Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Manga release thread

Some release dates:

Diamond and Pearl/Platinum Vol. 11 - June 3, 2014
    Adventures Vol. 22 - May 6, 2014
    Adventures Vol. 23 - July 1, 2014
    Adventures Black and White Vol. 4 - July 1, 2014

If those dates are correct, at least we know that they're going ahead with the FR/LG arc and hopefully the Emerald arc. If it continues this way, we'll be fully up to date by the beginning of 2015.
    ~Disclaimer: If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared to not only retract it, but also to deny under oath I ever said it. ~

I think it's a really bad move for Kusaka to be putting intervals between volumes that are more than a month. What they had going over the summer was really good. The problem that I'm forseeing is that as the magazines released only five rounds of B2W2 and considering that the B2W2 games had a lot of new content (unlike third versions and remakes which introduced a fair few but not a lot), the B2W2 chapter will probably span across quite a few volumes (five at the minimum, I think). Since, in the past, it took from a couple months to nearly a year for Kusaka to release volumes that consisted of volume-only chapters, it may actually take a few years for B2W2 to be completed via volumes. So it may be a good idea for Kusaka to complete BW via volumes ASAP since most of the rounds were already released by the magazines (one-month intervals between volumes, hopefully) and get to B2W2 as soon as he can so that the XY chapter won't start long after the games were released (or even when Generation VII already started and Generation VI is ancient history).
    Last edited by Macromind101; 13th October 2013 at 8:05 PM.

Honestly, I think the manga should have an online publication instead of a third magazine. It would be easier.

Also, Coronis said Amanda can't have Contrary because the Tsutarja with the Hidden Ability was never released. However, I don't understand why this would be a problem for Kusaka. I mean, this manga already gave us more absurd stuff that are completely invalid in the games, like a Wolverine Arbok, a Golbat with a crystal ball in the mouth, the legendary birds PokéXrosing, the Kanto Elite Four's pokémon abilities, and even Mewtwo's battle strategy itself. Can someone please clear this up for me?
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Cover for Black and White Adventures Vol. 2:

http://www.amazon.com/Pok%C3%A9mon-A...mon+adventures

Can somone... please answer my question?
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

G-Santos: All of those events happened in the R/B/Y arc at the very beginning, before stuff like abilities and many of the mechanics that later games implemented so there's bound to be a lot of early-installment weirdness plus, abilities and how the Pokemon interact with them doesn't work the same as how Pokemon as animals work in the Adventures world, who's to say an Arbok can't regrow it's limbs or that a Golbat can be used in such a way.
    ~Disclaimer: If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared to not only retract it, but also to deny under oath I ever said it. ~

Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    Honestly, I think the manga should have an online publication instead of a third magazine. It would be easier.

Also, Coronis said Amanda can't have Contrary because the Tsutarja with the Hidden Ability was never released. However, I don't understand why this would be a problem for Kusaka. I mean, this manga already gave us more absurd stuff that are completely invalid in the games, like a Wolverine Arbok, a Golbat with a crystal ball in the mouth, the legendary birds PokéXrosing, the Kanto Elite Four's pokémon abilities, and even Mewtwo's battle strategy itself. Can someone please clear this up for me?
    And plus, all that weird stuff happened in the earlier chapters, the chapters where the corresponding games didn't have much of a plot and Kusaka had to make up some of his own things in order to make the manga plot more exciting. All those deviations from the games ceased down in the later chapters when the corresponding games had actual plots.

I have a question, what is "Perfect Square"? I see it on the upcoming books, I just want to know what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Ranger View Post
    I have a question, what is "Perfect Square"? I see it on the upcoming books, I just want to know what it means.
    http://www.perfectsquare.com/about

Perfect Square, and imprint of VIZ Media, LLC, produces comics, manga and other books dedicated to strong storytelling, eye-popping graphics, empowering themes, and a dash of irreverence, that capture the imagination of a whole new generation.
    They really need to get an editor one of these days, huh?
    Do a barrel roll!

Quote Originally Posted by JB2448 View Post
    http://www.perfectsquare.com/about

They really need to get an editor one of these days, huh?
    Ah, so Viz Kids is just getting a rename and some kind of internal shuffling. Ok then, thanks

have the b2w2 or xy arcs started? because i heard they did but i couldn't find anything about them except some character stuff on bulbapedia

Quote Originally Posted by sparkduster View Post
    have the b2w2 or xy arcs started? because i heard they did but i couldn't find anything about them except some character stuff on bulbapedia
    Yes, B2W2 started and ended in the magazines after 5 chapters and XY is running in the magazines right now with 2 chapters out. B2W2 will continue with more content in the actual volumes in about a year or so.

The English release of the Genesect and the Legend Awakened adaptation is set for December 3 according to Amazon.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

There's also quite many release dates for BW mini volumes in Amazon, up to 17.

Pokémon Black and White, Vol. 14 - February 4th
    Pokémon Black and White, Vol. 15 - April 1st
    Pokémon Black and White, Vol. 16 - June 3rd
    Pokémon Black and White, Vol. 17 - August 5th

Has Viz said WHY they're taking so long to put these out? I mean, long releases are one thing but this is the same company who released multiple volumes of One Piece at a time to get caught up. And while I know that One Piece is a lot longer than Special, they could still do it. Heck, they could pick up the My First Wide concept where Japan left off and do it that way.

Because the wait between these volumes is completely ridiculous.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Well, One Piece IS infinitely more popular than PokeSpe.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Quote Originally Posted by ReiZerou View Post
    Yes, B2W2 started and ended in the magazines after 5 chapters and XY is running in the magazines right now with 2 chapters out. B2W2 will continue with more content in the actual volumes in about a year or so.
    thanks but i was more wonder if there was any place i could find them online

Quote Originally Posted by sparkduster View Post
    thanks but i was more wonder if there was any place i could find them online
    Yeah, no. Discussion about such things is not allowed here.

Also, someone got volume 42. All I know is the titles.

Raising the Stakes with Rhyperior
    With a Little Help From Hitmonchan
    It Takes Xatu to Tango
    All About Arceus I-IX.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Yeah, no. Discussion about such things is not allowed here.

Also, someone got volume 42. All I know is the titles.

Raising the Stakes with Rhyperior
    With a Little Help From Hitmonchan
    It Takes Xatu to Tango
    All About Arceus I-IX.
    oops sorry. i just am dying to read them

Just got my copy of BW volume 2 (could've gotten volume 19 early as well but I didn't bring enough cash). These chapters have already been released, so there probably isn't much new stuff. I'd be willing to look through if you guys want to know if something has been changed from the mini volumes or w/e.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle_Terra View Post
    Just got my copy of BW volume 2 (could've gotten volume 19 early as well but I didn't bring enough cash). These chapters have already been released, so there probably isn't much new stuff. I'd be willing to look through if you guys want to know if something has been changed from the mini volumes or w/e.
    Yes, can you post on here the names of the chapters? For both volumes? (Or in the case of BW Volume 2, just tell us if the names of the rounds were changed or not.)

For BW Volume 2

Adventure 5: Lights, Camera.....Action
    Adventure 6: An Odd Speech
    Adventure 7: Letting Go
    Adventure 8: Listening to Pokemon
    Adventure 9: Welcome to Striaton City!!
    Adventure 10: Their First Gym Battle
    Adventure 11: Battle at the Dreamyard

I never got the mini volumes, so I'm not sure if they changed or not. Unfortunately, I don't know the chapter names for Volume 19 because stupid me didn't look inside (I preordered it on Amazon, so I wasn't really concerned with it). Sorry about that.

I have Vol. 19, here's the chapter names:

Adventure 227: I'm Always Grumpig First Thing in the Morning I

Adventure 228: I'm Always Grumpig First Thing in the Morning II

Adventure 229: You Can Fight Day or Night With Lunatone & Solrock

Adventure 230: Walrein and Camerupt

Adventure 231: Master Class with Masquerain

Adventure 232: Always Keep Whiscash on You for Emergencies

Adventure 233: The Beginning of the End with Kyogre & Groudon I

Adventure 234: The Beginning of the End with Kyogre & Groudon II

Adventure 235: The Beginning of the End with Kyogre & Groudon III

Adventure 236: The Beginning of the End with Kyogre & Groudon IV

Adventure 237: The Beginning of the End with Kyogre & Groudon V

Adventure 238: The Beginning of the End with Kyogre & Groudon VI

... I think Viz might be running out of ideas for names.

Fofo the Castform's on the spine.

Also, I finally got my copy of HeartGold & SoulSilver 2 in, and I noticed a few things while reading it. This time it's Crystal's head that appears on the spine. Well, it matches Gold's head on HG/SS vol. 1's spine, anyway. More significantly, Gold's Pichu has a name now. It's "Pibu".
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    I happen to know for a fact that Giratina helps disadvantaged kids on weekends, Haunter donates to charity and Banette runs a knitting club for the elderly. Where do you get off on calling them evil?
    3DS FC: 2621 3770 1029 Panpour Gyarados Azumarill

Pichu has a nickname now? Thank God.

I was hoping that someone would realize that it does have a nickname.

Wait, Pibu? Not Pibo?

Weird. Well, it makes sense since it was Yellow who gave it a name.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 5th November 2013 at 8:59 PM.

Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast