Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Manga release thread

Just got my copy of HGSS. In back, for volume 2 it says HUGE FINAL VOLUME! (Yes, it really is written that big.) And yes, it says 272 pages. It also says November 2013 is the release date for volume 2, although last I heard it was coming out October 29, 2013.

Also, Will, Koga, Karen and Bruno are on the back of volume 1, with Exeggutor, Muk, Houndoom and Machamp, respectively. Funny, from what I can tell, volume 1 uses the exact same gold color for the spine as volume 8 from the Gold & Silver arc.

EDIT: Also got Black and White volume 11. Rounds are:

35: The Battle Within
    36: Museum Showdown
    37: Finding Truth

Excadrill is on the back cover.
    Last edited by EverChanger; 9th August 2013 at 12:44 AM. Reason: BW vol11 details
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    Lol, I think the punny titles are clever. It's not like I really pay any attention to the individual names of the chapters/rounds anyway. "Weavile Wobbles But It Won't Fall Down" got a little chuckle out of me actually.
    They're not all bad, but some of them are just so weird or obscure. And I don't mind the ones that are just on the title page as much, but it's a bit annoying when there's a long title on an actual page of the manga since they have to cover more of the artwork with it.

Quote Originally Posted by EverChanger View Post
    Just got my copy of HGSS. In back, for volume 2 it says HUGE FINAL VOLUME! (Yes, it really is written that big.) And yes, it says 272 pages. It also says November 2013 is the release date for volume 2, although last I heard it was coming out October 29, 2013.

Also, Will, Koga, Karen and Bruno are on the back of volume 1, with Exeggutor, Muk, Houndoom and Machamp, respectively. Funny, from what I can tell, volume 1 uses the exact same gold color for the spine as volume 8 from the Gold & Silver arc.
    Viz sure loves to advertise their huge volumes. XD It's odd it says it's coming out a month later though. Wonder if that's a mistake or the actual release date?

Good, then Viz kept the backcover in tact. (not that I figured they would change it) And both volumes probably use the exact same color of gold everywhere, but with Viz's digital blocks volume 8's probably looks lighter than it actually is. Thanks for all the HGSS and BW info by the way!
    "But sometimes I have to ask myself this question. It's true that to us his imaginings are nothing but the inventions of a busy mind. But to him, there simply is no other reality. Furthermore he is happy there.

So why, I ask myself, why in the name of healing him must we drag him painfully into the world of our own reality?"

~Doctor's memo, from Silent Hill 2

Quote Originally Posted by QuagsireQing View Post
    Not 212, but 272 pages, making it ever-so-slightly longer than Vol. 14.
    Yeah, 272. I only glanced at it so I mistook it for a 1.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

EDIT: Also got Black and White volume 11. Rounds are:

35: The Battle Within
    36: Museum Showdown
    37: Finding Truth

Excadrill is on the back cover.
    Oooh! Sounds like another jumbo sized volume. Platinum fan loves jumbo size Pokemon Adventures Volumes.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Thanks for the BW info.

But there is something far more important in it that I'd like to know.

What. Did. They. Do. To. The blood dripping off of Clay's face. (This is right after Tornadus, Landorus, and Thundurus attack; chapter 36.)

And if it's not too much trouble, can you provide a picture of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Thanks for the BW info.

What. Did. They. Do. To. The blood dripping off of Clay's face. (This is right after Tornadus, Landorus, and Thundurus attack; chapter 36.)

I do not have an account with an image sharing website, but I can confirm that this scene appears to be completely unchanged compared to the image you posted here.
    Last edited by EverChanger; 9th August 2013 at 2:07 PM. Reason: Bold
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

I do not have an account with an image sharing website, but I can confirm that this scene appears to be completely unchanged compared to the image you posted here.
    Guess it's how it's uncolored and black.

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm really glad to hear it, though I'm not surprised honestly. The only violence edits so far in the series have been the parent-child ones, and Ruby and Norman was the last of those. Now it's possible young kids could be a different case (we'll see what happens with young! Black and Ruby), but I think it's a fairly safe bet that the rest of the violence will be left in tact.

I believe the only things left to wonder about are sexuality (like Sapphire and Flannery's naked hot springs gym battle, and Pike Queen Lucy licking her fingers), Saque explaining her past and the Platinum colored image showcasing scenes from almost all the arcs, the Unova Gym Leaders being tied to something resembling crosses, and all the deaths near the end of RS. So far all the sexuality has been left in tact aside from the Pokeboobs since nothing else was as blunt, and the rest isn't any blunter than what they left in tact so I think it might be fine. As for Saque, I could be wrong but I think it will be left in tact. I'm not sure about the colored scene. Now I know even if it is kept it won't be kept in color, but it's spoilery in a worse way and could be left out easier so it might be. (though I hope not) Tcross-like things the gym leaders were tied to could go either way. They're not exactly crosses so they could maybe leave them, but they do look similar enough (as seen by the controversy when the pictures first appeared online) that they might go ahead and change them. But I'm not really sure how they could do it since their normal way of doing it would obscure a lot of the artwork... And I honestly have no idea about the deaths. I don't think they could censor them exactly, though they might make the dialogue a bit more ambiguous or something? I dunno...

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Guess it's how it's uncolored and black.
    It's still pretty obvious what it is though. My guess is that only violence that could be seen as child abuse is a problem.
    Last edited by 1dbad; 9th August 2013 at 2:51 PM.
    "But sometimes I have to ask myself this question. It's true that to us his imaginings are nothing but the inventions of a busy mind. But to him, there simply is no other reality. Furthermore he is happy there.

So why, I ask myself, why in the name of healing him must we drag him painfully into the world of our own reality?"

The deaths in RS might get a pass with more ambiguous dialogue and the fact that they come back in the end (still would've worked better if they sought out Jirachi instead of Ruby just happening to have Celebi).

As for Sapphire vs Flannery, I'm sure it'll pass. This is Pokemon not an ecchi series. Not even GF would be that desperate for cash.
    Last edited by matt0044; 9th August 2013 at 3:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1dbad View Post
    I believe the only things left to wonder about are sexuality (like Sapphire and Flannery's naked hot springs gym battle, and Pike Queen Lucy licking her fingers), Saque explaining her past and the Platinum colored image showcasing scenes from almost all the arcs, the Unova Gym Leaders being tied to something resembling crosses, and all the deaths near the end of RS. So far all the sexuality has been left in tact aside from the Pokeboobs since nothing else was as blunt, and the rest isn't any blunter than what they left in tact so I think it might be fine. As for Saque, I could be wrong but I think it will be left in tact. I'm not sure about the colored scene. Now I know even if it is kept it won't be kept in color, but it's spoilery in a worse way and could be left out easier so it might be. (though I hope not) Tcross-like things the gym leaders were tied to could go either way. They're not exactly crosses so they could maybe leave them, but they do look similar enough (as seen by the controversy when the pictures first appeared online) that they might go ahead and change them. But I'm not really sure how they could do it since their normal way of doing it would obscure a lot of the artwork... And I honestly have no idea about the deaths. I don't think they could censor them exactly, though they might make the dialogue a bit more ambiguous or something? I dunno...
    Volume 20 and 42 also have colored images.

So if they included, volume 40 should be also did it.

In addition, it may get a slight correction as the Japanese word "Professor Elm".
    Last edited by e9310103838; 9th August 2013 at 3:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    The deaths in RS might get a pass with more ambiguous dialogue and the fact that they come back in the end (still would've worked better if they sought out Jirachi instead of Ruby just happening to have Celebi).
    Honestly, I don't think there's much they can do to it without messing things up. So dialogue edits are the only thing I can think of. And if they tweak the dialogue some I think they could keep everything in tact. Hopefully I'm right, since I would prefer as little to be changed as possible. And as for your idea, it's not bad, but I'm not sure what all would have to be changed around for it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    Volume 20 and 42 also have colored images.

So if they included, volume 40 should be also did it.

In addition, it may get a slight correction as the Japanese word "Professor Elm".
    They haven't come out yet though, so we don't know if they were included or not. Guess we'll see when the second HGSS volume comes out in October/November. I'm assuming they'll keep both though, just print them in black-and-white instead of color and change any Engrish or incorrect dialogue.

I'm not sure about volume 40 though. They might, but the problem is there's art for FireRed/LeafGreen and Emerald, and not all of the volumes those scenes are in will have been released yet.
    Last edited by 1dbad; 9th August 2013 at 4:21 PM.

Forgot to mention about HGSS volume 1: In case anybody's curious, the Pokémon on the spine is... none of them! Gold is on the spine, and just Gold; no Pokémon in sight.
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

I like how the HGSS gets your attention with the opening with Gold fighting Arceus.

Just picked up my copy of HGSS volume 1 today. Other than what's already been said, Here's some other details I knoticed.

- First, The TR trio FRLG arc's name remains as The Three Beasts. Also, Carr is the Viz name for Carr too.
    - The PokéAthlon watermarks are left on the cover. (hopefully, they'll do the same with the Battle Frontier's come the Emerald volumes)
    - Horrible misspelling on Aipom's name in VS. Oddish. It's mispelled Eipam
    - Exbo is refered to as Tybo in the same round.
    - The Team Rocket executives refer to themselves as The Four Team Rocket Executives at the end of VS. Koffing
    - Like in traditional VIZ tradition, In-game characters retain their names from the games in this edition.
    - The Exact blurb at the end of the volume is as follows...

The thrilling conclusion to the story reuniting Pokémon Trainers Gold, Silver, and Crystal... and Team Rocket too!

So much fun and adventure it took 272 pages to tell the tale

Crystal and Gold battle the enemy while Silver collects the 16 mysterious plates that Team Rocket wants to get their hands on to set their latest diabolical plan in motion. Then, a mysterious force field envelops our three heroes -- along with Legendary Pokémon Arceus -- and transports them all to ... where?!

Which unwanted companions tag along? And what three new Legendaries will our heroes meet there?
    I used the original "VS" rounds since they seem fit for me since I got used to the round names that aways.

Anyways, I've got a feeling the Sird and Orm are also going to keep their names in the VIZ translations since they left Carr and The Three Beasts in tack in this volume. Though we'll have to wait and see about it. Sird's VIZ name going to be confirmed here in about a month or two; Orm's is going to be more than likely confirmed next year if VIZ goes ahead and publish FRLG arc when Volume 22 rolls around potentially about in May going off the pattern. Note though Volume 22's release date won't be confirmed until a place like Amazon lists it.

Besides, I'd also like to point out that the gap between where we would be if Volume 15 was released in October 2011 instead of back in March is 9 to be exact (Volume 26 would've been out now). Just decided to point that out since it's where we should have been up to.

there's no Battle Frontier?!

Quote Originally Posted by DaAuraWolf View Post
    - First, The TR trio FRLG arc's name remains as The Three Beasts. Also, Carr is the Viz name for Carr too.
    Thanks for the additional info. I didn't think they would change their title, but it's nice to have confirmation.

- The PokéAthlon watermarks are left on the cover. (hopefully, they'll do the same with the Battle Frontier's come the Emerald volumes)
    I doubt it. The only reason they're retained is Viz actually kept the original volume's background, but since volumes 1-29 are getting new digital block backgrounds and not carrying over any symbols it doesn't seem likely.

- Horrible misspelling on Aipom's name in VS. Oddish. It's mispelled Eipam
    That's actually a case of not adapting it since that's its original Japanese name. :P

Anyways, I've got a feeling the Sird and Orm are also going to keep their names in the VIZ translations since they left Carr and The Three Beasts in tack in this volume. Though we'll have to wait and see about it. Sird's VIZ name going to be confirmed here in about a month or two; Orm's is going to be more than likely confirmed next year if VIZ goes ahead and publish FRLG arc when Volume 22 rolls around potentially about in May going off the pattern. Note though Volume 22's release date won't be confirmed until a place like Amazon lists it.
    If they kept Carr it's quite possible. Though Sird's actual name is Saque, so maybe they'll leave her original name in tact instead? We'll be finding out soon regardless. And considering volume 22 is the final RS volume and we have dates for up to...21 (right?) it's guaranteed to come out.

Besides, I'd also like to point out that the gap between where we would be if Volume 15 was released in October 2011 instead of back in March is 9 to be exact (Volume 26 would've been out now). Just decided to point that out since it's where we should have been up to.
    Yeah, that's what annoys me so much about their waiting so long, especially when there wasn't any reason for it. Hopefully they won't stop again after RS, but I don't think they will since we have all those planned dates from their site that have turned out to be right so far.

Thanks for the BW info.

It's as if someone splashed gravy on his face!

Is chuang yi still in business?

they released volume 41 months ago. Shouldn't Volume 42 be out by now?

What latest for singapore and japan
    Been out of loop

Visiting Serebii.net
    everyday since the
    ~ Year 2000 ~
    during the Summer

For anyone who's curious, Volume 18 is out and I've got a copy of it.

Chapter titles are as follows:

Adventure 215: Assaulted by Pelipper II

Adventure 216: Mixing It Up with Magcargo

Adventure 217: Mind-boggling with Medicham

Adventure 218: It's Absol-lutely a Bad Omen

Adventure 219: What Would You Do for a Whismur?

Adventure 220: Going to Eleven with Loudred and Exploud I

Adventure 221: Going to Eleven with Loudred and Exploud II

Adventure 222: Short Shrift for Shiftry

Adventure 223: I More Than Like You, Luvdisc I

Adventure 224: I More Than Like You, Luvdisc II

Adventure 225: Tanks, But No Tanks, Anorith and Lileep

Adventure 226: I Dare Ya, Altaria...Knock Chic off My Shoulder!

The castform's name is Fofo. Incidentally, the volume still has the Viz Kids brand on it, not Perfect Square.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    I happen to know for a fact that Giratina helps disadvantaged kids on weekends, Haunter donates to charity and Banette runs a knitting club for the elderly. Where do you get off on calling them evil?
    3DS FC: 2621 3770 1029 Panpour Gyarados Azumarill

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricBassClef View Post
    For anyone who's curious, Volume 18 is out and I've got a copy of it.

Chapter titles are as follows:

Adventure 215: Assaulted by Pelipper II

Adventure 216: Mixing It Up with Magcargo

Adventure 217: Mind-boggling with Medicham

Adventure 218: It's Absol-lutely a Bad Omen

Adventure 219: What Would You Do for a Whismur?

Adventure 220: Going to Eleven with Loudred and Exploud I

Adventure 221: Going to Eleven with Loudred and Exploud II

Adventure 222: Short Shrift for Shiftry

Adventure 223: I More Than Like You, Luvdisc I

Adventure 224: I More Than Like You, Luvdisc II

Adventure 225: Tanks, But No Tanks, Anorith and Lileep

Adventure 226: I Dare Ya, Altaria...Knock Chic off My Shoulder!

The castform's name is Fofo. Incidentally, the volume still has the Viz Kids brand on it, not Perfect Square.
    ...What? What kind of title is...

...What? What kind of title is...
    Yeah, the titles weren't so great this time around.

Edit: Oh yeah, and as far as I can tell the hot springs scene wasn't altered at all. I think someone was wondering about that...?
    Last edited by ElectricBassClef; 4th September 2013 at 4:55 AM.
    I happen to know for a fact that Giratina helps disadvantaged kids on weekends, Haunter donates to charity and Banette runs a knitting club for the elderly. Where do you get off on calling them evil?

Yeah, the titles weren't so great this time around.

Edit: Oh yeah, and as far as I can tell the hot springs scene wasn't altered at all. I think someone was wondering about that...?
    Does Wallace's Pokemon keep their names? What about the cigarette scene from chapter 224?

Does Wallace's Pokemon keep their names? What about the cigarette scene from chapter 224?
    And what are the girls of Wallace's cheerleading's names in 225 (P168 around)?

The guy smoking/burning the lady with the cigarette is kept in. She wanted to turn him into the police, he said it was an accident, and then Wallace lectured him on the dangers of secondhand smoke.

The Luvdisc is still Elizabeth. I don't think any of the others are mentioned by name.

Oh yeah, and Sapphire was feeling that Zigzagoon's throat glands to see if they were swollen, apparently. They also edited the art a bit in that scene to make the zigzagoon's trainer look a bit taken aback rather than shocked and horrified, and so that Sapphire wouldn't look like she had her nose up its butt, and to remove the poop on her nose. I completely forgot about that scene, haha.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    And what are the girls of Wallace's cheerleading's names in 225 (P168 around)?
    Didn't see your post, sorry. Their names are Elna, Ouna, Vina, and Ina.
    Last edited by ElectricBassClef; 4th September 2013 at 5:39 AM.

Didn't see your post, sorry. Their names are Elna, Ouna, Vina, and Ina.
    The same with thier Japanese names XD

Oh yeah, and Sapphire was feeling that Zigzagoon's throat glands to see if they were swollen, apparently. They also edited the art a bit in that scene to make the zigzagoon's trainer look a bit taken aback rather than shocked and horrified, and so that Sapphire wouldn't look like she had her nose up its butt, and to remove the poop on her nose. I completely forgot about that scene, haha.
    So, she said she smell Zigzagoon's poop and Winona ask her remove the poop on her nose also removed? lol
    Last edited by e9310103838; 4th September 2013 at 6:30 AM.

Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast