Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would You Want Ash To Win The Kalos League If It Meant...

Default Would You Want Ash To Win The Kalos League If It Meant...

...that the show would end. No sequels, no spin offs with new characters. Nothing.

Would you want to see Ash finally win a league if it meant that the show would end if he does.

This is just a hypothetical. It's clear that the show could continue even if he wins the league, since he can always lose to the elite four.

This thread is not about whether the show would continue or not. Would you want Ash to win a league if it meant the show would be done.

He won't win the kalos league so it doesn't matter to me. ^^;

If it meant an end to Ash as the main protagonist, then yes IF there was a spin-off/sequel with new characters where Ash and former characters are older and recurring. If it meant an end to all shows related to the franchise, probably not.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Only if Ash and Serena were shown to be an official couple, and there was an episode dedicated to showing where they are in the future (10+ years later). Which better have Ash as champion of at least one region.

It would be great if Pokemon followed Yu-Gi-Oh and had a new set of characters after every season/generation. That would be interesting to see.
    Friend Code: 1564-3276-9539, Ground safari Phanpy, Nincada, Diggersby
    Name: Ani-Mei, X name Theia, Y name Virgil
    AS name Yuna, OR name Tidus

Yes. I don't want to be watching Ash run around in circles with pikachu and interchangeable traveling companions for another seventeen years. I want him to finally finish, and I want team rocket to finally be done.

If it ended every pokemon anime and manga forever then no, if it ended Ash's time as protagonist then yes.

Seeing a character I love forfill his destiny vs. Never getting to watch any new episodes, or speculate about them.

Tough question for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    If it meant an end to Ash as the main protagonist, then yes IF there was a spin-off/sequel with new characters where Ash and former characters are older and recurring. If it meant an end to all shows related to the franchise, probably not.
    Yep. Ash and pikachu have become so synonymous with the anime that it would be almost impossible to separate them from it at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
    Does Dawn own Misty? Yes she does!

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    This.
    /thread

Signature Credit: The Comet

Yes.
    It would be nice to watch him win and then wake up and it would turn out that allllllll of this was just a dream and today is the actual day when he has to go pick up his first pokemon lol. And then it would start again but with the gen 7 pokemon
    FC: 3711-9176-7509
    IGN: Creyk

I would especially want him to win the kalos league if that was so.

No, because that would also mean no more movies :<

But apart from that...If they could pull off a finale that's truly fulfilling and entertaining, then I guess I wouldn't mind the show ending there.

No. I only want him to win if it means his and Serena's kid is the new main Protagonist

I would want him to win the Kalos League even more if it meant this would happen.

I'd just continue reading the manga anyway.

I can even tell what you're thinking right now

yes, especially if there was a spin-off series with a new main protagonist, that is all
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

If Ash lost again, I 'll cut one pigeon wings of anger!!
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...for-main-anime

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton Ketchum View Post
    If Ash lost again, I 'll cut one pigeon wings of anger!!
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...for-main-anime
    Guess I better start calling the animal cruelty hotline then
    Last edited by Lord Trollbias; 14th May 2015 at 7:16 PM.

Signature Credit: The Comet

I don't want Ash to win the league, even if the series was to continue. You can't top a league victory, so Ash would just reset like he did in Black and White again.
    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.

Check it out!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Nope. I don't even care about Ash or his development.

I'm here to see the Pokemon and moves from the games in their full animated glory. That is what draws me into the show. The graphics of the games have improved greatly since the beginning, but it's still not quite like seeing them in full motion.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Nope. I don't even care about Ash or his development.

I'm here to see the Pokemon and moves from the games in their full animated glory. That is what draws me into the show. The graphics of the games have improved greatly since the beginning, but it's still not quite like seeing them in full motion.
    That's basically my point of view. If I cared about the story or characters, I probably wouldn't still be watching.
    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.

Check it out!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

I gave up on the series because it never truly progresses or evolves. It was intended to end in Kanto anyway
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:
    Trade: Sylveon

Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

Latest shiny: Lugia(3959 SR)

Can sociopaths feel despair?

All the more reason for him to win.

Then again, the idea of an abrupt mid-season cancellation also appeals to me.

Yes, I would. It would also be nice if Dawn won top coordinator defeating Zoey at that time. And Ash and Dawn visiting each other and tell each other on how they won would be nice to see after that, and them possibly getting together.

The show won't end just because he won one league. Ash is gonna continue travelling in different regions and try to improve his skills.
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Expecting gen 7 games.

Currently own: All gen 4 main series games, all gen 5 games and the all four gen 6 games.

Feel free to check out my hilarious signature!

Currently avoiding the giant chicken so I won't destroy half the city when fighting the chicken!

Oh no, oh no, oh no! Oh Yeah! Okay, can everyone please stop saying oh no in the court room cause the Kool Aid man keeps coming in!

Oh that dog of mine!

Oh haven't you heard? Bird is the word!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast