Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Create the Worst Rival Ever

Default Create the Worst Rival Ever

I'm actually curious on what you think and I enjoy reading these threads.

There is one rule however: Do not use pre-existing characters
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

"Resistance. Rebellion. You will burn these ideas away."

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

The brains of Kotetsu, the Pokémon raising tactics of Paul, the costume design of Alan, the looks of Morrison, the Pokémon of Shota, the dual dream crusher of both of the protagonists (like Nando who wanted to participate in Pokémon Gyms and Contests), the rival relationship of Trip, and the personality and appearances of Gary in OS (basically battling and appearing 2-3 times in the entire saga). Ain't I a stinker?

Ok U.N. Owen, wanting me to be creative. I create a character who self inserts himself into Ash too much and tries to emulate him with the snark of a troll and the power of a hacker. EFF YOUR RULE!
    Last edited by satopi; 25th August 2017 at 6:10 AM.
    ~Certified Alan Apologist~
    Pikachu deserves the main character treatment he rightfully earned!

(Credit goes to Satomine Night)
    Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    Mallow-Lillie friendship duo; a bond so close, even the butler ships it!
    -Lady Lana: Full time big sister, part time kickasser
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -SM Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

I know you said not to use actual characters but Burgendy is literally the best example of an AWFUL rival.

So basically my idea of a bad rival is an annoying character who's a sore loser, has an annoying voice actor, does absolutely nothing to contribute to the storyline or their rivals growth, beaten easily and finally just there for gags on the show and nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Do not use pre-existing characters
    Thank you. I can just imagine the insufferable bashing in this thread had you not said that!

Anyways, here's something I churned up:
    A tsundere rival who has the hots for Ash and hence is always on his tail insulting him and beating him up. She enjoys doing so because it turns her on. They hardly ever battle, and whenever they do, it's always interrupted by passionate trash-talking and collar-tugging between them. She becomes his main opponent by the time the league arrives, and he beats her. She then goes on to sabotage his chances at the league and succeeds. Pissed, Ash chases her down the stairs, yelling "why did you do that for?!". She turns around, tears in her eyes and blushing, yelling back: "I-It's because...I...I love you, Ash! I-I don't know why...but you make me want to hurt you whenever I see you...I'm sorry, okay?!" She lowers her head down and sobs. Suddenly, she feels a hand on her shoulder. Shocked, she looks up, only to see Ash's face mere inches away from hers. He then pulls her into a hug, patting her back gently. "Shhh..." he mutters comfortingly, "It's okay now, alright? Besides, now that I think about it...I think I may have felt the same way about you all this time..." The series then ends with the both of them in each other's arms, with the obligatory sunset in the background.

*vomits*
    Last edited by Halolady; 25th August 2017 at 7:44 AM.

A female rival who constantly calls Ash a total noob and the latter never beats her in a Pokémon battle not even once. She also appears in every region that Ash is and she is always the trainer who beats him in every Pokémon League.

Cameron (oh wait they already did that).
    Peakachu Progression: Surge2 (Kanto) -> Drake (OI) -> Clair2 (Johto) -> Tyson (Hoenn) -> Brandon3 (BF) -> Tobias (Sinnoh) -> Alain3 (Kalos)

(Ash-)Greninja > Peakachu ~ Charizard > Sceptile ~ (Blaze) Infernape > Snorlax > Krookodile > Bulbasaur > Heracross > Swellow (this is Ash's TOP 10 though after this point it admittedly gets way too subjective to do a straight up ranking).

"My ideals will shatter the truth of this world!"

Quote Originally Posted by Genaller View Post
    Cameron (oh wait they already did that).
    U.N Owen said no pre existing characters should be put here
    Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    Serena gave Ash a kiss, Lillie gave him a child.
    Currently hyped up fo 20th Movie . BRING IT ON!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DankOverlord View Post
    U.N Owen said no pre existing characters should be put here
    Okay then it's this guy called Medontacare who has the exact same characteristics, appearance and Pokémon as Cameron (maybe he's a doppelganger but he's not Cameron since his name is "Medontacare").
    Peakachu Progression: Surge2 (Kanto) -> Drake (OI) -> Clair2 (Johto) -> Tyson (Hoenn) -> Brandon3 (BF) -> Tobias (Sinnoh) -> Alain3 (Kalos)

(Ash-)Greninja > Peakachu ~ Charizard > Sceptile ~ (Blaze) Infernape > Snorlax > Krookodile > Bulbasaur > Heracross > Swellow (this is Ash's TOP 10 though after this point it admittedly gets way too subjective to do a straight up ranking).

"My ideals will shatter the truth of this world!"

Is this rival part of the BW mirror verse that still trounced post DP Ash or something

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545

Eh no need to create some imaginary characters, just bring in cameron as he was in the anime as it is and make him main rival. You will get the worst rival.
    Favourite Characters- Ash, Serena, Lillie, Dawn, Gladion, Cilan, Brock, Cynthia, Kiawe, Lana, Lance, Alain, Steven Stone

Favourite Pokemon- Charizard, Venasaur, Blastoise, Gengar, Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Sceptile, Greninja, Garachomp, Infernape, Gliscor, Salamence, Arceus

Watching pokemon for 17 years, grown up while watching this show. Also liked the different characters form different sagas. I hate genwunners.

uh, hmmmm...I already know the real worst rival...so take Paul and combine with Hunter J. And give them Jessie's fashion sense just to be safe.
    Hey, the new subs I found do use Snowball. I win.

I enjoy writing.

Some people want to blend into the crowd.
    Some people want to stand out from the crowd.
    I want to be the crowd.

Taken from Serebii Episode pictures EP 928

Jeez...people just don't seem to be blossoming with creativity today, huh.

I think a Max like character as a potential rival would be very irritating. Basically, he doesn't even hate Ash's guts like Paul and Trip did, but this so called rival is just a smart a** who's only intention is to brag how much knowledge he has. He doesn't even need to be an amazing trainer, and Ash actually beats this character most of the time, yet this character goes on and on about how Ash lucked out, or how he needs to improve certain technique, despite said rival getting his a** kicked more often than not. So yeah, a smart alec kind of rival would definitely get on my nerves even more than a rival simply hating Ash.

To spice things up, what do you guys think about this idea:

A fully-grown, mysterious man shows up out of the blue and challenges Ash to a battle. Ash loses (as usual), and the man thereby announces himself as his new rival there on out (like, literally). They continue being rivals until the league, and after their final showdown (of which Ash wins), the man reveals himself as Ash's father, and was only following him around as his "rival" to see how he's progressing along and occasionally test his skills here and there. The series ends in him saying: "Ash...you've come a long way." (Or something like that).

His father... that is all.

Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -SM Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

Quote Originally Posted by Halolady View Post
    Jeez...people just don't seem to be blossoming with creativity today, huh.
    BW hate boners block creativity
    Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    Serena gave Ash a kiss, Lillie gave him a child.
    Currently hyped up fo 20th Movie . BRING IT ON!!!!

Serious suggestion though:

We have a rival that is utterly amazing in battles, we'll call them D for the sake of me being unable to name. D is about 15 years old and seem to always be one step ahead of Ash. D has a Clefairy that also seems to dislike its Pokeball, mirroring Ash's Pikachu, but rather than not being comfortable in the ball, it has no problem with being inside, it just prefers being out in the open with D and D happily allows Clefairy too. D defeats Ash pretty easily at first, bids him farewell and walks away, with Ash looking on in awe. D is unaware that Ash now considers D as his (Ash) rival and vows to rebattle D.

Ash spends the saga trying to be noticed by his senpai.

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545

*Insert Cameron/Paul/Trip joke here

Someone with a bland personality and a jobber to someone in the main cast.
    ~Sailor Saturn~

Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post

We have a rival that is utterly amazing in battles, we'll call them D for the sake of me being unable to name. D is about 15 years old and seem to always be one step ahead of Ash. D has a Clefairy that also seems to dislike its Pokeball, mirroring Ash's Pikachu, but rather than not being comfortable in the ball, it has no problem with being inside, it just prefers being out in the open with D and D happily allows Clefairy too. D defeats Ash pretty easily at first, bids him farewell and walks away, with Ash looking on in awe. D is unaware that Ash now considers D as his (Ash) rival and vows to rebattle D.

This reminds me of Trip. I hope D stands for Descendant of Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post

*image of Yandere Ash enters mind*

Thanks a lot for that, Frozocrone. Now I have to bleach my mind and drench myself in martinis for imagining that horror.

A rival Ash never beats.... oh wait.
    A friendly rival... oh wait.

Most of the 'worst' I can think of had been done. Unless they gave him a female rival who has the 'Female can do stuff better than boys' mentality crap
    Fanfic Corner
    Best Wishes Rewrite - Ferris Wheel shipping story, Team Rocket vs Team Plasma action (Disclaimer: No Iris)
    Sun/Moon Rewrite - A standalone story with a new lead. (Coming soon)

A rival who is arrogant, but never delivers. Kind of like Barry, except much more egocentric.

A rival who use Ultra Beast with no explanation and beated Ash in the League as well the rival is a Gary Stu with no weakness and all the people admire him.

A combination of Gary, Trip, Paul and Sawyer.

Worst rival ever. Not because the individual rivals are bad, but because mixing all those characteristics and personalities into a single character would result in a shitty mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    I feel like this fandom idolizes Ash way too much. It was bad before, but with XY and S&M it feels like it has reached a whole new level. It's like every person that doesnt outright dislike him is obviously obsessed with with him, and every person who does him wrong is evil incarnate.

Living through other people is unhealthy; living through fictional 10-year olds that are stuck in a timeloop is super unhealthy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast