View Poll Results: Which Main Character is Your Favorite Design?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Misty

17 11.41%
  • Jessie

6 4.03%
  • May

30 20.13%
  • Dawn

21 14.09%
  • Iris

13 8.72%
  • Serena

60 40.27%
  • Bonnie

2 1.34%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Main Character Is Your Favorite Design?

Default Which Main Character Is Your Favorite Design?

So this poll only has female options (since there are 6 female leads, and you can't really compare a boy to a girl) you can ALSO reply on this thread to the Boys design, and if you have a rating scale you can do the same. For me it's like this

Serena>Dawn>May>Misty>Jessie>Bonnie>Iris

and Boys its

Ash(OS-DP)>Clemont>Brock>James>Tracey>Cilan>BW-XY Ash
    So what are your thoughts??

No character bashing.
    Also please don't let your favorite character cloud your judgment. For example, just because Bonnie is your favorite character does not mean you think she is the prettiest, those are two different things!!
    *Yes, we get some characters have skimpy outfits, it's anime though, so don't complain who wore what more modestly!
    Last edited by OfCorsola; 5th June 2014 at 1:36 PM.
    "I'll give you half of my life if you give me half of yours"
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl

Serena for sure; that girl is a cutie! May as well for me because her design is so fantastic. Gotta love the headband!

Serena = May > Dawn > Misty > Iris
    Last edited by Sephora; 7th June 2014 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post
    Serena for sure; that girl is a cutie! May is a close-second for me because her design is so fantastic. Gotta love the headband!

Serena > May > Dawn > Misty > Iris
    That's true! I'm working on a cosplay for her. Just waiting on my tailor ^.^ and I'm also going to buy a May cosplay. I think they all have a fantastic character design...except I don't like Iris's hair. Other than that, she'd be pretty cute too.

If you're strictly talking about design, obviously Serena was designed to look the most attractive. She has more wave in her hair and its longer than Dawn's, plus well...she's pretty much a blonde.

Serena was literally designed to be a timid, shy blonde so she could have a crush on Ash.

Serena! Her design is the best out of all main female leads.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

I understand people had equal designs. That's why you can reply it

And this is also for Boy's design too, so don't forget to rate them!

I would say May, but I really dont much care for her DP design, always found the T-shirt look better than the usual sleeveless one.

Voted for Iris just in case she would be the only one without votes (poor unfezant).

BW and XY Ash combined for best male design.
    Last edited by phanpycross; 5th June 2014 at 3:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    If you're strictly talking about design, obviously Serena was designed to look the most attractive. She has more wave in her hair and its longer than Dawn's, plus well...she's pretty much a blonde.

Serena was literally designed to be a timid, shy blonde so she could have a crush on Ash.
    Serena's design is based off her game design. And I'm pretty sure GameFreak didn't care about a possible anime shipping subplot when designing her character so I fail to see how she was literally designed to have a crush on Ash

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dark/Legendary Master View Post
    Serena's design is based off her game design. And I'm pretty sure GameFreak didn't care about a possible anime shipping subplot when designing her character so I fail to see how she was literally designed to have a crush on Ash
    Serena's character design is aimed more at males than females. She's literally designed to look like girlfriend material. Even in the games she never looked like a female trainer out on an adventure.

Iris. I love her hair and her outfit totally goes with her behavior and personality. It's not a typical design for a female character which makes it that much more unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Iris. I love her hair and her outfit totally goes with her behavior and personality. It's not a typical design for a female character which makes it that much more unique.
    Iris has more of a unique design than a pretty design, and thats why I like her design a lot. Just because her design is my least favorite, doesn't mean it's not good. I seriously like her outfit because it's just very unique. I also favor her skin tone.

For me it's:

May -> Iris = Serena -> Dawn = Misty = Bonnie

I like May's outfit because it suits Hoenn's overall world personally. Serena for the same reasons as Kalos' theme is beauty so I find it great for her and Iris' because of the more unique and "wild" approach. Misty and Dawn look okay but I'm not a fan of the yellow shirt and the short skirt tbh and Bonnie looks...a bit boring but still not bad imo.

As for the dude-human people:

AG Ash -> BW Ash -> OS Brock -> OS Ash -> Cilan = DP Brock = XY Ash -> AG Brock -> Tracy =Max -> DP Ash

I'm somewhat a fan of hoodies so AG and BW Ash take the top two while OS Ash and Brock are also fine. The three-way-tie also look nice but I find the others more interesting. Tracy is alright but the headband bothers me while Max's glasses annoy me too. DP Ash...no I don't like it at all. I hate the collar and it makes him a bit poofy to my eyes but it goes with his competency so I'll give it that.

Secret Base|Tumblr (still new so excuse the emptiness)|An AmourShipping fic!

Male:

1d0cbc2c9c396a6b0723bfdeae75ef5e-d6mjdw1.jpg

Why? I don't know: he looks cute to me.

Female:

Misty (AG) had a really cool design, IMO.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I have multiple characters whose design I like.
    Ash, of course. Cynthia, Dawn, Serena, Alian(XY), etc.

I pretty much like all of the character designs.
    Dawn=Serena>May=Misty>Iris>Bonnie>Jessie
    Credit goes to Cresselia92

I don't really have a character who had an outfit I hated. I liked Iris's design, but I didnt like her clothes..

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    I don't really have a character who had an outfit I hated. I liked Iris's design, but I didnt like her clothes..
    I really hate Iris. She calls Ash a kid, gets a Dragonite and Gible without doing anything. Why can't Ash have these even after working so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno792 View Post
    I really hate Iris. She calls Ash a kid, gets a Dragonite and Gible without doing anything. Why can't Ash have these even after working so hard.
    Ash does have a Gible. An extremely powerful one to boot. Not to mention hating Iris or supposed faults of hers have anything to do with the thread

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dark/Legendary Master View Post
    Ash does have a Gible. An extremely powerful one to boot. Not to mention hating Iris or supposed faults of hers have anything to do with the thread
    I know but I was just mentioning about it. And Ash just got one and he works hard with it. Iris does nothing and gets a fully evolved pseudo-legendary.

Dawn>Iris>Serena>Misty>May>Bonnie>Jessie

It was a close call for me between Dawn and Iris but I gave the edge to Dawn because I never really cared much for Iris' hair. Though if Iris returns with her Black 2 and White 2 design, I would put her on top. Serena has a good design but she isn't very believable. She looks like an 18 year old in a 10 year old's body.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
    Does Dawn own Misty? Yes she does!

Quote Originally Posted by chalkus View Post
    Dawn>Iris>Serena>Misty>May>Bonnie>Jessie

It was a close call for me between Dawn and Iris but I gave the edge to Dawn because I never really cared much for Iris' hair. Though if Iris returns with her Black 2 and White 2 design, I would put her on top. Serena has a good design but she isn't very believable. She looks like an 18 year old in a 10 year old's body.
    I kinda did my rating based off of prettiest design, because that's what I meant. but yeah, Serena does look too old but she has a great design, same goes for Dawn.

Serena and Dawn were purposely designed to look pretty and to be appealing to the male audience. Logically if these characters were real Dawn and Serena would look the best in real life.

However a good design doesn't just mean being girly and pretty with long flowing hair. I liked May's design because it was the perfect mix of tomboyish and girlish into one. Her hair only looks odd when she has the bandana off but the writers designed it in a way where she looks like she has long bangs in most episodes.

I think, out of the preteens, that Iris is the only one who looks her age. May and Misty look slightly older than they should, Dawn looks a couple years older than she should, and Serena looks a lot older than she should. To look at her and be told that she is ten is kind of creepy, which is why I put her third. It's like being told Brooklyn Decker is really 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
    Does Dawn own Misty? Yes she does!

My favorite (XY Ash) isn't on here so I went with Serena on the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkus View Post
    I think, out of the preteens, that Iris is the only one who looks her age. May and Misty look slightly older than they should, Dawn looks a couple years older than she should, and Serena looks a lot older than she should. To look at her and be told that she is ten is kind of creepy, which is why I put her third. It's like being told Brooklyn Decker is really 15.
    I think I could slightly agree. Misty and Iris both look 11, May looks 13, Dawn looks 14, and Serena looks 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    My favorite (XY Ash) isn't on here so I went with Serena on the poll.
    That's why in the OP I said since there are Boy characters you can just rate it on there. I should make another poll

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast