65 39.63%
  • Dragonite

65 39.63%
  • Salamence

34 20.73%
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Dragon Dancer

Default Best Dragon Dancer

Well, Who is the best DDer? Id have to say Scrafty, he's the only one that has good defenses and has a a bigger chance of getting 3 DDs up than any1. 6-0 games are very common with him.

for the current metagame, i think i'd have to agree in that scrafty is the most threatening dragon dancer. not only does he have the bulk to set up a dd or two, but his STABs + ice punch provide incredible coverage among the top bw threats. on top of that, he can choose between drain punch and hjk: the former being able to keep scrafty healthy and allow it to rip apart offense, while hjk lets scrafty muscle it's way past stall with a little bit of support. the only blemish on scrafty would probably be his lack of immediate power taking his 90 base atk into consideration. in comparison to tyranitar's, dragonite's, gyarados' and salamence's 125+ atk, 90 is pretty low, which can sometimes catapult some of those just mentioned to perform better than scrafty in certain situations.
    ~signature~

Scrafty is deadly you can tell when he puts his hood on.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

I would have to say scrafty, because even with no investments in defense, he can take a physical and special hit, and drain punch the damage off.
    if youve never heard of lebanon kansas learn the name

HG FC- 0261 1686 4446

Black FC- 0518 7584 9410

Gen VI FC: 1049-0257-8808

Quote Originally Posted by carnivalmar View Post
    leern to spel i canot reed
    Ironic, isn't it?

Clickee for me?

whishcash and crawdaunt. gg.

I gotta say Dragonite..with Multiscale he can usually get two to three up and Roost to Recover. From there I smell a sweep.
        Spoiler:- Favorite Pokes:

Spoiler:- What am I?:

In OU, I'd say Scrafty's ginormous bulk helps it a lot. In Ubers, I'd say either Swift Swim Kingdra or Raquaza.

Multiscale Dragonite is the best DD'er because it can usually set up about 2 DDs thanks to its bulk and then either heal and reactivate Multiscale with Roost or start using Dragon Claw/another attacking move.

3DS FC: 0001-3758-4431
    *Credit goes to Garnet Til Alexandros XVII for the Userbar*

Dragonite and Salamence. Scrafty's ok, but he lacks the immediate speed and power. Sala can wreck teams after one DD. Oh, and if you wanna go for a suprise DDer, Physical Latios. :0 No one ever expects him, meaning you can get a DD or 2 up while the opponent switches to some pokemon to counter 'Draco Meteor'.

In my experience, Scrafty usually has to get 2 or 3 DD's up to outspeed stuff....
    Kingdra (with SS) or Salamence. GG.

Dragonite can get in alot thanks to Multiscale and roost. It also has a 134 base attack making it much more threating then Scrafty. It also has ExtreemeSpeed and a higher base speed to work with.

Credit to FrostStorm for the banner; YOU ARE MAJESTIC FROSTSTORM

3DS FC: 4940 6396 1803

"Because I am the man... who made a typo in his own name while registering..."

Easily Dragonite because Multiscale guarantees it a Dragon Dance and it gets access to Roost. Dragonite can also function as a Bulky Mixed Dragon Dance, which not even Salamence can say, due to its lack of Bulk. Scrafty is good, but pretty overrated, considering it needs to get a few DDs up before it can cause massive amounts of damage.

I would have to go with Scrafty or Dragonite on this one. It's a little surprising that Scrafty knows Dragon Dance, but it's able to use its Natural Bulk to set up and start demolishing with its STAB/whatever move. Dragonite's Multiscale really is something though, which can help out a good amount (and requires less turns to setup).
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.

Overall: Rayquaza.

Excluding banned pokemon: Salamence, closely followed by Dragonite. However, I think Salamence will destroy teams when it's DW ability is released.
    White FC: 0046 2608 7843

Probably Dragonite, just because Multi-Scale enables it to easily get at least 1 or 2.

I don't know about best, but Feraligatr is good. It can almost be unstoppable with 1-2 dragon dances.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Scrafty. Dragonite works better now with other sets, like a more bulky attacking set. Scrafty is the best for me, he won me so many battles.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by thejt View Post
    In my experience, Scrafty usually has to get 2 or 3 DD's up to outspeed stuff....
    Not really. He reaches 354 with Jolly after one Dragon Dance. That means he can outspeed Thundurus, Tornadus, and all the base 110s.

Out of everything i've witnessed in the games scrafty the way to go.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by Cometk View Post
    Not really. He reaches 354 with Jolly after one Dragon Dance. That means he can outspeed Thundurus, Tornadus(base 111), and all the base 110s.
    True, but Thundurus could see it coming and priority T-Wave and proceed to murder.

But this isn't about the soon-to-be-banned grandpa. I'd have to say Dragonite, Closely followed by Salamence, Dragonite because of his bulk and Multiscale but Salamence can rip whole teams apart that arn't prepared for it, also works as a late-game sweeper.
    I'm gonna ing you all night long!

Honestly, not really many DDers are very good right now. DD Scrafty was great stage two, but since then, a lot of stuff has become more popular which really hurts him, most notably the wide variety of fighting types that came into light after the Drizzle + SS ban (specifically Conkeldurr and Scarf Terakkion) and Skarmory, which has been seeing a lot more usage lately. And everyone saying Scrafty needs 2 DDs to sweep, learn to use Scrafty right...it's not like Conkeldurr, you don't send him in early game to punch holes, you send him in lategame when stuff he can't sweep through is removed and he only needs +1 speed to sweep through everything.

Dragonite's an alright DDer, but Choice Band sets are honestly more threatening immediately, since people are often reluctant to switch in Skarmory or Ferrothorn once Dragonite first comes into play, and CB sets can also revenge stuff with Extremespeed. Otherwise, bulky DDNite's pretty good with multiscale, I suppose.

DDMence just sucks now. Honestly, the only Mence set I'd consider running right now is Classic Mixmence, who still causes that immediate "ohshi-" reaction. DDMence, on the other hand, is just stopped by too much common stuff to be as good as it once was. (However, Mixmence has always been the most threatening Salamence set, even in gen 4, so w/e). It's just that there's more stuff capable of taking +1 Outrages than there used to be, and stuff with priority is as common as ever. Also, you're in a bind as to run Fire Blast or Fire Fang -- if you run Fire Blast, Ferrothorn beats you, and if you run Fire Fang, Skarmory beats you. Also the fact that there are actually good scarfers with base speed of over 100 hurts mence, as does mamoswine becoming much more common.

DD Haxorus wrecks ****, but you really need screens up to sweep with it, since it's so frail. CB sets are usually better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Grapes View Post
    True, but Thundurus could see it coming and priority T-Wave and proceed to murder.

But this isn't about the soon-to-be-banned grandpa. I'd have to say Dragonite, Closely followed by Salamence, Dragonite because of his bulk and Multiscale but Salamence can rip whole teams apart that arn't prepared for it, also works as a late-game sweeper.
    Ah, no. Shed Skin says otherwise. :0
    @Above: True, MixMence is a menace. xP He's better in certain situations.

Dragon Dance is scary as hell if a haxorus uses it, but he's gotta live to actually get something done. At this time i think Dragonite has the best potential as a dd user, just cuz of the bulk and ability, easier to setup

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

I'd like to say Scrafty and Dragonite with Multiscale

Quote Originally Posted by epic_eevee View Post
    Honestly, not really many DDers are very good right now. DD Scrafty was great stage two, but since then, a lot of stuff has become more popular which really hurts him, most notably the wide variety of fighting types that came into light after the Drizzle + SS ban (specifically Conkeldurr and Scarf Terakkion) and Skarmory, which has been seeing a lot more usage lately. And everyone saying Scrafty needs 2 DDs to sweep, learn to use Scrafty right...it's not like Conkeldurr, you don't send him in early game to punch holes, you send him in lategame when stuff he can't sweep through is removed and he only needs +1 speed to sweep through everything.
    I disagree. A moxie Scrafty with Ice Punch, Drain Punch and Crunch can literally take teams down with 1 DD, because it has such high defenses that it can take hits and recover it off. Here is my set.

[560] Scrafty (CWA) @Lefties
    Careful (+Sp. D -Sp. A)
    120 HP 136 Attack 252 Sp. D
    Ice Punch
    DD
    Drain Punch
    Crunch.

361 special defense, and can take physical hits well also with 115 Base Defense. With +1 he has 375 attack and 228 Speed. He can wreck with more DD boosts if you come in on a Special Attacker. I think this is the best
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I call hax, type some random racial slur all in caps, then ragequit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I wish I was joking, but based off all the naked fights in my front lawn I do pretty well assuming the person isn't trying to kill me.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast