View Poll Results: Who are you most relatable to?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ash Ketchum (OS, BW)

2 4.65%
  • Ash Ketchum (AG)

2 4.65%
  • Ash Ketchum (DP)

4 9.30%
  • Ash Ketchum (XY)

2 4.65%
  • Brock

2 4.65%
  • Cilan

3 6.98%
  • Clemont

9 20.93%
  • Gary

3 6.98%
  • Paul

10 23.26%
  • Others (other male rivals, professors, James, Giovanni, etc. please specify)

6 13.95%

Thread: Which male on the show are you most relatable to?

Default Which male on the show are you most relatable to?

Looking at the thread about female companions relatable to you, because there's so many guys on this forum, I think it is necessary to do another thread about males. So which of these males are you most relatable to, and why?

I put OS Ash and BW Ash in the same category, because BW Ash is kind of a cheap rehash of OS Ash, and most importantly, to leave room for the all important "Other" choice since there's so many males on this show. I apologize all OS fans who feel offended by this.

Personally I picked Paul. I'm play competitively and regularly check/breed for IV/nature.
    Last edited by Deoxyribonucleotides; 12th January 2015 at 12:42 AM.

Brock. The only differences are that my eyes open and I can't cook.

I'm learning though.

Brock. The most dependable and reliable character in the entire series. Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
    Does Dawn own Misty? Yes she does!

LOLing at the OS fans having to vote on something BW for once

Anyways, AG Ash I guess, same choice in clothes, and about the same mannerisms tbh.

sadly, it's prolly the AG Ash before Drake taught him respect too :/

Personally offended that OS and BW Ash are being grouped together.

Quote Originally Posted by MattySadler View Post
    Personally offended that OS and BW Ash are being grouped together.
    IIRC, there's a maximum of 10 options allowed on a poll, so he probably grouped them together because they can't be separate. I don’t see how that could offend anyone, personally.

Harley. I'm fashionable, vengeful, and sassy. I'm also original like him. We're basically siblings.

Seriously considered James due to how I get extremely attached to my Pokemon (yes, sometimes emotionally), but ultimately chose Clemont due to how we're both very smart, yet neither of us have a lot of confidence in our abilities. I'm also not a leader, similar to Clemont (as ironic as that is in his case) and we both pretty much require friends to inspire us to try new things.

I guess Tracey (poor guy is almost totally forgotten nowadays LOL), quite dependable (hopefully), eager to travel and learn from others, but not as... extroverted as Cilan or Brock or as rash as Ash. I guess I can be pretty easily talked into helping others too. Not sure I would use much of his team though, besides that awesome Scyther and I am a bit more competitive than him and hate to lose.
    Last edited by Aduro; 12th January 2015 at 2:10 AM.

Alain.

Him and I both are part-time lab assistants, and we both rock the hoodie/labcoat combo.
    Last edited by Maldread; 12th January 2015 at 8:31 AM.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

clemont. im a big nerd like he is.
    pokemon white friend code
    0647 5096 9579
    Name: Kevin

Trip. Due to his cold, observant, intelligence, distant, stubborn, and easily frustrated and always talking down about something
    Cameron. Easily forgetful

Nothing but basic. I am otaku, fujoshi, love yuri too. Wat are you looking me? xP It's basic
    Winter 2015 Anime my lists : Cute High Heart Defese Club Love!, Kuroko no Basket 3, Durarara! x2, Kantai Collection, Yurikuma Arashi, Koufuku Graffiti, Tokyo Ghoul √A, Shounen Hollywood Season 2
    If you want Trip reappears in XY or upcoming series, copy and paste to you signature <3

imo all saga ash is same character tbh it just the skill is inconsistent

i vote clemont , we both search for courage it shame i didnt really care for him anymore thx writer
    Welcome Gen VI

PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

I voted for DP Ash. I'm usually pretty calm, but I can be pretty stubborn at times, especially if I'm talking about something I believe in.

Paul

I would push my pokemon to the limit every day (except Sunday for a rest) and I would not bother weak pokemon if I can find another one stronger. I would also really REALLY hate losing even if the person I'm going up against should beat me (like an Elite 4 member or something)
    Friend Code- 4828-5000-3163
    Safari Dragon= Shelgon ,Fraxure and Druddigon PM if you add me so I can add you
    I have pokemon Y.

DP Ash I think is most relatable to me. At this stage in life, I know what I want to do with my life, and I'm trying to get there, I know I'm not the best, but I am to be, no matter how long it takes to get there. I'm knowledgeable in what my chosen career path is, but I don't know everything there is too it, but I know enough to take others on board and help them to achieve their dreams too, I'm learning from others, but at the same time people are learning from stuff that i teach them.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

I'll be the first to pick XY Ash. I don't want to brag too much so, yeah :>

Clemont for sure. I also taste blood on my mouth everytime i go out for a walk.

Paul gets my nod here. I'd release Pokemon with low IVs or bad nature when I'm playing the game (or soft reset until high IV and good nature occurs, in case of legendaries).

Quote Originally Posted by Aduro View Post
    I guess Tracey (poor guy is almost totally forgotten nowadays LOL), quite dependable (hopefully), eager to travel and learn from others, but not as... extroverted as Cilan or Brock or as rash as Ash. I guess I can be pretty easily talked into helping others too. Not sure I would use much of his team though, besides that awesome Scyther and I am a bit more competitive than him and hate to lose.
    Yeah, I'm tempted to put down Tracey for those particular reasons, also next to the fact he sketches.

But I dunno, I can see myself in Ash here and there, particularly when I was a kid. Just the way he's determined and excited to do what he loves is likeable in that aspect. However, I like that he matures after OS, became a mentor for May (and Dawn, but I haven't gotten to DP yet), and thus became a better character in Hoenn. So I can better relate to AG Ash in that regard.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Ash(XY), because he did great in his battles despite losing on the first gym battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Airi-Chan View Post
    Trip. Due to his cold, observant, intelligence, distant, stubborn, and easily frustrated and always talking down about something
    Cameron. Easily forgetful
    me too on Cameron. I'm so forgetful and bad at navigating and go on instincts and then when I got lost I'm super chill and easygoing about it.
    But also Cilan since I'm interested in everything and have a million hobbies too.
    Villager: Does your sciiiiiienceee explain why it rains?
    Sokka: YES! YES IT DOOOOOOOES

Clement the introverted nerd is my pick.