Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: *READ THE FIRST POST!!!* Characters You Dislike

Quote Originally Posted by Pokémaniac Pez View Post
    I hated Ash's Charizard, I know he's a Pokémon and not a Person but he was such a tool, ever since he evolved from Charmander into Charmeleon he got an attitude and thought he was surperior to everyone bar Magmar and other fire-types. what a tool.
    This as well.

I forgot how much I hated Charizard. XD

my least favorite character is probaly harley because his voice is a bit feminine,he dresses strange,he is selfish,and just plain annoying

croagunk i found cilan to be annoying at first two but eventually i started to like him
    Last edited by Sushi; 20th September 2011 at 6:47 PM.
    Favorite Pokemon Characters

1-Cilan
    2-May
    3-Ash
    4-Brock
    5-Misty

Definitely Brock, personally, I never found him funny, he got stale in Clefairy and the Moon Stone, his flirting with girls went from annoying, to boring, to pathetic.
    Always in the background, never took part in nothing and just sat down to state the obvious, and when he decided to take part in something, got eliminated, in Kanto and Johto was only a boring sidekick, in Hoenn and Sinnoh was a very sad comic relief, nothing like his game and manga counterparts.
    Some people thinks that without him, Ash and his companions wouldn´t survive but, come on, Ash and Misty got through Viridian Forest without his help.
    Personally, I never understood what was all that hype with him and I´m glad he is finally gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Ash Ketchum himself. I don't hate him and I probably never will but I really don't like him anymore. Since DP started into Best Wishes I find myself liking him less and less as time goes on. Just repeats the same thing over and over again. Half the stuff he learns he already learned in a previous saga. His childish attitude after all these years has gotten stale and not even reverting back to his Kanto stage in BW has helped me to like him again. I guess I don't mind him not winning a league to much even though I think he's long overdue, but in my opinion that really holds the secondary character back. I think the writers chickened out at the Sinnoh GF because they knew Ash wasn't going to win the league so they made his sidekick lose just to be fair, not that I had a problem with that, but seriously why make it to the finals just to lose and never be seen again? Ash's Pokemon are all nice but they just get personalities of his past Pokemon. I mean Treecko, Buizel, and Snivy all have the same feel to them. Oshawott is just a much better handled Piplup that's not so in your face, And I won't mention regional birds. I also really dislike the idea that Ash is the only special person in the world. Nobody else can see legendary Pokemon or save a legendary Pokemon but him (Movie 9) so there we are.
    I second this. ^

I always said this, but I'll say it again:

I dislike Ash in BW. I mean, he travelled 4 regions and an Island, won constest, has been training for 15 years, beaten harsh opponents (Gary, Gym leaders...)

He is supposed to be like one of the most powerfull trainers of the series by now. But what? In BW, he is still 10 years old (I wished he could be at least 14) but the worst part, is that he isn't as bright and mature then AG/DP (even Kanto Ash was more interesting) and he has been beaten by a starter trainer!(who moreover, is ugly and lacks charisma) How could he?!

Quote Originally Posted by Golbatman View Post
    I always said this, but I'll say it again:

I dislike Ash in BW. I mean, he travelled 4 regions and an Island, won constest, has been training for 15 years, beaten harsh opponents (Gary, Gym leaders...)

He is supposed to be like one of the most powerfull trainers of the series by now. But what? In BW, he is still 10 years old (I wished he could be at least 14) but the worst part, is that he isn't as bright and mature then AG/DP (even Kanto Ash was more interesting) and he has been beaten by a starter trainer!(who moreover, is ugly and lacks charisma) How could he?!
    you right He hasnt change at all!!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Ash Ketchum himself. I don't hate him and I probably never will but I really don't like him anymore. Since DP started into Best Wishes I find myself liking him less and less as time goes on. Just repeats the same thing over and over again. Half the stuff he learns he already learned in a previous saga. His childish attitude after all these years has gotten stale and not even reverting back to his Kanto stage in BW has helped me to like him again. I guess I don't mind him not winning a league to much even though I think he's long overdue, but in my opinion that really holds the secondary character back. I think the writers chickened out at the Sinnoh GF because they knew Ash wasn't going to win the league so they made his sidekick lose just to be fair, not that I had a problem with that, but seriously why make it to the finals just to lose and never be seen again? Ash's Pokemon are all nice but they just get personalities of his past Pokemon. I mean Treecko, Buizel, and Snivy all have the same feel to them. Oshawott is just a much better handled Piplup that's not so in your face, And I won't mention regional birds. I also really dislike the idea that Ash is the only special person in the world. Nobody else can see legendary Pokemon or save a legendary Pokemon but him (Movie 9) so there we are.
    Well said
    U see, it is writer Idea of bring the golden age of pokemon back
    They think making Ash like a Rocky again gonna make people feel the same fun they felt when the 1st time pokemon begin
    It's a Ridduculas Idea
    I mean Ash acting like a Rockey again & getting his butt kick by a newbe like Trip make me stop watching this Anime
    I wanna see Ash acting like a mature trainer like Paul, Drew & Zoey
    I also wanna see Ash playing a role of a Mentor & Guardian angel to a Rocky trainer like how Drew/Zoey does
    And I wanna see Ash treated as a Formidable 5 year experience battle frontier champ & 1st Orange victor (against Drake) trainer
    U know , U should say all those thing right in the writer face !
    So he can realise we doesn't want go backward
    We are triad of seeing Ash going Backward in the begining of every single series & we now simply wanna see Ash moving forward
    Anyway ,My most hated character is pokemon hunter j , Drew & Trip

Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    Well said
    U see, it is writer Idea of bring the golden age of pokemon back
    They think making Ash like a Rocky again gonna make people feel the same fun they felt when the 1st time pokemon begin
    It's a Ridduculas Idea
    I mean Ash acting like a Rockey again & getting his butt kick by a newbe like Trip make me stop watching this Anime
    I wanna see Ash acting like a mature trainer like Paul, Drew & Zoey
    I also wanna see Ash playing a role of a Mentor & Guardian angel to a Rocky trainer like how Drew/Zoey does
    And I wanna see Ash treated as a Formidable 5 year experience battle frontier champ & 1st Orange victor (against Drake) trainer
    U know , U should say all those thing right in the writer face !
    So he can realise we doesn't want go backward
    We are triad of seeing Ash going Backward in the begining of every single series & we now simply wanna see Ash moving forward
    Anyway ,My most hated character is pokemon hunter j , Drew & Trip
    I have no idea what you just said. What do you mean by "they think making Ash like a Rockey"? And why did you spam bold tags :P
    Feel free to PM me if you have tech problems or questions.
    Credit for the signature goes to me.

Quote Originally Posted by GetOutOfBox View Post
    I have no idea what you just said. What do you mean by "they think making Ash like a Rockey"? And why did you spam bold tags :P
    That's what I would like to know.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I never liked Misty. I still can't seem to.

And if you read this Pokemon Fan, I don't want to start any trouble. I'm just answering the thread.
    I hate Misty as well, not as much as TR though.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

I never liked Misty. Not even in Kanto.

Her romantic subplot was driven into the ground, especially in the dub, and ultimately had no resolution despite them devoting a Special to imply that it was still there. Mean Misty was tolerable, but after a while she dissapeared entirely in favor of mommy-Misty. She embodied a lot that I didn't think belonged in a show like Pokemon and I'm glad she's gone.

Ash's Charizard tops it for Pokemon I dislike. Bulbasaur was tougher then Charmander (imo) and Squirtle had a better personality, but it was Charmander who stole the spotlight and turned into an attention hogging bully which is funny given his orgins. Luckily it seems like we're getting some local replacements in a Fire Type reserve in Infernape and maybe Tepig/Quil.

Might be a bit early but I don't like Unova Team Rocket (JJM). This is such a radical departure from the way they used to act that it makes me wonder why they didn't just make a new three man team from Team Plasma and let the trio go out on a happy note in another region with their promotion. We'll see how it develops from here but I think Sinnoh was the height for their respective characters. A shame that James didn't have much time to shine before his drastic personality change. He showed promise.

Well i never hated any character in particular but if there was someone i never liked much it was Ritchie.He seemed like a cheaper version of Ash character which didnt had much personality or charm going on for him.

His clothing style was similar,majority of his pokemon team were ones Ash had as well(like Charmeleon,Butterfree or Taillow)and he even had as his starter Pikachu.
    Only difference between him and Ash was in personality aspect with his character seeming more calm and collected.

Personally im in favor of originality so with all respect Ritchie was never my favorite cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    I never liked Misty. Not even in Kanto.

Her romantic subplot was driven into the ground, especially in the dub, and ultimately had no resolution despite them devoting a Special to imply that it was still there. Mean Misty was tolerable, but after a while she dissapeared entirely in favor of mommy-Misty. She embodied a lot that I didn't think belonged in a show like Pokemon and I'm glad she's gone.
    Not sure what do you mean by "mommy Misty"but after getting Togepi she was still spunky and quirky with added difference of not being as violent like she used to be in early Kanto days with other traits being explored more.

Positive thing in my book,though i respect your point of view.

I hate Drew because Writer show too much care him than Ash (making him near perfect)
    I hate pokemon Hunter J for her cruel personality
    And I hate the Fact that Ash got his butt kick by both of them

Alright, here I go...

* PAUL: Unlike what most people think, there is nothing cool, "badass" or likeable about this obnoxious prick who treats Pokemon like tools. He's nothing but a two-bit bully, nothing more.

* Zoey: Flat, uninteresting character, and I consider her to be a bit of a Mary-Sue as well. I used to like her, but after the GF finals... blegh.

* Barry: Brainless Paul fanboy.

* Conway: Useless.

* Tobias: He's not even a character. He's just a cheap plot device to knock Ash out of the Sinnoh tournament.

* Georgia: Being a jerk to two likeable characters (Iris and Cilan) for the whole duration of her debut episode made me dislike her instantly, and she did precious little to redeem herself later.

Other than these ones, I like pretty much all the characters
    If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

I AM THE #1 PAUL HATER IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD. DEAL WITH IT.

Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    I hate Drew because Writer show too much care him than Ash (making him near perfect)
    I hate pokemon Hunter J for her cruel personality
    And I hate the Fact that Ash got his butt kick by both of them
    Still not understaning all of what you're saying :P. You hate characters because they're not goody-two-shoes? Why? Such characters are important for any story.

Quote Originally Posted by LilyTwo View Post
    PAUL: Unlike what most people think, there is nothing cool, "badass" or likeable about this obnoxious prick who treats Pokemon like tools. He's nothing but a two-bit bully, nothing more.
    Agreed oh-so-very-much.

I used to like her, but after the GF finals... blegh.
    I still don't understand why her winning the GF is such a Moral Event Horizon for you; the writers never let ANY main character win a big competition; they weren't about to start now. Heck, while I may have issue with how he was as a character, I don't even really fault Tobias for winning the Sinnoh League. The writers needed someone to prevent Ash from winning; he was just the one.

Barry: Brainless Paul fanboy.
    I think he got better as he went on, actually. Sure, he was terrible in his first few episodes (his fanboyism of Paul wasn't only annoying, it also made no sense whatsoever), but after a while the Paul-related aspect of his character died down and he was used more humorously. He still could have been used much better than he was though.

Georgia: Being a jerk to two likeable characters (Iris and Cilan) for the whole duration of her debut episode made me dislike her instantly, and she did precious little to redeem herself later.
        Spoiler:
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 21st September 2011 at 9:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post

I still don't understand why her winning the GF is such a Moral Event Horizon for you; the writers never let ANY main character win a big competition; they weren't about to start now. Heck, while I may have issue with how he was as a character, I don't even really fault Tobias for winning the Sinnoh League. The writers needed someone to prevent Ash from winning; he was just the one.

Spoiler:
    Sigh... sorry, but I think Dawn deserved to beat Zoey at least once. I understand where you're coming from, but that's what I think, and I'll never change my mind.

And I dislike this "the main characters are never allowed to win" attitude the writers have. Then, what's the point of me getting emotionally invested? I already know they will lose...

Spoiler:
    If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

I AM THE #1 PAUL HATER IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD. DEAL WITH IT.

Sigh... sorry, but I think Dawn deserved to beat Zoey at least once.
    That much I agree with. Rivalries are no fun when just one party involved wins all the time. I blame it on the fact that the writers didn't have Dawn and Zoey battle as often as they should have. For a supposedy rivalry, there wasn't much competiton involved.

And I dislike this "the main characters are never allowed to win" attitude the writers have. Then, what's the point of me getting emotionally invested? I already know they will lose...
    I don't get it either, but I accept it. Though I didn't get emotionally invested in Ash or Dawn to begin with.

Being a jerk to someone who spent her whole debut episode insulting and belittling you, not to mention wolfing down your own breakfast, is only natural, I'd say. And sorry, but I think Ursula was a lot nicer - and that's saying a lot, at least Ursula admitted when she was beaten.
    Ursula only admitted when she was beaten in her last appearance. Prior to that, she made some excuse as to why Dawn won. I agree that Ursula was less mean overall but who's to say Georgia won't end up like that by her last appearance?

And also, I really don't see how belittling and stealing a breakfast is any worse than, say, invoking your opponents' fears/hair problems and humiliating them in front of an entire audience.
    Last edited by AgentPierce; 22nd September 2011 at 3:23 AM.

HOW can somebody hate Harley?
    1) He's gay and proud of it, so if you hate him you're anti-gay.
    2) His voice is perfect and cool.
    3) He's narcistic, perfect in any cartoon, as every cartoon should have its own Vega and Vanity Smurf.
    4) He's mean and funny.

My worst characters are probably.
    1) Brock, because he does the same all the time, we know he likes women by now, its getting boring.
    2) Team Rockets pokemon are extremly boring... why not Cacturne instead of Cacnea... only Seviper rocks.
    3) I never liked Ash and the small boy with the glasses (forgot his name) is boring too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sincubus View Post
    3) I never liked Ash and the small boy with the glasses (forgot his name) is boring too.
    Is name was Max and I'm also very happy that he isn't on the show anymore, I'm still wondering today why the writers bothered to make him appear in the Hoenn region, sorry for his fans.

3) He's narcistic, perfect in any cartoon, as every cartoon should have its own Vega and Vanity Smurf.
    4) He's mean and funny.

My worst characters are probably.
    1) Brock, because he does the same all the time, we know he likes women by now, its getting boring.
    2) Team Rockets pokemon are extremly boring... why not Cacturne instead of Cacnea... only Seviper rocks.
    HARLEY WAS EPIC

Tobias was stupid he randomly came outa nowhere.... What wad the goal of him existing.
    And Ursula.
    Last edited by Necro101; 28th September 2011 at 1:23 AM.

A reminder: Whenever you mention a(nother) character, you must state your reasons for disliking them. Simply agreeing with another user or similar things won't cut it.

Elaborating and giving reasons is actually a forum-wide policy (yes, even in Polls), but it's especially important for this particular thread because it contains such a sensitive topic.

4) He's mean and funny.
    Uh #1 is completely a matter of opinion, and even if he is gay (unlikely considering the nature of the show) hating him does not make you anti-gay.

The rest of your points are all matters of opinion, some of them weirdly contradictory. Narcissism isn't really a positive thing.

Please elaborate as to why you like his voice and personality, as posts in this thread should not simply be statements of "he is the best", to prevent flame wars.

I strongly dislike Kenny. That guy basically has nothing to keep me interested in him. He sucks in contests, has a boring rivalry with Dawn, lacks personality (imo) etc..

Credit for the banner goes to T-B0ne27

Dawn basically made Contests too girly for me. When it was with May, you had Drew, Harley and some other cool contestors. But with Dawn, you have both her, May and Zoey in the same room. And with Nando, it was like another girl was there along with Ursula near the end. Plus Kenny, who seemed like he was ignored. This is why I miss AG.

My ideal battle ever!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast