Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 1242

Thread: Upcoming Manga release thread

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,323

    Default

    They need Emerald as well.

    Remember? Archie? Guile Hideout?

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Deep Dark Hills of East KY
    Posts
    2,080

    Default

    Yeah , It is Volume 37 that Sird appears in the DP arc instead of Volume 36. I just thought that since that the Volume 36 would be the 7th volume of the Viz release of the series. But hey , I think that the reason why the page for Volume 37 (8th in the Viz Release) doesn't link to the DP arc is that they could be releasing the RS , FRLG , and Emerald arc next year as Viz BIG edition books. That would kinda make sense since that (1) to avoid confusion about Sird and (2) 2013 marks the 10th anniversary of the 3rd generation in North America. By my calculation of if they release bimonthly , We could have all of the missing volumes in 2013 if they do the Viz BIG edition books.

    there's no Battle Frontier?!

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,088

    Default

    They could also pause the DPPt release before Volume 8 along with releasing the Gen 3 arcs so when it's all done, they can release Volume 8. It's not like the DPPt arc would go out of print during the pause. Or at least slow down the releases after Volume 5. With the VIZ BIGs, they'll have the advantage.

    You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Celadon City
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    They need Emerald as well.

    Remember? Archie? Guile Hideout?
    Right, I forgot about the armor…

    March (thus "last minute")? Keep in mind, If they start (monthly) in June or July, Emerald will finish before she spoils anything. Volume 38 is the one with the conversation.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Where there is snow.
    Posts
    1,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineon457 View Post
    Actually, I don't think she shows up until Volume 37 (DPPt Volume 8), which would be in June of 2013. Here's hoping for a last minute announcement of monthly releases of the Gen III arcs! The specific event happens in Volume 26 and is discussed in Volume 38, but Sird first appears in Volume 23, so September or October at the latest? June or July, to get all of FrLg out of the way? Bimonthly, they would have had to have started last December or (Surprise!) October.
    You stand correct. I remember making a graph predicting Pokemon Adventures releases ahead of time; unfortunately since October was suppose to be volume 15 ( had chapter 14 not contain the last chapter of the GSC saga ) , we would be on volume 17 right now, so basically, the delay has bumped the manga releases to TBA.
    Quote Originally Posted by LucarioWolf View Post
    Yeah , It is Volume 37 that Sird appears in the DP arc instead of Volume 36. I just thought that since that the Volume 36 would be the 7th volume of the Viz release of the series. But hey , I think that the reason why the page for Volume 37 (8th in the Viz Release) doesn't link to the DP arc is that they could be releasing the RS , FRLG , and Emerald arc next year as Viz BIG edition books. That would kinda make sense since that (1) to avoid confusion about Sird and (2) 2013 marks the 10th anniversary of the 3rd generation in North America. By my calculation of if they release bimonthly , We could have all of the missing volumes in 2013 if they do the Viz BIG edition books.
    This makes a whole lot of sense. Rather wait for 2-3 more years of manga releases, why not try that? We should email Viz about that idea. After all, has the My First Wide Ruby Sapphire manga volume 2 been released yet? Another factor; Firered and Leafgreen only span three volumes whereas Emerald spans 4.
    Last edited by A_Merry_Snowrunt; 12th February 2012 at 1:03 AM.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Steven Stone's Villa<3 ~
    Posts
    769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineon457 View Post
    Volume 38 is the one with the conversation.
    Yes, but volume 37 is the one where Saque first appears and where the silhouette of Emerald is seen, if memory serves. There's spoilers in both volumes.
    "But sometimes I have to ask myself this question. It's true that to us his imaginings are nothing but the inventions of a busy mind. But to him, there simply is no other reality. Furthermore he is happy there.

    So why, I ask myself, why in the name of healing him must we drag him painfully into the world of our own reality?"

    ~Doctor's memo, from Silent Hill 2

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1dbad View Post
    Yes, but volume 37 is the one where Saque first appears and where the silhouette of Emerald is seen, if memory serves. There's spoilers in both volumes.
    They could make Volume 6 a cliffhanger before releasing Volume 7 after the Gen 3 arcs are released.

    You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Celadon City
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1dbad View Post
    Yes, but volume 37 is the one where Saque first appears and where the silhouette of Emerald is seen, if memory serves. There's spoilers in both volumes.
    But Emerald' silhouette was also in Round 181.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Steven Stone's Villa<3 ~
    Posts
    769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    They could make Volume 6 a cliffhanger before releasing Volume 7 after the Gen 3 arcs are released.
    That could work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineon457 View Post
    But Emerald' silhouette was also in Round 181.
    True, but a first-time reader wouldn't know that. They'd just think it's something to reference the game, or Ruby or Sapphire or something. This silhouette shows all of the Dexholders, and people will wonder who Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald are, and people should recognize Red, Green, Blue and Yellow but they might wonder why they look older and are wearing different outfits. Gold, Silver and Crystal look a bit older as well, but not as much and are in the same outfits so there shouldn't be any problems with them.
    "But sometimes I have to ask myself this question. It's true that to us his imaginings are nothing but the inventions of a busy mind. But to him, there simply is no other reality. Furthermore he is happy there.

    So why, I ask myself, why in the name of healing him must we drag him painfully into the world of our own reality?"

    ~Doctor's memo, from Silent Hill 2

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    They could make Volume 6 a cliffhanger before releasing Volume 7 after the Gen 3 arcs are released.
    Viz shot themselves in the foot when they decided not to run the gen 3 arcs after volume 14. The BW mini volumes are going to take even longer due to recent events of their magazines. If they do the cliffhanger like you said hopefully they'll pull a Naruto and like release three-four gen 3 volumes a month (Because I want those volumes on my bookshelf as soon as possible). If they wait to long DPPt will become a little too old and unmarketable by Viz standards and there is a chance they might skip it like they are currently skipping gen 3, it wouldn't be the first time they dropped Pokemon Adventures. I still think they are waiting for a RS remake and they don't know how to edit the violent arc. RS is the most violent Pokemon chapter there is. In the recent Pokemon Adventure volume they won't even address drowning, you either "sink" or "faint underwater" not that I have a problem with those censors, heck I think those actually are good ways to avoid the word "drown".
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Celadon City
    Posts
    74

    Default

    What they should have done is not put it in VIZKids. For example, many manga that are adapted into anime that 4Kids or another dubbing studio markets to kids gets released unedited (Yu-Gi-Oh! is rated T; BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBo is T+).

  12. #112
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    248

    Default

    It's possible that none of this is VIZ's fault. TPCi might force them to keep Adventures marketable to kids and wait for the 3rd Gen remakes. TPCi owns all the the rights to Pokémon, so they probably want to make sure its fame is under control. This might also explain why Pokémon Adventures is censored a lot. And when Viz releases the 3rd Gen storyarcs together with the remakes, TPCi can get more money out of it. Heck do they care if fans get confused from jumping to future volumes.

    I might be wrong, but it is possible. TPCi actually controls the Finnish dub of Pokémon anime so that all the moves are kept in English. They also want that the script strictly follows the English translation, so that everything is translated literally. And believe me, if the translator doesn't do as they wish, he can lose his job.

    We could actually have it even worse if our translator hadn't asked for a compromise: originally TPCi wanted every item, ability and term to remain in English. It would have been very difficult for the voice actors, since Finnish and English pronunciation differ greatly from each other. And it would have sounded freaking stupid if every other word was in English. And Finnish kids don't even know English very well, because we will learn it first time when we are 10 or even 13. Not everyone who watch the anime play the games, which are in English here. Finland is the only Scandinavian country where only moves are in English and nothing else. Others have the more strict rules.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Celadon City
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReiZerou View Post
    It's possible that none of this is VIZ's fault. TPCi might force them to keep Adventures marketable to kids and wait for the 3rd Gen remakes. TPCi owns all the the rights to Pokémon, so they probably want to make sure its fame is under control. This might also explain why Pokémon Adventures is censored a lot. And when Viz releases the 3rd Gen storyarcs together with the remakes, TPCi can get more money out of it. Heck do they care if fans get confused from jumping to future volumes.

    I might be wrong, but it is possible. TPCi actually controls the Finnish dub of Pokémon anime so that all the moves are kept in English. They also want that the script strictly follows the English translation, so that everything is translated literally. And believe me, if the translator doesn't do as they wish, he can lose his job.

    We could actually have it even worse if our translator hadn't asked for a compromise: originally TPCi wanted every item, ability and term to remain in English. It would have been very difficult for the voice actors, since Finnish and English pronunciation differ greatly from each other. And it would have sounded freaking stupid if every other word was in English. And Finnish kids don't even know English very well, because we will learn it first time when we are 10 or even 13. Not everyone who watch the anime play the games, which are in English here. Finland is the only Scandinavian country where only moves are in English and nothing else. Others have the more strict rules.
    This has been established, actually. But, I don't think we're getting remakes (demakes would be cool, though). I think it's just the earthquake/tsunami/nuclear leak last year that's caused the delay.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,323

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    Awesome.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Celadon City
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1dbad View Post
    True, but a first-time reader wouldn't know that. They'd just think it's something to reference the game, or Ruby or Sapphire or something. This silhouette shows all of the Dexholders, and people will wonder who Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald are, and people should recognize Red, Green, Blue and Yellow but they might wonder why they look older and are wearing different outfits. Gold, Silver and Crystal look a bit older as well, but not as much and are in the same outfits so there shouldn't be any problems with them.
        Spoiler:- I'm actually referring to this:

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineon457 View Post
        Spoiler:- I'm actually referring to this:
    I don't think that picture really spoils anything or whatever. I think most people who don't know about Emerald would just think it's some random kid they put in (at least, that's what I thought before it was revealed that the kid in the picture was Emerald).

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,323

    Default

    That's because it was a random kid before it was retconned into being Emerald.

    Also, can we move this discussion to somewhere else? Thread's kinda getting clogged.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    628

    Default

    is vol 38 out in Singapore yet? What about vol 39?

    Visiting Serebii.net
    everyday since the
    ~ Year 2000 ~
    during the Summer

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jade View Post
    is vol 38 out in Singapore yet? What about vol 39?
    Check the official site.

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Are the chapters are set in Singaphore, and there are few mangs that are out of stock. And I thought for sure Volume 39 is out. Guess we'll wait until Volume 40 comes out, and I'll have a good look on the website.
    I am Red, Knights of the Pokemon Round Table. I have come afar to bring justice to all warriors and trainers with my valiant Pokemon and my weapon.

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Georgia, U.S.A
    Posts
    3,260

  23. #123
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Each has a color poster! I could buy these to someone just to get the posters. Well, not really, but I would really want the posters.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,624

    Default

    Color poster? Platinum fan wants a colored poster. Interesting that they have a box set for BW volumes but not one for DPPt. I know why they don't have one for DPPt because they aren't done with those ones yet, and it they fuse the Platinum chapters with the regular Diamond and Pearl ones (and they should due to length) their box won't be for awhile but I can't help but wonder why the BW one when it isn't finished either? Oh well I would love to see those posters. I see the mixed Yellow with RBG's chapters, smart move. Makes it look lengthier.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Nimbasa City,Unova
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Color poster? Platinum fan wants a colored poster. Interesting that they have a box set for BW volumes but not one for DPPt. I know why they don't have one for DPPt because they aren't done with those ones yet, and it they fuse the Platinum chapters with the regular Diamond and Pearl ones (and they should due to length) their box won't be for awhile but I can't help but wonder why the BW one when it isn't finished either? Oh well I would love to see those posters. I see the mixed Yellow with RBG's chapters, smart move. Makes it look lengthier.
    I agree with what you are saying


    Join This Forum Me and Jk Dans Made.

    Note: Jk Dans is a Professional Webmaster

    My art shop

    *my artshop is now doing xat avi's

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •