Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 274

Thread: *READ THE FIRST POST!!!* Characters You Dislike

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Yeah, hate isn't a swear word. It's just a more intense (not sure if I used the right word..?) form of dislike. And usually means you dislike someone so much you wish they wouldn't exist.

    ...Or in case with anime or anything on TV, when you wish they had A LOT less screen time.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

    FireRed team:
    Cordelia Nida Rai Fang Cyclone Charlie

    I might help nicknaming your Pokémon, PM me!

    I don't like gen5.I'm not a nostalgic freak who can't accept new things;when gen2 came out,I didn't even notice it was new.When gen3 came out,I thought "new Pokémon already??"but I tried to learn as much as possible.When gen4 came out,I was like "Cool, but evolutions of older Pokémon look ugly.Which starter would I pick?"When all gen5 Pokémon were revealed,I was disappointed.
    Oh yeah; when gen 6 came out, I was disappointed too, but then it started to revive my faith in the future of pokemon.

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Well the only character I can really bring myself to care enough to dislike is Brock. He didn't really bother me as a kid, but as I got older I realized that his personality was really minimal and uninteresting. It doesn't help that from what I've seen, the only character he ever had any real chemistry with was Misty. So why she was pink slipped after Johto, but he was saw fit to keep around and bore us all for like eight more years, I will never understand.

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Portal FTW!
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Cilan:A failed replica of Batman.
    Rudy:Seemed to be a Pedo.

  4. #129
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Anteiku Cafe
    Posts
    823

    Default

    Actually Dawn reminds me with one of my annoying friends.
    WARNING : I really hiatus from Pokeani Spoiler because I move to other anime fandom. It doesn't mean I hate Pokeani, but I should keep my reputation for not being annoyed by stranger people who doesn't like/underestimate Pokeani. If you want to CHAT about POKEANI with me, please CONTACT me below. Thanks
    Follow my Twitter : @mega_shootiepie | Blackberry Messenger : 2b37cbed (Mega ShootiePie) (will move to BBM because I am gonna have new phone) | LINE : mega_shootiepie

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Probably not on SPPF.
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Georgia- Terrible rival, stupid character. She even tried to use a Dark/Steel in a tournament full of fighting types. wtf?
    Tracey- Boring.
    Brock(Sinnoh)- Also boring.
    Misty(early Kanto)- Don't get me wrong, she's one of my favorite characters, but in early Kanto I wanted to tear her limbs off. She was that rude and annoying. :|

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Ash (Sinnoh)- Complete, cocky idiot.
    Brock (Sinnoh)- Did nothing: said nothing.
    Paul- Bland; forgettable.
    Iris- Annoying and ear-gratingly high pitched.
    Georgia- The most supreme, idiotic ego and pretty much dressed and acts like a complete prostitute.

    All time worst would have to be DP Brock. Between the deep voice he was given in the dub, his complete lack of Pokemon, and his lack of character, I can't say much else.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 1st October 2012 at 6:42 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Probably not on SPPF.
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Paul- Bland; forgettable.
    What was bland and forgettable about him?

    Georgia- The most supreme, idiotic ego and pretty much dressed and acts like a complete prostitute.
    This I agree with.

  8. #133

    Default Trip, Tobias and Iris are the only answers.

    Trip - Unoriginal Gary Stu/recolor who shouldn't have beat Ash the way he did. He's a ROOKIE, Ash should have been able to beat each of his Pokemon in mere seconds, in each battle, but noooo, Ash had to be ruined by bad writing. I didn't care for the way Paul humiliated Ash in Lake Acuity, but at least he was an experienced trainer, Trip is just a living Deus ex Machina. I can't take this "rivalry" seriously if he won't take off his plot armor. He doesn't even deserve to be a League competitor. Also, I don't care about his Alder "problem". If he was well written, Ash would annihilate him in under one second, hell, Ash when he first started could beat this no-personality, sorry excuse for a "rival". He also has a catchphrase more annoying than Iris's "What a kid".

    Iris - Annoying. She has no reason to belittle Ash, he's a foreigner! They tried WAY too hard to make her another Misty (Best Wishes tries too hard to be a more 'relevant' Kanto in general), but failed. I don't care much about Misty, but at least she wasn't a TOTAL ******* to Ash like Iris is. Also, her Excadrill was overpowered, Ash should have been able to beat her (at least his Krookodile beat her Dragonite, but still), and Dawn should have been able to beat her in the Junior Cup too. They made Dawn use a generic battling style just so she wouldn't kick Iris's ***. Iris did not deserve ANYTHING she got, either Pokemon or accomplishments, she's a spoiled brat who gets whatever she wants. Whatever she wants, Mommy (the writers) give it to her. You see Ash's Scraggy try so hard to be the best it can be...and then Iris's Axew pulls a bunch of random moves out of its rear end, not to mention that Emolga and Excadrill lost their original personalities when it was most convenient for the plot, and I bet Dragonite will stop disobeying during a certain decisive battle...

    Tobias - Self-explanatory, but since I'm required to explain: He came out of nowhere without foreshadowing. Also, when the scans were coming out, Heracross was shown, so you may have thought Heracross would actually beat Darkrai with Sleep Talk nulling Dark Void (somewhat). NOPE! Tobias beat most of his Pokemon too easily, Ash should be the one beating him! He's not a recolor like Trip, but he IS a Gary-Stu. He has NO personality, explanation or backstory, he's just there as a roadblock to prevent Ash from winning. How did he get TWO Legendaries!? Ash SO deserved to win that Sinnoh League, but this drone just had to come in and **** all over Ash's accomplishments!!

    All three of these "characters" have something in common, which is: Annoying voices, an undeserved win against Ash, and plot armor.
    Last edited by thenightmareinducer16; 4th October 2012 at 12:16 AM.

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trioxhydre View Post
    And people seem to be throwing around that h-word ("hate". pwah..) too much in this thread and its bothering me. Isn't that word....an over-reactment?....I'd like to think that and nothing else. But, whatever, I threw in my 10 cents for that...
    So? That's the point of the thread, and the term is over reaction....

    Quote Originally Posted by thenightmareinducer16 View Post
    Iris - Annoying. She has no reason to belittle Ash, he's a foreigner! They tried WAY too hard to make her another Misty (Best Wishes tries too hard to be a more 'relevant' Kanto in general), but failed. I don't care much about Misty, but at least she wasn't a TOTAL ******* to Ash like Iris is. Also, her Excadrill was overpowered, Ash should have been able to beat her (at least his Krookodile beat her Dragonite, but still), and Dawn should have been able to beat her in the Junior Cup too. They made Dawn use a generic battling style just so she wouldn't kick Iris's ***. Iris did not deserve ANYTHING she got, either Pokemon or accomplishments, she's a spoiled brat who gets whatever she wants. Whatever she wants, Mommy (the writers) give it to her. You see Ash's Scraggy try so hard to be the best it can be...and then Iris's Axew pulls a bunch of random moves out of its rear end, not to mention that Emolga and Excadrill lost their original personalities when it was most convenient for the plot, and I bet Dragonite will stop disobeying during a certain decisive battle...
    Yup, that's Iris. You described the character perfectly.

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Paul. I don't expect exceptional writing out of Pokemon, but holy ****, Paul might be the most bland character of all time, even compared to random COTDs. The way he was handled was pathetic, especially when it cane to the training methods of Ash vs him. If they were going to justify his actions with "he's not a bad trainer, he just has a different way of training", then why did they turn around and give him "redemption" at the end? Why did Ash still not like his training methods? He was just there as a generic d-bag "unbeatable" rival. For this reason, the final battle with Ash vs Paul was unsatisfying, because Paul did not take his strongest Pokemon with him, so it's basically saying that Paul is still the better trainer, even in defeat.

  11. #136

    Default

    Team Rocket, mostly the trio because of how annoying and repetitive they got since Johto and I just don't find them funny anymore and they just seem to be a waste of screentime imo. The serious versions of them are slightly better only because they don't appear in every episode and actually have some plot driven arcs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chasing The Sun
    Posts
    645

    Default

    My least favorite character is tie between Dawn's Pilup and Max.

    Piplup's voice was just so annoying and it was unbearable to watch the DP episodes in English for that reason. Max just got on my nerves constantly with all his whining and complaining. I couldn't stand AG because of him. It wouldn't have been so bad if they had Ash, Brock, and May travel together.

    3DS FC: 0748-3470-9720 ♥

    GIF Credit | Author's Profile | Tumblr
    Sailor Moon Club | PokeSpe Club

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Iris is annoying but she isn't my least favourite character of all (her voice hurts my ears). They have alot of Rivals in the Anime right now. (They could get rid of people like Luke and his Zorua, Cameron and Stefan).


    Ultimate Umbreon

  14. #139
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Latiken View Post
    For this reason, the final battle with Ash vs Paul was unsatisfying, because Paul did not take his strongest Pokemon with him, so it's basically saying that Paul is still the better trainer, even in defeat.
    He took different pokemon with him specifically because he didn't think ash was gonna bring the same pokemon (at first) that he 6-2'd at the lake back way back when. He thought ash would try to counter his pokemon with others, so aside from the obvious electrivire to take care of pikachu, his team was entirely different, and honestly, pretty well rounded. Ash however had a different idea, and paul figures it out about halfway through the match. (He brought the same pokemon from the lake in order to turn their frustration/anger into power and win the match. Infernape was really wanting to prove paul wrong.)


    As for my dislikes...

    I don't think there's a character I really dislike/hate. But basically all of the characters could of been handled in a little bit better way. Thats just unfortunately how it is.

    Well technically, I hated Iris for the first two episodes of best wishes, but I got over that after I calmed down about Dawn being kicked off. XD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    partying in animeland
    Posts
    335

    Default

    recently cameron was added on to my list of disliked characters, no one that stupid should have been able to obtain that many strong pokemon he was an insult to lucario trainers everywhere and it wouldnt surprise me if he was given those pokemon by some jerk who wanted to see ash fail.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

    Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Ok Dawn its not so much her I don't like it's more that she isn't dressed that dress is really just tank top. Also when something clicked I was really more fustrated by what they did to her because ultimately all they did was make her a adhd twist of character I really like she is younger version of Daisy without siblings with adhd and it bugs me for no real reason. She is definitelynot only 1 in show with adhd but at least most of them have their own character. And absolutely nothing wrong with adhd. Barry he makes me need a nap when I 1st saw him I wondered if he had energizer bunny batteries. He is just to much. Cilian what dose food and scent have to do with Pokemon battle yes Brock and Tracey kften rambled nonscenscly during battle but their wascq point they were trying to be helpful I'm sure cilian is also but constant talking about scents and savours make a character annoying. And did they have to give him drew color hair which raise many questions in my head.

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Ok, when I first started watching the anime way back when it came out, I was a big fan of Ash and his voice. After seeing each and every Pokemon movie, something just clicked in me and made me a bit ticked off. Why is Ash always the chosen one? And in those instances where he wasn't, he still had to butt his face into every single little situation his eternally 10 years old *** could find. Why does he always end up as some praised hero? What's the chance of one single boy becoming the "chosen" 265354893204973 times?

    Also, his gym battles. It always seems as if he lucks out and receives a badge just by helping the leader out a bit. Or if he's in a tight situation, he can magically pull himself out of it just by yelling at his Pokemon to "never give up" or something of the sort. No one wants to lose, that's for sure, but one can't stay standing forever.

    Help these dragons live, click on them.

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Grooseland
    Posts
    35

    Default

    At first I kinda liked Cameron, but the league just made me despise this kid. This kid is portrayed to be more of an idiot than Ash has been in Best Wishes and somehow he ends up with some pretty strong Pokemon like Hydregion, Samurott, and Lucario. Not only does this kid end up with this powerful team, the writers frequently shoved down our throats how stupid Cameron really is and I seriously got fed up with it. I just lost it when I heard he only brought FIVE freaking Pokemon to a FULL BATTLE and somehow walks away with the victory over Ash in what I think is his most humiliating league defeat ever. I think if his stupidity wasn't shoved down our throats I would've liked Cameron a lot more.
    Go Sinnoh team! Go!

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Characific Valley
    Posts
    20

    Default

    I dont like Georgia because a Dragon Buster is an odd err... occupation. The creators could have made a better rival for Iris...
    *****BURNING PASSION*****

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    242

    Default

    I don't like Paul, he was basically a worse version of Damien, and the worst part is, everyone (except Ash and co.) tried to justify his behavior (what kind of writing is this? XD)
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Here are some characters I dislike!

    ~~~Cilan~~~

    Hes one-dimensional, unfunny, bland, annoying (somebody shut this guy up!!), and instead of trying to create a compelling charcater, they just use him to see how many types of Conosseurs (I can't spell) they can make him, and also bad lines that are only beaten by DP-era trio. How many times do we NEED to hear "ITS ____ TIME!!!"? Neither that, nor his ___ Connsseur "gag" were funny the first time, now it's just old and pathetic. I liked him just fine in the games, but in the anime...this charcater is Cilan in name only. He's also a total Mary-Sue who can do no wrong, is perfect in every single way, doesn't get called out for either his actions or personality traits (well, Iris calls him out, but it's FUNNY!! LOLOLOL. Oh, and Burgundy, too, but WHO CARES ABOUT HER? SHES JUST JEALOUS!!!). He even sparkles!

    In a nutshell, he's basically Tamaki Ruby from Pokemon Adventures if all of his unlikable traits were exaggerated, mixed in with a little of Edward Cullen. Even DP Brock was better than this guy, which is saying something, considering how stale he was!

    ~~~Paul~~~

    He's boring, and so is the rivalry. He's powerful, yes, but he really has no personality. His backstory was sad, but it was pretty hard to feel sorry for him. Perhaps if he wasn't a douche to everyone he met, and wasn't a cardboard cutout, this wouldn't be the case. It does seem original on the surface, but when you actually witness it, it's just an overglorified "COTD is being mean to his Pokemon" subplot drawn out for almost 200 episodes! The actual rivalry was nothing more than "Ash and Paul meet up, Ash tries to be nice to him, Paul acts like a douche, Ash gets all whiny", each and every time.
    ~~~Cameron~~~

    What...an...idiot...nuff said.

    ~~~May~~~

    Unfunny, whiny character that annoyed me from beginning to end (if Veronica Taylor didn't voice her, Idk what I would do). Then in Battle Frontier, she was just stale (AND had a worse dub voice!). I did like the angle they tried to take with her (girl doesn't like Pokemon), but it wasn't fully explored. In fact, it didn't even last for more than a full episode.

    ~~~Max~~~

    Annoying kid who served no purpose whatsoever, and went nowhere as a character (coughlikeChristopherThorndykecough)What was the point of even having him there if they wouldn't do much with him? It seems like he was just there so kids could go "Oh look that could be me hanging out with Ash!!"

    ~~~Ash (post-OS)~~~

    In Hoenn and BF, he got really boring, being nothing more than a marketing tool. His Pokemon-related traits (love for battling, for example) became flanderized, and with each and every movie that came out, he became more and more of a Mary-Sue, especially as he was revealed to be a descendant of an Aura Guardian (who came up with this crap?). Aura didn't serve any purpose after that (aside from a Sinnoh episode or two), its only purpose was to make Ash seem more like a "special Cryogonal", when in reality, he's just another cliched archetype. No matter how many times he gets to be the Chosen One, it won't change that. Then in Sinnoh, he was at his asolute WORST. He would only become more boring, and more flanderized, and more inconsistent. They tried to make him more "mature" than ever, but in reality, he only grew as a trainer. This just made his moments of immaturity stand out even more, and they were more exaggerated too. Certain other traits only came to light when the plot demanded it, not to use him as a real character.

    Now in Unova, he's just a joke of a trainer AND a character. He can be amusing sometimes, but it has more to do with the circumstances surrounding him than him as an actual character. People say he's like Kanto Ash, but I disagree: He's Kanto Ash's bad traits if he were less endearing, rolled in with the dullness of Hoenn/BF/Sinnoh Ash.

    Before anyone asks, it has nothing to do with the voice.


    ~marioluigifan05
    Last edited by moneylesswario; 25th March 2013 at 4:42 PM.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

    Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    142

    Default

    I have not watched it in a while but Giovanni I kinda dislike. I mean,he wants team rocket to steal pokemon from trainers.

    I dont know who Paul is but he sounds bad also :S

    Butch and Cassy [I think thats how her name is spelled] ticked me of in the episode where they made there pokemon REALLY mad and made them have to through all that anger just to make there attacks stronger :S

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Basement, York
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Trip - He was arrogant from the first episode, a clear character trait. During this period he loses to Bianca and Cilan, as well as drawing with Ash, remains arrogant. He then moves onto the Junior Cup where he destroys his opponents with incredible skill and power, overcoming blatant type advantages he makes it to the final and battles Alder's Bouffalont, one of the strongest Pokémon in Unova by the way. After losing, he stops being arrogant, and guess what 5 minutes later he loses to Pikachu. Good job buddy, good job.

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Cilan. Good lord do I hate Cilan. He is by far the most over-the-top annoyance in Pokemon. Just about everything out of his mouth is a cooking reference. yes Cilan, you're a cook, we get it. And being a connoisseur of everything under the sun! While Brock was more predictable with his theatrics, he was entertaining, just as long as they had someone human holding him back with quips of their own, not Croagunk poison jabbing him all the time. I never thought I would ever hate a traveling companion of Ash's, but Cilan does the impossible right there.
    Last edited by Zorupix; 27th April 2013 at 11:49 PM.

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    Trip - He was arrogant from the first episode, a clear character trait. During this period he loses to Bianca and Cilan, as well as drawing with Ash, remains arrogant. He then moves onto the Junior Cup where he destroys his opponents with incredible skill and power, overcoming blatant type advantages he makes it to the final and battles Alder's Bouffalont, one of the strongest Pokémon in Unova by the way. After losing, he stops being arrogant, and guess what 5 minutes later he loses to Pikachu. Good job buddy, good job.
    Well maybe if he stayed arrogant, he would have won. Would you like that instead? The reason they changed his attitude is because most didn't like it along with him beating Ash but losing to other trainers. The writers basically failed on his part whole heartedly. There was no excuse for that and the crappy battle he and Ash had in the league. If Trip needed to stay being a douche bag in order to have had a much better battle out of them, then I rather have him stay arrogant.

    My ideal battle ever!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •