Page 2 of 266 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer Thread

I think that Man City has a legitimate shot to contend this year. With Arsenal and Liverpool seemingly down this year, and the Fernando Torres/Chelsea match not looking good, they could surprise the EPL.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

I think that Man City has a legitimate shot to contend this year. With Arsenal and Liverpool seemingly down this year, and the Fernando Torres/Chelsea match not looking good, they could surprise the EPL.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

^ So far, so good for Liverpool but I don't think they can win the league yet, but if Gerrard returns and Suarez stays on fire then who knows? They haven't got Europe o worry about this season so the squad will be less fatigued then others. Torres looking lost at Chelsea right now and Drogba is their best striker there IMO and let's forget Arsenal (which is sad as I'm a fan). It looks to me Man Utd are still the team to beat this year, no doubt.

I still think it will be Man Utd and Chelsea fighting for first places and City/Liverpool and Arsenal will come 3rd/4th and 5th. Yes i know Arsenal have been poor so far this season but there always there or there abouts come the end.

How do we reckon Fulham will cope this season? I mean, we have Europa, Carling Cup and FA Cup, as well as 38 Premier League games. Hopefully we will reach the final again?
    lolwut my Pokemon Black game now works. so much ,yay,

PBR FC 1849-2587-9259
    Platinum FC 2450-1748-7938
    Black 4384 3870 2213
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dialgapalkiamew1
    Please do check out my Deviant Art account - http://rgbargy.deviantart.com/

I hath claimed Shunsui Kyouraku and Kaname Tousen. Mine, all mine.

I IZ MAD, BRAH

I think Fulham will be ok this season, i just hope you lose your next home game :P

Quote Originally Posted by thatguycharizard34 View Post
    How do we reckon Fulham will cope this season? I mean, we have Europa, Carling Cup and FA Cup, as well as 38 Premier League games. Hopefully we will reach the final again?
    Fulham are a very good home side. That's all you really need to stay in the premier league. Home wins.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Fulham are a very good home side. That's all you really need to stay in the premier league. Home wins.
    It is, we are exact proof of that. Since we only had something like 3 away wins last season, which annoyed me but was of no surprise, since it's been that way since forever. I'm looking forward to Sunday, because of Bryan Ruiz and hopefully Bobby Z playing together

PBR FC 1849-2587-9259
    Black 4384 3870 2213

I IZ MAD, BRAH

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    Speaking about Man City, for those who follow the EPL, how far do you think they can go this season. Playing great football and the team looks really solid so far. I think that they are genuine title contenders this year and could suprise a few in the Champions League. A lot to look forward to for the club.
    Top 2 without question, it just all comes down to how far Manchester United can keep up good form. And how long the refs will be on their side

Quote Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
    Liverpool down? Get out! We're looking pretty darn good this season! I reckon we can get top 4 without any problems, probably even finish above Chelsea for 3rd.

^ So far, so good for Liverpool but I don't think they can win the league yet, but if Gerrard returns and Suarez stays on fire then who knows? They haven't got Europe o worry about this season so the squad will be less fatigued then others. Torres looking lost at Chelsea right now and Drogba is their best striker there IMO and let's forget Arsenal (which is sad as I'm a fan). It looks to me Man Utd are still the team to beat this year, no doubt.
    Yeah, I thought Manchester United would be weaker without Scholes and Van Der Sar, but they've certainly started this season with a bang, 8-2 against Arsenal is a bold statement. I think they will concede more goals this season, but will also score more to compensate.
    With Torres not settling at Chelsea, and Arsenal...well, I needn't say, I think the top 3 must be some order of Manchester United, Manchester City and Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasien View Post
    I still think it will be Man Utd and Chelsea fighting for first places and City/Liverpool and Arsenal will come 3rd/4th and 5th. Yes i know Arsenal have been poor so far this season but there always there or there abouts come the end.
    Not Chelsea, Manchester City have far superior quality and are looking like a real unit and force this season, while Torres still isn't settled at Chelsea and they don't look quite like the team they did 2 seasons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mevejuma View Post
    ...while Torres still isn't settled at Chelsea and they don't look quite like the team they did 2 seasons ago.
    They are still looking very strong. Torres doesn't make their team, luckily, and that means they still have a very good fighting chance in this Premier League. The season will tell, the season will tell.

However, Man City are looking like a very bold and scary side. IF they win the league this season, things aren't looking good. The whole football industry is becoming tyrannical with big multi-millionaire bosses giving millions like sweets. The Premier League will never be the same if Man City buy it this season.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

They are still looking very strong. Torres doesn't make their team, luckily, and that means they still have a very good fighting chance in this Premier League. The season will tell, the season will tell.

However, Man City are looking like a very bold and scary side. IF they win the league this season, things aren't looking good. The whole football industry is becoming tyrannical with big multi-millionaire bosses giving millions like sweets. The Premier League will never be the same if Man City buy it this season.
    They are strong, yes, but they don't look as unified as they once did. They made some good signings though, but what will be best for them is if Abramovich actually keeps a manager for a long period of time! Villas-Boas has great potential, and if he leaves him be for a few seasons, he'll create his own squad, rather than having the whole setup change with each new manager.

But yes, for any team to go to White Hart Lane and win 5-1 is quite a feat, they're looking very strong. Their attacking options are just phenomenal: Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko, Silva, Nasri. I'm speechless. I'll agree though, for me as a Liverpool fan last year, I didn't want United to win (bloody 18th title), I didn't want Chelsea to win (Torres would be proved right) and I didn't want City to win (money, money, money and errrr money), so I was hoping Arsenal would pull their act together. But now Arsenal are looking like they could be out of it, so it's time for Liverpool to step up and show the EPL what we are really capable of!

I know what you mean it could be the start of a new era for City if they win the league, kinda like Chelsea and Mourinho back in 2004. I'm really looking foward to see how they do this year, they got so much talent in the squad and they got to win something seeing the millions those Arab owners splashed on the club. With the new expectations there, the pressure's on!

I know what you mean it could be the start of a new era for City if they win the league, kinda like Chelsea and Mourinho back in 2004. I'm really looking foward to see how they do this year, they got so much talent in the squad and they got to win something seeing the millions those Arab owners splashed on the club. With the new expectations there, the pressure's on!
    Well let us hope this new era never starts. I mean, there's spending, and then there's Man City spending, it takes the piss. I hope they win nothing for a couple of seasons, so that the Arab owners see it as a bad investment and leave it and the world of football alone.

Well let us hope this new era never starts. I mean, there's spending, and then there's Man City spending, it takes the piss. I hope they win nothing for a couple of seasons, so that the Arab owners see it as a bad investment and leave it and the world of football alone.
    There's spending, and then there's Everton....not spending :P

Seriously though, Man City just make me sad - to think you're allowed to spend that amount of money is just silly. Then there's the Etihad Stadium (FAIL).

Then there's Fulham being all awesome and barely spending anything and still doing relatively well. Man City should take a leaf out of the book from half the clubs in the league AND NOT SPEND

PBR FC 1849-2587-9259
    Black 4384 3870 2213

I IZ MAD, BRAH

Anybody support a team outside the Prem? The premiership is going to be hella boring this year I'm afraid. Overrated league anyway.

As an Arsenal fan I couldn't agree with you more. If City don't win soon, the owners will do what Abrahamovic did at Chelsea and sack manager after manager. I hope that's the case because City are stacked right now.

There's spending, and then there's Everton....not spending :P

Seriously though, Man City just make me sad - to think you're allowed to spend that amount of money is just silly. Then there's the Etihad Stadium (FAIL).

Then there's Fulham being all awesome and barely spending anything and still doing relatively well. Man City should take a leaf out of the book from half the clubs in the league AND NOT SPEND
    Hehe, Everton joke made me giggle =3

Yeah, I reckon clubs may charge City more for their players than they would other clubs just because they know they can get the money out of them. I'll give it to Fulham, you guys have done pretty well, especially in signing John Arne Riise

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    Anybody support a team outside the Prem? The premiership is going to be hella boring this year I'm afraid. Overrated league anyway.
    I don't think it will be, who saw Manchester United 8 - 2 Arsenal coming? Or Tottenham 1 - 5 Manchester City? Or even Everton 0 - 1 QPR?

I don't see how you can say it's overrated though, it is by far the best league, England has more high quality teams than the other leagues do.

I just find it incredibly boring. The Championship is a much more entertaining league, as is the Bundesliga.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    I just find it incredibly boring. The Championship is a much more entertaining league, as is the Bundesliga.
    I think the Championship is only more exciting because there are more teams, and the play-off places. If it was just a straight-forward 1st, 2nd and 3rd get promoted, it wouldn't be as entertaining.

Anyone like La Liga here? I just love watching Barcelona play, I mean who doesn't?

Hehe, Everton joke made me giggle =3

Yeah, I reckon clubs may charge City more for their players than they would other clubs just because they know they can get the money out of them. I'll give it to Fulham, you guys have done pretty well, especially in signing John Arne Riise

I don't think it will be, who saw Manchester United 8 - 2 Arsenal coming? Or Tottenham 1 - 5 Manchester City? Or even Everton 0 - 1 QPR?

I don't see how you can say it's overrated though, it is by far the best league, England has more high quality teams than the other leagues do.
    Aw, thanks :3 and yeah, J.A. Riise was a good buy, only to get injured in typical key-Fulham-player-style (think Bobby Z last season)

Cuz I'd 8-2 be an Arsenal fan!!............did it died? ;P

PBR FC 1849-2587-9259
    Black 4384 3870 2213

I IZ MAD, BRAH

Anyone like La Liga here? I just love watching Barcelona play, I mean who doesn't?
    I don't get chances to watch it, but I would if I could. I admire the Spanish style of playing, and obviously Barcelona are an absolute joy to watch. Not keen on Real Madrid though...stealing Xabi Alonso away from us ='( *sniffles*

Aw, thanks :3 and yeah, J.A. Riise was a good buy, only to get injured in typical key-Fulham-player-style (think Bobby Z last season)

Cuz I'd 8-2 be an Arsenal fan!!............did it died? ;P
    Nope, not dead yet ^-^

Yeah but that is a club in my country and not even in the Eredivision. :P
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Victory! xD I got back from a camping trip, so New-nobodyreallylikedusbecauseofJoeyBartonbecauseheisa nabsoluteidiot.exe-castle Utd 2-1 Fulham, and I went oh. Saw Manchester-notcheapskatesutd-City 5-1 Riots'r'us Hotspur and went OH.

Saw Manchester Utd 8-2 Ouryouthplayersapparentlysuck, especiallyyouWiltshire and just sat in my chair laughing.
    I didn't laugh, I was shocked and slightly downtrodden. Arsenal is the only other top 4 team bar my beloved Liverpool I would happily see winning the title. And that kind of scoreline shows both their failure and Manchester United's superiority, which I obviously loathe and wish would go away, we need to get more titles!

I didn't laugh, I was shocked and slightly downtrodden. Arsenal is the only other top 4 team bar my beloved Liverpool I would happily see winning the title. And that kind of scoreline shows both their failure and Manchester United's superiority, which I obviously loathe and wish would go away, we need to get more titles!
    Ah! Sorry! T_T didn't mean to offend anyone, so I've taken back my statement. Time to go hide in a hole.

Sincerely sorry, didn't mean it in a bad way, I just got ahead of myself :'(

PBR FC 1849-2587-9259
    Black 4384 3870 2213

I IZ MAD, BRAH

Page 2 of 266 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast