Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mixed Hydreigon

Hybrid View

Default Mixed Hydreigon

Hydreigon. The big pseudo-legendary of the 5th gen. Evolves at a whopping lvl64. When I heard about this guy, I was sure he'd be freaking awesome. But, in my opinion, he isn't really. True, 125 Base Sp.Atk and 98 Base Speed is pretty good, but what he lacks for me, is a decent set up move. Maybe it's just my playstyle, but I much prefer pokemon like Haxorus who can set up with DD and then sweep. As it happens, the only set up move Hydreigon learns is work up, which isn't worth it for me, as it only raises his sp.atk by one level. But it also raises his attack....

Where am I going with all this? Basically, I reckon work up has the potential to make Hydreigon a decent mixed attacker. 105 Base Attack isn't all that bad after all!

So, I'm wondering, what do you think the competetive viability of Mixed Hydreigon is? How does he compare to an all-special Hydreigon? Is Work Up even neccessary for it?

Discuss. Feel free to post sets to argue your case.

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/ml7634.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/33u5xep.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/2lc41lu.gif[/IMG]

Spoiler:- Credit:

It can run a similar role to Flygon last gen. It shits Scarf U-turns and keeps up offensive pressure but the second you dare not switch is when it hits you with its crazy offensive movepool.

Hydreigon is... Trash. He makes Flygon look like Garchomp compared to him. SURE he can pull off mixed, But no matter what, unscarfed with less investment in any stat, he'll be even LESS efficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    What was that Regarde. I couldn't hear you with all of that dick in your mouth.

^Greatest Cosplay Evar^

Quote Originally Posted by R4GEKILL!!! View Post
    Hydreigon is... Trash. He makes Flygon look like Garchomp compared to him. SURE he can pull off mixed, But no matter what, unscarfed with less investment in any stat, he'll be even LESS efficient.
    What.

R4GE you're an okay guy but lol, you keep making dumb claims without backing them up. Hydreigon plays a niche role, but is by no means trash at that, and is one of the most effective lures for Rachi and stuff in the game. There are a ton of roles that only it can play efficiently (Specially based scarfer that doesn't fear Pursuit, Specially based scarfer with U-Turn).

^ i would die laughing if he got swept by a mixed hydregion and lost because of it.

Btw, mixmence is better, so only go special hydregion.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by irock245 View Post
    ^ i would die laughing if he got swept by a mixed hydregion and lost because of it.

Btw, mixmence is better, so only go special hydregion.
    ive swept plenty with a mixed naive hydreigon...
    and not just noobs who dont know ****. just remove mach punch and iceshard first (although it can take a hit from a conkeldurrs mach punch even after 2-3 turns of LO damage).
    in the making...

Mixed and Scarfed need to go hand in hand. With Scarf and 88 Speed EVs and a beneficial Nature, Hydreigon hits 418 Speed, just fast enough to outpace Scarf Timid Heatran (and tie with a Scarf Adamant Lucario, if that even exists). Splitting 420 EVs between the Attacking stats makes it really nice. I would say that Mixed Scarf Hydreigon is definitely an idea for the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.

I see the perks, but I prefer Specs or Scarf. Makes more use of its insanely great special attack stat. Leave the mix to mence.
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/343jiwx.png[/IMG]
    Keeping the classics alive

Mixed Hydreigon is a joke. Stick to Special Specs Hydreigon.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Mixed Hydreigon is a joke. Stick to Special Specs Hydreigon.
    It has some perks over Latios, like not being destroyed by Pursuit and learning Fire Blast but its still hard to warrant using Specs Hydreigon when Latios is a bit faster and hits a ton harder (and 2HKOs Blissey / Gastrodon / etc with psyshock)

^true, but there are other ways to handle Blissey. Don't get me wrong, I love Specs Hydreigon, I just feel that mixed sets don't work as well as Special sets.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

They have their niches, Hydreigon is better as a revenger, while Latios spams DM with specs and an insane sp att stat, or sweeps with LO or expert belt to bluff specs. The main perks for each is that Hydreigon runs a mixed set better and has access to flamethrower/fireblast/focus blast/dark pulse and Latios is all powerhouse, minus the coverage
    I am a child of GOD and proud of it.

I have only one setting, and thats MAXIMUM PWNAGE!

Platinum:1592-1825-2936
    HG: 3052-9634-0910
    Black: 4684-9108-2688
    Black Random Matchup Record:23-19 (minus 3 ragequit DC's and two accidental DC's...)
    Subway streak: 35
    White: 3611-3189-9624
    White Random Matchup Record:
    Name: Cyrus. i hav finally arrived on wifi, tremble before my might, mwuhahaha! pm for trades and battles.
    http://www.freewebs.com/cdawg3574/cystradeemporium.htm this is my trading site. got alot of good pokes, all are IV bred to desired specifications. this means that trades must be worth my while. B/W friend codes coming soon!

I too, am not a fan of Hydreigon, mixed or not. I think a mainly special set, but with U-turn works the best.
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Mixed set? More like fail set. You are better off running a Physical set, which is never seen coming, and quite effective as well.

Meh. We got dis. Powerful vines and all. We whip 'em. With our vines. Powah Whip. :3
    In honor of AlexandriaTheMixed and Project Retribution
    Oh, the shame...

Quote Originally Posted by Remorph View Post
    Mixed set? More like fail set. You are better off running a Physical set, which is never seen coming, and quite effective as well.
    Yes, but neither's a mixed set really. With a Mixed set, you can still give a nasty surprise to Blissey etc, just like with Phsyical, but you can also make use of the 125 Base Sp.A.

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/ml7634.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/33u5xep.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/2lc41lu.gif[/IMG]

Spoiler:- Credit:

The biggest problem about hydregoin imo, is that he has that f*******king troooollllllll speed! Nevertheless, I like Hydregoin, And I'm still trying to find an excuse to using him

I guess this honestly depends on how you define "mixed". For example, I wouldn't call special Hydra with U-Turn "mixed" since you're using U-Turn more as momentum utility than a physical offensive move. If you don't count U-Turn sets, then I personally prefer to stick to special sets. Honestly, Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Earth Power, Fire Blast, Dark Pulse, Focus Blast, and Surf are plenty to do a ton of damage to most teams. Base 105 isn't bad, so I suppose it's possible to run an effective mixed set with Outrage or something, but it just seems to me that Salamence kinda does that better.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    I guess this honestly depends on how you define "mixed". For example, I wouldn't call special Hydra with U-Turn "mixed" since you're using U-Turn more as momentum utility than a physical offensive move. If you don't count U-Turn sets, then I personally prefer to stick to special sets. Honestly, Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Earth Power, Fire Blast, Dark Pulse, Focus Blast, and Surf are plenty to do a ton of damage to most teams. Base 105 isn't bad, so I suppose it's possible to run an effective mixed set with Outrage or something, but it just seems to me that Salamence kinda does that better.
    Well you got Outrage, but Earthquake Crunch and U-Turn can also factor in for a Mixed set.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.

Hydregion isn't THAT bad

Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

Once I saw an all-out Physical offensive Hydra, that wasn't bad.
    Remember, it's a pseudo-legendary, with 105 Base Attack that don't suck at all.

It has the moves to hit hard on the Physical side, such as Dragon Rush, Crunch, Outrage, Body Slam, Tri Attack, he can even use the Quake-Edge combo, Head Smash, the elemental Fangs... Totally awesome.

Back in the Serebii.net Forums!

Don't ever use a mixgon always run specs, a specs Draco meteor is nothing to mess with.

I think Hydreigon is very overrated.
    My Hydrigon at lv. 100 has 281 Sp.attack. Wtf? x)
    I tried to forget you
    I tried to love you
    But I hurt you all the time
    I cant't forget you
    I'm afraid to touch you
    And I always see you cry

Erkennst Du mich denn nicht?
    Bin ich dir unbekannt?

Quote Originally Posted by Arceus94 View Post
    I think Hydreigon is very overrated.
    My Hydrigon at lv. 100 has 281 Sp.attack. Wtf? x)
    That just means it has a hindering or neutral nature, Hydreigon is still a good Pokemon. Know what you're discussing before you post.

Stupid Question Require Stupid Answers.

Also, its moveset are rather small, in my opinion.
    Is Charge Beam anything to use?'

It can learn some good physical moves, but i prefer the special attacker :/
    I tried to forget you
    I tried to love you
    But I hurt you all the time
    I cant't forget you
    I'm afraid to touch you
    And I always see you cry

Erkennst Du mich denn nicht?
    Bin ich dir unbekannt?

Focus Blast, Fire Blast, Draco Meteor, Dark Pulse, Surf, Earth Power & U Turn is all it needs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast