Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1274

Thread: Upcoming Manga release thread

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    The chapter title for 273 is kinda odd. The others are fine.
    Purple is the color of a bruise.

If you were confused by it, that's what they were going for.

Quote Originally Posted by TheViolentTomboy View Post
    Local anime store got volume 23 a day early!

Chapter titles:

Adventure 268: The Escape
    Adventure 269: Return to Pallet Town
    Adventure 270: Now You See Me
    Adventure 271: ...Now You Don't
    Adventure 272: Old Ultima Puts Them to the Test
    Adventure 273: Red and Blue Make Purple Opponents
    Adventure 274: Double Dealing with Deoxys
    Adventure 275: A Vicious Cycle of Possibilities
    Adventure 276: My, My, My Mimic
    Adventure 277: A Beastly Cold Reception
    Adventure 278: Put Your Beast Foot Forward
    Adventure 279: Don't Doubt Deoxys

So let's see..."Kimberly" is now Ultima. The Three Beasts are the same. All terminology seems right and I didn't spot any grammar mistakes. No edits either. I'll read through one more time just to make sure though.

Also, for some weird reason, Blue (JP Green) occasionally talks in a light, Bill-like accent.
    Clever and amusing titles, kind wish they would just revert Blue to Green and vice versa since I can't stand seeing the Blue-eyed character being called Green and the Green-eyed one being called Blue, but whatever. I blame TPCi.

Ultima I guess come from "Ultimate Moves" which is fitting. I like "Red and Blue Make Purple Opponents" clever. "Put Your Beast Foot Forward" is pretty freaking cool as well.

The Pokémon Company International had nothing to do with the name switch. It's all VIZ fault since 15 years ago.

Yellow has green eyes.

Black has brown eyes.

White has blue eyes.

Red's eyes weren't red until FRLG. As were Blue and Green's.

Eye color means nothing.

Wow, Viz's release of this volume sounds better than usual! Even the chapter names are better, so I look forward to checking it out when I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Reader X View Post
    The Pokémon Company International had nothing to do with the name switch. It's all VIZ fault since 15 years ago.
    More than anyone I'd blame the people responsible for the US release of Red and Blue. It was their decision to pair Blue version with Red instead of Green, and it's possible Viz swapping the names was requesting by them for consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Eye color means nothing.
    Except in their case it did, since their eyes do match the names Kusaka chose for them. But you are right, that a lot of Dexholders eyes don't match so a couple more being that way isn't too big of a deal.
    Last edited by 1dbad; 3rd July 2014 at 6:13 PM.
    "But sometimes I have to ask myself this question. It's true that to us his imaginings are nothing but the inventions of a busy mind. But to him, there simply is no other reality. Furthermore he is happy there.

So why, I ask myself, why in the name of healing him must we drag him painfully into the world of our own reality?"

~Doctor's memo, from Silent Hill 2

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Yellow has green eyes.

Black has brown eyes.

White has blue eyes.

Red's eyes weren't red until FRLG. As were Blue and Green's.

Eye color means nothing.
    Gold has gold eyes. Silver has silver eyes. Crystal has blue eyes. Emerald has green eyes. Sapphire has blue. Ruby has red. Green has green eyes. Blue has blue eyes. Yellow's brownish-yellow eyes are close to her color scheme. Despite the retcon, that's clearly what they were going for or else they wouldn't have retconned it in the first place. Obviously Black and White won't have black and white eyes, that'd be incredibly weird for Black especially to have actual black colored eyes. That or he simply tried to go with their corresponding game eye colors.

Jeez, I'm not about it or anything lolipiece, it's just an interesting little design quirk I like.

Red and Blue were paired together in game releases, hence why "Green" is known as "Blue" in the English-speaking games. You didn't notice that awkward color dialogue in Pokemon the Origin's English dub? Or the fact "Blue" is walking around with green clothing the whole special?
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 3rd July 2014 at 10:07 PM.

Be it anime or manga or whatever, Green's name is ever and after going to be changed to Blue outside Japan because that's what the big bosses of N. America and Japan want. It's all for the consistency. I know because of the Finnish publication of PokéSpe.

Now let's put that topic to rest, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by ReiZerou View Post
    Be it anime or manga or whatever, Green's name is ever and after going to be changed to Blue outside Japan because that's what the big bosses of N. America and Japan want. It's all for the consistency. I know because of the Finnish publication of PokéSpe.

And some Asian places also use Green (male) and Blue (female) (translated language).
    Last edited by e9310103838; 4th July 2014 at 1:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReiZerou View Post

You aren't a mod, please don't attempt to shut down discussion. I was just making a small comment on it more than anything. No needed to get so wrapped up on it.

Pokčmon Adventures: Black and White Volume 7 confirmed

Amazing to see that we'll be good as caught up next year. However, There's still going to be a small gap between VIZ and the original Japanese releases since the Japanese will kore the likely be up to the point where the Platinum arc was if we see B2W2 arc gets treated like Platinum when it comes to new chapters. I think that it would more than likely be so since of the amount of magazine run rounds of B2W2 and the time it would be for original chapter exclusive rounds like in Volume 40.

Other than that, This is the current list of Volumes that haven't been confirmed for release by VIZ. The list is quite short and it's expected that all of these will be out next year.

Volume 28
    Volume 29
    Volume 50
    Volume 51

there's no Battle Frontier?!

They still could have stepped in when Viz restarted the series. Everything is passed by them.

Interesting, a one month release difference. Neither 2 months nor 4, but 1 month apart! Then we should caught up with BW and Emerald by mid summer! And perhaps ORAS if it doesn't take another year. BW2 wont last long either right?

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    BW2 wont last long either right?
    Considering that XY had to have its volumes published separately to not rush BW2, I think Kusaka and Yamamoto have already decided that BW2 will last long. Maybe three or four years at most, but I don't have enough knowledge to make a properly calculated guess.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    Considering that XY had to have its volumes published separately to not rush BW2, I think Kusaka and Yamamoto have already decided that BW2 will last long. Maybe three or four years at most, but I don't have enough knowledge to make a properly calculated guess.
    I hope it would have at least 3-4 volumes. There's still a lot of stuff from the games that they have yet to show.

We had to wait 11 months after the previous volume for the volumes containing only volume-exclusive rounds (29 & 40). So if Volume 52 is the last one containing magazine-serialised material before XY and is released in October, we would have to wait until September 2015 for the next volume (or two). I've also observed that the volume after the one with the volume-exclusive rounds (30 & 41) is released just a month after. Maybe if Kusaka and Yamamoto really were "insane" and put out a big bumper Volume 53 (with ~20 rounds) to end the B2W2 arc, then Volume 54 would be the first XY volume and it would be released in October 2015. So everything's going according to plan then.

But realistically, it would be Volume 54 concluding the B2W2 arc. I don't think Pokéspe has followed up a volume containing only volume-exclusive rounds with another volume containing only volume-exclusive rounds yet. So the time to wait between those two volumes remains unpredictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Red and Blue were paired together in game releases, hence why "Green" is known as "Blue" in the English-speaking games.
    Oh right, I forgot about that for a second.

Volume 52 will be publish between August and October fastest, or publish at the end or early next year slowest.

And XY volume 2 will be publish in November I guess.

Happy to see it looks like they are speeding up the BW volume releases. It'll be nice to finally be able to read the whole arc and that way we won't have to wait as long for BW2 most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by timpkmn89 View Post
    They still could have stepped in when Viz restarted the series. Everything is passed by them.
    Why would they want to change it though? I imagine they want consistency with the game releases.

Quote Originally Posted by shawn_o1 View Post
    We had to wait 11 months after the previous volume for the volumes containing only volume-exclusive rounds (29 & 40). So if Volume 52 is the last one containing magazine-serialised material before XY and is released in October, we would have to wait until September 2015 for the next volume (or two). I've also observed that the volume after the one with the volume-exclusive rounds (30 & 41) is released just a month after. Maybe if Kusaka and Yamamoto really were "insane" and put out a big bumper Volume 53 (with ~20 rounds) to end the B2W2 arc, then Volume 54 would be the first XY volume and it would be released in October 2015. So everything's going according to plan then.

But realistically, it would be Volume 54 concluding the B2W2 arc. I don't think Pokéspe has followed up a volume containing only volume-exclusive rounds with another volume containing only volume-exclusive rounds yet. So the time to wait between those two volumes remains unpredictable.
    There's something you're missing though -- Yamamoto is searching for an assistant. Once he gets one, he can probably get work done a lot faster, so he likely won't work at the same rate anymore.
    "But sometimes I have to ask myself this question. It's true that to us his imaginings are nothing but the inventions of a busy mind. But to him, there simply is no other reality. Furthermore he is happy there.

So why, I ask myself, why in the name of healing him must we drag him painfully into the world of our own reality?"

~Doctor's memo, from Silent Hill 2

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    Volume 52 will be publish between August and October fastest, or publish at the end or early next year slowest.

And XY volume 2 will be publish in November I guess.
    They'll have around seven chapters by then, huh.

I still wonder what they'll do with the chapter with Y and Eevee. She can't just have captured Vuivui offscreen. They need to show it...whenever she decides to actually use it in battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn_o1 View Post

Volume 29 was not volume-only content. Half of it was published in Pokemon Wonderland.

(Why do people keep saying that?)

Does anyone noe when bw2 manga will come out.

^ the first round or two of BW2 will be in Volume 51. After that, expect three or four volumes of BW2 until the start of 2016

EDIT: Oops, got that wrong. So BW2 will be exclusively in Volumes 52-54/55? But expect the sales for Volume 52 to not be as high as Volume 51 since most people are gonna get cheesed off with the Volume 51 ending
    Last edited by shawn_o1; 27th July 2014 at 4:39 PM.

"Let's Play the Pokémon Card Game XY!" release the voice-over version.
    http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/cardcomic/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuhYJtrrA-M

It's plot seems different with serialized version.
    http://www.pokemon-card.com/levelup/comics/

When is the bw2 volume releasing?

Nothing has been announced by now since volume 51 came out just two days ago in Japan. But I guess it could be possible that volume 52 will be released later this year.
    Sorry for my bad English...

So, Black and White mini-volume 17 comes out tomorrow.

If you got it early or something, please feel free to share the juicy details.

The solicits mentioned Petashi is named Leo and Looker is Lou Karr. Is it correct? If not, what's their names.

Also, here's 18's cover. That hasn't been posted yet, right?

Hmm. 18's solicits mention two League battles. But we know one of the Keldeo chapters will be in 17. So is the second one here, or is this going to be a short volume? I guess they won't want to spoil who wins, and it'll just end with Black vs Cheren.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 5th August 2014 at 2:39 AM.

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast