Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: *READ THE FIRST POST!!!* Characters You Dislike

While I do like Dawn, I absolutely hate her Piplup. He has an incredibly annoying voice in the dub, he's very weak and he's one of the most overrated Pokemon ever. He's a Pikachu wannabe. I'm looking forward to the day he gets pwned by a Life Orb Thunder from a 252 SpA+ Thundurus-T that used Nasty Plot 3 times.
    Last edited by UbersSuck20; 2nd May 2013 at 3:04 PM.

My least favorite characters is Kenny. He always called Dawn by an embarassing nickname and tried to get her attention. In DP180 he was a jealouse jerk.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

TR ( why they still here ) , Zoey ( Mary-sue ), and Ash ( i dont care about what he achive in league how he battle etc i just dont care about him anymore)
    Welcome Gen VI

even i dont i care about him i still think he is badass trainer to

Ash's time should end. seriously.
    Team Rocket needs to go, too.
    Why don't we just get a full revamp? -.-

#1) DP Brock. I hate him with such an inflamed, burning, fiery passion...that is not Brock...no, no, no. I don't like his personality, flirting, shafting, I didn't like Brock's voice actor here, he was very rough and too deep, which is a shame because in all other seasons I've heard Brock besides DP in the current dub, Bill Rogers is quite good as Brock: almost as good as Eric Stuart, actually. Here, Brock doesn't get the proper respect he deserves to me. To compare him to the OS Brock-BF Brock is just an insult and very wrong. He's not a bad character, but jeez, talk about taking one of the funniest and most likeable characters on this show and making him into that kind of character. I love Brock, but I simply can't stand him in DP. He was my second favorite character, too, until DP happened. T_T

#2) Zoey. Well, she's mean, rude, harsh, full of herself, and cocky. Don't like her at all.

#3) Georgia. See Zoey. She even ate Cilan's food for no reason, is rude to Iris, has a big ego...yeesh.

#4) Ash. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED this guy in OS and AG (and liked him at the end of DP). He was my absolute favorite character. I loved Veronica Taylor's voice for him, she was beyond perfect for him and I say was so good, she was BETTER than even Rica Matsumoto in my eyes, and now I even actually like Sarah Natochenny's voice for him in BW (believe me, I never thought I would ever say this), but I hate what this character has become himself. He used to be such a selfless and caring trainer (caring for Charizard when it was weak by rubbing his hands raw, shielding Chikorita and Snorunt from the cold, taking blasts to protect his Pokemon, getting vine whipped by a Venusaur to protect Bulbasaur) and now all he cares about is battles (see DP) and "oh well, if I lose, there's always another 3-4 years, right Pikachu?" (BW). What have they done to him? That's not Ash at all! :'(

#5) DP TRio; BW Team Rocket (Goofy Form Only)- Imagine taking the most developed, witty, funny, and badass characters on the show, and making them unlikeable and annoying every time they appear. That's what they've done to Team Rocket. I remember when they actually had personalities and were able to express a broad amount of range in their emotions. Now it's just this same tired old repetitive formula that has never changed in the case of these two forms of Team Rocket. It's sad to see them go down like this.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 29th July 2013 at 11:58 PM.
    My Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. TCG: Wizards of the Coast > PUSA > TPCi
    7. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    #2) Zoey. Well, she's mean, rude, harsh, full of herself, and cocky. Don't like her at all.
    I found her actually the most helpful main rival in the show, she helped and gave advise to Dawn lots of times - that doesn't come across as mean or rude does it? Most of the other main rivals don't do that, well Trip kinda did.

#4) Ash. He used to be such a selfless and caring trainer (caring for Charizard when it was weak by rubbing his hands raw, shielding Chikorita and Snorunt from the cold, taking blasts to protect his Pokemon, getting vine whipped by a Venusaur to protect Bulbasaur) and now all he cares about is battles (see DP) and "oh well, if I lose, there's always another 3-4 years, right Pikachu?" (BW). What have they done to him? That's not Ash at all! :'(
    I rather have you not loving Ash instead, tbh. I'll give you a few examples; he went into a ball of fire to stop his Chimchar from going crazy with his ability; Blaze in DP. And he never stated such a thing in BW he was proud that Pikachu battled so hard for him and happy that his friend at least won - character development he received as early back in the Kanto League. They changed his clothes. No it's Goku on a bad day everyday. :P

#5) DP TRio; BW Team Rocket (Goofy Form Only)- Now it's just this same tired old repetitive formula that has never changed in the case of these two forms of Team Rocket. It's sad to see them go down like this.
    Yeah, I guess. But that means they went down before Kanto even finished if it's repetitive.

I hope this helps it probably won't since it doesn't, disliking characters can be frustrating and not many people like to do it but it's natural I guess. /obvious lol

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by Ash&Pikachu-Fan View Post
    I found her actually the most helpful main rival in the show, she helped and gave advise to Dawn lots of times - that doesn't come across as mean or rude does it? Most of the other main rivals don't do that, well Trip kinda did.

I rather have you not loving Ash instead, tbh. I'll give you a few examples; he went into a ball of fire to stop his Chimchar from going crazy with his ability; Blaze in DP. And he never stated such a thing in BW he was proud that Pikachu battled so hard for him and happy that his friend at least won - character development he received as early back in the Kanto League. They changed his clothes. No it's Goku on a bad day everyday. :P

Yeah, I guess. But that means they went down before Kanto even finished if it's repetitive.

I hope this helps it probably won't since it doesn't, disliking characters can be frustrating and not many people like to do it but it's natural I guess. /obvious lol
    About Zoey: I didn't mind that at all. It was when she was really condescending to Ash on occasion and seemed to have this air of superiority to Dawn and Ash sometimes.

About Ash: Don't get me wrong-- Ash used to be my favorite character, but I've noticed he lost a lot of his defining character traits over the years. Call me crazy, but he doesn't seem the same anymore. I mean, sure I like that they brought back his goofy personality in BW, but his emotions aren't nearly as genuine or believable as they were in earlier arcs.

The Chimchar parts of DP are the only time I really liked Ash in DP, besides the League. Other than that, DP had my least favorite incarnation of Ash. He wasn't himself in a lot of ways, and took himself too seriously to the point of losing his personality somewhat, if that makes sense.

I'll always enjoy Ash in his earlier arcs, though. He was just more emotional back then and he seemed more focused and driven to me.

About TRio: Yup, pretty much.
    My Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. TCG: Wizards of the Coast > PUSA > TPCi
    7. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC

I think Barry was my most disliked character.
    He was so annoying that I had to mute my laptop.
    why people like him, I'll never know.

Jessie, James and Meowth. They were fine for the first season, I guess. But like... They just got repetitive to the point where it's painful to watch. In Best Wishes, it seemed they redeemed themselves by actually becoming real villains buuuuuut... That didn't last too long... Yeah, I've lost all hope in Jessie, James and Meowth. Like I said, likable in Kanto, but doing the same thing for 800+ episodes... I don't even know if repetitive can describe that...
    Last edited by Akarui Hoshi; 23rd October 2013 at 7:38 PM.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...emon-Series%29

Click this link to check out the official thread for my Pokémon fan series: Pokémon Bright Dreams!

Iris, I really dislike her because she constantly callas everyone a little kid, when she's a kid herself. She doesn't even act mature. Also she won't evolve her Axew even though he actually wants to evolve.
    Cilan, he states the obvious way too much for his own good. Plus its annoying how he compares everything to food.
    And odf course Team Rocket, I mean they were pretty okay in Kanto, but as time went on and they just kept on being repitive, it got so bad by the time in Sinnoh even the main charcters got sick of them. Of course they were epic in the beginning of Unova but somehoe digressed.
    Misty, she has way too much of a temper and abuses poor Ash.
    Check out my original story: Forbidden Book
    http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3163587/1/Forbidden-Book

[IMG]http://sngk.net/upioUz/img1[/IMG]
    A Saga of pain, love, and revenge

Cameron.

He was portrayed as stupid, or scatterbrained or whatever way you want to put it, that even if I were to agree that Ash is stupid, I'd have to put Cameron a different category just for himself. (If you think that was bashing, I wasn't my intention, I have no other way to put this, but it doesn't end there but let me finish this point). He doesn't know where the league takes place, he doesn't know how many badges it takes to get in the league, he doesn't think to register for the league, he doesn't realize a full battle means 6 on 6. I mean that has to be stupid right.

But then things get incredibly worse.

Despite his lack of normal intelligence, he has powerful brute strength Pokemon, that quite frankly he doesn't even deserve, and to top it off, he beats Ash only having 5 Pokemon against Ash's six Pokemon.

I don't know what Ash did to piss the writers off, but that Cameron glorification was an awful way to kick Ash out of the league.

I mean I know Ritchie was technically worse because that can't even be called a battle, while this technically can, in a lot of other ways it was worse. I mean for one thing Ritchie was the beginning of the entire anime series...so that might pass of as reasonable excuse...but Cameron?

Look at it this way, Ritchie wasn't annoying to me, he wasn't exactly a very likable character, but he didn't exude this aura which made me hate him.

Cameron on the other hand, seemed like he was written specifically to be a joke, and yet the joke seemed to get the last laugh, in regards to Ash.

I honestly am so puzzled as to what the hell the writers were thinking. I didn't like the idea of Ash losing to Virgil, really, but Virgil has got to be a much more likable character, that Ash not losing to him, just made no sense, and why they included Cameron for Ash to lose to, just makes me say "What the hell?"

I mean was it primarily an "F-U" to the fans by the writers, who think that Ash wouldn't regress at all, an "F-U" to all the fans who complain about the show. I honestly don't know. But Cameron, was the worst mistake I believe the writers made.

Maybe it wasn't the character itself, maybe it was beating Bianca, and then that horribly written battle against Ash in which Ash loses and Cameron wins, maybe it was all that.

But looking back, I think at best I only had a neutral opinion of Cameron, actually I'm not even sure if it was neutral, I think I may have actually disliked him, I'd have to look, but regardless, I really dislike how they included Cameron and had him beat Ash in the worst way.

I don't think I would have had as much of a problem if it was a random battle between them, but a league battle, especially one that followed the battle with Stephan, it makes me wonder, what the hell was the point?

Why couldn't Ash have lost to Virgil? If they were pressed for time (which they weren't), why not just have Ash battle Virgil and lose. Why Cameron? Why was it necessary for Ash to battle and lose to Cameron? Sure it might've made his inclusion pointless, but it isn't like there was any justification for his inclusion in the first place.

Look I would be fine if Ash lost to a basic character like Cameron but not when its important, and the quality was written as badly as a fanfic of someone who despises Ash Ketchum (although I'm sure technically it would've been worse).

Point is, I dislike Cameron, entirely, I felt his inclusion was unnecessary, pointless, and not well executed.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

In terms of Pokemon and team structure, Ash getting starters has always been an important issue for me. The starters are usually my favourite Pokemon. But there are two characters in Ash's team that are my least favourite ever.

Obviously the original series is my favourite and a big part of that was the Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle factor. Bulbasaur and Squirtle, on their own, are two great characters and Pokemon, and the relationship and interactions between them just strengthen that. Bulbasaur was stubborn but powerful and fiercely loyal, whilst Squirtle was hilarious. On the other hand, Charmander broke free from them and became Charizard, arguably one of Ash's more popular Pokemon, and one we saw so much development from. I can safely see I'm a huge fan of all three of them.

Moving over to the Johto region, we saw Ash get Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile. Now, admittedly I don't think Ash's Johto team is anywhere near his best, but it did have potential. Chikorita's "love" for Ash and potential for a rivalry with Pikachu could've been awesome. Cyndaquil started off as weak and lazy, often asleep and took a while to "warm up" and get its flame on, but had clear potential to improve and become a big hitter. Totodile, on the other hand, I always found hilarious, and I found its enthusiasm and effervescence quite infectious. Problem was we didn't see all that much development. Chikorita became Bayleef, but that was it and we never saw much else of it. I don't think there is much difference between Bayleef and Meganium, so it might as well have become one and I feel if it had it would've become one of Ash's memorable powerful Pokemon. Despite its potential for improvement, Cyndaquil didn't really, and we didn't see it evolve until the Lily of the Valley Conference, which to be honest was pointless in my opinion. If Cyndaquil was going to be anything, if should've become Quilava/ Typhlosion during the Johto series. Now nothing has really changed with Totodile, which is disappointing as it had fan-favourite potential, though I don't think it would've suited becoming a Feraligatr.

Now we move over to the Hoenn series, where I will discuss the only two Pokemon of Ash's I genuinely loathe, Corphish and Torkoal. Firstly though, I'd just like to say I've never understood the AG Series and Gen III love, I find them very overrated. Anyway, Ash gets a Treecko which eventually becomes a Sceptile. The whole time it was in Ash's team, I thought it was a good, solid character who had some interesting development. Meanwhile, May gets a Torchic which eventually becomes a Blaziken, and Brock gets a Mudkip which eventually becomes a Marshtomp. I can't fault May's Torchic > Blaziken, but I think Brock's Mudkip > Marshtomp is possibly the biggest waste of a Pokemon ever. Completely unmemorable and pointless. So because May and Brock have Torchic and Mudkip, Ash gets Torkoal and Corphish as his Fire/ Water types. Someone on serebii once said that Corphish is possibly the funniest Pokemon Ash has ever had. Well I certainly don't see it. I found Corphish boring, unmemorable and totally unfunny and the same can be said for Torkoal, who's crybaby antics I just found annoying. I'm informed that apparently Ash having a Dark-type at this point in time was a complete no go, and maybe Corphish becoming Crawdaunt would've saved it, who knows? But anyway, I can safely say I've never disliked Pokemon of Ash's as much as those two and it nearly put me off Ash getting non-starter Grass, Fire and Water types.

Onto the Sinnoh region, which I feel was one of the better series after the first one, and Ash gets Turtwig, as many would've predicted. It becomes Torterra and is "ok", but I wouldn't say it is Ash's best or most memorable by a long stretch. Then he gets Paul's Chimchar, which eventually becomes Infernape and is one of Ash's more memorable Pokemon, having a great story but perhaps the Blaze thing was a tad overused. When I saw Dawn got Piplup I genuinely worried as to what would happen with Ash, would he get another Corphish? However, he ends up getting a Buizel who I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed and it definitely undid a lot of the damage that Corphish did. I can safely say I look back at Ash's Sinnoh team as a good one, though I think more could've been done with Gible.

Ash's Unova region, for me, had a load of potential. He got Oshawott, Tepig and Snivy, which made me happy, but he also got a Sewaddle and a Palpitoad, as well as a Scraggy and Roggenrola. I genuinely thought this team was going to be great, and fully expected Ash to finish up with a Dewott (because it is so awesome, Buizel-ish), Emboar, Serperior, Leavanny, Seismitoad, Scrafty and Gigalith (in some sort of Trade with Trip storyline), but he didn't. I didn't think Leavanny and Palpitoad were particularly well done or memorable. Boldore was ok but nothing special. Being an Egg Pokemon I can handle Scraggy not evolving, maybe something which can happen in the future? As stated at the beginning, starters are always a big thing for me. I liked Tepig and Snivy's back stories, but I don't really think the Pokemon have developed as well as they could've. Oshawott reminded me a bit of Cyndaquil in terms of its space for improvement, learning how to use Aquajet, etc, but overall the Unova team was a disappointing one for me.

Onto Kalos, early days yet but I like the look of Ash's Froakie, and I don't like Fennekin as a Pokemon so I'm glad he isn't getting it. Will be interested to see what happens with the rest of his team.

I welcome any comments/ discussion if you think I am wrong about Ash's Corphish and Ash's Torkoal.

Ash's Corphish was a hilarious Pokemon, I don't see why you didn't find it funny. It was basically a comic relief pokemon like Totodile done right. It also has loads of humourous scenes in the various Hoenn fillers.

Torkoal was indeed kind of a waste, but they had to give Ash some type of fire pokemon and didn't want to give him Numel/Camerupt. Remember Hoenn didn't even have many fire pokemon to begin with.

The shippers are making me hate Serena. They're the cancer of this fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Lol How come??

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Cameron

words
    I completely agree with everything you posted, hell I didn't even watch the battle after I learned Cameron would beat Ash with 5 pokemon. I figured to hell with finishing this league lol. Nothing could possibly justify Ash being obliterated by someone who doesn't even know the most obvious things.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Ash's Corphish was a hilarious Pokemon, I don't see why you didn't find it funny. It was basically a comic relief pokemon like Totodile done right. It also has loads of humourous scenes in the various Hoenn fillers.
    Yeah Corphish was pretty amusing.

You could like, you know not read what they say. Posts/Blogs/Whatever are completely optional to read.

Also tbh it's dumb to hate something because of the people who like it. Seriously, whether Serena turns out to be a good character or not has nothing to do with the shippers.
    Last edited by Canada; 27th October 2013 at 10:01 PM.

They're the cancer of this fandom.
    I love you

1- Ash (DP/BW): In the former, he's just a boring battle machine. In the latter, he's a chump who you can't root for.
    2- Misty (Johto (late)): All she ever does is observe things, and pull Brock's ear.
    3- Brock (late Johto - DP): See Misty, only instead of ear pulling, he's flirting with some random girl.
    4- James (AG/DP)- Instead of just being an emotional, sensitive character like in OS, he was a complete pussy you didn't even feel sorry for.
    5- Jessie (AG/DP)- Rather than just be a blunt, straight up woman, she's an overemotional, raging ***** who you can't root for, and don't even get me started on contests!
    6- Meowth (AG/DP)- When he's not breaking up with his team for stupid reasons, he's being gay for da boss and having weird fantasies about him. Let's not get started on last two English dub voices, or his writing sometime after Dig Those Diglett.

Iris hands down is my least favourite character. She continually keeps calling everyone a kid when she is clearly a kid herself -.-
    Also her design is terrible imo. I mean what's up with the hair? When I first saw her and it was revealed she would be part of the cast, I honestly thought it was a joke.

No one is "making you" hate anyone. You judge a character based on the actual character themself, not the fans of said character.

“Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power,
    and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.”

FIFA WC 2014

They're the cancer of this fandom.
    I can understand why, but do realize that not all shippers are the same. A few can be annoying, but a few matured enough not to take shipping to the main discussion. If you think shipping is the cancer of the fandom, then good news, they have been surgically removed and placed somewhere below where you won't be bothered by them.

Piplup. Oshawott. Axew.

Basically any mascot-wannabe deems my hatred. I seriously hate these Pokemon. They hog the screen time with their antics that are not funny after their debut episode and yet we see these Pokemon being shoved onto our faces with tons of fillers running around them. Piplup for example ruined Dawn for me. I want Dawn to return to the main cast just like how Pokemonfan132 wants Misty to return the show (which means we know realistically that they won't return but we do hope), but the fact that Dawn returns also means Piplup returns (Everstone sealing any kind of hope for believers) kinda makes me wanna have Dawn away from the show. Because as much as I love Dawn, I will not tolerate that mascot-wannabe

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by givepriceachance View Post
    1- Ash (DP/BW): In the former, he's just a boring battle machine. In the latter, he's a chump who you can't root for.
    2- Misty (Johto (late)): All she ever does is observe things, and pull Brock's ear.
    3- Brock (late Johto - DP): See Misty, only instead of ear pulling, he's flirting with some random girl.
    4- James (AG/DP)- Instead of just being an emotional, sensitive character like in OS, he was a complete pussy you didn't even feel sorry for.
    5- Jessie (AG/DP)- Rather than just be a blunt, straight up woman, she's an overemotional, raging ***** who you can't root for, and don't even get me started on contests!
    6- Meowth (AG/DP)- When he's not breaking up with his team for stupid reasons, he's being gay for da boss and having weird fantasies about him. Let's not get started on last two English dub voices, or his writing sometime after Dig Those Diglett.
    I felt that Misty actually got most focus in late Johto if anything. In Master Quest she finally got some much needed character growth and focus on water master career through Whirl islands, nice interactions with various trainers like Sakura, Dorian, Egan etc, showing lot of spunk, sarcasm and agitation in more mature, way bringing lot of humor and flare in group dynamic. While catching new pokemon(Corsola), evolving older ones(Poliwhirl) and playing fun subrole in several episodes like Ninetales posessing Brock, helping return stolen Eevee forms from Kimono sisters, trying to pair up romantic couple on silver island etc.

Brock played some notable role in later Johto too helping in solving issues or resolving clues about pokemon like Slowking, evolved his Pineco when encountering Entei, helping to battle TR stopping them from stealing Gyarados, entertaining audience with his songs(i believe its called Takeshi Paradise)when others tried to get stolen pokemon back etc.

If anything i believe both had best focus here, and worst in mid Johto as far as Johto goes with quite a few episode revolving around some pointless COTD and its pokemon preventing them and even Ash from properly displaying characterization and be more proactive due to center of focus not being on them.

Mhmhmh, let's start at once...

Paul - Paul was one of a kind, seriously. I always disliked him, while most people wanted him more on the show. His way to treat Pokémon, interact with humans, the way he look at your face... He was selfish, what can I tell you. Okay, his Pokémon were maybe strong and all, but he had no kindness, and just seeing him made me mad. He was cocky, over confident and thought he was the king of the world. Oh boy was I happy when Ash finally defeated that guy.

Cameron - I thought he was funny at first, but his repetitive band slap became annoying, his Lucario/Riolu was annoying, his way to forget everything quickly became annoying... But it was really that battle during the Unova League that lighten the fire inside of me. He won with 5 Pokémon, his over powered Lucario that regain all its health once it evolved, his Hydreigon destorying everything and making some of the worst type matchups that could ever exist in the Pokémon world. Everything from that character wasn't right.

Kenny - Oh god, this one. Just this one. He beats them all. His arrogant way to talk to Dawn (even though it's to bother her friendly, I didn't like it), his appearance and his voice (just his voice make him worst than the other two), the character overall was lacking, his jealousy toward Ash, even though Ash is totally oblivious... Just seeing him appearing made me wanting to punch him because how much I hate him.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 10th April 2014 at 12:43 AM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account ا my shiny hunting Youtube channel
    my shiny hunting Google+ page

Spoiler:- Current shiny hunts:

I used to like almost every character in the series but, as time went on, I began hating almost every new character introduced and started hating some of the old ones.

Top 3 least favourites (in order):

Iris
    Easily my least favourite anime character. When Iris was first released I wasn't too fond of her design (I thought her hair looked stupid) and her childish personality in BW was somewhat annoying but I could live with it. When she appeared in the anime as Ash's travelling companion I was really disappointed as I was hoping for the BW protagonist or Bianca to be his companion. Her personality quickly became extremely annoying, her Axew being the only Pokemon to obey her constantly was just stupid and her calling Ash a kid constantly just made me want to punch her. I'm glad she's gone and, if she appears in the XY series at some point, I'll be skipping those episodes.

Bianca
    I really liked Bianca in the games. She was fun and had a cute design. What happened to her in the anime was, for me, a real letdown. She became extremely stupid and dimwitted which, I felt, did nothing but make the BW series even more unbearable. I'm somewhat glad she wasn't Ash's travelling companion for this but also feel, that if she was, she'd have a much better personality.

Cameron
    Another one-series rival for Ash. Unlike the others though Cameron was really stupid which was extremely annoying, especially when he was shown to have good Pokemon which he did not deserve to have (IMO). How is he still alive let alone a trainer? I also don't know how he got away with entering the league with 5 Pokemon and thought the UNOVA league was in JOHTO.

Others:
    Iris's Dragonite - angry and aggressive which doesn't suit Dragonite at all
    Iris's Emolga - annoying voice and attitude and uses Attract (a move I hate) to get her way, also dislike the Pokemon in general
    Kenny - "Dee-dee, Dee-dee, Dee-d..." *shot*
    Tobias - uses 2 legendary Pokemon, ones I don't like at that. Only not in the top 3 cause I really like his name
    Burgundy - pointless and annoying character
    Geogria - same as Burgundy
    Cilan - disappointing Brock replacement. Constant food references got tiring
    Barry - bland character, constant fining threats were annoying both in game and in the anime
    Trip - I found him too similar to Paul
    Max - Unnecessary
    Bonnie - Unnecessary
    Stephan - everyone pronouncing his name wrong is just copying the fact that everyone gets Butch's name wrong, however it isn't funny as he doesn't take offense to it
    Ash's Oshawott - it's a water-type that can't open its eyes underwater. Even I can do that

Cameron.
    Do I need to explain?
    Credit: The Under

So, a "characters you dislike thread" - where to start?

Human Characters:

1) Team Rocket Trio - once they were good characters. Once they were a threat. Once they were funny. Now the characters are stale. Now they are an annoyance rather than a threat. Now the gag is old and tired. Any pokemon given to them now is just a tragic waste of a creature that will never be allowed to achieve anything new its full potential. Jessie doesn't even have her contest thing to fall back on anymore - like or hate contests, at least it gave her something different to do!

2) Trip - I know he has his fans, but he's a rival who simply failed to deliver. Inititally appearing to be a Paul #II, he was just a letdown who appeared to rely largely upon both his Serperior and Conkelldur to get things done. The rest of his pokemon were one-time only appearances were never known to evolve - Tranquill, Frillish, Lampent and Vanillite. They tried to give him an extra element by adding in his facination with Alder, but I just couldn't bring myself to care about it. In addition Ash's repeated losses to him early on did more to damage people's opinions of Ash, and of the Best Wishes series as a whole, than Ash's one time mistake of trying to catch a Deerling without weaking it, or anything else for that matter.

3) Iris - I'm just going to come out and say it - There was a time to have a dragon-type specialist in the main cast, and the Best Wishes Series (pre Black2/White2) wasn't it. Dragon types are few and far between anyway, and as the likes of Lance and Clair have made clear, sometimes a dragon-type speciallist needs to pad their team out with a few dragon-like pokemon, such as Gyarados or Aerodactyl. Even this Iris could barely have done - Serperior she could have gotten away with, Krookodile if Ash didn't have it, Archeops if she were so inclined. But the writers didn't take her this way. She had a grand total of four pokemon, two of which were not only not-dragons but also almost as un-dragon-like as it is possible to be. Her main pokemon expressed a desire to evolve all the way to its final form, but never even came close to evolving just once! Then to cap it all off they eventually realise that they haven't really spent any time on her character or her goal and just randomly decide to dump a Dragonite on her - a pokemon previously acknowledged in the anime to be rare, powerful and requires a powerful trainer to handle. They may just as well have given her a Rayquazza and had done with it!
    Ultimately, I think that Iris would have done better being Ash's main rival. They could have built her team slowly and made her into an actual, believable threat at the league, if she'd had a similar backstory to the version of her found in the games (trained in Johto, then by Drayden etc, etc)

4) Cameron - Do I really need to explain this one? This guy is the most frustating, annoying and dumb trainer ever, and Ash lost to him. That this happened only lowers my respect for most of Ash's Unova-caught pokemon. His introduction was also pointless. There were more than enough rivals in Unova already, and we already had Virgil for filling the role of "one to knock Ash out of the league." It also felt like they relgated Trip to being knocked out in round one in order to fit Cameron in - I might even have respected or even liked Trip more if we had gotten to see him and Ash in a six-on-six battle at the league!

Pokemon

1) Oshawott - Really you want me to explain this as well? Okay, Oshawott was okay to begin with, but developed in no way as a character, other than learning to open its eyes under water. It was a gag at the start and a gag at the end... a tired, worn-out old gag that just annoyed everyone watching. Seriously, near the end if Oshawott was sent into battle, I'd change the channel or something and turn back once the inevitable loss happened. i've never watched Ash's battle with Cheren all the way through - by that point the outcome was obvious to everybody except the absolute most die-hard Wotter fans who simply could not accept that Oshawott was Ash's equivalent of Misty's Psyduck. No, hang on... that's not fair on Psyduck. I actually liked Psyduck. Everything about Oshawott just irritated me to no end, from his personality to his abysmal record in battle to his mvoes. God, don't get me started on those moves. It still clung to Tackle during the league, even with so many other options available. Then there was Aqua Jet, a decent enough move, but we'd already spend all of the DP series watching Buizel do that, and early on Oshawott was looking to be a Buizel-clone (though thankfully they steered away from that, though only by making Oshawott rubbish.) Water Gun was just a standard move, and admittedly Razor Shell gave it some uniqueness (some, not a lot!), but then there was Hydro Pump. To me, giving Oshawott Hydro Pump was a lot like giving Iris Dragonite - the character is under-developed, let's give it somethign powerful to try and make up for it. The problem is that Palpitoad already had Hydro Pump - Leavanny never learned Leaf Blade or Leaf Storm because Snivy had them both, Boldore forgot Stone Edge because Krookodile knew it as well, so why give Oshawott Hydro Pump when Palpitoad not only already had it, but used it so well? (I'll admit that my not liking Oshawott is also partly infuenced by the relegation of Palpitoad!) I hated that Oshawott got Hydro Pump, I mean, it'd be like giving Axew Outrage and Giga Impact to go with Scratch and Dragon Rage... oh, wait...

2) Actually, I don't think that there is a second pokemon to add to this list. My intense dislike of Oshawott has made me realise that I don't actually dislike any of the others that have ever belonged to any of the main cast or their rivals, and any problems that I may have had with them in the past are now tolerable, because I can just go "Well, at least it's not Oshawott..." So I guess Oshawott was good for something, after all - it made me so mad at it, that I dislike others less.
    Last edited by Sprinter1988; 11th December 2013 at 8:17 PM.
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast