abuse either. I just think the edits needed more work.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    For those who have Pokemon Adventures Black and White Vol. 1, who was on the back cover?
    It's just a picture of Snivy, Oshawott and Tepig together. No Palmer, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    I happen to know for a fact that Giratina helps disadvantaged kids on weekends, Haunter donates to charity and Banette runs a knitting club for the elderly. Where do you get off on calling them evil?
    3DS FC: 2621 3770 1029 Panpour Gyarados Azumarill

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricBassClef View Post
    It's just a picture of Snivy, Oshawott and Tepig together. No Palmer, of course.
    I wonder whether they'll add Palmer to the final Platinum backcover or if he'll just be missing from the Viz volume backcovers?
    "But sometimes I have to ask myself this question. It's true that to us his imaginings are nothing but the inventions of a busy mind. But to him, there simply is no other reality. Furthermore he is happy there.

So why, I ask myself, why in the name of healing him must we drag him painfully into the world of our own reality?"

~Doctor's memo, from Silent Hill 2

I've got a question. I was looking at Viz's website, trying to see how many volumes of Adventures they've released so far (and how many are in each 'section' they're releasing) so that I can make my to-buy list more accurate. However...

They didn't list volumes 15-19 (or so) of the main series, which would be the RS saga. I wanted to make sure they were actually out, so I went to Amazon to see, and 15's been out for quite some time.

Does anyone know why Viz isn't cataloging their properties properly? They've got HGSS 1 coming up next month, and the mini-BW 11 coming out at the same time, but searching "Pokémon" doesn't show any of the Hoenn books. (for reference, their Adventures section has 14 books listed, DPPt has 9, HGSS has 1, and BW has through 12, but is missing 9 and 10. Very strange.)
    In place of the legends,
    This nightmare ends!

I just use this page to see all the release dates:
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ntures_volumes

Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast