Page 12 of 260 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by reddog95 View Post
    I'm glad the "Big Four" is no more. It makes the league far more competitive
    Maybe I'm just worried about our European credibility though... we're getting inexperienced first-timers in the CL like Man City and Spurs rather than the established Liverpools and Arsenals.

Every team has to start at some point. Spurs' performance in the Champions League was amazing. Not many teams can claim to have beaten AC Milan in their debut in the Chanpions League. Man City will eventually gain more credibility in Europe and will probably become contenders in the next few seasons. Liverpool have really fallen from grace in recent years and I don't think Chelsea will ever win the Champions League

Every team has to start at some point. Spurs' performance in the Champions League was amazing. Not many teams can claim to have beaten AC Milan in their debut in the Chanpions League. Man City will eventually gain more credibility in Europe and will probably become contenders in the next few seasons. Liverpool have really fallen from grace in recent years and I don't think Chelsea will ever win the Champions League
    They couldn't reach the CL this season though; at least with the Big Four you had some consistency. I'll admit Spurs did make the CL more exciting though, despite the fact that they almost failed at the first hurdle (down 3-0 to Young Boys after 28 mins).

I can't see Man City winning anything bigger than the Premier League to be honest, and even if they did miraculously top United, they'll have bought it with Sheikh Mansour's millions. I agree about Liverpool, they've invested in overrated British players like Caroll and Adam and with Suarez gone and Gerrard on his last legs, it's hard to see them replicating their old success anytime soon. As for Chelsea... I blame that racist Terry for his slip 'n slide in Moscow.

That night in Moscow is one of my favourite memories. Watching Terry miss that penalty was soooo amazing. It still makes me laugh

That night in Moscow is one of my favourite memories. Watching Terry miss that penalty was soooo amazing. It still makes me laugh
    You've got to feel sorry for Avram "Millwall Legend" Grant though; he's endured 2 sackings, a resignation and 2 relegations since - could have been one of europe's most celebrated managers otherwise. And can I just say...

Tim Howard for goal of the season.

Oh definitely. I haven't seen it yet but I heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by RevengeHitokage View Post
    Maybe I'm just worried about our European credibility though... we're getting inexperienced first-timers in the CL like Man City and Spurs rather than the established Liverpools and Arsenals.
    Except Arsenal have never failed to be in the Champions League since Arsene Wenger arrived.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Avram Grant had it really hard. I still dont understand his sacking though. His team were in the title race till the last game. They finished second. He also guided them to the Champions League final, something none of Chelsea's managers have ever done. To sack him after that is just insulting.

Abramovich only wants to win the Champions League. Now, thanks to his policy, they're struggling to even qualify for it.
    Formerly, Chariking

Quote Originally Posted by J-Myc View Post
    Except Arsenal have never failed to be in the Champions League since Arsene Wenger arrived.
    Sorry, what I meant is that experienced Arsenal won't reach CL at inexperienced Spurs/City's expense; if you look at the current top 4.

The table is all over the place, i'm a man utd fan and will honestly say I don't think we will challenge the title as good as possible this season, i think Fergy will focus on building the younger players up as they are doing fantastic so far.
    Pokémon Y FC: 4441-9848-8754
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2yjtq4y.jpg[/IMG]
    Credit to -Sarah for my sig

With the top4, I think anything could happen.
    But if I had to pick out the 4 teams I believe will make it to CL next season, I would say Man City, Man United, Arsenal and Chelsea.
    Tottenham has a nice squad, but they lack experience, they only have Adebayor on the striker-side, because both Defoe and Pav are completely useless, and regarding Liverpool, I just don't think they have showed that much so far this season. A couple of nice wins sure, but not being able to beat teams like Swansea and Norwich, that's the kind of games that in the long run will cost you a CL-spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    With the top4, I think anything could happen.
    But if I had to pick out the 4 teams I believe will make it to CL next season, I would say Man City, Man United, Arsenal and Chelsea.
    Tottenham has a nice squad, but they lack experience, they only have Adebayor on the striker-side, because both Defoe and Pav are completely useless, and regarding Liverpool, I just don't think they have showed that much so far this season. A couple of nice wins sure, but not being able to beat teams like Swansea and Norwich, that's the kind of games that in the long run will cost you a CL-spot.
    I agree with you on Liverpool but i disagree with you on Tottenham. They have been fantastic this season. The way is play is with only a single striker. So all they need is Adebayor. And Defoe is not useless! He has impressed playing second fiddle to Adebayor. If Tottenham win against Everton on the 14th, they will be level on points with Man Utd and only 3 points of the top. They'll definitely make it to Champions League next season, my prediction is they'll be 3rd. With Chelsea being 4th, because i cant see Van Persie carrying Arsenal on his own to the Champions League.
    Formerly, Chariking

It's hard to say. I think Chelsea has a tougher way of getting CL then Arsenal, mostly because I think Chelsea has a weaker team in general (Mata is the only one who has impressed me tbh), Arsenal will get players like Sagna, Wilshere and Gibbs back soon, and Wilshere especially will make a huge difference.

If Chelsea wants to get CL I think they will have to buy several players now during Jan, and I don't see it happening. Even if they get some players, they have to perform right away. Chelsea has been shockingly bad against good teams this season, and that might be their fall.

So the FA Cup was a massive disappointment and WALSALL HAVE GOT TO STOP CONCEDING GOALS IN INJURY TIME.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gliBUW_ejGo
    (This is my commentating vid, if you wouldn't mind, comment, and if you like it, like it, if you don't, don't.)

#fandangorevolution

I'm the Cult of Personality. You would have to follow me, only you can set me free. I sell the things you need to be. I'm the Cult of Personality, I exploit you, still you love me, I tell you 1+1 makes 3.

Boo yah I'm a dog with crabs and cancer? Are you find out in alteredorigin.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    So the FA Cup was a massive disappointment and WALSALL HAVE GOT TO STOP CONCEDING GOALS IN INJURY TIME.
    Hardly a vintage 3rd round, was it? Still looking forward to Manchester Derby tomorrow though, even if it is on boring ITV.

I see Scholes has come out of retirement...

>top 4
    >top 4
    >top 4
    >top 4

Really? Is that the only thing discussed in this thread? Come on.

Just watched the Manchester Derby (lol at my double standards) and that was interested. In no way was that a red card, let alone yellow. Thank god I support Fulham...
    lolwut my Pokemon Black game now works. so much ,yay,

PBR FC 1849-2587-9259
    Platinum FC 2450-1748-7938
    Black 4384 3870 2213
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dialgapalkiamew1
    Please do check out my Deviant Art account - http://rgbargy.deviantart.com/

I hath claimed Shunsui Kyouraku and Kaname Tousen. Mine, all mine.

I IZ MAD, BRAH

The Manchester Derby was fun to watch and a very close game. And my home team won! Swindon Town beat Wigan I suppose Liverpool but I live and I'm from Swindon.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

Thank God Man United won.
    3-0 lead should result in a nice victory, but with Lindegaard in goal, everything is possible.

Don't knock lindegaard. He's a fantastic keeper

He's a solid reserve-keeper at best.
    I'm not saying that De Gea has done a fantastic season this far, but he's still young and has the talent.
    Lindegaard is fine as a backup keeper, but the last person who I want to see in goal against the best teams.

United need a good keeper with some premier league experience already. Vorm's been in excellent form so far and Krul's been good as well. If I was Sir Alex I would at least bid for one of those guys this month

Yeah but De Gea needs experience, he could quite easily become one of the worlds best goalies within a few years, but he needs to adjust a bit more to Man United and the way football is played in England, and that won't happen on the bench.
    I'd rather see Krul or Vorm then Lindegaard as second keeper if they would do some form of rotating thing, but I don't think it would be fair to either Krul or Vorm to buy them, and then sell them when De Gea is ready.

Went to the Dons-QPR game yesterday. Should have won! The QPR equaliser was a stupid defensive slash goalkeeping error. Oh well. Might pop down to Loftus Road for the replay if I'm not doing anything!

Also I've made it a task to visit the grounds of both Barnet and Luton, they're both near my university and I haven't been there yet.

Kinda wanted Man City to win but oh well, makes the FA Cup more interesting.
    My Youtube Gaming Channel
    (There's Pokemon!)

Pokemon Y Tag Team Wonderlocke
    Pokemon are put in teams of three, the first Pokemon obtained of the three is the captain.
    Only switching between members of your team.
    If the captain faints or the other two team members faint, the whole team is released.

Badges: 4
    Deaths: 8

Team Muscle Mashers

Team Hopping Mad

Man City 2-3 Man Utd! Even more awesome is that Scholes is BACK! And so is Phil Jones, Smalling and Evans! We finally have a defence!
    Formerly, Chariking

Page 12 of 260 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast