View Poll Results: Who is your favorite companion??

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brock

6 9.68%
  • Misty

5 8.06%
  • Tracy

1 1.61%
  • May

8 12.90%
  • Dawn

19 30.65%
  • Iris

5 8.06%
  • Cilan

3 4.84%
  • Clemont

1 1.61%
  • Serena

13 20.97%
  • Max/Bonnie

1 1.61%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Companion Thread

Default Favorite Companion Thread

Hi guys, so we all saw the strongest companion thread and obviously there were a lot of opinions going on there so I thought it would be interesting to see who your guys's overall favorite companion is.

And remember guys, this is about favorite, this isn't about who you don't like or you bashing anybody else's choice so please keep it civil.

Also all forum rules apply so please don't get this thread locked with petty insults toward each other.

Enjoy .
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Iris.

I like all the characters, but Iris is simply my favorite.

EDIT: Dawn comes a close second though
    Last edited by Janovy; 29th July 2015 at 8:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    No, it's just how things work in this forum. We complain before even watching it.

> > > > Amourshipping will never be canon.

I think it's Dawn. To me, she had the best chemistry with Ash out of all the characters in the series

I gotta vote Serena, but May is very close.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

RIP Satoru Iwata: you shall be forever missed.

DEM's true meaning: Deus Ex Machina | Fanbase's new meaning: Don't Enjoy Much

Kanto: Brock and Misty.
    Orange Islands: Brock, Tracy and Misty.
    Johto: Brock and Misty.
    Hoenn: May, Max and Brock.
    Sinnoh: Dawn and Brock.
    Unova: Cilan.
    Kalos: Clemont and Bonnie.
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Awaiting the next Kalos games and pokemon movie.

Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

Feel free to check out my hilarious signature!

Currently avoiding the giant chicken so I won't destroy half the city when fighting the chicken!

Oh no, oh no, oh no! Oh Yeah! Okay, can everyone please stop saying oh no in the court room cause the Kool Aid man keeps coming in!

Oh that dog of mine!

Oh haven't you heard? Bird is the word!

Hands down it's Dawn/Hikari. No other character has gotten the development and spotlight like her. There is a reason why she's the most popular character in Japan. She's very relatable and has this strong relationship with Ash that none of the other girls have had. Both Ash and Dawn were always by each others side. In fact, Dawn/Hikari's theme is named "By your side" which just speaks for itself.

I like them all except for Bonnie, Max, and Tracy. My favorite male companions are a tossup between Clemont and Cilan and my favorite female companion is May (with Iris and Serena coming in second).
    Last edited by Dragalge; 29th July 2015 at 11:09 AM.

AC: NL Dream Address: 5900 5616 6099

Here's my top 5:

1) Serena
    2) Clemont
    3) Bonnie
    4) Dawn
    5) Brock (Kanto, back when he had a tiny amount of control over his...urges)

I've watched a lot of Pokemon, but I think Brock and Misty will always be my favourites. I'm not into shipping Ash with anyone, so I just like them because they're funny, mostly. I miss the comedy in the original series. There was funny stuff after it, sure, but Brock and Misty falling down when Ash did something stupid was the best.
    And it's not like they were always funny, they could be totally serious at times too, and that also made them my faves. Plus I grew up with them, of course.
    Last edited by Luster Purge; 29th July 2015 at 12:22 PM. Reason: forgot to close tags lmao

For me, Dawn just barely eeks out May in terms of her being my favorite companion. I really liked her growth and her chemistry with Ash. I also liked the fact that she was a costar in her series, rather than just a secondary character.
    Team Rocket will pay for their crimes.

Dawn, Serena, Misty, and Brock. They are all pretty entertaining to me. Shouldn't this belong in the favorite characters thread?
    Last edited by Dawn+Serena Fan; 29th July 2015 at 12:48 PM.

~Credit goes to Cresselia92~

My favorite is Dawn because of the development and spotlight she got during DP

My favorite is definitly Dawn, she is the closest person we have got to a second protagonist we have gotten in the anime, her bond with ash was also very enjoyable to watch

My favorite is Dawn i just loved every thing about her to her pokemon to her relationship with ash there was nothing that i found bad about her

It's difficult to choose between Dawn and May.
    Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I can't vote for just one. I liked Misty and Iris the most frankly, and Dawn was cool too. Serena's also in my Top 5 with Tracey.

Oh my, someone voted Tracey? How can this be? I thought the general concensus was that he was a complete failure as a character! There's no way he beats out Misty, or May.. OR DAWN! This is just unbelievable..

Oh wait, it was me. My bad, I actually really like Tracey.
    OR Playthrough - Currently In Training

I don't really have the time or patience to focus on nature's and IV'S, I just play with what I'm handed..

I'll throw in a vote for Misty. Dawn will get the most votes obviously. May, my favorite, will plenty too. And the Amourshippers will vote for Serena.
    "It eluded us then, but that’s no matter—tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther...And then one fine morning -
    So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Voted for Serena cuz I like her design and her showcase goal. I don't care about her shipping role. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Iris.

I like all the characters, but Iris is simply my favorite.

EDIT: Dawn comes a close second though
    It's the opposite for me. Dawn in first, Iris a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu979 View Post
    My favorite is Dawn i just loved every thing about her to her pokemon to her relationship with ash there was nothing that i found bad about her
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
    Does Dawn own Misty? Yes she does!

Cilan, Brock and Tracey. I tend to prefer the older and more mature characters I guess.

I can even tell what you're thinking right now

Dawn was good. I kind of wish they pushed the romantic angle between her and Ash during second half of DP, rather than making it platonic and turning her to be like Ash. Nice that she was a co-star and she had presence.

May was the most balanced character though imo.
    "It eluded us then, but that’s no matter—tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther...And then one fine morning -
    So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Dawn was good. I kind of wish they pushed the romantic angle between her and Ash during second half of DP, rather than making it platonic and turning her to be like Ash. Nice that she was a co-star and she had presence.

May was the most balanced character though imo.
    I find it odd you followed up 'Dawn was good,' with that statement because that is the absolute worst thing that could have happened to her. Talk about a character killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
    Does Dawn own Misty? Yes she does!

Quote Originally Posted by chalkus View Post
    I find it odd you followed up 'Dawn was good,' with that statement because that is the absolute worst thing that could have happened to her. Talk about a character killer.
    Except that was an issue. There were a lot of complaints how she became a "female Ash" and was a "static character" after DP has ended. I just think it would have been nice, and could have affected both characters uniquely (especially since both were on equal footing in DP). Would have worked out better than it is now with Serena.

My favourite was Cilan. Mainly because he had such a caring relationship with Ash and he was the one character in BW who encouraged him and wasn't belitting. Iris was good too but I didn't like the way she kept calling him a little kid. But at the end of the day she was still very good to Ash - Plus her Axew was cute. I liked Dawn as well but not as much. Serena Clemont and Bonnie are my least favourite.
    Last edited by Pikachu52; 31st July 2015 at 3:30 PM.
    This is a story about Ash Ketchum and his loving partner Pikachu. These two share a bond far beyond that of ordinary pokemon and trainer. Together they pursue Ash's dream to be pokemon master and make friends with many different people and pokemon along the way. He and Pikachu train everyday to make this happen to fulfill their dream. But the path to victory is lined with danger. There are many challenges ahead for this couple. Ones that will make them see the world in a new light.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast