Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: BW052 - Nimbasa Gym!

I honestly dont care who Ash uses, as long as its not Pikachu. Pikachu gets to go to all the regions, so i feel he should get the least amount of Gym Battles. That and well... I hate him lol
    FC Code: 3482-2712-9159

Spoiler:- Truth is...:

Quote Originally Posted by Venomfang View Post
    We don't need to make Ash look like a ******* because he already is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Uh-oh... No. He didn't promise anything.

Ash said "Oshawott, another time" in the Japanese version of the Burgh episode. Just like his "You're up next time" in the English dub, it was just meant to be a casual line to comfort Oshawott. It could mean "in the next Gym battle", but it could also very well mean "in my next battle" or even simply "every once in a while, just not now".

Not shooting down the possibility that he might use Oshawott after all, but just keep in mind that Ash didn't hint at anything. Right now, all bets are off ^^

Personally though, I'd like to see Oshawott (as well as Tepig, for obvious reasons) sit this one out so it can get one or two significant victories in the 5th Gym instead.
    Yeah I think Oshawott will participate in the 5th gym as well... but I wouldn't be surprised if Ash used Oshawott in the 4th gym since it mastered Aqua Jet and everything but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketTwurpSLR View Post
    i would be realy suprised if ash used meowth in this battle!

there is already a female versoin of cilan thats Dawn
    Despite the fact that they're nothing alike....

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Am I the only one who would like to see Elesa with a Joltik or Galvantula istead of one of the Emonga's??
    I'd like a Stunfisk, actually.

What do you guys have against Oshawott?

Quote Originally Posted by Newsy View Post
    I would be very angry, if Elesa's emolga will use Attract - this move annoying me in Best Wishes.
    I would also be upset if Elesa's Emolga used Attract. That move has been used too often in this saga, and it would make the battle way too predictable. I also hope that her Pokemon don't abuse Volt Switch. It's supposed to be Elesa's favorite move, but it would be annoying if her Emolga and Zebstrika kept switching out in every other round.

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    Ash used Oshawott against Pansage and Sewaddle/Swadloon against Whirlipede and look how it turned out.
    Yeah but since the little otter has already had alot of appearances including battles, give someone esle this gym. It can have the next one.

My ideal battle ever!

Sure it's annoying as hell, but it's a decent strategy. When you think you have one of the Emolgas down, it uses Volt Switch to go back into it's ball, thus gaining some resting time, before going back to battle.

If that happens, we might see some strategy from Ash, which we haven't seen...ever.

But it would also be dumb if Oshawott actually loses because then Iris would start her mouth and we'll look like idiots for saying he was a retard for sending Oshawott out in the first place. No need to make Ash look more like a *******.

My ideal battle ever!

I don't want Oshawott to be used here. It has had enough screentime and battles already, and it has a huge disadvantage, so there's no point. He should use his don battle team.

Don't know if you are talking to me or not, but I see no reason for why Oshawott should be used. It doesn't have a type advantage over any of Elesa's Pokemon, and considering Ash has much better options to pick from, why use Oshawott?

I could see Oshawott being used if Ash only had 6 Pokemon, but since he has Roggenrola, Palpitoad, Tepig, Swadloon, Snivy, Scraggy and Pikachu, it doesn't make sense at all.

But for all we know, he could use Scraggy, Tranquill and Oshawott for all we know. But perhaps they have something in store for Oshawott. It did have episode 31, and its episode VS Blitzle, where it trained using his shell to block Electric moves, which might be forshadowing.

Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    But it would also be dumb if Oshawott actually loses because then Iris would start her mouth and we'll look like idiots for saying he was a retard for sending Oshawott out in the first place. No need to make Ash look more like a *******.
    But Iris will start to run her mouth no matter which of Ash's Pokemon ends up losing against Elesa. We all know what she's like: She likes to bad-mouth Ash for making little mistakes, yet she takes no responsibility for her own errors.

And I think it's funny that now we're all suddenly so concerned about type advantages/disadvantages. I mean, really? We all know that this stuff almost never matters.

~*~*~*~ Post of the year ~*~*~*~
    Last edited by Lorde; 28th August 2011 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketTwurpSLR View Post
    i would be realy suprised if ash used meowth in this battle!
    lol I would be suprised too ...so would meowth

Could it just be a two on two battle?
    WHITE2: 0906 0589 1140
    X: 0216 0799 9223

Yeah. Why make Ash any dumber. Ash needs to use his experience. The writers better not use Oshawott in this battle. It can be in Clay's gym, but not here.

Okey, so people prefer that Ash is a ******* instead of his potencially becoming tad bit smarter? Never thought I would be optimistic here, but it would be nice to see some devolpment. I love seeing trainers use a strategy, instead of just getting their Pokemon out there to beat crap up, with no thought process behind, which is why I like a character like Paul.

Gym Leaders should have some strategy when using Pokemon, instead of just using Pokemon that is just meant to beat things up with no thought process. If it is one thing Pokemon needs, it is variety, and sure Best Wishes got variety, but you can never get too much variety?

I hope we see Roggenrola, Palpitoad and Snivy here. There aren't any better options imo. None of them was actually in any gym (especially Snivy which is a starter!) and this is just the perfect gym for all of them.
    RandomOne

Quote Originally Posted by RandomOne View Post
    I hope we see Roggenrola, Palpitoad and Snivy here. There aren't any better options imo.
    Yeah I want Roggenrola to be used as well, but at the same time, Pikachu is in desperate need of a win.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Am I the only one who would like to see Elesa with a Joltik or Galvantula istead of one of the Emonga's??
    No buddy I prefer a Galvantula traded for 1 of the emolga because I don't want to see 2 of them. The games are bad enough.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    No buddy I prefer a Galvantula traded for 1 of the emolga because I don't want to see 2 of them. The games are bad enough.
    Ya I know they can be pretty annoying in game but stick with the stratagy I told you about and you'll beat her no problem lol. I would love to see Tranquil vs Galvantula cuz that would be awesome redemption(plus it would be the best of both worlds since she missed her chance in the bug gym lol).
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ViperQueen View Post
    Could it just be a two on two battle?
    Although I don't think it will be (and I wouldn't be very happy if it is) a 2 on 2 battle, I wouldn't be surprised if it is. Even though it was a long time ago, Ash's battle against Jasmine became a two on two, even though she had three Pokemon in game (two Magnemite). And it's not like there weren't other options that could've been used, since Skarmory, Scizor, Forretress, or even Magneton could have replaced one of her Magnemite.

On a different note, while I'd prefer that Roggenrola or even Snivy takes down an Emolga, I could very well see Ash using Tranquill instead for an aerial battle, since that seems like his style. Heaven knows she could use the screentime, too. So at this point, I actually think I'd like to see Snivy, Tranquill, and Palpitoad (or Roggenrola if they don't replace the second Emolga). I picked Palpitoad over Roggenrola here because the latter will have a type advantage in the 6th and 7th gyms, whereas Palpitoad only has an advantage here and against Clay.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterpokes View Post
    I love seeing trainers use a strategy, instead of just getting their Pokemon out there to beat crap up, with no thought process behind, which is why I like a character like Paul.
    Even though his strategy pretty much just amounts to "use the cheapest, strongest Pokemon possible". Power players suck. Really, it was satisfying to see Paul's dissapointment and indignation when Ash lost to Tobias: someone actually out-cheapened him! XD

Quote Originally Posted by RandomOne View Post
    I hope we see Roggenrola, Palpitoad and Snivy here. There aren't any better options imo. None of them was actually in any gym (especially Snivy which is a starter!) and this is just the perfect gym for all of them.
    3 Pokemon making their gym battle debut..... this would be a nice thing to see. Let's see if the writers can catch on. Even just seeing Snivy & Palpitoad in the gym is a nice enough treat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheren9000 View Post
    Yeah I want Roggenrola to be used as well, but at the same time, Pikachu is in desperate need of a win.
    In desperate need of a win? Your kidding, right? Even if you only include its battles in Unova, it has had a total of 7 battles: Straiton Gym, Castellia Gym, VS Trip(2), VS Bianca, VS Krokorok, and VS Iris in the Don Battle. It defeated one of Trip's Pokemon in their second battle, starred against Burgh & Bianca, and lost against Cress, Iris, & Trip(1st Battle). That is 3 wins & 3 losses. Then the tie against Krokorok.... even though sending Krokorok blasting off seems like a win but Pikachu is in no desperate need for a win at this moment.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    3 Pokemon making their gym battle debut..... this would be a nice thing to see. Let's see if the writers can catch on. Even just seeing Snivy & Palpitoad in the gym is a nice enough treat.

In desperate need of a win? Your kidding, right? Even if you only include its battles in Unova, it has had a total of 7 battles: Straiton Gym, Castellia Gym, VS Trip(2), VS Bianca, VS Krokorok, and VS Iris in the Don Battle. It defeated one of Trip's Pokemon in their second battle, starred against Burgh & Bianca, and lost against Cress, Iris, & Trip(1st Battle). That is 3 wins & 3 losses. Then the tie against Krokorok.... even though sending Krokorok blasting off seems like a win but Pikachu is in no desperate need for a win at this moment.
    It also lost to Trip again, against his Servine, but I guess that's no big difference. Pikachu's next major battle can be a win, but Roggenrola needs a major battle. Roggenrola should be used in Elesa's gym.

23. Default

The only participation of Pikachu I wish to see in Raimon gym is a loss, enough stealing the spotlight!

May Pikachu take the fall in Raimon city, so he can star in Gym 6.(flying gym)

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    May Pikachu take the fall in Raimon city, so he can star in Gym 6.(flying gym)
    He doesn't need to star there either. He got the Bug Gym, that's enough I think.

25. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    He doesn't need to star there either. He got the Bug Gym, that's enough I think.
    I really would like for Pikachu to sit out and be a Pochama-esque cheerleader, when Ash battles Kamitsure at Raimon Gym, and for him to sit out the rest of the gyms, but you just know they will stuff him down our throats and eyes in gyms 6 flying,possibly 7 (Ice) and definitely 8(Iris/DRagon?).

I'm really hoping only one Emonga is featured, give Kamitsure a joltik or something.

Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast