View Poll Results: do you like my pokemons centaur types?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

18 72.00%
  • NO

7 28.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manche's sprite dump.

Default Manche's sprite dump.

all i h<ave so far, i'm ready for opinions.

Im not personally all that into splices, i perfer scratches. But i do like the blue and white richu
    Yes there is other rom hacks called Amethyst, but we just dont care.

what about the others?

Love the Tauros + Machamp. Salamence without wings looks like he's naked or something, just doesn't look right. It's a good sprite, though.

^ Click this for good times ^

I like the White Braviary Griffin thing. Looks great. All of these look awesome keep up the good work.

Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by Remorph View Post
    Original151Rocks is an exception. He is reliable, and he battles well.

Great work you have here! I'd consider adding Scratches and Revamps. Maybe Reposes.

i like the neon blue gallade its beast
    CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK

thanks I'm glad you fod the real animal/trainers cool.

I like the Vulpix that looks like a real fox, great job. And the Darkrai/Giratina looks awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoste View Post
    You were talking about safe cooking. Guess what happens when you don't cook safe.
    (It starts with "D" and ends with "amn, my kitchen is on fire")

Alors, it is evaluating time s'il vous plaît!

Bien sűr, it appears you have amassed quite the collection of sprites. But are all of them good? Let a Connoisseur like myself evaluate them! It is clear you have worked hard on these sprites. Mais, they do not contain the love and spirit that a more diligent spriter would put into them. Simply put, my good man, these sprites look like you dragged certain parts over each other. You have made no effort to edit the shading after splicing these sprites, and that's what makes them fall apart. You must fix the shading in order for these to look good. Fortunately, I do have some pros to bring up. It is quite appealing to see that you scracthed that Seviper-morph's head, and we must see more of that! Scratch more parts when necessary, friend. I see you scratched part of the fox and the horse lady too, as well as the Renamon centaur. My final analysis is...it's good for a beginner, but you must push yourself and try new things! Focus more on the quality, and less on the quantity. I expect big things of you. If I were to leave with one compliment for you, it would be that your Reshiram/Zekrom combination is simply delightful for what it is. But don't stop practicing.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Alors, it is evaluating time s'il vous plaît!

Bien sűr, it appears you have amassed quite the collection of sprites. But are all of them good? Let a Connoisseur like myself evaluate them! It is clear you have worked hard on these sprites. Mais, they do not contain the love and spirit that a more diligent spriter would put into them. Simply put, my good man, these sprites look like you dragged certain parts over each other. You have made no effort to edit the shading after splicing these sprites, and that's what makes them fall apart. You must fix the shading in order for these to look good. Fortunately, I do have some pros to bring up. It is quite appealing to see that you scracthed that Seviper-morph's head, and we must see more of that! Scratch more parts when necessary, friend. I see you scratched part of the fox and the horse lady too, as well as the Renamon centaur. My final analysis is...it's good for a beginner, but you must push yourself and try new things! Focus more on the quality, and less on the quantity. I expect big things of you. If I were to leave with one compliment for you, it would be that your Reshiram/Zekrom combination is simply delightful for what it is. But don't stop practicing.

Good luck!
    This is the kind of content I was looking for!
    Last edited by Manche; 30th August 2011 at 4:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manche View Post
    This is the kind of content I was looking for!
    Merci beaucoup, mon ami. It was my pleasure. You show promise. I suggest you start by doing a fusion of a different nature. I'll suggest one for you. Let's see you do a fushion of Conkeldurr and Blastoise, for starters. It'd be best for you to branch out.

Like so?

Like so?
    That's a great start, Manche! I'm proud to see that you did some scratching. Practice makes perfect, as they say. Mais oui, if you keep doing sprites outside what you usually do, you'll be able to refine your own spriting style and improve as a spriter. This sprite is refreshing like a cool glass of water, served with a hint of lemon extract. My suggestion for next time is to combine the features of Conkeldurr and Blastoise more deeply. I'm happy to say this is progress.

Well, outside of what the Fan Sprite food critic said, the copy+paste is very noticable, but this isn't the case with the centaur sprites. It's your niche, and you contain it well. It seems however, bar the latest Conkelstoise sprite, that a lot of things were thrown together moreso for the quantity, not quality.

I'll give you credit however, you've definately got the hang of it. Keep trying, and experiment outside your comfort zone a bit. Experiencing new areas of spriting ouside fusions and recolours can improve the mentioned fusions and recolours.

Like what? I'm dry of ideas

Like what? I'm dry of ideas
    There's pixel overs, devamps, revamps, mapping. Tons of other things to try.

Good Splicing! I especially like the Braviary + Absol Splice!

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

I love the Mewtwo/Girafarig, the Scizor/Vespiquen, and the Infernape/Lickilicky. Some of them look a little sloppy though, like the Flareon/Growlithe.
    3DS Friend Code: 2793-0629-6270
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

I can breed any breedable Pokémon you want with any nature/egg moves and up to 5 perfect IVs. I can also EV train and/or give it Pokerus. I can't breed shinies, 6 IVs, or specific Pokéballs. The harder the request, the better Pokémon I'm gonna want in return. PM me with requests and offers.

that's a pretty awesome spinda, i also really like you tauros/machamp centaur, but alot of your sprites, looked pretty awkward, like the dragonite/azelf one, where you didn't even change the colours to match, but in general, I like your centaurs, you should also try other things than fusions sometimes too

Woobuffet like a sir

I'm running out of ideas I hear you...

Your spirits ate pretty cool. I actually have nothing to say about them.
    Nice work!!!!

( you could try re colours)

RAWK ON BLAZIKEN IS EPIC!!!!
    Last edited by Necro101; 28th December 2011 at 1:41 AM.

My latest

Quite a few of these are really good sprites, especially the Tauros with Machamp (?) tickled my fancy, but you shouldn't just limit yourself to the same type of fusion over and over. An idea, even a good one, gets old really quick so you have to adapt, come up with new stuff, be ambitious and creative... that's your duty as an artist. You could probably create hundreds and hundreds more of these centaur things (especially since you also use trainer sprites, which I'll admit is pretty cool) but after like 5 or 10 we've seen it.

So what I'd do, if I were you, is select the best out of these (definitely put the Tauros/Machamp in there, or I'll kill you) to showcase and get general C&C on, but at the same time try something new. As I said, it's your responsibility to decide exactly what you want to do but if I see you making anymore centaurs by the time I give this thread another look I'm sure that'll be the last one. Don't take this personal, you have some potential but it's time to start doing other stuff. It's the same with those spriters who stick to recoloring, they lack ambition to try and go for something more challenging.

As for your actual spriting work, I'm glad to see you made almost no technical mistakes on your best ones: you position your parts (albeit Copy/Paste, but that's acceptable) well, you recolor well and you seem to have some imagination (like on that Mewtwo/Seviper I really like what you did to the eye, really good), but it's time to put those skills to better use. Since there's no chronology in your sprites I don't know if these are your older ones, but some of them DO have problems. Mainly problems where you copied parts and flipped/rotated them without changing the shading (Charizard/Milotic e.g.) but since your better works don't have those problems, I'll just 'assume' that the ones who do are your oldest.

Also, in response to your comment on my work I'd like to say that, while I do feel flattered, I prefer constructive posts with a bit of meat to them (to quote Frozen_Voltorb). You may want to read up on the sticky here ("Concerning C&C and general posting"), it'll help you understand. Thanks and keep the spriting up!
    Last edited by Bert; 30th December 2011 at 8:26 PM.

The shiny zangoose/raichu, tauros/machamp and politoed/walrein are my favorites.
    Good job.
    image file size too large, removed - mod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast