Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gastrodon and Quagsire

Unaware Quagsire is just a pain to go against. If it runs Stockpile and gets to +3 on both sides, you're not killing that thing anytime soon.

Credit to Blue Harvest for the amazing banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Cut View Post
    True. Quagsire's Unaware (a great ability) does set it apart from the others in a way, but Jellicent's ability to recover from switching into water attacks, cripple phsyical attackers with will-o-wisp and spinblock, makes it more useful in my eyes.
    I find that odd, Psycho. I don't think I've ever seen you use Jellicent, but I've seen you use Gastrodon XD

Unaware is just an evil ability. One of my main tactics is set-up sweeping, so as you can imagine, I have to kill that Quagsire fast, before it sets up with Curse/Amnesia or whatever.

Generally though, I find a good ol' HP Grass deals with it just fine.

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/ml7634.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/33u5xep.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/2lc41lu.gif[/IMG]

Spoiler:- Credit:

Thing is, I hate quagsire. Yes it's a great counter to HO teams, but he just sucks otherwise IMO. Gastrodon is a poke I do love. It's a like a loveable slug and a great check to rain and sometime sand teams. If sun teams didn't have so many damn grass types he could be a check for that too, but can be run on a sun team to check rain. Gastrodon actually kinda sucks in it's tier that it's in. I've used it in every tier, and I've swept in OU tiers after a predicted water move and some toxic. Yes it's situational, but gastrodon has the chances of being in OU now since it fits in the anti weather core of skarm/heatran/gastro. That's not gonna happen though because usage based tiers mean it's not getting the love I think it needs. Quagsire can just die for all i care. Useless outside of countering HO team that don't run a virizion or something.

Credits to bug pro for the banner

White FC: 2537-3909-0772

Gastrodon is a great counter against Rain teams. It makes sure they don't "Rain on your Parade". I nicknamed mine "The Tarp". I have so many puns...
    Generic Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Blayd View Post
    I find that odd, Psycho. I don't think I've ever seen you use Jellicent, but I've seen you use Gastrodon XD
    Yeah. True. I was tired then

Ignore me
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

I love using Gastrodon on sand teams because whenever I predict a Water attack coming, BAM Gastrodon sweep.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

i use a gastrodon that destroys rain teams. generally i use a pokemon weak to politoed's water move as bait, then switch it into gastrodon for storm drain. i also use a magnezone in the same team to deal with ferrothorn.
    I claim Larvitar!

Just as I preditced, Gastrodon is OU now. DOn't believe?
    Check this out
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3454720

Quote Originally Posted by lucario44444444 View Post
    Just as I preditced, Gastrodon is OU now. DOn't believe?
    Check this out
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3454720
    The stats for this past month are kinda iffy, so I wouldn't take the results quite as seriously. At any rate, this does mean that Gastro is being used a lot more. Even if the real results were to show a lower usage rate, it would still probably be enough to make the OU cutoff.

Well I'm sincerely happy for the little sea slug. I guess he got the love he deserved after all.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    The stats for this past month are kinda iffy, so I wouldn't take the results quite as seriously. At any rate, this does mean that Gastro is being used a lot more. Even if the real results were to show a lower usage rate, it would still probably be enough to make the OU cutoff.

Well I'm sincerely happy for the little sea slug. I guess he got the love he deserved after all.
    Shellos is cool
    Also, Ninjask HAS to be OU

BEST POKEMON OF ALL TIME

• NINJASK
    • ELECTIVIRE
    • UMBEREON
    • MAGMORTAR
    • RAMPARDOS
    • and magikarp

Well lucario is right Gastro and Quag has to be an OU Pokemon. Because they can STALL ALL THE DAY. Ninjask should be OU too! I also check that Ferro is top 5 on Smogon Ubers
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

They're fine where they are. As much as I love my gastrodon, I have no illusions about what it does. It blocks electric and water, and dies to just about anything with sufficent strengh or with a grass move. It's just not all that great. Same goes for Quagsire, its got a few things it does well, and is inferior everywhere else.

Besides, if they're in lower tiers, then you can use them in more formats.
    "I now understand the basics of battle, but have much yet left to learn of combat. While I can hold my own, I cannot call myself anything more than a trainer"

This is like Kyruem, except without the ban.

Suck in UU,
    Rock in OU.

Pokemon X Round 2

Kyurem rocks in OU? Since when?

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Totodile is BEAST View Post
    This is like Kyruem, except without the ban.

Suck in UU,
    Rock in OU.
    You mean it's like Kyurem, only the exact opposite.

Because any grass type shall kill them.
        Spoiler:- Friend Safari Info:

I officially claimed Slaking, the most American pokemon there is. Rawr.

This has been... an interesting turn out of events. It started out with
    "They are kinda good, but not extremely. They have too many counters"
    to
    "These things wall like hell. I hate it so much when people use one against me"
    Claims: Mario, The Big Bang Theory, Victini

Honestly, they only have one niche, as BH said earlier, but that niche is pretty helpful. And true, they have a massive grass weakness, but it isnt totally common (in OU there is one single grass type) and they still can do really well. I would say UU< but too many Grass types there as well.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Honestly, they only have one niche, as BH said earlier, but that niche is pretty helpful. And true, they have a massive grass weakness, but it isnt totally common (in OU there is one single grass type) and they still can do really well. I would say UU< but too many Grass types there as well.
    that one grass type is the most used thing in OU
    Rate my UU Team
    NOWZ!!!!!
    The Fallen

The Forbidden Empires are open!!!

(Click on the banner for a link)

Clan Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Tyranitar View Post
    that one grass type is the most used thing in OU
    Virizion, Celebi, and Ferrothorn are all very common. Celebi was popularized from Franky's RMT Wolfgang, and other successful teams.

But quagsire is in the top 60 OU pokemon on smogon. He's higher than whimsicott and machamp. And he completely walls the most used uber in kyroge.
    Plus he looks so awesome

And gastrodon is 33 in OU usage if that counts for anything. I dont see how they can even be RU. UU maybe, but RU is a little harsh. I hate gastrodon but quagsire is a complete boss.

For the grasses, on Gastrodon you could run HP fire, and for Ferrothorn only (this is only for Quag) EQ owns him. Really, why do people say they're Ferro-weak when they can counter ferro (Although Quag con't counter Virizion and Celebi. He's doomed against them, unless they decide to calm mind spam and you have a surprise)
    Claims: Mario, The Big Bang Theory, Victini

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12