Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Community POTW #35

regenerator ludicolo (or) ludicolo sweep(sounds like a dance move....)

ability- rain dish

held item- leftovers

moves- rain dance, hydro pump(maybe surf), giga drain(maybe ice beam), uproar(maybe hyperbeam)

stats- hp. 310 at. 230 def. 230 s.at. 255 s.def. 275 spd. 230

DRAGONITE
    Dream team:     Spoiler:- thanks:
        Spoiler:- thanks:
        Spoiler:- thanks:
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/rjmtxt.png[/IMG]    Spoiler:- click it..if you dare:

(if you are some of the people who want a game where YOU get to choose YOUR own destiny and can make YOUR own decisions, then add this to YOUR signature)....started by me but you dont have to put my name down if you dont wanna

^Ignore him, no offence or anything. Talk to Epic_Eevee about that set thar.

Mwahaha! R4GE Zibdas! I have Claimed Probopass!

I support MC. But with Eviolite. Viva la Eviolite!

YAY my favorite pokemon!!!!

my favorite set just makes you cry as he dances over your poor dying pokes
    Livin' the Vida Colo
    Ability:Rain Dish
    Item: Leftovers
    nature: Bold ev's: 252 defence 252 sp def 6 hp
    Moveset:
    Hydro pump/Surf/Giga Drain
    Leech seed
    Protect
    Substitute

I use hydro pump but i have the option of surf there if you prefer accuracy over power giga drain is there for grass stab option and yet more healing protect stalls for a turn whilst you heal and if your in the rain and your opponent are seeded you get a fair amount to use for subs and leech seed is there to add sub seed effect ludicolo is possibly the best sub seeder around especially in the rain.
    Moveset extrordanaire just ask if you want assistance
    Owner of the CK general chat channel on Purplesurge leave me a post if ya want info :-)

FINALLY GOT A CLAIM...
    All Munchlax are mine!

Munch Munch Munch Munch Munch Munch Munch Munch...

AWWW! I COME ON THE POTW FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A WHILE AND I GET LUDICOLO?!?
    *buries computer in ground and sets triggered explosives on it and re-buries then sets off* yea, so this isnt spam i say that i dont actually think ludicolo is bad, i just hate it. It can also be a real pain in rain.
    in the making...

Quote Originally Posted by The Intersect View Post
    YAY my favorite pokemon!!!!
    Livin' the Vida Colo
    Ability:Rain Dish
    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Bold ev's: 252 defence 252 sp def 6 hp
    Moveset:
    Hydro pump/Surf/Giga Drain
    Leech seed
    Protect
    Substitute
    Congratulations The Intersect! You've just been quoted for Livin' La Vida Colo!

Plus it's the standard more or less, (They give an option for Toxic over Protect), so this here's plain awesome.

Rain Drain
    Ludicolo@Leftovers
    Modest, 252 Spa/252 Spe/4 HP
    Rain Dish
    -Giga Drain
    -Leech Seed
    -Hydro Pump
    -Ice Beam

A unique set. Ludicolo can heal pretty good with this set. It is best to Baton Pass a Mean Look to him, though. Leech Seed will drain the foe of health, healing yourself. Giga Drain will heal even more, adding the fact that you have Rain Dish and Leftovers healing you as well. Hydro Pump and Ice Beam will be used to destroy foes who cannot be affected by Leach Seed/Giga Drain well(Fire, Flying, Bug, and Grass)

Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

^The Ludicolo there would probably be served better on some team without Rain and it should have Swift Swim; it would make it a Rain check. Kind of missing out on it's other capabilities though :/

I'm going straight to the sets

Stall in the Rain
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Rain Dish
    EVs: 252 HP, 124 defense and sp defense, 8 sp attack
    @: Leftovers

Leech Seed
    Substitute
    Scald/Toxic
    Whirlpool

Whirlpool is a trapping move, so the Status/Seed combo will do the job.

Attack in the Rain
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Swift Swim
    EVs: 252 sp attack and HP, 4 speed
    @: Life Orb/Choice Specs

Surf
    Energy Ball/Grass Knot
    Ice Beam
    Focus Blast

Swift Swim will get this thing's speed high, so I see no reason to really invest in speed EVs.

Attack in the Rain Pt. 2
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 attack and HP, 4 speed
    @: Life Orb

Swords Dance
    Waterfall
    Ice Punch/Return/Seed Bomb/Thunderpunch
    Seed Bomb/Return/Seed Bomb/Thunderpunch

Surprise! Physical attacking! Thunderpunch can catch certain waters that Seed Bomb can't.

Surprise Mix set
    Nature: Serious or its similar ones
    Ability: Any
    EVs: 252 attack and sp attack, 4 speed
    @: Life Orb/Focus Sash

Solarbeam
    Fire Punch
    Swords Dance/Ice Beam/Synthesis/Hydro Pump/Ice Punch
    Swords Dance/Ice Beam/Synthesis/Hydro Pump/Ice Punch

That's right, a Ludicolo for the sun team. That surprise factor is absolutely HUGE!! While one of your STABs is pretty much dead, another rises to the occasion. Access to Solarbeam, Synthesis, and Fire Punch provide sun tools. Hydro Pump is an option if the rain takes over the sun.

There you go.
    I claim Buizel.

A physical attacker variation for Ludicolo.

(Ludicolo) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Rain Dish
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
    - Swords Dance
    - Nature Power
    - Ice Punch
    - Seed Bomb

Has good bulk for survive ability and allow you to use sword dance a few times. Sword dance is to help Ludicolo's pathetic attack state become acceptable. Nature Power apparently becomes Earthquake in a linked battle instead of Tri-attack which would be preferred on many of Ludicolos offensive sets. Ice/Ground combo has great coverage and Seed Bomb is to wreck havoc on water types.

Quote Originally Posted by WeatherEffectRain View Post
    Congratulations The Intersect! You've just been quoted for Livin' La Vida Colo!

Plus it's the standard more or less, (They give an option for Toxic over Protect), so this here's plain awesome.
    HAHA my ludicolo is actually nicknamed Vida Loca :-)
    Moveset extrordanaire just ask if you want assistance
    Owner of the CK general chat channel on Purplesurge leave me a post if ya want info :-)

FINALLY GOT A CLAIM...
    All Munchlax are mine!

Munch Munch Munch Munch Munch Munch Munch Munch...

Anti-Lead
    Ludicolo @ Lum Berry
    Timid Nature (+Spd, - Atk)
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
    - Fake Out
    - Energy Ball
    - Hidden Power [Fighting] / Hidden Power [Ground]
    - Hydro Pump / Surf

I figured it hasn't been put up yet. I've used him a few times, and he handles a majority of leads pretty well. He easily handles anything with a sash with Fake Out, and with Energy Ball, murders Swampert. Hidden Power Fighting handles Darkrai leads (If he's still OU) and kills Tyranitar. He also handles the rare Gigalith and Sturdy leads, but Forry may be a problem. Hydro Pump is reccomended to hit Forry harder, but use Surf if you don't fear him. He also stops Droughtails if you opt for Ground over Fighting, making him a very effective anti-weather lead.
    Last edited by Shedinjask; 3rd September 2011 at 11:49 PM.

@The Intersect: I'll be sure to nickname my next one that too, Aha

Yeah then. Colo's POTW Closure is tomorrow, soo... I'll post a crap set!

The most worthless dance 'Colo ever
    Item: Life Orb
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 SAtk, 4 Def
    -Giga Drain
    -Teeter Dance
    -Scald
    -Substitute

THIS is the crappiest set I could thnk of while scratching the opposing team. Disclaimer; Never use this unless you want to lose. Go for Teeter Dance on a Grass-Type switch-in(Which is usual) and go for a Sub, unscathed. You could probably run this set on one of the anti-rain Politoed feign-idge teams; I've seen one that's quite good. Anyways, Giga Drain and Scald are STABs, Scald with that Haxxy Burn chance. In the rain, go crazy.

It's hard to make an unusable set with Ludicolo :/ (Obviously this one would have troubles, but meh.) With no investment in Speed, under rain, he still caps out at 352; meaning he still outspeeds the likes of 252 Spd +Nature Base 110s by two points.

@Shedinjask: That looks like it may work, actually o.o Oh, but change the added four EVs to HP, Defence or Special Defense; -Nature 4 EV makes it redundant.

I leik losing. So I will use that set.

Thanks for the positive rate on my set. The name for that other set matches it perfectly.

I also like how it stops weather leads. I made a small edit too, go have a look.

I just remembered Drizzle-Swim is banned.

Nature: Modest|Adamant
    EVs: 252 attack OR sp attack, 252 hp, 4 speed
    Ability: swift swim
    @: Damp Rock/Leftovers

Rain Dance
    Surf|Waterfall
    Energy Ball/Grass Knot|Seed Bomb
    Ice Beam/Focus Blast|Return/Ice Punch

Ludicolo can effectively put the rain in manually. It is not too detrimental to what else this... thing... does, but can still end up being inefficient.

A good partner would be a Prankster with Rain Dance like Murkrow, Thunderus, or Tornadus, with the latter two being the better options.
    I claim Buizel.

Ludicolo

I have been using this thing for a while and it works pretty good in rain and against Ferrothorn.

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
    Trait: Rain Dish
    EVs: 152 HP / 252 Def / 104 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Leech Seed
    - Scald
    - Seismic Toss
    - Protect

Err Seismic Toss is from 3rd Gen for those who does not know and is it a move Tutor.
    Since Ferrothorn is a fearsome wall and not many can stand a chance against it in Rainy weather or sometimes in general..... I guess you should use this one since it is immuned to Leech Seed and gets Recovery from both Leftovers and Rain Dish.

The main objective for this is to wear and tear the opponent with all 4 moves (3 if they are grass type or fire since Scald cant burn fire and Leech Seed will not effect grass type) The EV spread is just to keep it balanced since I like things balanced. I say this thing does its job pretty good with absorbing and wearing down opponent down using all 4 of it the moves.

Magic Guard is the only thing which will slow things down for you since they are unaffected by status condition and plus Magic Mirror against Leech Seed. You don't see Many flying moves used in competitive battles... So that will secure you a bit. Bug type moves are one of the things which you need to watch out for since they can really do a lot if you are not careful like U-Turn users or X-Scissor even thought it will not OHKO it. Still a bit of a problem.

DrizzleToad is the most effective partner to use with. You can also use Pokemon that Resist Bug type moves and flying to handle it. Heal Bell/Aromatherapy user just in case they are trying to wear you down with Toxic.

Lombre can use same set with Eviolite (however you spell it) to do the same thing. Lotad.... I have no idea
    Nambiri

Sweeper set I use on my Uber team. Also works well in OU if you hate rain teams.

Ludicolo@Life Orb
    Timid/Modest, Swift Swim
    252SA/252Speed/4HP
    - Giga Drain
    - Hydro Pump/Surf/Scald
    - Ice Beam
    - Focus Blast

Giga Drain is fun with a LO since you can often get a big chunk of HP back. Most importantly, it screws Kyogre/Politoed. With SS you will beat a lot of rain team staples, including Thundurus, Rotom-W, and Water/Grounds. Your usual Water STAB attack. Also got Ice Beam to take care of Dragons, Kami trio, and Zapdos. Focus Blast to take doen Ferrothorn and Steels.

I have claimed Giratina

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123