Thread: Alan Rickman's Life in Pictures - Death at 69

Default Alan Rickman's Life in Pictures - Death at 69

For those who did not know, the actor well known for his outstanding performances Alan Rickman died to cancer at the age of 69 today (January 14th).

According to his relatives, he died surrounded by his loved ones; family and friends alike.

It is such a disturbing news to hear today. Alan Rickman certainly had a lot of more years to show the world his talent and he really loved it. I personally first saw him in the Harry Potter's movie adaptations, and I have to say, I watched a couple more of his movies following that, like Die Hard and Sense & Sensibility.

Let's never forget the great man Alan Rickman was.

May he rest in peace.
    Last edited by Everlasting; 14th January 2016 at 4:41 PM.
    ❝I don't want to forget.❞

It's a shame we have so many great, influential people passing away lately. First David Bowie, and now Alan Rickman.

Rest in peace.

Wasn't affected by David Bowie's passing, but this made me get up for a few minutes. Like damn, I had no idea he was so sick. Alan Rickman's talent will sorely be missed, he was great, had a good run. I will always remember him as Sir Alexander Dane and Severus Snape.

May he rest in peace.
    Winner of Best Non-Pokémon Fic of 2015 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 8 - 3/10/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

A man of many characters and one who will truly be missed by all. He will always be the great Severus Snape everyone will adore for all ages. Let's not forget his legendary portrayal of Hans Gruber in Die Hard and many other films we love him for. Having two beloved icons pass away at the same age on the same week makes me cry in disbelief. Happy trails, Hans and may you forever be in our hearts. Thank you, David Bowie and Alan Rickman, for not only giving us pieces of art to be remembered for but also inspiring us to reach for the stars and living life to the fullest. Rest In Peace.
    Last edited by XY&Z Legend; 14th January 2016 at 10:15 PM.
    "Respect the old, search for the new".

July 29, 2016: The Big G Rises Again!!

Year of the Monkey: Year of the Infernape

I'll sum both of these guys here. I admit, I could never seem to get in to David Bowies music as much as the next guy, and if you were to ask me what some of Alan Rickman's work was in the past, off by heart his role as Snape in the Harry Potter movies would be the only thing I could tell you. That's the extent of my familiarity with is work.

Still, it's a shock to lose these two so close together.
    May they both rest in peace.

My top favorites

Claimed by me!