Page 13 of 265 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer Thread

Whaddya know, I ended up seeing Neil Warnock's last game in charge of QPR.

It's kind of surprising and not surprising simultaneously, they should have kept him until at least the end of the season. Seems kind of like a dumb decision, though who knows, they could bring in someone who ends up turning them around. But I fear for them now.

Also, Liverpool versus Manchester United. Enough said really.

Yes, it's been an amazing day. The best match of the season so far, Scholes coming out of retirement, Neil Warnock sacked. QPR have a half-decent side and are underperforming drastically, I think it is a good decision - they'dve gone down with Wigan and Blackburn otherwise. My bottom 3 - Wolves, Blackburn and Wigan - in that order.

Henry!
    He still has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Henry!
    He still has it.
    Let's see how he copes in the following weeks. A goal against Leeds is hardly worthy of the ballon d'or

Yeah but he's 34 after all.
    I don't think anyone expects any wonders of him, and the fact that he scored the only goal and won the game for Arsenal - big for him ofc.
    Even though I'm a Man U-fan, even I was happy for him. :P

Robbie Keane has joined Aston Villa on a two month loan deal. And Chelsea have received QPR's bid for Alex.
    Formerly, Chariking

Surprised at the lack of talk about Tottenham in this thread. Personally I think we have a real shot at the title. Thoughts?

Well, personally I think Tottenham lacks experience and a good back-up to Adebayor.
    But seeing how shaky the other top teams have been, Tottenham still has a fairly good shot, neither of the Manchester teams, Arsenal, Chelsea or Pool have been super awesome over the whole season.

Quote Originally Posted by masukippa View Post
    Surprised at the lack of talk about Tottenham in this thread. Personally I think we have a real shot at the title. Thoughts?
    >lack of Tottenham
    >has any other team other than the top 7 even been mentioned here realistically?
    lolwut my Pokemon Black game now works. so much ,yay,

PBR FC 1849-2587-9259
    Platinum FC 2450-1748-7938
    Black 4384 3870 2213
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dialgapalkiamew1
    Please do check out my Deviant Art account - http://rgbargy.deviantart.com/

I hath claimed Shunsui Kyouraku and Kaname Tousen. Mine, all mine.

I IZ MAD, BRAH

Quote Originally Posted by thatguycharizard34 View Post
    >lack of Tottenham
    >has any other team other than the top 7 even been mentioned here realistically?
    To be fair, this is the first time I have posted in this thread. I have a lot of respect for Fulham personally. Can't understand why you aren't further up the league with the players you have. Zamora, Bryan Ruiz, Dembele, Dempsey. Fantastic front 4. Probably not enough goals. Stockdale is s good young keeper, Hangeland is still a great player despite the fact that the media have taken their eyes off him a little. And of course the big man in charge. Danny Murphy is well past his best though from what I have seen.

Very, very impressed with Swansea in their maiden PL season, and simply can't see them going down. They play football in a way no promoted team should be capable of doing, dominating possession against teams much more established than themselves. Sigurdsson and McEachran are good signings, while we in NI have big hopes for Donnelly. Credit also to Norwich for their incredible start to life in the PL. Both will surely stay up in my eyes.

Big shout out to Martin O'Neill for the already sterling job he is doing at the Stadium of Light. They will challenge for Europe in the coming seasons I expect.

That good enough for you?

I have a feeling Bolton will make today harder than it should be for United at OT.

Whenever I think of Norwich I think of Delia Smith and Stephen Fry. And that is why I want them relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Well, personally I think Tottenham lacks experience and a good back-up to Adebayor.
    But seeing how shaky the other top teams have been, Tottenham still has a fairly good shot, neither of the Manchester teams, Arsenal, Chelsea or Pool have been super awesome over the whole season.
    "Neither of the Manchester teams...have been super awesome over the whole season" What? So a record of 15-3-2 is not 'super awesome'? I cannot fathom how ridiculous that is. A United side that many have said are nowhere near the standard of previous successful squads are only one loss behind City. And apparently that is not 'super awesome'.

And you do know Adebayor is only on a season-long loan. They need a back-up to someone that is leaving in 6 months? They either need to splash the cash on Adebayor permanently in the summer or get another top striker. Spurs also need to do everything they possibly can to keep Modric in the summer. Their midfield three of Modric-Parker-VDV is great. For Spurs to be true title contenders they need to sure up their defence in the summer. A team that has Gallas, Kaboul and Ledley 'I can't play 2 games without dying' King at the back will not be able to hold off the likes of Aguero, Rooney, Balotelli, Hernandez. Dawson can't do it all on his own.

Yeah I know Adebayor is on loan, I think the problem for Spurs is that they have Levy who doesn't want to spend cash on players, which makes it hard for Redknapp to do much about the situation.
    I think Spurs main problem is that if you look at players like Modric and Bale, they were amazingly well scouted, but needed 1 or 2 seasons to really fit into Spurs, and become the players they are today. Now, there are several of the big teams interested in these players, and to me it feels a bit like if Spurs fails this season (with getting to CL), there's a big chance that they might loose one of them at least, which will make it harder later.
    So they need a good striker right away, and that would cost money, and we've noticed over the last few years that Levy doesn't want to spend money. Sure Spurs have done a few signings, but if Spurs really wanted to, they could have signed Leandro Damiao ages ago, or payed off to get Adebayor, their economy isn't BAD, it just feels like they don't dare to take that extra step.

As for the Manchester-teams, statistic-wise they haven't done bad, but if you look at some of the performances, there has been several lowpoints.
    Man U loosing to Blackburn at home for example, or getting beaten by City with big numbers (a game where I didn't think City was THAT good, rather Man U being that bad), and City has been a bit more shaky towards the ending as well, I think Silva is more important to them, then they want to think themselves.
    And if you look at the other teams near the top - Spurs got crushed in the first few games then came back, Arsenal didn't start to perform until September or so, Chelsea has also had several defeats against other teams.

If it comes down to the top teams being worse then before, PL being worse (or better) then before is hard to tell, but each of the teams has done at least a few really bad performances, which is why I said none of them has been "super awesome" all the way through.

If City lose tonight, I'm putting them in 3rd behind Man U and Chelsea. [Chelsea always come good at the end of the season].

Quote Originally Posted by RevengeHitokage View Post
    If City lose tonight, I'm putting them in 3rd behind Man U and Chelsea. [Chelsea always come good at the end of the season].
    Lol. If City lose they are still 8 points above Chelsea.

Chelsea will NOT finish top 2.

Thanks for double posting and stating what is quite obvious
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

I'm still waiting for that Torres hattrick
    Last edited by Jinvaani; 16th January 2012 at 9:31 PM.

You'll be waiting a long time

Quote Originally Posted by abrar14 View Post
    Thanks for double posting and stating what is quite obvious
    Obvious post is obvious.
    lolwut my Pokemon Black game now works. so much ,yay,

PBR FC 1849-2587-9259
    Platinum FC 2450-1748-7938
    Black 4384 3870 2213
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dialgapalkiamew1
    Please do check out my Deviant Art account - http://rgbargy.deviantart.com/

I hath claimed Shunsui Kyouraku and Kaname Tousen. Mine, all mine.

I IZ MAD, BRAH

Lol @ Figuroa's handball

And don't you think Throh looks a bit like Heskey :/

Wish I could follow the African Cup of Nations live, it's a really close tournament so far. I think Gabon is a nation that will only improve as a result of the tournament, as it is already doing (I think they won the under-21 tournament for Olympic qualifying), Equatorial Guinea not so much. I fancy Ghana to win it this year, but you never know. I just hope Senegal get knocked out early for the purposes of me being able to put Demba Ba back in my Fantasy Football team.

And go Mirandes! Semi finalists of the Copa Del Rey, extraordinary, they've already put out Villarreal, Racing and now Espanyol. Methinks Barcelona will still win the cup.

And good Carling Cup game last night, Cardiff did deserve it but it was so tense.

Off to Stevenage this weekend, hoping Notts County will reach the FA Cup fifth round!

I wanted Liverpool to lose ;-; Why couldn't they lose? ;-;

Shows what I know, Equatorial Guinea are through! Excellent stuff.

Also looking forward to the Copa Del Rey highlights later.

Page 13 of 265 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast