Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Manga release thread

wow this cover is awesome. Did you think Zorua will appear in driftveil city too?
    Anyways I really like this cover. Victini, Zorua, France sure have a good taste^^
    My dshini page:
    http://www.dshini.net/de/spage/851ea...1-a064185c8567
    Recently played Koihime Musou and it was kinda like..the best thing ever. So I really want the sequel. So if you are an adult and if like visual novels..if you can, please support the official translation group: http://forums.fuwanovel.org/index.ph...ment-and-news/

Spoiler:- img:

Amazon has revealed the full size cover of Pokemon Adventures volume 40, and revealed the cover of Pocket Monsters volume 2.

Oooh! Platinum fan is digging the 40's volumes cover while it's full size. Interesting that Platinum will be the first character not to be on the final cover of her story arc, if you don't count her elbow and her streak of hair. Still, I will be so excited when volume 40 gets translated XD I'm really curious on how the Sinnoh trio will end their stories.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Adventures D&PP Vol. 6 has a cover now. (Not that we should've expected anything new.)

The three Adventures boxsets don't have any covers up on Amazon still, though, as of this post.

Typing this post I just wondered why it's, for ex., the "Red and Blue" boxsets instead of "Red, Blue, and Yellow", but oh well.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Like Rex said, Pokemon Adventures: Diamond and Pearl/ Platinum Volume 6 now has it's cover art already been revealed. Here is that said cover art below. Had to put the URL since that it is being a jerk with me for putting it in as an image here since it just appears as a URL anyways.

Spoiler:- Volume 6 art cover NA:

Other than that, I'm actually shocked that they revealed this cover before the 8th mini-volume of BW's. That is since that BW vol 8 comes out in just little over 2 months while DPPt vol 6 comes out in about roughly 4 months. Though I guess that they would probably put the DPPt series on hold after this volume since that the 3rd Gen arcs would need to be released since that Sird (which is definitely be a spoiler to us North American audiences that don't check the spoilers) is going to appear in the next volume after this and doesn't get that spoilerific until the volume after that. But hey, I bet that Pokemon Adventures Advance (RS, FRLG, and Emerald arcs rolled into one) Volume 1 would be released next after the box sets since just cause of that.

there's no Battle Frontier?!

Or, you know, you could just take the image and post it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioWolf View Post
    Like Rex said, Pokemon Adventures: Diamond and Pearl/ Platinum Volume 6 now has it's cover art already been revealed. Here is that said cover art below. Had to put the URL since that it is being a jerk with me for putting it in as an image here since it just appears as a URL anyways.

Spoiler:- Volume 6 art cover NA:

Other than that, I'm actually shocked that they revealed this cover before the 8th mini-volume of BW's. That is since that BW vol 8 comes out in just little over 2 months while DPPt vol 6 comes out in about roughly 4 months. Though I guess that they would probably put the DPPt series on hold after this volume since that the 3rd Gen arcs would need to be released since that Sird (which is definitely be a spoiler to us North American audiences that don't check the spoilers) is going to appear in the next volume after this and doesn't get that spoilerific until the volume after that. But hey, I bet that Pokemon Adventures Advance (RS, FRLG, and Emerald arcs rolled into one) Volume 1 would be released next after the box sets since just cause of that.
    You shouldn't be that shocked. It's just the Pokespecial volume 35 cover revamped to fit the Vizkids logo XD so it kinda makes sense in some sense that the cover of this volume is releases early. They are probably still looking for a cover for BW volume 8. As far as DPPt being put on hold for generation 3 arcs...I'll believe it when I see it. I will say if they do put it on hold while releasing gen 3 books leaving their current books cliffhangered they run the risk of DPPt becoming to old to start up again, because gen 4 is pretty old now too and it will at least take 2 years to get all of gen 3's books out. Viz will really screw themselves even more then they already have.

It's not exactly new.

Volume 5 was revealed in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    they run the risk of DPPt becoming to old to start up again, because gen 4 is pretty old now too and it will at least take 2 years to get all of gen 3's books out. Viz will really screw themselves even more then they already have.
    Isn't DPPt (the games, that is) old news already? Besides, I don't buy that pessimistic BS. They releases DPPt just as HGSS was making way for BW. Sinnoh was "old news" even then. So what if future DPPt volumes are put on hold? They'll just release them later on. Those who like the arc will likely be patient and might even have the Gen 3 arc to tie them over. At least, that's how it'd be for me. I'd notice that the arc has been suspended in favor of the Gen 3 arc and I'd take a look to see if they'd be any good (which they are) and when DPPt volume 7 is released, I'd be like, "SWEET!" and buy a copy.

Yes, I'm being optimistic but I'm being realistically optimistic. I'm just looking at a few possibilities.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

36 Volume has terrorist incidents plot......

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Isn't DPPt (the games, that is) old news already? Besides, I don't buy that pessimistic BS. They releases DPPt just as HGSS was making way for BW. Sinnoh was "old news" even then. So what if future DPPt volumes are put on hold? They'll just release them later on. Those who like the arc will likely be patient and might even have the Gen 3 arc to tie them over. At least, that's how it'd be for me. I'd notice that the arc has been suspended in favor of the Gen 3 arc and I'd take a look to see if they'd be any good (which they are) and when DPPt volume 7 is released, I'd be like, "SWEET!" and buy a copy.

Yes, I'm being optimistic but I'm being realistically optimistic. I'm just looking at a few possibilities.
    You're not being optimistic, you're being idealistic. Just because you and I would be willing to wait for the rest of DP doesn't mean that the consumers in the actual age range Viz is aiming for - you know, the ones they're marketing to - will.

Sird is very likely just going to be retconned out of having ever been a Team Rocket member and nobody will be any the wiser.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Kids who don't know the spoilers of Adventures like we do on this forum will likely lose interest in DPPt if it's put on hold for that long. Gen 3 needs to go through RS, FRLG, and Emerald, that is going to take a long time and kids who read DPPt who are not familiar with the spoilers could very well lose interest in that arc and no longer follow when it picks back up, because it's not like a months wait, this will at least take 2 years and that is to long for a Pokemon manga that isn't that big. Not to mention kids not familiar with spoilers who actually like this storyline could be upset by the hiatus and complain like we did for RS being skipped. No matter how you look at this, Viz is in a tough situation. And not all kids are as dedicated to this manga like we are in this forum. Then after the hiatus Viz will have to remind the readers of DPPt and dust of their old volumes 1-6 copies and sell them so new readers who started with RS are confused as heck when they see DPPt volume 7 come out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    You're not being optimistic, you're being idealistic. Just because you and I would be willing to wait for the rest of DP doesn't mean that the consumers in the actual age range Viz is aiming for - you know, the ones they're marketing to - will.

Sird is very likely just going to be retconned out of having ever been a Team Rocket member and nobody will be any the wiser.
    Oh. It's you. Hooray...

And just because some wouldn't be willing to wait doesn't mean all wouldn't be able to be patient. Let's face it: You can't please everyone. There are going to be some moans and groans from here and there but you do what you feel is best.

Honestly, if said spoilers occur, then let them and have the Gen 3 arcs be released as a midquel to show the whole story Sird told. Readers would want to know why our heroes from the past arcs were petrified and if they were freed. Like the Star Wars Prequel only completely uncrappy. Let's just forget about the spoilers and how the Gen 3 arcs get released. How about when Dragon Ball Z was brought to the US first before Dragon Ball, no doubt confusing the crap out of viewers on who these characters (Goku, Piccolo and the others from Dragon Ball) were and why they should care? Hell, Viz released Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z Manga volumes because of this.

Seriously, is your motto: "Quit while your ahead"?
    Last edited by matt0044; 26th May 2012 at 6:19 PM.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Seriously, is your motto: "Quit while your ahead"?
    No, it's "don't fool yourself into believing something that makes no sense."

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Or, you know, you could just take the image and post it somewhere.
    It's pretty neat cover.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    No, it's "don't fool yourself into believing something that makes no sense."
    So you honestly believe for a cold hard fact that Sird is going to be retconned, an action that'd have MANY BIGGER consequences that Viz would be likely aware of, and there's absolutely nothing in the whole damn world that the staff at Viz can do about it other than try and go on with the spoilers and later (or shortly) release the Gen 3 arcs (maybe if there's a possible RSE remake then) or suspend Vol. 8 and release the RS arc and then FRLG and E arcs if TPCi were to possibly allow them like how they got many One Piece volumes at a time to release. I mean, the former isn't too bad in my opinion but the latter isn't too far off either.

And I'm not deluding myself into thinking that this'll actually happen because I don't know but I'd say the same for you since I highly doubt that you would know either.
    Last edited by matt0044; 31st May 2012 at 12:18 AM.

Viz has no choice, but to suspend it. A lot of new readers will be shocked and confused at the part where Saque appears and the silhouettes of the dexholders. They'll notice the great amount of plotholes and they'll realized that Viz skipped an whole arc... well after they've checked the internet they'll notice that Viz skipped 3 arcs. I am sure they'll be very disappointed. Good job Viz, you made a very big mess with the Pokespecial manga by confusing the new readers, by being too lazy to translate one of the greatest arcs this manga has... I shouldn't do this at 3:00 am >.> when do I learn?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingflower View Post
    Viz has no choice, but to suspend it. A lot of new readers will be shocked and confused at the part where Saque appears and the silhouettes of the dexholders. They'll notice the great amount of plotholes and they'll realized that Viz skipped an whole arc... well after they've checked the internet they'll notice that Viz skipped 3 arcs. I am sure they'll be very disappointed. Good job Viz, you made a very big mess with the Pokespecial manga by confusing the new readers, by being too lazy to translate one of the greatest arcs this manga has... I shouldn't do this at 3:00 am >.> when do I learn?
    Well, from what I saw from their few messages, it's not laziness so much as TPCi likely holding them back be it because of possible (not confirmed though) RSE remakes or something else entirely. I mean, why would they release DPPt after HGSS was making way for BW in the US? They clearly want to sell more volumes which included the Gen 3 arcs but were held back so they settled on the DPPt arc, not knowing the whole story sadly. Honestly, the spoilers might get readers demanding to see what happened with our heroes and Sird and the Gen 3 arcs might get released later as midquel that takes place after Johto but before Sinnoh. I mean, most of the readers are Pokemon fans so remakes or none, they'll read it if the Manga is titled "Pokemon."

This is again a theory that I based on facts but is still nonetheless purely speculation until proven true or false.

Oh, come on, guys.

At least use the VIZ Media thread....

So you honestly believe for a cold hard fact that Sird is going to be retconned, an action that'd have MANY BIGGER consequences that Viz would be likely aware of, and there's absolutely nothing in the whole damn world that the staff at Viz can do about it other than try and go on with the spoilers and later (or shortly) release the Gen 3 arcs (maybe if there's a possible RSE remake then) or suspend Vol. 7 and release the RS arc and then FRLG and E arcs if TPCi were to possibly allow them like how they got many One Piece volumes at a time to release. I mean, the former isn't too bad in my opinion but the latter isn't too far off either.

And I'm not deluding myself into thinking that this'll actually happen because I don't know but I'd say the same for you since I highly doubt that you would know either.
    Sird appears in Volume 37 (D/P/Pt Volume 8), not 36 (D/P/Pt 7).

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineon457 View Post
    Sird appears in Volume 37 (D/P/Pt Volume 8), not 36 (D/P/Pt 7).
    Thank you for the correction.

So you honestly believe for a cold hard fact that Sird is going to be retconned,
    Yeah, I do.

an action that'd have MANY BIGGER consequences that Viz would be likely aware of, and there's absolutely nothing in the whole damn world that the staff at Viz can do about it other than try and go on with the spoilers and later (or shortly) release the Gen 3 arcs (maybe if there's a possible RSE remake then) or suspend Vol. 8 and release the RS arc and then FRLG and E arcs if TPCi were to possibly allow them like how they got many One Piece volumes at a time to release. I mean, the former isn't too bad in my opinion but the latter isn't too far off either.
    Putting DPt on hiatus is a completely stupid action for them to take. There is no way it is good business to temporarily discontinue one product for what would likely be a span of at least a year and a half so another product elsewhere in the continuity can be released.

Messing with the continuity will cause readers to give up and leave when they can't follow the story anymore. That's one fact I do know.

If I'm making assumptions, by all measures you are too. We're using opposing logic in the exact same ways to arrive at differing conclusions.

EDIT: So this post is more on topic, I'd like to ask - I've fallen very behind on the manga releases this year. What are the latest US releases?
    Last edited by The Great Butler; 1st June 2012 at 8:59 AM.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Hello, BW 8 cover is on Amazon. I have no idea since when because I just happened to check it out. No news about vol. 9.

Spoiler:- Pokémon Black & White vol. 8:

They have taken their scissors and glue out again. That chapter won't even be in the volume. And we also have White going to jump off Ferris Wheel. Sweet. But I understand, because those chapters in vol. 8 don't have any of those cool chapter covers.

Quote Originally Posted by ReiZerou View Post
    Hello, BW 8 cover is on Amazon. I have no idea since when because I just happened to check it out. No news about vol. 9.

Spoiler:- Pokémon Black & White vol. 8:

They have taken their scissors and glue out again. That chapter won't even be in the volume. And we also have White going to jump off Ferris Wheel. Sweet. But I understand, because those chapters in vol. 8 don't have any of those cool chapter covers.
    It's pretty neat. It reminds me of this cover, but it's a bit different:
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4...s5mko1_500.jpg

Good news I e-mailed Chuang Yi about what was going on with there website updating and about volume 39 and got a response.

Thank you for enquiry.

You’ll be glad to know that volume 39 is coming soon by end of June 2012.

Cheers,
    CY Team

Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast