View Poll Results: Your favorite Ash depending on region?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kanto

7 15.56%
  • Johto

2 4.44%
  • Hoenn

11 24.44%
  • Sinnoh

16 35.56%
  • Unova

1 2.22%
  • Kalos

8 17.78%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite regional Ash? ( Personality/ battle type.)

Default Your favorite regional Ash? ( Personality/ battle type.)

This includes Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos.
    I want to know people's opinion on what their favorite Ash, with how he has developed or regressed throughout the series.
    Consider his personality for that region as well as how he battled. If you want add in a minor reasoning like outfit if you really want to.

Example:

Kanto- The start of Ash, funny, loves to clown around, a little childish. Top 16 in league.

Johto- grew up a little, cares for pokemon a lot more than before. top 8 in league

Hoenn- He learns how to strategize a lot more and is very enthusiastic and never giving up. Takes advantage of the field. Acts like a mentor towards May/Haruka. top 8 in league

Sinnoh- full mature, believes in his pokemon and his pokemon believes in him. Lots of creative battle style including counter shield, spin, and etc. Friendship with Dawn. top 4 in league

Unova- Kinda like Kanto Ash. Immature in a way and changes full 180 degrees compared to Sinnoh. Battle style becomes agressive. Companionship with Iris/Cilan. top 8 in league

Kalos- A lot more caring about people and pokemon, has lots of courage, and considered to be the region of friendship by many people for ash.
    Last edited by wiitard119; 23rd September 2014 at 12:06 PM.

A close call between Hoenn Ash and Sinnoh Ash for me but I went with the latter. Up until BW I didn't feel like they were different Ash's or even different personalities. I just felt he was growing up and maturing from OS to DP but then BW pulled a complete 180 on that one

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Probably AG-DP Ash for me. I personally think he was at his best during the Battle Frontier, but that's just me I guess. Ash after DP is disappointing to me though. He really regressed in BW and in XY it only seems they built XY Ash off of BW Ash, this is not the OS-DP Ash that some people think he's back to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

I personally feel that Sinnoh Ash is the best Ash has been in terms of battling thus far. I don't think he changes personaility or anything, but I just feel like BW had absolutely horrid writing. It's a shame, because Team Rocket was so BA.

I think it's too soon to judge XY Ash for not being as strong as he was in DP, but if he catches cute and pathetic Pokemon again l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶S̶k̶i̶d̶d̶o̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶P̶h̶a̶n̶t̶r̶u̶m̶p̶ I can be proven wrong.

The One Who Wields the Power of God

Sinnoh Ash. His best as a trainer and a person. Nothing else compares.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
    Does Dawn own Misty? Yes she does!

Kanto Ash since he actually had a likable personality and his mistakes and flops were understandable given his rookie status back then.

OS Ash and Sinnoh Ash were my favorites. AG and XY are in the middle, and BW is definite last.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Lots of Hoenn and Sinnoh votes.. I guess the viewers really do want Ash to be in mature mode and not the goofy clown Ash like in Kanto / Unova.
    That's actually good since I feel the same way.

The right answer would probably be DP Ash, because in terms of coming up with strategies and having a fairly nice level of maturity, he was great! Plus he knew that to reach a decent league placement, he would need all of his Pokemon, which is something I was glad to see..

BUT..

My actual answer would be OS Ash.. because nostalgia.

My favorite Ash is still Kanto Ash. He was so whacky and had huge dreams that were always motivating him. He took action without thinking first and was always hungry and l lost. Deffinately the funniest Ash as he was never as funny again!
    Someone once told me that Misty's cameos in Advanced Generation help make it easier knowing that she is no longer a series regular. They couldn't have been more wrong. After she leaves behind Togepi she returns to her gym more alone than ever AND ON TOP OF THAT, her last cameo was in 2005. 2005!?!?!? ITS BEEN TEN YEARS SINCE ONE OF THE CAST WHO STARTED THE SHOW WAS ACTUALLY ON THE SHOW!?!?

Why do we even watch Pokemon anymore

My vote goes to Hoenn Ash easily, he was the perfect Ash, he had his funny moments just like in OS with episodes like The Bicker The Better, he was mature like in DP and XY, also had a decent amount of their battling skills which helped a lot in the Battle Frontier arc and to help May grow into her own person. Not to mention his outfit is just epic.

Honorable mentions go out to Kalos Ash for being just plain awesome and Unova Ash for being hilarious and awesome.

I'm a big fan of BW Ash's personality but realize he wasn't the best battler. I guess OS Ash since he had a similar personality and he was a new trainer so him sucking was excusable.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I have to go with Hoenn, I actually really liked Ash that region.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

AG for personality and DP for battle type.

For me, I'd say that it's a tie between Ash's Hoenn and Sinnoh self, both in personality and in battle. The tie-breaker was the fact that I liked his Hoenn uniform better, so I voted for Hoenn.
    Team Rocket will pay for their crimes.

Its funny because BW Ash and XY Ash are just Kanto Ash and AG Ash all over again.

Its rather hilarious how Best Wishes and XY are remakes of Kanto and AG, complete with the same group dynamics, same Ash, same everything.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Its funny because BW Ash and XY Ash are just Kanto Ash and AG Ash all over again.

Its rather hilarious how Best Wishes and XY are remakes of Kanto and AG, complete with the same group dynamics, same Ash, same everything.
    Which makes Sinnoh Ash look even better. He's the only one who has not been copied.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
    Does Dawn own Misty? Yes she does!

Quote Originally Posted by chalkus View Post
    Which makes Sinnoh Ash look even better. He's the only one who has not been copied.
    Not yet at least. And besides originality means nothing in this show. It's like saying a badly done filler that's not been copied yet is the best filler really. I'm betting Gen VII Ash will be DP Ash but done right.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

It's not really that hilarious. AG was a remake of Johto and, well, the show just repeats everything again and again. It's not surprising not very hilarious. It's just Pokemon. Even the games are just the same thing again and again.

Although I don't think I could say an Orange Islands has been remade has it? I thing OI Ash was a pretty good Ash because he actually wins the OI league and it's one if the most exciting battles ever!
    Someone once told me that Misty's cameos in Advanced Generation help make it easier knowing that she is no longer a series regular. They couldn't have been more wrong. After she leaves behind Togepi she returns to her gym more alone than ever AND ON TOP OF THAT, her last cameo was in 2005. 2005!?!?!? ITS BEEN TEN YEARS SINCE ONE OF THE CAST WHO STARTED THE SHOW WAS ACTUALLY ON THE SHOW!?!?

Why do we even watch Pokemon anymore

Unova Ash doesn't deserve not even 1 vote lol, it was a nightmare...

I liked all of the regional Ashes except BW's one obvs but If I'd rank:

1. Sinnoh
    2. Hoenn
    3. Kanto
    4. Johto
    5. Kalos

Quote Originally Posted by minerswhocraft View Post
    It's not really that hilarious. AG was a remake of Johto and, well, the show just repeats everything again and again. It's not surprising not very hilarious. It's just Pokemon. Even the games are just the same thing again and again.

Although I don't think I could say an Orange Islands has been remade has it? I thing OI Ash was a pretty good Ash because he actually wins the OI league and it's one if the most exciting battles ever!
    How can you say AG was Johto 2.0 when Johto had little progress over all as a series? We had Misty doing nothing, Brock doing nothing, etc. Sure you can argue Max didn't do much, but he's a kid. At least in AG, everyone played a part like Ash, Brock, and May. Each series has it's overall differences, the fillers are what's repeated constantly if anything.

Orange Island Ash would probably be included as either Johto Ash or Kanto Ash then if you think about it, I'm going with the opinion that Johto Ash and Orange Island Ash are probably the same, and one could say BW Ash in some episodes is like them in certain episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkus View Post
    Well unless the Gen 7 anime is a repeat of DP.

The writers have followed a formula. BW has largely been a repeat of Kanto, the Da Islands arc was basically Orange Islands. Then XY is basically following the AG formula. By this logic Gen 7 will be like DP.

Personality-wise: BW Ash, where he had actual personality.
    Battle-wise: DP/XY Ash.

....and now, her story begins.

Personality-wise: OS (Kanto) Ash
    Battle wise: DP Ash (2nd: XY=AG so far)

BW Ash deserves no recognition.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

I couldn't disagree more with the whole "BW Ash = XY Ash" mentality. XY Ash is a mix between a young gentleman (like the french men's stereotype) and a shonen protagonist, a young hero who likes to save everyone all by himself. He has some experience at battling. However, he is not as good at battling as DP Ash. BW Ash is the old noob Ash, but not as funny as the OS Ash. He's not a gentleman at all. He acts like a brat a lot, unlike his XY personality. He does have a good heart, but he doesn't complete the hero's tasks all by himself, he shares the spotlight with Iris and some other characters. While BW Ash is clearly an attempt to please a younger audience, XY Ash doesn't seem to have a specific audience (at least IMO).

Anyway, my favorite Ash is OS Ash. Just because he is funny and i like funny Ash.
    Last edited by Xuxuba; 26th September 2014 at 11:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast