Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: *READ THE FIRST POST!!!* Characters You Dislike

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmeh View Post
    I don't like Iris. She strikes me as being a tad snotty. For instance, in "Nyagotiaor Nyarth", when Meowth is just trying to help, she has to kick him down by saying: "Don't your plans always fail?"

Way to look a gift-horse in the mouth. He puts out to you, and you dump on him.
    I agree with what this user said about Iris. And she talks WAY too much when Ash is doing his gym battles. So he used Oshawott instead of Pidove. What's so bad about that?

I dislike Bianca as well. Not only is she retarded, she's starting to get disturbing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LilyTwo View Post

Being a jerk to someone who spent her whole debut episode insulting and belittling you,
    Deservingly. Not to mention how Iris was hardly not-jerkish in that episode, either.

not to mention wolfing down your own breakfast, is only natural, I'd say.
    Iris reaction to this was negligible, it was more jerkish towards Ash(who really cares about food), and Cilan(insulting a master chef's cooking).

And sorry, but I think Ursula was a lot nicer - and that's saying a lot, at least Ursula admitted when she was beaten.[/spoil]
    And when has Georgia failed to do so?

Vs Iris: Won all three fights(though the one was weirdly called a draw).
    Vs Ash: Admitted defeat, but blamed it on the field- and again, she was correct in that.

Iris on the other hand was undeservingly arrogant in the Don Battles:
    "You really think you can beat me?"- She's done so THRICE, Iris.

Also, Georgia is yet to pull any stunt that equals the jerkishness of actual identity theft, especially for use in a documentary. Iris is magnitudes bigger a jerk than Georgia or even Burgundy(who absolutely clobbers Georgia in the jerk department as well).

It's pretty dang sad that Georgia is the more sympathetic of the rivals when they meet.
    Last edited by RWB; 24th March 2012 at 10:15 PM.
    Help spread the Dragonbuster Love!
    Hail to Saint Georgia!

I was never to fond of Brock. Since we couldn't see his eyes, I felt that the writers replacing him might have been better but then I got used to him. But he needed to do alittle more that's all.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

Please don't hate me but Gary was never my favorite. He was always yapping about him being better than Ash and yet we barely saw him. He had way too many Pokemon and he was always so far ahead. Atleast with the later rivals, Ash got caught up once in a while so that there was some development in his part. And I never got what the whole girl thing was and why the girls never showed up anymore after Kanto.

Alder: You wanna know what's better than battling?
    Ash: What?
    Alder: Eating hotdogs and battling!
    Trip: My God, It's like looking into the future.

Why haven't I noticed this thread before?

Anyway, I don't like Misty. And I'll explain why.

-I didn't like that when the writers chose her that since she had red hair(which was really orange) that she had to be loud and mean unlike with the other girls.
    -I didn't like how just like with Iris that she just stood there for episodes at a time unless it was an extreme emergency. If there was no Team Rocket there, would she have even used her pokemon?
    -Now for the Princess festival thing, if only they had told her to used all of her own Pokemon, I would have been happier.
    -When Togepi came, it's like she was motionless from then on. I knew it was a baby but I felt that she did less with it then before.
    -When OS came, she was brought attention but not the right kind. That was when they should have let her and her alone do a water competition.
    -Then in Johto, she didn't do anything until the Whirl islands beating Ash who had battled more than her, yet for some reason her strength was unknown.
    -And lastly, When she had her camoe in AG and her chronicals, they should have found a closure to end her story completely without bringing her back due to Ash or the fact they were in the same region.

Next off is Tracey. I don't wanna say that I dislike him but I felt that he should have ben given more attention since he was new and Ash and Misty weren't. But I felt he was in the background alot doing nothing. And then in the movie, he wasn't even there due to that stupid girl on girl plot and the legendaries. The writers needed to do more for him.
    I get why he has to pop up now and then because he works with Professor Oak and that is supposed to be one of his dreams but give the guy more to do.

My ideal battle ever!

Interestingly enough i never understood purpose behind Casey. Its not that i hated her,m but she seemed like failed attempt to give Ash proper female rival being showed for grand total of three times in whole Johto failing to qualify for league and ever battle him again.

I wasnt too keen on Tobias either. He was one dimensional your typical last minute introduced character whose sole purpose was in preventing main protagonist from going all way to top being portrayed as Gary Sue which relied heavily on lgendary pokemon to accomplish his aims.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    -I didn't like how just like with Iris that she just stood there for episodes at a time unless it was an extreme emergency. If there was no Team Rocket there, would she have even used her pokemon?
    She did used her pokemon when she entered competitions and battled other trainers, though admittedly it wasnt very often.

-When Togepi came, it's like she was motionless from then on. I knew it was a baby but I felt that she did less with it then before.
    Not sure what this had to do with anything, but Misty was equally active both before and after Togepi came. She was also full of persona too, with taking care of baby pokemon showing different sides of character not being only short tempered shouting on everything.
    Granted in Johto she was neglected at times but that was due to poor writing and writers inexperience.

-Then in Johto, she didn't do anything until the Whirl islands beating Ash who had battled more than her, yet for some reason her strength was unknown.
    While i agree how she didnt got nearly enough focus in Johto, she definitely did more than just entering Whirl Cup providing humor and chemistry within group,battling several trainers and forming friendship with them(like Sakura)etc.

-And lastly, When she had her camoe in AG and her chronicals, they should have found a closure to end her story completely without bringing her back due to Ash or the fact they were in the same region.
    Her cameos werent done because of Ash but to give her follow up and some screen time after departure like they did with May. And thy couldnt wrap up her story due to plots which made it like goal,ambitions etc being left untied.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    Interestingly enough i never understood purpose behind Casey. Its not that i hated her,m but she seemed like failed attempt to give Ash proper female rival being showed for grand total of three times in whole Johto failing to qualify for league and ever battle him again.

I wasnt too keen on Tobias either. He was one dimensional your typical last minute introduced character whose sole purpose was in preventing main protagonist from going all way to top being portrayed as Gary Sue which relied heavily on lgendary pokemon to accomplish his aims.

She did used her pokemon when she entered competitions and battled other trainers, though admittedly it wasnt very often.

Not sure what this had to do with anything, but Misty was equally active both before and after Togepi came. She was also full of persona too, with taking care of baby pokemon showing different sides of character not being only short tempered shouting on everything.
    Granted in Johto she was neglected at times but that was due to poor writing and writers inexperience.

While i agree how she didnt got nearly enough focus in Johto, she definitely did more than just entering Whirl Cup providing humor and chemistry within group,battling several trainers and forming friendship with them(like Sakura)etc.

Her cameos werent done because of Ash but to give her follow up and some screen time after departure like they did with May. And thy couldnt wrap up her story due to plots which made it like goal,ambitions etc being left untied.
    We don't need to defend Misty on every thread you know? All Caseydia said was she didn't like Misty. This thread is to discuss characters we didn't like and we don't need to turn this thread into why Misty was a good character or not.

Agh! This is the only thread where you can actually talk about characters you don't like for a change. Let me drown in my self pity for once.

My ideal battle ever!

Come on guys, this is the best thread in anime polls. If you start arguing about Misty, it'll get closed.

I also disliked Barry and Kenny. They made the Empoleon line look horrible.

I wish I had enjoyed Bianca more since she was a game character and all. But I didn't like her from the beginning and I don't like her now. I just felt that since I've played the games that even though she was clumzie thatg she would be more stronger battle wise. But she started off being weaker than Ash, which was not a good thing. Now she's gained so much strenght but I believe that if it wasn't for the evolution of Pignite that she would have been still weak. She has a funny personality but the same gags and the annoyign appearances of her just hopping around wasn't too fun. Hopefully she'll get better before she gets worse.
    Last edited by UnbelievableUrsula; 29th March 2012 at 6:47 PM.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Come on guys, this is the best thread in anime polls. If you start arguing about Misty, it'll get closed.

I also disliked Barry and Kenny. They made the Empoleon line look horrible.
    You're right. Sorry about that.

I wanna talk alittle about Kenny. He was alright in some ways but in others he was annoying.
    -He started off as a childhood friend who did not have to have the same starter type like Dawn so that it wouldn't so boring watching him battle.

-Next, is the whole battle thing. He battled with ash a few times, which was good but yet it was bad. He needed to have been battling more with Dawn since he was her childhood friend. That way it could have helped her more with battles which she needed.

-Then there was the contests. He won a few on screen but when the festival came I felt he got trolled but I didn't like that he didn't practice as much as he should on his appeals.

-And lastly, the episode where he left. It wasn't necceassry to have Jasmin and Flint there at the same time taking away his last episode cameo. He instead of battling Dawn to travel with him challenged Ash who had absolutely nothing to do with any of his feelings. Training is a good thing, but battling for a troll is another. He won and still he ended up with nothing. It goes to show him that if he would have just asked, he would have got a straight answer to begin with.

My ideal battle ever!

My most disliked character was Piplup, my reasons behind this was he was selfish, annoying, arrogant, egotistical, "trying to be cool but being totally unfunny when falling somewhere" little pipsqueak ^^
    Piplup isn't selfish, you can see just how much he cared for Dawn. He seemed to show a lot of emotion to her and always tried his best for her.

I like all characters but my least favourite character is probably Kenny. It annoyed me he kept annoying her and I just HATED it how he tried to take Dawn away from Ash. He has good points too but he generally annoyed me. And I didn't like the way he beat Ash (who had been on a journey for longer than him)

"If someone tells me it's wrong to hope, I will tell them they're wrong every time. I could tell them that countless times" -Madoka Kaname

Quote Originally Posted by Gillespie View Post
    I dislike:

1. Misty: Throughout her entire run in the series, she was an annoying character. While her strained relationship with her older sisters successfully explained her personality, her character still lacked zest and was not the slightest bit amusing. She was a typical hot-headed tsundere with an inferiority complex that developed into arrogance as a way for her to cope with her insecurities. Jessie falls under a similar archetype, but her character was far more colorful and entertaining, not to mention she had a more interesting past and more dimension to her personality. Overall, she fulfilled the role better than Misty, who just seemed like a bland bratty kid in comparison. Later on in Johto, she spent most of her time standing in the background as Ash's cheerleader with only glimmers of her old self manifesting from time to time.

6. Tracey: He was a stale character who did not have any flavor to his personality. Overall, he was an inferior replacement for Brock, who was actually likable in Kanto.
    I agree with these.

I'm not annoyed by Satoshi though because my main problems with him was the way he talked and his voice actors for the english and portuguese versions.
    Rica Matsumoto does a good job so I actually like him now.
    As for Takeshi... I found him to be more active in Houen (so far) than he's been in Kanto. Which isn't even hard to do.

I'll add that rival (I think his english name was Ricky or something?) of the end of the Indigo League to my list of dislikes.
    I really couldn't stand his 'i'm your rival but I'm here offering you flowers and cookies' atitude, or how part of his team just had to be a mirrored version of Satoshi's...

Max. Four is a crowd.

Burgundy. She is such a hater. And in one episode, she is holding a glass of what looks like grown-up-water. Naughty.

May's Bulbasaur and Squirtle. I mean we've already had a Bulbasaur and Squirtle on the main cast, it would've been better with more variety.

Max- A complete waste of a travelling companion,He never contributed anything to the cast.

Trip - Complete boring character and a horrible version of Cheren,He just bash on Ash and later on he got defeated by Bianca.

My most didliked character for the Best Wishes would be Ah. Yes!! He has not been using the correct pokemon to battle in gyms and only been using Oshawott or Pikachu. Although the other starters also get screentime, Y does Ash not use Palpitoad, Unfezant, Boldore, Scraggy, Leavanny and Krokorok much?
    Pokemon X and Y rules!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw01 View Post
    My most didliked character for the Best Wishes would be Ah. Yes!! He has not been using the correct pokemon to battle in gyms and only been using Oshawott or Pikachu. Although the other starters also get screentime, Y does Ash not use Palpitoad, Unfezant, Boldore, Scraggy, Leavanny and Krokorok much?
    Because the starters are marketable and actually have personalities? Also, his usage of Scraggy, Krokorok and Unfezant has been fine. That doesn't make him a bad character.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw01 View Post
    To be fair, Oshawott is used a lot but does nothing, we should see less of Pignite and more of Oshawott IF it's for development, not screen hogginh

My most disliked character is ash ketchum, why?
    1. I know everyone complains about this but he continuousely leaves all of his pokemon behind as a one time thing sure why not. but after two is pushing it and three is too much if he wants to be a pokemon master he has to call apon on all of his pokemon old and new alike and train them like there is no tomorrow he cant keep neglecting them like he is now I honestly hope the writers will create a characterwho will beat him with little to no effort who happens to be a experience trainer him/her self and isnt a elite four member of a regional champion or anything like that unless it would help and tell ash what he is doing wrong.
    2. I hate to sound old fashioned but he has gotten bland since the end of the original series.
    The only reason I would want him to appear in a video game is so that I can beat the living day lights out of him.
    Last edited by pokedigijedi; 24th June 2012 at 11:08 PM.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

I think that the character that I dislike more is Dawn's Piplup. I don't have a real reason to dislike it, I just think that he is annoying as hell. Oh, and his English voice creeps me out :X
    Gpxplus ;D

Current Pokémon Red Team:
    Current Pokémon Yellow Team (rotation):

Paint me like one of your french girls ~~

Me, some of the characters of the day never got to me very well. Some did, but a few seemed unreleastic. Like AJ. How come if he could get 100 wins and no losses didn't we see him in the Indigo League? Plus it's also kinda odd how he cares about his Pokémon yet at the same time he can be so harsh just because he wants to win so badly??

For the main cast, Brock's gotten to me at some points, mostly in DP when it seemed like he wouldn't let Ash and Dawn make each other feel better when they needed it in a big brotherly way to give them space when he would allow it with Misty and May. I mean, WTF? It's no different for them then it is with Ash and Dawn so why do it then?

In terms of Pokémon, I've not been much for Dawn's Piplup at times with how bratty he can get, like chewing out Gible for accidently blasting him while he (Gible) was trying to learn Draco Meteor, or other times like with Cyndaquil/Quilava since he got Dawn's attention when he was a baby. I mean, in some cases, Hareta from Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Adventure had a better Piplup since even with his prideful nature, he still was just as much like Hareta and tried his hardest.
    Last edited by Bryon; 16th July 2012 at 1:58 AM.
    "Looks like you're about to get pwned."

I don't care about EVs. If you don't either, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Shiny Metagross)

I was never really too fond of Dawn to begin with. I guess her appearance has made me feel even worse. The skirt killed it for me in the beginning, then her voice, then her hogging the screen, and then being noisy. Piplup now made it worse with Oshawott which is next on my list and ofcourse her going up against Iris has my stomach in knots.

Oshawott, what can I say. It was cute and funny but it's gotten alittle out of control along with Piplup and Meloetta. I get we need a mascot/comic relief character for the show, but in every episode, is it needed in bad fillers as well? This is why I'm praying hard for a evolution. Not only will it be not failing in it's battles all the time, but it's personality will change which might be a good thing.

Alder: You wanna know what's better than battling?
    Ash: What?
    Alder: Eating hotdogs and battling!
    Trip: My God, It's like looking into the future.

I've seen enough of Unova to add a few my personal list.

Cilian. To be fair it was like he was written to be a like 'em or hate 'em character. I just think that he brings to focus on himself entirely too much when he takes on a scene and turns out hammy and overplayed. If he was introduced in Kanto where everyone was crazy I might be able to get on his crazy train, but here in Unova he just seems out of place. I'd like him more if he learned when to be quiet, but it seems like Unova has shed the very concept of " character development ".

I don't like Bianca for a lot of the same reasons. She seems to be way too eccentric for the cast, and she's one of the worst battlers since Casey. Her team is a train wreck. I'm not particularly excited to see any of them again. I'm not really sure how, when, or if they can do anything to redeem her character at this point besides make Burgundy more or a punching bag to take the heat off her.

Unova Team Rocket was already on my original list as suspect. Now I can pretty much confirm my distaste for them. They were completely ruined.

Agreed withcha, 132. Tobias was the worst example of that bit, while Tyson and Harrison at least along to an extent with Ritchie were more dimensional than Tobias. I also have not liked some of the appearances by members of the Elite Four, no matter the region. In Kanto, Lorelei kinda came off odd with how she seemed to be lecturing Ash, while Lance, Bruno, and even Agatha were better handled. The same thing came to me with how Bertha seemed as if she was lecturing Ash too.
    "Looks like you're about to get pwned."

I don't care about EVs. If you don't either, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Shiny Metagross)

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast